Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:20:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Archive] BFL trolling museum  (Read 69313 times)
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2012, 01:20:20 PM

wow, there are some fucking creepy stalker types on this thread.

Tracking down BFL locations and shit.

YOU PEOPLE ARE FUCKING STRANGE!

... says the guy who just

hashed
in
his pants.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 02:51:59 PM

How is it strange to check on an address posted by a BFL employee? Rather than making one a "creepy stalker type" I think it makes one appear prudent to fact check the releases coming from a company known to distort the facts. You know, the same company with a convicted crook on the payroll? Fact checking costs very little in this case, whereas being naive can cost a bundle.

Thanks again for doing the legwork PG.

crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 05:31:32 PM

wow, there are some fucking creepy stalker types on this thread.

Tracking down BFL locations and shit.

YOU PEOPLE ARE FUCKING STRANGE!
... says the guy who just

hashed
in
his pants.

LOL!

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2012, 05:53:57 PM

How is it strange to check on an address posted by a BFL employee? Rather than making one a "creepy stalker type" I think it makes one appear prudent to fact check the releases coming from a company known to distort the facts. You know, the same company with a convicted crook on the payroll? Fact checking costs very little in this case, whereas being naive can cost a bundle.

Thanks again for doing the legwork PG.

There was no legwork. I simply read a post on this forum, clicked a link and ended up on BFL's forum site, read a few seconds, then clicked another link provided, and voila. I wasn't even looking for the warehouse address at the time, but once found, I did go into Google-fu mode which, perhaps, consisted of a little legwork.

In re. the lack of sprinklers and concrete doesn't burn, what about all the electrical equipment placed throughout the assembly area where possibly acetone is present? Or the cardboard boxes containing toxic flammable parts? Or the 4800 SF of office space where one finds reams of loose paper? The list goes on. OSHA would have a heyday as soon as they walked into the building.

I'm sure that somehow the office area is probably grandfathered in, as well as the 1200 SF warehouse, but using said space to assemble product by a dozen plus personnel ain't goin' to cut it. As a warehouse to store parts and possibly use for shipping, this may be fine, but logistically it wouldn't make sense if assembly is located in another part of KC, even if nearby, unless if located in Suite 102 next door.

~Bruno K~
creativex

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 06:10:00 PM

What about one or two guys working in such an environment? Tongue

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2012, 07:23:27 PM

Will it be safe for two guys to fly in from out of state/country to view two guys working?  Grin
creativex

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 07:37:01 PM

Will it be safe for two guys to fly in from out of state/country to view two guys working?  Grin

Probably not, what with all that eBay equipment taking up so much of the precious floor space. Wink

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 08:05:37 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2012, 08:21:10 PM by CoinHoarder

1200SF warehouse; 4800SF Office. As of Nov. 14th, space was still available, but we were shown equipment moving in prior to that date. Possibly, the earliest starting least date was Dec. 1st. No sprinkler system. Least rate.

My smallest warehouse is 1200SF. It's nothing. BTW, the "No" in the image above reflects if the space is equipped with sprinklers.

I am currently parked outside of the BFL headquarters. I have my trusty binoculars and a gallon of trail mix. I even brought a pee bottle #thinkingahead
bce

Activity: 756

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 08:13:15 PM

Ok- so we've concluded that the contents of the building might burn at any time (based on what might be bad info in the property listing) Tongue    At least there wont be any water damage to the ASICs.  With regard to safety of everyone working in the new headquarters: If the employees feel there is a risk of starting on fire,  they can rest assured in knowing a fire extinguisher is available to use.  When someone sees the inevitable PSU bursting into flames and starting what can only be a 1970s shag-carpeted assembly space on fire, they just point the extinguisher at the fire, and problem solved.

DobZombie is correct Cheesy
creativex

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 08:34:08 PM

You've umm...seen the hashes then? Undecided

bce

Activity: 756

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 08:53:24 PM

You've umm...seen the hashes then? Undecided

LOL!  Fucking Strange, but funny!  

Seriously though,  I know of a data center nearby who is happy to not have sprinklers - they were grandfathered in.  I believe they use a Halon chemical extinguisher system, and so far so good.  I personally would rather be in that building than one that could get everything soaked in water Smiley
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2012, 11:15:43 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2012, 11:27:13 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

http://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show_document?p_id=9725&p_table=STANDARDS

1910.37(a)
The danger to employees must be minimized.
1910.37(a)(1)
Exit routes must be kept free of explosive or highly flammable furnishings or other decorations.
1910.37(a)(2)
Exit routes must be arranged so that employees will not have to travel toward a high hazard area, unless the path of travel is effectively shielded from the high hazard area by suitable partitions or other physical barriers.
1910.37(a)(3)
Exit routes must be free and unobstructed. No materials or equipment may be placed, either permanently or temporarily, within the exit route. The exit access must not go through a room that can be locked, such as a bathroom, to reach an exit or exit discharge, nor may it lead into a dead-end corridor. Stairs or a ramp must be provided where the exit route is not substantially level.
1910.37(a)(4)
Safeguards designed to protect employees during an emergency (e.g., sprinkler systems, alarm systems, fire doors, exit lighting) must be in proper working order at all times.
1910.37(b)
Lighting and marking must be adequate and appropriate.
1910.37(b)(1)
Each exit route must be adequately lighted so that an employee with normal vision can see along the exit route.
1910.37(b)(2)
Each exit must be clearly visible and marked by a sign reading "Exit."
1910.37(b)(3)
Each exit route door must be free of decorations or signs that obscure the visibility of the exit route door.
..1910.37(b)(4)

1910.37(b)(4)
If the direction of travel to the exit or exit discharge is not immediately apparent, signs must be posted along the exit access indicating the direction of travel to the nearest exit and exit discharge. Additionally, the line-of-sight to an exit sign must clearly be visible at all times.
1910.37(b)(5)
Each doorway or passage along an exit access that could be mistaken for an exit must be marked "Not an Exit" or similar designation, or be identified by a sign indicating its actual use (e.g., closet).
1910.37(b)(6)
Each exit sign must be illuminated to a surface value of at least five foot-candles (54 lux) by a reliable light source and be distinctive in color. Self-luminous or electroluminescent signs that have a minimum luminance surface value of at least .06 footlamberts (0.21 cd/m2) are permitted.
1910.37(b)(7)
Each exit sign must have the word "Exit" in plainly legible letters not less than six inches (15.2 cm) high, with the principal strokes of the letters in the word "Exit" not less than three-fourths of an inch (1.9 cm) wide.
1910.37(c)
The fire retardant properties of paints or solutions must be maintained. Fire retardant paints or solutions must be renewed as often as necessary to maintain their fire retardant properties.
1910.37(d)
Exit routes must be maintained during construction, repairs, or alterations.

I'm pretty sure I can't convert a farmer's barn into an assembly plant and hire a dozen employees to churn out product without having to worry about OSHA sprinkler and other safety guidelines because the structure was built over 100 years ago. Even if I started doing such, it would only take one disgruntle employee to make a call and my production timeline would be pushed back considerably. In fact, I may be called in from the proprietor next door who's churning out a similar product by his employees inside a barn that is up to OSHA standards out of spite and future sales concern.
creativex

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 11:25:27 PM

http://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show_document?p_id=9725&p_table=STANDARDS

1910.37(a)
1910.37(a)(1)
Exit routes must be kept free of explosive or highly flammable furnishings or other decorations.
1910.37(a)(2)
Exit routes must be arranged so that employees will not have to travel toward a high hazard area, unless the path of travel is effectively shielded from the high hazard area by suitable partitions or other physical barriers.
1910.37(a)(3)
Exit routes must be free and unobstructed. No materials or equipment may be placed, either permanently or temporarily, within the exit route. The exit access must not go through a room that can be locked, such as a bathroom, to reach an exit or exit discharge, nor may it lead into a dead-end corridor. Stairs or a ramp must be provided where the exit route is not substantially level.
1910.37(a)(4)
Safeguards designed to protect employees during an emergency (e.g., sprinkler systems, alarm systems, fire doors, exit lighting) must be in proper working order at all times.
1910.37(b)
1910.37(b)(1)
Each exit route must be adequately lighted so that an employee with normal vision can see along the exit route.
1910.37(b)(2)
1910.37(b)(3)
Each exit route door must be free of decorations or signs that obscure the visibility of the exit route door.
..1910.37(b)(4)

1910.37(b)(4)
If the direction of travel to the exit or exit discharge is not immediately apparent, signs must be posted along the exit access indicating the direction of travel to the nearest exit and exit discharge. Additionally, the line-of-sight to an exit sign must clearly be visible at all times.
1910.37(b)(5)
Each doorway or passage along an exit access that could be mistaken for an exit must be marked "Not an Exit" or similar designation, or be identified by a sign indicating its actual use (e.g., closet).
1910.37(b)(6)
Each exit sign must be illuminated to a surface value of at least five foot-candles (54 lux) by a reliable light source and be distinctive in color. Self-luminous or electroluminescent signs that have a minimum luminance surface value of at least .06 footlamberts (0.21 cd/m2) are permitted.
1910.37(b)(7)
Each exit sign must have the word "Exit" in plainly legible letters not less than six inches (15.2 cm) high, with the principal strokes of the letters in the word "Exit" not less than three-fourths of an inch (1.9 cm) wide.
1910.37(c)
The fire retardant properties of paints or solutions must be maintained. Fire retardant paints or solutions must be renewed as often as necessary to maintain their fire retardant properties.
1910.37(d)

I'm pretty sure I can't convert a farmer's barn into an assembly plant and hire a dozen employees to churn out product without having to worry about OSHA sprinkler and other safety guidelines because the structure was built over 100 years ago. Even if I started doing such, it would only take one disgruntle employee to make a call and my production timeline would be pushed back considerably. In fact, I may be called in from the proprietor next door who's churning out a similar product by his employees inside a barn that is up to OSHA standards out of spite and future sales concern.

No worries. I'm sure that in the unlikely event OSHA showed up to inspect the work environment, Josh would lay such a scathing verbal assault upon the goons that they'd beat a hasty retreat and never "troll" in the neighborhood again.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2012, 11:28:08 PM

No worries. I'm sure that in the unlikely event OSHA showed up to inspect the work environment, Josh would lay such a scathing verbal assault upon the goons that they'd beat a hasty retreat and never "troll" in the neighborhood again.

I'll tell you what! I'm glad I'm not in the manufacturing business.

Tips to Avoiding Whistleblower Complaints

Employers are advised to keep an eye on OSHA's whistleblower developments and to take steps to avoid unnecessary retaliation claims. First and foremost, employers should be vigilant in assessing their workplace for compliance with workplace safety and health standards. Here are some additional tips:

Employers should already have anti-discrimination and anti-harassment policies in place. Employers should also have and disseminate to every employee a written internal procedure setting forth how employees can bring safety complaints to their employer. These policies should contain provisions to encourage employees to come forward with complaints about health and safety and a non-retaliation statement.

Any employee policy, including safety incentive programs, can become legally suspect when it is enforced in a discriminatory or arbitrary manner or when the policy becomes a "pretext" or sham excuse for retaliation against the employee. Make sure all safety incentive programs are administered in a fair and consistent manner.

Be alert to any situation where employees are in fact discouraged or prohibited from reporting workplace injuries and illnesses and take appropriate action to stop it.

Make certain your company's safety and health program, including your employee handbook and training materials, clearly spells out an employee's obligation to report work-related injuries in a timely manner. Set forth the company's disciplinary policy for safety infractions. Repeat this message through periodic safety meetings.

Remember that OSHA's recordkeeping rules require employers to set up a procedure for employees to report work-related injuries and illnesses. Make sure this procedure is in place, communicated to employees, and that all recordable injuries are correctly and timely logged on the OSHA 300 form.

Although employees always have the legal right to call OSHA, employee safety concerns are better addressed through direct contact with management. Encourage your employees to promptly report any safety and health concerns to their immediate supervisors or, as applicable, safety personnel and management.

In addition to meeting the responsibility to investigate complaints of health and safety violations, properly document all complaints and the investigation of complaints.

An employee who makes a complaint should not be ignored or ostracized, and the employee should be reminded to seek assistance if he or she experiences problems as a result of his or her complaint.
Document all employee performance issues so that subsequent disciplinary action is justified and does not form the basis of alleged retaliation.

Make certain supervisors are properly trained on handling an injury, filing an internal injury report, and on OSHA's whistleblower requirements including the various forms of "protected activity," the various types of illegal retaliation, and what to do when faced with an OSHA whistleblowing complaint.

Unfortunately, I already know firsthand what the EPA can do if they find one spec (maybe it was a few more) of lead paint in your warehouse(s). BTW, thank you again, Bitcoinica.
DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2012, 11:57:23 PM

1910.37(a)
1910.37(a)(1)
1910.37(a)(2)
1910.37(a)(3)
1910.37(a)(4)
1910.37(b)
1910.37(b)(1)
1910.37(b)(2)
1910.37(b)(3)
..1910.37(b)(4)

1910.37(b)(4)
1910.37(b)(5)
1910.37(b)(6)
1910.37(b)(7)
1910.37(c)
1910.37(d)

Yeah, I'll agree with this. Even if you're the single and only employee, and its not a retail location, you MUST comply with every fucking law, or they will nail your ass.

Seriously, the amount of stupidity in this thread is amazing.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 12:01:58 AM

1910.37(a)
1910.37(a)(1)
1910.37(a)(2)
1910.37(a)(3)
1910.37(a)(4)
1910.37(b)
1910.37(b)(1)
1910.37(b)(2)
1910.37(b)(3)
..1910.37(b)(4)

1910.37(b)(4)
1910.37(b)(5)
1910.37(b)(6)
1910.37(b)(7)
1910.37(c)
1910.37(d)

Never underestimate the OSHA reps. They are safety minded, but deadly!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDe4G2yyJw8

Warning "somewhat" graphic material.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB86FZnjKTw
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2012, 12:36:09 AM

I was only able to view half of the graphic video prior to you posting the link, but viewed the following in its entirety: Protecting workers: How OSHA conducts inspections
squeept

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 02:24:33 AM

Good god, this is getting off the fucking leash. We're just going to start pointing out random laws that we ASSUME BFL is breaking?

Despite my complete lack of proof, I hereby formally make the assumption that BFL hosts dogfights in their office lounge. I'm calling the fucking cops and I can't believe you people support this company.

I'm just going to keep repeating "it's an Altera HardCopy" because I haven't the slightest clue what I'm talking about.
LazyOtto

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 02:29:33 AM

Despite my complete lack of proof, I hereby formally make the assumption that BFL hosts dogfights in their office lounge.
If so, I'm sure that the dogs involved don't meet their originally stated specifications and arrive late to the fight.
squeept

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 02:32:51 AM

BFL built their new facility on Indian burial grounds without performing the ancient Rite of Eternal Rest. All BFL devices produced in the new facility will be haunted.

I'm just going to keep repeating "it's an Altera HardCopy" because I haven't the slightest clue what I'm talking about.
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 137 »
  Print  

Jump to: