Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:56:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Health and Religion  (Read 210818 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 06:35:24 PM

Science is too backward to understand God.

You speak as if you had seen God and knew where exactly God is.

Has many years and to this day does not have at least a single person who says that he saw and talked with God

How do you expect people to believe in God?

Why is it so difficult for God to show Himself that God really exists?

No reason for god, angels and heaven remain hidden

EXACTLY!  Kiss
God must do something in order for all people to believe in him.
Miracles and Bibles are not enough for all people to believe in God.
I think we really need to see God, and God should talk to all people.

Don't you ever go outside and look at nature? How much more does God have to show you before you will understand that He exists?

Cool

If God wanted us to know he exists, he would know exactly what to do. Yet he chooses to not do it and then punish people for it. I don't really understand how anyone thinks that makes sense, oh well, religiotards

Cheesy

He will not show up just for us to believe Him.  He is God.  We are nothing to Him.  Yet He loves us unconditionally.  We are like flowers here today and gone tomorrow.  We are like waves tossed in the ocean.  We are nothing. We have to seek Him with all our hearts if we want to know Him.  He is not punishing us if He will not show Himself to us.  He do not needs us.  But we need him.

It says clearly in the bible that if you do not believe in god you will go to hell. If he loves us so much, why does he send people to hell for eternal torture. Don't you see the problem there?

God sends no one to Hell. He simply offers the option. Believe and accept Jesus salvation and miss out on Hell. Or don't accept and believe Jesus, and toss yourself into Hell.

YOUR choice.

Cool
what i love most about GOD is that after giving you these two options and be such a loving GOD, he told us to Jesus as the only way to salvation.

However, people don't understand the depth to which God has entered into the universe, and the depth to which he has implanted people in it. If people understood this stuff, they would have a better chance of understanding why Jesus can be the only way to Heaven. There is essentially nothing else that God can do.

The Almighty God Who can do anything, chose to do the impossible, by making people so great, that the only chance that they have to be saved, is a Jesus chance.

God doesn't go half way with things. God made us so great that we have God-power to reject or accept the only way into salvation... Jesus.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
rjbtc2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 01:58:44 AM

Has many years and to this day does not have at least a single person who says that he saw and talked with God

EXACTLY!  Kiss

Don't you ever go outside and look at nature? How much more does God have to show you before you will understand that He exists?

Cool

If God wanted us to know he exists, he would know exactly what to do. Yet he chooses to not do it and then punish people for it. I don't really understand how anyone thinks that makes sense, oh well, religiotards

Cheesy

Boom! Thank you for saying this.
Maybe there is a God but not the God on bible.
If he really loves us unconditionally, why send someone to hell. Lol
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 09:59:25 AM

EXACTLY!  Kiss

Cool

Cheesy

He will not show up just for us to believe Him.  He is God.  We are nothing to Him.  Yet He loves us unconditionally.  We are like flowers here today and gone tomorrow.  We are like waves tossed in the ocean.  We are nothing. We have to seek Him with all our hearts if we want to know Him.  He is not punishing us if He will not show Himself to us.  He do not needs us.  But we need him.

It says clearly in the bible that if you do not believe in god you will go to hell. If he loves us so much, why does he send people to hell for eternal torture. Don't you see the problem there?

God sends no one to Hell. He simply offers the option. Believe and accept Jesus salvation and miss out on Hell. Or don't accept and believe Jesus, and toss yourself into Hell.

YOUR choice.

Cool

Yeah dude, I point you with a gun and I say, hey give me your money or I will shoot you. I'm giving you a choice Cheesy Seems perfectly fine to me. And how is it a choice to believe in something anyways. Is not like I can choose to suddenly believe in God. What a pile of horseshit lmao.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
JaRViZZ

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:16:21 AM

Religion and health or finances have nothing in common. There are people of the same level of faith in one religion, but they have different health and finances.

Okurkabinladin

Activity: 574
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:45:15 AM

Religion and health or finances have nothing in common. There are people of the same level of faith in one religion, but they have different health and finances.

Yes and no. Inequality already forms within the nuclear families, that part you got right. It reflects both nature and will of God.

However, there are also massive differences between socio-economic standing of various religious groups. Some people just perform better.

Mormon men live 10 years longer than other U.S. white males.Mormon women live more than five years longer than other U.S. white females.Those are the among the results of a 25-year study into the health habits and the longevity of the Mormon lifestyle by non-Mormon UCLA professors James E. Enstrom and Lester Breslow, who summarized their research with the conclusion: "Several healthy characteristics of the Mormon lifestyle are associated with substantially reduced death rates and increased life expectancy."

There.
pisston

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 04:34:24 PM

Yes and no. Inequality already forms within the nuclear families, that part you got right. It reflects both nature and will of God.

However, there are also massive differences between socio-economic standing of various religious groups. Some people just perform better.

Mormon men live 10 years longer than other U.S. white males.Mormon women live more than five years longer than other U.S. white females.Those are the among the results of a 25-year study into the health habits and the longevity of the Mormon lifestyle by non-Mormon UCLA professors James E. Enstrom and Lester Breslow, who summarized their research with the conclusion: "Several healthy characteristics of the Mormon lifestyle are associated with substantially reduced death rates and increased life expectancy."

There.
The fact is that I do not think that religion has anything to do with science. The fact is that Mormons actively use secret scientific means and generate their religion. And it has nothing to do with religion, which people turn to God. In fact, Mormons are a very old sect with which it would be very scary to contact. Here, money and their power dominate.
Okurkabinladin

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 04:39:07 PM

There.
The fact is that I do not think that religion has anything to do with science. The fact is that Mormons actively use secret scientific means and generate their religion. And it has nothing to do with religion, which people turn to God. In fact, Mormons are a very old sect with which it would be very scary to contact. Here, money and their power dominate.

WHAT SECRET? Are you talking about reptilians?  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

You can lend the Bible and the book of Mormon in your local library, Mr. Aluminium Hat.

Mormon christians were in long struggle agains federal government of United States. Even forced enmasse to migrate westwards and escape violence.

Yet, they are still here. They live longer than you, have higher education, make more money than you and have bigger more cohesive families than you do.

And all you have as an argument is "they are scary to contact". LOL!
CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 04:56:05 PM

YOUR choice.

Cool

Yeah dude, I point you with a gun and I say, hey give me your money or I will shoot you. I'm giving you a choice Cheesy Seems perfectly fine to me. And how is it a choice to believe in something anyways. Is not like I can choose to suddenly believe in God. What a pile of horseshit lmao.

Actually the reality of the situation according to the various Monotheistic religions is more akin to putting a gun to your own forehead and screaming hysterically while God looks on sadly hoping you will set the gun down and walk away from it.

There are different interpretations of Hell but they are all surprisingly similar.

What Jesus Taught About Hell
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2008802

What Is the Jewish Belief on Hell?
http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/1594422/jewish/Do-Jews-Believe-in-Hell.htm

Does Islam Believe in Hell?
https://owlcation.com/humanities/Islam-and-Hell-Does-Islam-Believe-In-Hell

Though it is beyond the scope of this thread I currently take the position that these interpretations are by and large not mutually exclusive.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:29:00 PM

EXACTLY!  Kiss

Cool

Cheesy

YOUR choice.

Cool

Oh, but you can!!!

Nobody who believes in God does it by himself. The Holy Spirit does the big part of the work.

It's kinda like a transistor. The transistor (your tiny faith) is simply a little switch that says when the electricity is to flow. The Holy Spirit is like the Main Power Coupling, that provides the real power.

It's kinda like the alternator in a car.  You send the tiny, electrical current of your faith through the windings, and the car engine of the Holy Spirit turns it into big electricity.

Let the Holy Spirit work the faith in you. Simply turn it on a little.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
qwik2learn

Activity: 636
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 05:39:12 AM

In Japan there are many atheists and secular people, one Japanese sage has even said that the Japanese people have no need of the idea of god. Yet Japan is very healthy. The benefits of monoculture are similar to the cooperative function of religion.
And even if we lose sight of the Christian, Muslim and Hindu gods and all the rest, superstitions and spiritualism will almost certainly still prevail. More formal religious systems, meanwhile, would likely only be a natural disaster or two away. “Even the best secular government can’t protect you from everything,” says McCauley. As soon as we found ourselves facing an ecological crisis, a global nuclear war or an impending comet collision, the gods would emerge.
http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20141219-will-religion-ever-disappear
qwik2learn

Activity: 636
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 05:52:03 AM

I searched and found many testimonials of healing by way of scalar energy, some tell of healing infections and other serious problems. I tested the free scalar energy treatments from selfhealgo and I agree that the infection is evidently being suppressed from a distance. This is a healing energy that GOD has made available for humans to use. One big cause of suffering is lack of awareness of the healing technologies that are already available.

I do NOT think that prayer and faith will cure an infection, nor has it ever done so to my knowledge. An infection can be managed by YOUR actions. Well-being is the result of one's thinking, this is a non-religious truism often expressed by secular thinkers and influencers.
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 09:21:16 AM

EXACTLY!  Kiss

Cool

Cheesy

YOUR choice.

Cool

Oh, but you can!!!

Nobody who believes in God does it by himself. The Holy Spirit does the big part of the work.

It's kinda like a transistor. The transistor (your tiny faith) is simply a little switch that says when the electricity is to flow. The Holy Spirit is like the Main Power Coupling, that provides the real power.

It's kinda like the alternator in a car.  You send the tiny, electrical current of your faith through the windings, and the car engine of the Holy Spirit turns it into big electricity.

Let the Holy Spirit work the faith in you. Simply turn it on a little.

Cool

But I can't. I do not believe in ghosts and I can't force myself to believe in ghosts, this is simple logic.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
Okurkabinladin

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 09:27:46 AM

In Japan there are many atheists and secular people, one Japanese sage has even said that the Japanese people have no need of the idea of god. Yet Japan is very healthy. The benefits of monoculture are similar to the cooperative function of religion.
And even if we lose sight of the Christian, Muslim and Hindu gods and all the rest, superstitions and spiritualism will almost certainly still prevail. More formal religious systems, meanwhile, would likely only be a natural disaster or two away. “Even the best secular government can’t protect you from everything,” says McCauley. As soon as we found ourselves facing an ecological crisis, a global nuclear war or an impending comet collision, the gods would emerge.

Thats valid argument, but good luck trying to build mono-culture in postmodern West. I mean it.

Harvard professor of political science Robert D. Putnam conducted a nearly decade-long study on how multiculturalism affects social trust. He surveyed 26,200 people in 40 American communities, finding that when the data were adjusted for class, income and other factors, the more racially diverse a community is, the greater the loss of trust. People in diverse communities "don’t trust the local mayor, they don’t trust the local paper, they don’t trust other people and they don’t trust institutions," writes Putnam. In the presence of such ethnic diversity, Putnam maintains that

[W]e hunker down. We act like turtles. The effect of diversity is worse than had been imagined. And it’s not just that we don’t trust people who are not like us. In diverse communities, we don’t trust people who do look like us.

Ethnologist Frank Salter writes:

Relatively homogeneous societies invest more in public goods, indicating a higher level of public altruism. For example, the degree of ethnic homogeneity correlates with the government's share of gross domestic product as well as the average wealth of citizens. Case studies of the United States, Africa and South-East Asia find that multi-ethnic societies are less charitable and less able to cooperate to develop public infrastructure. Moscow beggars receive more gifts from fellow ethnics than from other ethnies [sic]. A recent multi-city study of municipal spending on public goods in the United States found that ethnically or racially diverse cities spend a smaller portion of their budgets and less per capita on public services than do the more homogeneous cities.
Bodywowoya

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 09:48:44 PM

Thats valid argument, but good luck trying to build mono-culture in postmodern West. I mean it.

Harvard professor of political science Robert D. Putnam conducted a nearly decade-long study on how multiculturalism affects social trust. He surveyed 26,200 people in 40 American communities, finding that when the data were adjusted for class, income and other factors, the more racially diverse a community is, the greater the loss of trust. People in diverse communities "don’t trust the local mayor, they don’t trust the local paper, they don’t trust other people and they don’t trust institutions," writes Putnam. In the presence of such ethnic diversity, Putnam maintains that

[W]e hunker down. We act like turtles. The effect of diversity is worse than had been imagined. And it’s not just that we don’t trust people who are not like us. In diverse communities, we don’t trust people who do look like us.

Ethnologist Frank Salter writes:

Relatively homogeneous societies invest more in public goods, indicating a higher level of public altruism. For example, the degree of ethnic homogeneity correlates with the government's share of gross domestic product as well as the average wealth of citizens. Case studies of the United States, Africa and South-East Asia find that multi-ethnic societies are less charitable and less able to cooperate to develop public infrastructure. Moscow beggars receive more gifts from fellow ethnics than from other ethnies [sic]. A recent multi-city study of municipal spending on public goods in the United States found that ethnically or racially diverse cities spend a smaller portion of their budgets and less per capita on public services than do the more homogeneous cities.
And what conclusions can be drawn from this and all the information? You do not think that a person more relay has stronger demands in life. It seems to me that some observations do not have any ground.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:07:01 PM

The Japanese are relatively wealthy and have a long life expectancy but are they healthy? I suppose that depends on how one defines health.

Some data points regarding Japan.

In Japan, world’s gloomiest millennials see a future of struggle
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2016/11/24/national/social-issues/japan-worlds-gloomiest-millennials-see-future-struggle/#.WV6vhr9HaEc

Demographic Shock Ground Zero: Japan's Population Drops At Fastest Pace On Record
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-07-05/demographic-shock-ground-zero-japans-population-drops-fastest-pace-record

CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 06:23:30 PM

Attending church is good for your health. Now what?
http://religionnews.com/2017/07/06/attending-church-is-good-for-your-health-now-what/
Quote from: Yonat Shimron
The latest in a long line of studies, now numbering in the hundreds, if not thousands, shows that church attendance is good for your health.

Published in May by researchers from Vanderbilt University, the study found that middle-aged adults who attended religious services at least once in the past year were half as likely to die prematurely as those who didn’t.

Using data from a National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey collected by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the study’s researchers examined 10 biological stress markers among 5,449 men and women aged 46 to 65. They then compared those markers with respondents’ self-reported religious service attendance and found a correlation between religious service attendance, lower stress and longevity.

The study adds to mounting scientific findings on the subject. A far larger study, of 74,534 women, published last year found that attending a religious service more than once per week was associated with 33 percent lower mortality compared with women who never attended religious services.

A documentary probing recent findings similar to these airs on on many PBS stations Friday and Saturday (July 7 and 8 ) — another sign of growing awareness of these studies’ significance, especially for older adults.

But even as the studies pile up and the literature appears close to conclusive, many questions about the association between religious service attendance and health have yet to be answered.

For one, people attend religious services for all kinds of reasons. What is it about services that might impart better health? The prayers? The social connections? The coffee and cookies?

And does religious attendance account for longevity, or something else? Could it be that people who attend church, synagogue or mosque happen to lead healthier lifestyles? Maybe they are on the whole predisposed to eat well, exercise regularly, engage in safe sex and drink alcohol in moderation?

How about people who bond over shared interests — say, knitting or poker, or devoted volunteers in literacy centers, or animal rescues? Has anyone studied whether these group members have lower mortality rates?

And finally, if, as so much evidence suggests, religious attendance is correlated with positive health outcomes, does that mean doctors should prescribe a weekly service to their patients?

“Religion is incredibly complex,” said Neal Krause, a retired professor of public health at the University of Michigan who is the lead investigator in a Landmark Spirituality and Health Survey. “To say ‘Church attendance is good for your health’ does everything and nothing at the same time. The question is, ‘What exactly is going on here?’”

Krause points out that not all religion is good. Religious devotion can also lead to negative health outcomes if people are motivated to attend church out of guilt, for example, or feel God is punishing them through their illness.  Indeed, studies have shown that negative religious coping can cause spiritual distress that may lead to depression or early death.

But overall, researchers say the field of spirituality and health — spanning numerous academic disciplines, including public health, nursing, social work, sociology, psychology and medicine — is improving as investigators dig deeper and try to ferret out causal relationships and eliminate other factors that may account for improved health outcomes.

One thing many researchers agree on: Studies analyzing whether prayer can heal illness have been shown to be methodologically, ethically and theologically flawed. Besides the question of whether prayer is an appropriate subject for scientific study and the fact that it’s impossible to quantify the amount of prayer offered at a set time, there were a host of ethical considerations (Is it ethical not to pray for someone, and does God heal some but not others?).

The best of these studies showed that prayers offered by strangers — sometimes called intercessory prayer — had no effect on the recovery of people undergoing surgery.

Religious attendance, however, is a subject researchers keep returning to. The question remains: What practical implications can be gleaned from these studies?

Many researchers agree that even if religious attendance does promote better health, it’s not appropriate for a physician to tell patients to go to church if they want to live longer — just as it wouldn’t be appropriate to tell patients they should get married because research shows married couples live longer.

But that doesn’t mean doctors shouldn’t inquire about patients’ spiritual needs.

“Physicians should know everything that has the potential to impact a patient’s well-being, whether it’s diet, social engagement, gun ownership or texting while driving,” said Richard Sloan, a biomedical researcher at Columbia University Medical Center. “My objection is when physicians try to persuade patients to engage in religious practices that are potentially coercive.”

For example, he said, it would unethical for a doctor to try to convert patients to a particular faith or to initiate prayer with a patient.

Likewise, it’s not clear that going to church to improve the odds of survival is a good idea.

“I wouldn’t want a congregation of people there for health benefits,” said Daniel Sulmasy, a general internist and ethicist at Georgetown University and a former Franciscan friar. “In fact, we don’t know if people did it for that reason, rather than intrinsic reasons, that there would be a correlation.”

But some studies at the intersection of religion and health that might help clinicians do a better job of caring for patients.

For example, studies have shown that chaplain visits in hospital settings are associated with better health outcomes. This stands to reason, say researchers; when patients’ spiritual needs are met, they are more satisfied with their overall care. Another study suggested patients that take advantage of chaplain visits are more peaceful and feel more in control of their health.

More such research examining the efficacy of chaplaincy interventions are needed, said Christina Puchalski, professor of medicine and director of the George Washington University’s Institute for Spirituality and Health.

“What can we do for the person that’s suffering?” Puchalski asked. “What are we doing so they aren’t alone? I try to accompany people in their suffering. That’s where we can all come together.”

And while researchers work to tease out the mediating factors in religious services that may hold the secret ingredient to health, there’s little question that religious groups have a lot going for them.

“Name a human institution that gives you a sense of community, hope, teaches you how to meditate, has all these kinds of disciplines associated with it,” said Sulmasy. “If it’s not a religion, it’s going to be close to a religion.”

JefLiber

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 08:06:12 PM

I searched and found many testimonials of healing by way of scalar energy, some tell of healing infections and other serious problems. I tested the free scalar energy treatments from selfhealgo and I agree that the infection is evidently being suppressed from a distance. This is a healing energy that GOD has made available for humans to use. One big cause of suffering is lack of awareness of the healing technologies that are already available.

I do NOT think that prayer and faith will cure an infection, nor has it ever done so to my knowledge. An infection can be managed by YOUR actions. Well-being is the result of one's thinking, this is a non-religious truism often expressed by secular thinkers and influencers.
It's possible that it really all exists. Actually, only I always Believed that it works on a person as a self-hypnosis. And then it turns out that the person who believes, greatly contributes to their health.

CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 12:22:55 AM

Without deity, all devolves to therapy; all therapy devolves to universal death

http://charltonteaching.blogspot.com/2017/06/without-deity-all-devolves-to-therapy.html?m=1
Quote from: Bruce Charlton
If deity is denied - or, nowadays, not so much 'denied' as ruled-out a priori on the basis of unexamined and unacknowledged metaphysical assumptions regarding the nature of reality...

Without deity then Life devolves to how we feel about life, currently; and therefore all possible problems devolve to therapy - because the solution to all possible problems is to change how we feel about them. Full stop - nothing more to be said.

And, changing how we feel about things is not innocuous; because it includes the possibility of Not-feeling. IN other worlds any and all problems can be solved temporarily by obliterating feelings; perhaps by obliterating awareness, obliterating The Self; maybe with drugs, surgery or some other technology...

Or we abolish feelings by death. Because without deity - death is the end of consciousness.

So all possible problems can permanently be solved by death...

Further, all problems can be prevented - by never being alive in the first place. Prevention of life.

So the therapeutic society is continually sliding down a slippery slope towards the idea of universal and permanent extinction of Life, as the one sure way of preventing suffering.

Death is the ultimate therapy for everything!

OR - if that sounds... wrong to you; then you might discover and reconsider your metaphysical assumptions which lead to that conclusion; then re-examine the possibility of deity?...

clearcrystal

Activity: 131

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 11:36:14 AM

Health and religions are two different things. Health depends on your food habits and how you are living your life on daily basis. Whereas religion is something which got associated with you from birth. Depending on the religion some food habits are being defined - Veg or Non Veg.

LATOKEN  ●  TRADE REAL ASSETS IN CRYPTO  ●  JOIN ICO NOW
SLACK  |  TELEGRAM
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 05:51:06 PM

Health and religions are two different things. Health depends on your food habits and how you are living your life on daily basis. Whereas religion is something which got associated with you from birth. Depending on the religion some food habits are being defined - Veg or Non Veg.

Our personal religion and the religion of the community we immerse ourselves in guide shape and ultimately mold how we live our lives on a daily basis.

Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: