Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:00:36 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Health and Religion  (Read 210822 times)
zain_h332

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:13:14 AM

Everyone is poison to others. Each has there own perspective on life and its gonna be messy. Its on a people to cleanse him/herself.
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:41:03 AM

''Some people have the need to be slaves. You would take their freedom away? You are missing a lot about Bible slavery.

Discrimination against homosexuals is right when it is done out of love. Why encourage them on their way to destruction in their homosexual sin by befriending them in it?''

The definition of a slave is that they don't have freedom, that's why they are called slaves in the first place. You can't argue that a slave chose to be a slave because then he wouldn't be a slave. http://www.dictionary.com/browse/slave
The point isn't about slaves becoming slaves. The point is about free people volunteering to be slaves. Exodus 21:16:
Anyone who kidnaps someone is to be put to death, whether the victim has been sold or is still in the kidnapper's possession.
See more at http://biblereasons.com/kidnapping/.

''It's the carrying out of those feelings in the form of homosexual acts that is wrong.'' I'm wondering badecker, do you ever question your beliefs? Why do you think that carrying those feelings in the form of homosexuality is wrong, is there any objective argument for that? I don't see what's wrong with it.
Everything in nature has a purpose. Even evolution says that. There is no purpose in homosexuality.

Leviticus 20:13:
If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Romans 1:26,27:
Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

For additional Bible passages, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bible_and_homosexuality#Romans_1:26-27.

''The thing you really need to do is to formally ask God to force you to become a believer in Him. Be serious, and ask it for real.'' I did when I was a believer and he didn't respond, so.. yeah.

At that time you didn't have all the Bible training that you have received just in this forum, alone. Be serious about it, and try it again. Of course, why would you want to? You are locked in to your own self-destruction, all the while blaming someone else. But... if you don't change, God Himself, in the judgment, will prove to you that it was you, not He.

Cool

And here I thought that killing was wrong. ''You shall not murder.'' yet the bible tells you to kill other people all the time, amazing.

''Everything in nature has a purpose. Even evolution says that. There is no purpose in homosexuality.'' Quoting evolution? Evolution does not say that everything in nature has a purpose. You are ok with killing homosexuals just because of that? Psychopath indeed. You never answered what's wrong with it, tho. You just said everything in nature has a purpose. Should we also kill people that are born with problems because they are not part of a good evolution? Maybe we should start murdering everyone with defects, what the fuck is wrong with your mind?

''Be serious about it, and try it again'' I can't be more serious now than I was back then when I truly believed in god and he didn't answer.

Relax. It's okay. Jesus still loves you. He took a lot worse from the guys who nailed Him to the cross. And He arose on the third day just to conquer all evil.

Come on and place your trust in Him. His religion for you is the best... certainly a lot better than your own. You can do it, even though the diseases you have from your homosexuality are destroying you. Rather, destroy the homosexuality in yourself so that you live.

It's called health and religion. Don't sell yourself so short. Jesus loves you.

Cool

That's a good ignoring response, classic badecker. You didn't respond about the fact that the bible says killing is wrong and yet commands people to kill other people all the tim

Does someone get diseases because he is a homosexual? Do you have any evidence for this? I don't think so. You don't have any idea why homosexuality is wrong, you just follow the book. Think for yourself for once.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:04:14 PM

''Some people have the need to be slaves. You would take their freedom away? You are missing a lot about Bible slavery.

Discrimination against homosexuals is right when it is done out of love. Why encourage them on their way to destruction in their homosexual sin by befriending them in it?''

The definition of a slave is that they don't have freedom, that's why they are called slaves in the first place. You can't argue that a slave chose to be a slave because then he wouldn't be a slave. http://www.dictionary.com/browse/slave
The point isn't about slaves becoming slaves. The point is about free people volunteering to be slaves. Exodus 21:16:
Anyone who kidnaps someone is to be put to death, whether the victim has been sold or is still in the kidnapper's possession.

''It's the carrying out of those feelings in the form of homosexual acts that is wrong.'' I'm wondering badecker, do you ever question your beliefs? Why do you think that carrying those feelings in the form of homosexuality is wrong, is there any objective argument for that? I don't see what's wrong with it.
Everything in nature has a purpose. Even evolution says that. There is no purpose in homosexuality.

If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

For additional Bible passages, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bible_and_homosexuality#Romans_1:26-27.

''The thing you really need to do is to formally ask God to force you to become a believer in Him. Be serious, and ask it for real.'' I did when I was a believer and he didn't respond, so.. yeah.

At that time you didn't have all the Bible training that you have received just in this forum, alone. Be serious about it, and try it again. Of course, why would you want to? You are locked in to your own self-destruction, all the while blaming someone else. But... if you don't change, God Himself, in the judgment, will prove to you that it was you, not He.

Cool

And here I thought that killing was wrong. ''You shall not murder.'' yet the bible tells you to kill other people all the time, amazing.

''Everything in nature has a purpose. Even evolution says that. There is no purpose in homosexuality.'' Quoting evolution? Evolution does not say that everything in nature has a purpose. You are ok with killing homosexuals just because of that? Psychopath indeed. You never answered what's wrong with it, tho. You just said everything in nature has a purpose. Should we also kill people that are born with problems because they are not part of a good evolution? Maybe we should start murdering everyone with defects, what the fuck is wrong with your mind?

''Be serious about it, and try it again'' I can't be more serious now than I was back then when I truly believed in god and he didn't answer.

Relax. It's okay. Jesus still loves you. He took a lot worse from the guys who nailed Him to the cross. And He arose on the third day just to conquer all evil.

Come on and place your trust in Him. His religion for you is the best... certainly a lot better than your own. You can do it, even though the diseases you have from your homosexuality are destroying you. Rather, destroy the homosexuality in yourself so that you live.

Cool

That's a good ignoring response, classic badecker. You didn't respond about the fact that the bible says killing is wrong and yet commands people to kill other people all the tim

Does someone get diseases because he is a homosexual? Do you have any evidence for this? I don't think so. You don't have any idea why homosexuality is wrong, you just follow the book. Think for yourself for once.

You know that there is no command Given by god in the Bible to kill people all the time.

The killing that God does command is really a stoppage of killing. Here is a basic idea of how it works. This isn't the exact usage in the Bible, but it is an example to show how killing can be a stoppage of killing.

A serial killer kills 15 people. If he were allowed to go on, he would kill 1500 more. Government (directed by God) executes the serial killer. Government kills to stop the killing.

Google "homosexuality and AIDS." You will see that AIDS spreads through illicit sex of every kind.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:12:04 PM

Cool

Cool

LOL. 11% of sheep is gay. BADecker and CoinCube better start teaching them that is wrong to be gay and how to un gay them.  Otherwise all sheep societies around the world will collapse because of the influence of gay lifestyle on their communities.

CoinCube can you muster some pseudo scientific study based on quotes from the Bible to show the ill effects of sheep gay acts on their herds and the sheep specie as a whole.

Then move on to lions, and all other animals...

Looking forward to your Bible wisdom on the subject.

Show us a purpose in the act of homosexuality.

Sex is for propagation. Homosexuality is useless, and has no place in nature or what in is right. The fact that it exists in animals shows the corruption in nature. The fact that nature isn't destroyed by it, shows that Jesus is upholding nature to give people a chance to repent and be saved. The fact that people die shows that people have a limited time to make up their minds about salvation. The fact that most animals don't live as long as people, shows that God gives people more time to repent, because eternal torment awaits them if they don't.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
morufu2016

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:12:42 PM

To my own view health  should cultivate an understanding of how religion and spirituality are felt, lived, and experienced by the populations of interest.
Astargath

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:43:30 PM

Cool

Cool

You know that there is no command Given by god in the Bible to kill people all the time.

The killing that God does command is really a stoppage of killing. Here is a basic idea of how it works. This isn't the exact usage in the Bible, but it is an example to show how killing can be a stoppage of killing.

A serial killer kills 15 people. If he were allowed to go on, he would kill 1500 more. Government (directed by God) executes the serial killer. Government kills to stop the killing.

Google "homosexuality and AIDS." You will see that AIDS spreads through illicit sex of every kind.

Cool

Sure, however that's never the case in the bible. In fact your recent example was this: ''If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.'' Was the homosexual man going to kill people and had to be stopped? Yeah..

''You will see that AIDS spreads through illicit sex of every kind.'' Yes it does, what does that have to do with being homosexual, though? You can get aids whether you are homosexual or heterosexual, in any case it's god's fault for allowing aids to be spread while having sex lol.

''Homosexuality is romantic attraction, sexual attraction or sexual behavior between members of the same sex or gender'' I will ask you again badecker, what's wrong with that?

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
Astargath

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:44:00 PM

Cool

Cool

LOL. 11% of sheep is gay. BADecker and CoinCube better start teaching them that is wrong to be gay and how to un gay them.  Otherwise all sheep societies around the world will collapse because of the influence of gay lifestyle on their communities.

CoinCube can you muster some pseudo scientific study based on quotes from the Bible to show the ill effects of sheep gay acts on their herds and the sheep specie as a whole.

Sex is for propagation. Homosexuality is useless, and has no place in nature or what in is right. The fact that it exists in animals shows the corruption in nature. The fact that nature isn't destroyed by it, shows that Jesus is upholding nature to give people a chance to repent and be saved. The fact that people die shows that people have a limited time to make up their minds about salvation. The fact that most animals don't live as long as people, shows that God gives people more time to repent, because eternal torment awaits them if they don't.

Cool

Show us the purpose of having sex using a condom then, or masturbation or sticking up a finger up your butt.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
easydrawrex

Activity: 73

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:56:22 PM

In Mensa Magazine Bruce G Charlton posited three fundamental disadvantages of high IQ .

Charlton’s triad:
1)   Socialism
2)   Atheism
3)   Infertility

So, along with high IQ comes critical thinking skills...

1) Socialism is a no-brainer for intelligent people - it just makes sense to help those less fortunate than yourself
2) Atheism is a no-brainer for intelligent people - it just makes sense...
3) Intelligent parents have no need to produce dozens of brainwashed children... 1-2 smart children are better than 6 stupid ones destined for welfare

Newsflash: Atheists are a minority... you cannot blame the world's problems on 3% of the population... try blaming the 97% (religion) for your problems

Why blame the Mormons, and Jews and Atheists for all of your problems?

Why do religious people always blame and hate everyone?

I deny your claim about socialism Moloch. I'm a bit sad, I thought you were an intelligent lad :-/

No worries, I was raised in America too... I fully understand how the American education system demonizes that word... it's not your fault

Not sure I understand. You mean we don't have the same definition of socialism or that you are aware that socialism is a good principle but that can be misused of course (ike any political tool)?

People killin' people dyin'
Children hurtin', I hear them cryin'
Can you practice what you preachin'?
Father, father, father help us
Send some guidance from above
'Cause people got me, got me
Questioning
(Where's the love)
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 06:44:45 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool

Show us the purpose of having sex using a condom then, or masturbation or sticking up a finger up your butt.

Why would I attempt that. There isn't any purpose for that stuff, except to attempt to thwart God. I'm surprised that you don't have the answers, since you are the one who is trying to thwart God.

Cool

Astargath

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:47:21 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool

Why would I attempt that. There isn't any purpose for that stuff, except to attempt to thwart God. I'm surprised that you don't have the answers, since you are the one who is trying to thwart God.

Cool

You are dense. Your argument is that homosexuality is wrong because it has no ''purpose'' however there are a ton of things without a ''purpose'' like those mentioned there and yet the bible doesn't tell people to kill other people if they stick a finger up their butt, does it?

Anyhow, why would it be justified to kill people just because they are doing things without purpose? Psychopath..

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:27:07 AM

Sexually transmitted diseases dramatically increase in California
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/amp/Sexually-transmitted-diseases-dramatically-12914157.php
More than 300,000 cases of chlamydia, gonorrhea, and early syphilis were reported in California in 2017, a 45 percent increase compared with five years ago, according to a report by the California Department of Public Health.
“The levels we are seeing now are higher than they’ve been since 1990,” said Watt. “We’ve been seeing increases for all three diseases for the last five or six years. It’s concerning because that slope, that uptick, doesn’t seem to be coming down. In fact, it seems to be getting steeper.”
There were 75,450 cases of gonorrhea in 2017, the highest number since 1988, the report said. The rate of gonorrhea infection, which is highest among people under age 30, increased 16 percent over 2016. Males were two times more likely to get the disease than females.
The rates of gonorrhea and syphilis are higher among men because male-on-male sex carries with it a higher risk of transmission

Depression rates among youth in U.S. higher than ever
https://www.upi.com/Depression-rates-among-youth-in-US-higher-than-ever/5111526064121/
The Blue Cross Blue Shield Association analysis of medical claims data showed that the overall rate of major depression was 4.4 percent and that diagnosis rates rose 33 percent between 2013 and 2016. Those rates increased 63 percent among teens and 47 percent among millennials.

Suicide attempts increasing among American high school kids, study finds

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2018/05/16/suicide-attempts-increasing-among-american-high-school-kids-study-finds.amp.html
The number of teens hospitalized for suicide ideation or suicide attempts nearly doubled between 2008 and 2015, with the highest increase seen in adolescent girls, a study found.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:22:06 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool

Cool

You are dense. Your argument is that homosexuality is wrong because it has no ''purpose'' however there are a ton of things without a ''purpose'' like those mentioned there and yet the bible doesn't tell people to kill other people if they stick a finger up their butt, does it?

Anyhow, why would it be justified to kill people just because they are doing things without purpose? Psychopath..

There are a ton of things with no purpose, and there are a ton of wrong things, homosexuality among them, right?

The idea of the Bible is Jesus salvation. That's why homosexuals are not destroyed immediately upon committing their sin.

Most of the sin exists in the fact that non-homos are reasonably tolerant. Rather than kill the homos, they let them live without forcing them to change.

If God tells us to do something in the Bible, that thing is justified. Even if you think Godly people, or even God Himself, are psychopaths, perhaps it is you who is the psychopath for not doing the thing that makes sense... obey God.

God is the owner. He wants salvation for you, not destruction. That's why He gives you more time to repent. But you seem to only want destruction. Throw away your health through self-destruction, right.

Cool

Astargath

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 11:04:54 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool

Cool

There are a ton of things with no purpose, and there are a ton of wrong things, homosexuality among them, right?

The idea of the Bible is Jesus salvation. That's why homosexuals are not destroyed immediately upon committing their sin.

Most of the sin exists in the fact that non-homos are reasonably tolerant. Rather than kill the homos, they let them live without forcing them to change.

If God tells us to do something in the Bible, that thing is justified. Even if you think Godly people, or even God Himself, are psychopaths, perhaps it is you who is the psychopath for not doing the thing that makes sense... obey God.

God is the owner. He wants salvation for you, not destruction. That's why He gives you more time to repent. But you seem to only want destruction. Throw away your health through self-destruction, right.

Cool

''and there are a ton of wrong things, homosexuality among them, right?'' No, doing things without a reproductive purpose isn't wrong.

''committing their sin.'' But you haven't answered why homosexuality is a sin, it's not because it doesn't have a ''purpose''. The purpose is to be happy just like masturbating or drinking coca cola. Not everything needs to have a reproductive purpose. You have no argument of why homosexuality is wrong.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:03:26 AM

You have no argument of why homosexuality is wrong.

Here an argument put forward by Richard Swinburne an emeritus professor of philosophy at the University of Oxford.

Why homosexuality is unacceptable: The disability argument

https://philodispatch.wordpress.com/2015/10/08/why-homosexuality-is-unacceptable-the-argument-from-disability/
(1) Homosexuality is a preventable disability.

He defends (1) in two parts. Firstly, he considers homosexuality a disability because it is deprived of something which heterosexuality possesses. In his words:

"The first things to recognise is that homosexuality is a disability. For a homosexual is unable to enter into a loving relationship in which the love is as such procreative."

Secondly, he thinks this deprivation is preventable. He cites various studies which indicate homosexuality is due to both genetics and environmental factors. Swinburne writes:

"The consensus of the scientific community is that both genetic constitution and social factors interact to produce homosexuality. The social factors may include Freudian-type factors (over-involved mother and cold father causing male homosexuality, etc.) and the absence of gender-specific education and dress; but they will also surely include the acceptability of homosexual practice among peers and society more widely."

Thus, if we foster a climate which inhibits the development of homosexuality, Swinburne thinks fewer potential homosexuals will become actual homosexuals (and grow instead into heterosexuals).

(2) Disabilities ought to be prevented and cured.

Typically, Swinburne thinks we seek to reduce disabilities as far as we can. For instance, suppose  we know a baby has a condition which will very likely result in his loss of limbs some years later. Soon after, someone discovers a medication which will significantly reduce the chances of him losing his limbs. We would administer that medication to the baby. On the flipside, if someone does what worsens the baby’s condition, it would seem a bad thing.

(3) Homosexuality ought to be prevented and cured.

Given (1) and (2), it follows that we should prevent and cure homosexuality. Thus Swinburne urges:

"So part of both prevention and cure (where that is now possible) must consist in deterring homosexuals from committing homosexual acts. Homosexuals can help to prevent the spread of homosexuality and help to cure others by setting an example of not indulging their inclinations and of seeking a cure."

CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:19:45 AM

1. Homosexuals can be in loving relationships.
2. Homosexuals can procreate using donor eggs.

Enough said.

For a homosexual to reproduce requires impregnation of a female. This is logically more difficult and less likely to occur if you are homosexual than if you are heterosexual.

Thus the argument that it is a disability above.

That fact that it is not impossible is not relevant. It suffices that it is disadvantageous.

Demographic Profile of Same-Sex Parents
https://www.bgsu.edu/content/dam/BGSU/college-of-arts-and-sciences/NCFMR/documents/FP/FP-12-15.pdf
About 1 in 6 (16%) same-sex couple households include children (biological, step, or adopted).

Male-male households (10%) are half as likely as female-female households (22%) to have children present (Figure 1).

In contrast, 41% of opposite-sex couple households have children present (not shown).

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:24:35 AM

Cool

Cool

Cool

Cool

Cool

''and there are a ton of wrong things, homosexuality among them, right?'' No, doing things without a reproductive purpose isn't wrong. - That's a judgment call, not necessarily a fact.

''committing their sin.'' But you haven't answered why homosexuality is a sin, it's not because it doesn't have a ''purpose''.
- I most certainly answered it, above. It's because God stated that it is a sin in the Bible, and I offered two examples; there are more. The purpose is to be happy just like masturbating or drinking coca cola.
- God did not state that drinking Coca Cola or that masturbation are sins. But He DID state that the act of homosexuality is. Not everything needs to have a reproductive purpose. You have no argument of why homosexuality is wrong.
God said the act of homosexuality is wrong. He explained it through His Bible writers. They even showed why, because it is an unnatural act.

Astargath

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:40:28 AM

Here an argument put forward by Richard Swinburne an emeritus professor of philosophy at the University of Oxford.

https://philodispatch.wordpress.com/2015/10/08/why-homosexuality-is-unacceptable-the-argument-from-disability/

He defends (1) in two parts. Firstly, he considers homosexuality a disability because it is deprived of something which heterosexuality possesses. In his words:

"The first things to recognise is that homosexuality is a disability. For a homosexual is unable to enter into a loving relationship in which the love is as such procreative."

Secondly, he thinks this deprivation is preventable. He cites various studies which indicate homosexuality is due to both genetics and environmental factors. Swinburne writes:

"The consensus of the scientific community is that both genetic constitution and social factors interact to produce homosexuality. The social factors may include Freudian-type factors (over-involved mother and cold father causing male homosexuality, etc.) and the absence of gender-specific education and dress; but they will also surely include the acceptability of homosexual practice among peers and society more widely."

Thus, if we foster a climate which inhibits the development of homosexuality, Swinburne thinks fewer potential homosexuals will become actual homosexuals (and grow instead into heterosexuals).

Typically, Swinburne thinks we seek to reduce disabilities as far as we can. For instance, suppose  we know a baby has a condition which will very likely result in his loss of limbs some years later. Soon after, someone discovers a medication which will significantly reduce the chances of him losing his limbs. We would administer that medication to the baby. On the flipside, if someone does what worsens the baby’s condition, it would seem a bad thing.

Given (1) and (2), it follows that we should prevent and cure homosexuality. Thus Swinburne urges:

"So part of both prevention and cure (where that is now possible) must consist in deterring homosexuals from committing homosexual acts. Homosexuals can help to prevent the spread of homosexuality and help to cure others by setting an example of not indulging their inclinations and of seeking a cure."

Bro, that comes not even close as a good argument to kill homosexuals or to view homosexuality as a sin. Someone infertile is also disabled then, should we kill them too? What about, I don't know, dudes who can't get erect, should we kill them too? If homosexuality was viewed as a disability in the bible, shouldn't god say, hey, let's try to fix them instead of JUST FUCKING MURDER THEM? Give me a fucking break.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
Astargath

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:41:42 AM

Cool

Cool

Cool

Cool

Cool

''and there are a ton of wrong things, homosexuality among them, right?'' No, doing things without a reproductive purpose isn't wrong. - That's a judgment call, not necessarily a fact.

''committing their sin.'' But you haven't answered why homosexuality is a sin, it's not because it doesn't have a ''purpose''.
- I most certainly answered it, above. It's because God stated that it is a sin in the Bible, and I offered two examples; there are more. The purpose is to be happy just like masturbating or drinking coca cola.
- God did not state that drinking Coca Cola or that masturbation are sins. But He DID state that the act of homosexuality is. Not everything needs to have a reproductive purpose. You have no argument of why homosexuality is wrong.
God said the act of homosexuality is wrong. He explained it through His Bible writers. They even showed why, because it is an unnatural act.

So, you can't think for your yourself. It's wrong because the book tells you it's wrong. ''because it is an unnatural act'' hahahahaha define unnatural... Plenty of animals have homosexuality, how can it be unnatural?

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:44:36 AM

Cool

Cool

Cool

Cool

Cool

So, you can't think for your yourself. It's wrong because the book tells you it's wrong. ''because it is an unnatural act'' hahahahaha define unnatural... Plenty of animals have homosexuality, how can it be unnatural?

Animal failure is wrong because mankind plunged the whole world into sin when they ate the fruit in the Garden.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:47:15 AM

Bro, that comes not even close as a good argument to kill homosexuals or to view homosexuality as a sin. Someone infertile is also disabled then, should we kill them too? What about, I don't know, dudes who can't get erect, should we kill them too? If homosexuality was viewed as a disability in the bible, shouldn't god say, hey, let's try to fix them instead of JUST FUCKING MURDER THEM? Give me a fucking break.

God doesn't desire that people die. But if that is what it takes to cleanse the world of their evil, so be it. Coincube provided an alternative... change the evil in people to good.

Cool

Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: