Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:27:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Health and Religion  (Read 210804 times)
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 05:41:40 AM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Moloch

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 05:44:19 AM

Moloch

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 05:49:57 AM

CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 03:37:06 PM

It is clear that a few posters are deeply angered by the original title of this post. As the goal of this post is not to attack or denigrate but to inform and share knowledge I have selected a new and less inflammatory title.

exemplaar

Activity: 978
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 10:52:05 PM

I can share my short testimony regarding atheism and health.

Back in atheist(agnostic) days of my life i was ill and feeble all the time. But when i gave my wretched meaningless life to my Creator Jesus Christ, He made me a new creation in Him.
I was also healed and transformed and my sins are no more. Now i know life without Him is meaningless, void and a constant fear.

Isn't that a very profitable deal. You must be mad not to accept that offer.  You give your misery and in return you get a real life and purpose, you became pure original.

OFF:
What is the difference between bitcoin and atheism  Grin

Bitcoin is profitable, atheism is not.  Cheesy

Zeke2345

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 10:56:19 PM

Lot of studies wash over glaring obvious issues. Take the 1-2 glasses of wine recently debunked when they realized they where throwing
former addicts into the group that did not drink at all. It totally throws off the numbers.

Would think that people that use their brain on a deeper level may burn it out quicker. Kind of why I prefer to not think to much and conserve the brain and body for later in life when every one else is falling apart. Cool

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 11:12:48 PM

Back in atheist(agnostic) days of my life i was ill and feeble all the time. But when i gave my wretched meaningless life to my Creator Jesus Christ, He made me a new creation in Him.
I was also healed and transformed and my sins are no more. Now i know life without Him is meaningless, void and a constant fear.
<snip>

My experience was the exact opposite to yours.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
thisappointed

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 04:26:01 AM

<snip>

My experience was the exact opposite to yours.

Well its just psychological that people believe in those. It is true because there are many religious people that can help you if you just tell them you've departed youre bad ways. i would do it too if i am in need(yes i have evil soul).
saiha

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

Strength in Numbers

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 12:41:18 PM

Nothing is better than humans except God, because we're His most perfect creation.

I agree with you mate, we are the most perfect creation of God and we have free will to choose the path that we want.

Vires in Numeris
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 02:34:23 PM

Nothing is better than humans except God, because we're His most perfect creation.

I agree with you mate, we are the most perfect creation of God and we have free will to choose the path that we want.

I will bet my balls on the fact that this not the case.
Atleast not for 98% of humanity  Smiley

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 06:23:14 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2016, 07:01:00 PM by BADecker

I will bet my balls on the fact that this not the case.
Atleast not for 98% of humanity  Smiley

Of course it is the case. Look at it this way and understand.

God created Satan to be one of the good angels at or before the Beginning. He was third highest in Heaven at that time. Figuratively speaking, Satan walked in the same places where God walked, right with God. He learned the things of God. God gave him power and majesty and beauty unrivaled by any.

Because of his beauty and majesty that God gave him, Satan corrupted himself. He became conceited. He wanted to be better than God. He thought he could be better than God. But to start to be better than God, he needed to create something to be at least as good as God. What could he create that God hadn't created already, just so that he could create something, just so that he could start to show that he was as good as God?

There was only one thing that God had not created. And it is a relatively easy thing to create. It was just the thing that Satan needed so he could say that he created something. What was it? It was destruction. Satan created destruction.

Make a car from scratch. A car is something very difficult to make from scratch. You have to mine the ore for the metal, and then smelt it down. You have to melt the various sands for the glass. But before you can do any of this, you have to have the knowledge and the design.

Once you have gone through painstaking detail and made a car - say a Mercedes Benz - it doesn't take long to destroy it. All it takes is a couple of muscle guys with a couple of sledge hammers and a couple of hours of work, and you have destroyed the car quite well.

With the knowledge that he had learned while walking in the presence of God in the "old days," Satan wrought destruction. His destruction destroyed a third of the laws of the universe - the dragon's tail swept a third of the stars from the sky and flung them to the earth. He thought this would be sufficient to easily bring down the whole universe. But it didn't work.

God upheld the universe through Jesus and the work Jesus would do (and finally did) on the cross. The universe is being upheld long enough for God to find His people in it, and bring them out of it to Himself. God's purpose is to take His own people from this universe, and to place them in the New Universe He is creating, and then finally to let this old universe go to destruction forever.

The devil created destruction, but God is a far better master of it. Since Satan wanted destruction, God will GIVE it to him, at the time when He finishes Satan's work of destruction that Satan started in this universe. It will be called the lake of fire, and will be an eternal smelting down of this whole universe (including Satan) into its component parts for reuse by God beyond eternity.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 06:29:25 PM

@Badecker

Should you ever get your own religious tv show i will for sure buy some shares of it ^^

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 06:52:39 PM

@Badecker

Should you ever get your own religious tv show i will for sure buy some shares of it ^^

Thank you... I think.

This stuff is written in the Bible. The Bible scholars have said and showed the parts of it for hundreds of years, even if they haven't put them together quite the way that I have.

However, even if I am wrong in some of what I think, the basics of Jesus salvation, the New Heavens and the New Earth, the lake of fire, the enemies of God including Satan and the people who side with him against God going into the lake of fire, are among many simple truths that are expressed in the Bible.

Be among those who are saved.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Moloch

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 08:20:01 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2016, 08:30:05 PM by Moloch

@Badecker

Thank you... I think.

This stuff is written in the Bible. The Bible scholars have said and showed the parts of it for hundreds of years, even if they haven't put them together quite the way that I have.

However, even if I am wrong in some of what I think, the basics of Jesus salvation, the New Heavens and the New Earth, the lake of fire, the enemies of God including Satan and the people who side with him against God going into the lake of fire, are among many simple truths that are expressed in the Bible.

If that is tl;dr, how about a Venn diagram?

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2016, 09:11:34 PM

@Badecker

I, also.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 11:14:04 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2016, 11:28:48 PM by Buffer Overflow

@Badecker

I would snap some up as well, make a killing on his comedy themed nonfactual show.  Cheesy

Cool
Rehearsing for your new show already I see. I spotted in this comedy sketch you was amusingly presenting blind speculation guesswork as actual factual events and places. Comedy gold!  Cheesy

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 03:48:53 PM

@Badecker

Thank you... I think.

Is there anything that people do NOT know? Does everyone know everything? Silly questions, right?

Our knowledge, knowledge that is absolute fact, is a fraction of that which is available to know. As we gather knowledge little by little, we ofter formulate many opinions about that which we have found out.

Why should we wait around for science to tell us the details about God? Most of these details will forever be something that science will not be able to discern, anyway. Rather, now that science and nature have shown us that God exists, let's look for things that God has been telling us. Let's understand the logic of them, rather than waiting around for the next hundred thousand years until science can tell us a little.

This is what Christianity is all about. It is about God talking to us, showing us things that we could never find out through science, so that we have the opportunity to gain eternal life in peace and joy, a thing that science might never be able to prove in a million years, even though it is the absolute truth.

Cool

Jmild1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 05:19:04 PM

@Badecker

Thank you... I think.

Is there anything that people do NOT know? Does everyone know everything? Silly questions, right?

Our knowledge, knowledge that is absolute fact, is a fraction of that which is available to know. As we gather knowledge little by little, we ofter formulate many opinions about that which we have found out.

Why should we wait around for science to tell us the details about God? Most of these details will forever be something that science will not be able to discern, anyway. Rather, now that science and nature have shown us that God exists, let's look for things that God has been telling us. Let's understand the logic of them, rather than waiting around for the next hundred thousand years until science can tell us a little.

This is what Christianity is all about. It is about God talking to us, showing us things that we could never find out through science, so that we have the opportunity to gain eternal life in peace and joy, a thing that science might never be able to prove in a million years, even though it is the absolute truth.

Cool

Tired of this user keep on appealing to ignorance and filling the answers with god of the gaps. Of course we don't know anything but that doesn't prove your god , it's not a bad thing to answer ''We don't know''
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 06:03:01 PM

Cool

Tired of this user keep on appealing to ignorance and filling the answers with god of the gaps.
So that's why you don't reply much. You are tired.

What do you mean by "god of the gaps?" Do you think that it is ignorance of what you mean by "god of the gaps" that this user appeals to?

Of course we don't know anything but that doesn't prove your god , it's not a bad thing to answer ''We don't know''

Of course lack of knowing very much of anything doesn't prove that the God of the universe exists. It is the knowing part that proves God exists.

Science shows us that cause and effect, complex universe, and universal entropy exist together in this universe. Since they exist together in the same universe as they do, God must exist. If God didn't exist, one or more of these 3 facts would have to not exist, as well.

As it is, cause and effect almost prove that God exists all by itself. The fact that we don't know much about God through scientific observation, doesn't suggest that He doesn't exist.

Cool

CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 01:47:08 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2016, 02:27:48 PM by CoinCube

Quote from: RealBitcoin
Hi can you answer my question, i am curious what your answer is:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=355212.msg14317190#msg14317190

Tell me how can consciousness arise from the brain, if the consciousness experiences the outside world, including the brain...

It's circular logic.

Ok I have a question for you because I see that you are pretty intelligent, here it goes:

Code:
What you see with your eyes and interpret with your mind, is that the outside world or the inside world?
- You can answer outside, because its detached from your body, therefore it seems like it's the outside world, outside from your body
- You can answer inside, because you experience it with the mind ,therefore everything you experience is filtered through your mind, so what you see outside is actually inside your head
- You can't answer both, because that's illogical, can't be both at the same time

So which one is it? Think about it hard because it's a very tricky question, and if you find the right answer then you will instantly see what i`m talking about...

"What you see with your eyes and interpret with your mind, is that the outside world or the inside world?"

My answer:
It is neither the outside world nor the inside world for this is a false dichotomy.

To view consciousness as arising from the brain is an oversimplification stemming from a flawed conceptualization. Instead the brain should be viewed as a medium or functional scaffolding for consciousness to propagate itself. As there is no coherent boundary dividing biology and not-biology all matter can essentially be viewed in this manner.

Individual interaction with the world can thus be understood as consciousness propagating through one medium interacting with consciousness propagating through another medium. This interaction can be reinforcing or destructive. Instead of an inside or an outside world there is simply the propagation of consciousness interacting with itself in increasingly deep and complex ways.

Orchestrated objective reduction’ (‘Orch OR’) proposes that consciousness consists of a sequence of discrete events, each being a moment of ‘objective reduction’ (OR) of a quantum state. The theory suggests conscious experience is intrinsically connected to the fine-scale structure of space–time geometry, and that consciousness may be deeply related to the operation of the laws of the universe.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: