Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:31:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 500 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ION [ION] | POS 3.0 | Mobile Gaming | Join the ionomy today!  (Read 473059 times)
skinnyboy

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2016, 11:45:55 PM

Gravina believes that the current proof-of-work model is broken, and that it essentially has resulted in a situation where mining has become a zero-sum game. Thus, ION is built upon the latest proof­-of­-stake 3.0 technology, based on Blackcoin’s core and adds masternodes similar to Dash.

I don't understand why the POW model is broken. Please elaborate.

What gravina means is that he can't become  gazillionaire over night on it, therefor it must be broken and the only way to become a gazillionaire is to create yet more crypto currencies which aren't especially unique but to which he controls the largest pot and a good chunk of the Prime Stakers (sorry, my bad, masternodes), so that he can get rich by farting new coins into existence faster than the market can absorb these new sales.

I think.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 11:51:10 PM

Gravina believes that the current proof-of-work model is broken, and that it essentially has resulted in a situation where mining has become a zero-sum game. Thus, ION is built upon the latest proof­-of­-stake 3.0 technology, based on Blackcoin’s core and adds masternodes similar to Dash.

I don't understand why the POW model is broken. Please elaborate.

What gravina means is that he can't become  gazillionaire over night on it, therefor it must be broken and the only way to become a gazillionaire is to create yet more crypto currencies which aren't especially unique but to which he controls the largest pot and a good chunk of the Prime Stakers (sorry, my bad, masternodes), so that he can get rich by farting new coins into existence faster than the market can absorb these new sales.

I think.

This story has been told before. Somewhere... Thinking... So familiar...

Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 01:27:41 AM

Investing in an obvious scam like GAW is a crime. The crime is stupidity. this wasn't a run of the mill scam, this was a blatantly obvious scam that had many people pointing out the obvious flaws along the way (seem familiar to anyone?) Falling or that is way different than ordering something on ebay and getting a brick in the mail.

stupidity is not a crime (this is lucky for you) and i do not agree that getting scammed means you are stupid.

you need to decide what you mean by crime as i think you have not a good understanding of the term causing you argue invalid points which dont make sense in relations to any crimes at all.

I did not say that getting scammed means you are stupid.

I said that getting scammed by Garza to the extent these idiots did means you are too stupid to run a company that has anything to do with cryptocurrency. That's a big difference.

how can you believe someone who thought "digital cloud miners" were a thing is smart enough to do any of the things they are claiming to do?

a lot of people thought digital cloud miners was a thing. a lot of people still seem to.

not everyone is highly intellectual as you. maybe its because your parents were related ?

Anyone who believed digital cloud miners were a thing, especially with zero evidence to them, is an idiot. The entire point of cryptocurrency is that you don't need to "believe" things exist because the blockchain will prove anything, so believing they existed without any evidence on any blockchain makes you too stupid to deal with cryptocurrence. Saying that there are lots of idiots out there is not breaking news to me.

I am just wondering why you are comfortable giving your money to a group of those idiots?
pcminerx

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 06:21:25 AM

This is supposed to be a very addictive game :-)
o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 08:01:28 AM

Gravity the game - sneak peak at the splash page

ROFL

This is supposed to be a very addictive game :-)

Honestly... and im being nice here... it looks like a flash game from 5 years ago graphics wise.

If people think games of this caiber are going to launch ion into the next gen they are wrong.

Its amusing trying to help people but tiring.

If people just sat back and thought for a second.. hey if crypto was going to overtake steam, origin etc credits would it be ion or hyper or anything else? Steam or origin could clone the bitcoin core version and crush ion in a heart beat. Ion is taking advantage of people trying to make them believe some church minister and his friends who aren't entrepeneurs or rich or whatever have the intelligence these combined companies have.

Tomorrow steam or origin could make their coin put it in their news and ion is just well shit. The ion supporters here think that the community is somehow going to band together and make it the one mobile currency.

The true fact is its not. There is no homework... there is no due dilligence. Those that have ion might make something if they wrangle in some other poor schmucks to take their place. Im sure those that wrangle them in then will exit the scene saying i made neutral on my xpy loses adopt new online handles and move on.

The serious people here need to realise these people don't believe in ion and if they do they are sorely mistaken. I'd understand if there was a bigger company that made some kind of platform with triple a titles but there isn't. You have to remember you have an everyday guy like adam matlack that has loses with a pipe dream. He's selling you some big ass propaganda without a skillset to hav a triple a game he made to sell that ideal.

He wants you to make a game and take his invented money to make him money and popularity with the currency.

Adam matlack and his friends have nothing.. he's trying to establish himself as a big wig without being someone that actually brings a game or skillset to people. In short he's a parasite. And so is the team.

Me? i'd invest in a coin if a triple a company like valve and half life made it. What will adam start... gravity? some shitty adobe flash like looking graphics game. No thanks. You investors need to wake up and realise that the people like mr coins and madness here want to make it look good so their misguided investment makes them more money at your expense. Consider this a warning and a prediction of history repeating.

Xpy had a slogan - it all begins now

Here's a new slogan for ion - history repeats now.

Those that take this warning can thank us all later... those that don't take this warning i expect to never hear from again as they will be too ashamed to admit they were wrong.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 08:55:23 AM

ROFL

So these are the types of games meant to carry ION? I was honestly expecting something a lot more complex and involved than this. This game would keep me involved for 10 minutes tops before it got old.

If these are the types of games they plan on producing, don't bother answering anymore questions. I've seen enough.

Man flying through space shooting space invaders, now that's an original idea. Clone the coins, clone the games.

Tips4TaT

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 11:03:09 AM

So these are the types of games meant to carry ION? I was honestly expecting something a lot more complex and involved than this. This game would keep me involved for 10 minutes tops before it got old.

If these are the types of games they plan on producing, don't bother answering anymore questions. I've seen enough.

Man flying through space shooting space invaders, now that's an original idea. Clone the coins, clone the games.

I see you don't play games much, have you ever seen minecraft?
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 11:24:38 AM

ROFL

what does this have to do with minecraft?

Madness

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2016, 12:27:25 PM

ROFL

many of the most addictive and downloaded games are simple and addictive.

if ion team can make simple addictive games then this could be the success they seek.

they do not need top of charts games to win this project.

Madness

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2016, 12:32:56 PM

ROFL

if ion team can make simple addictive games then this could be the success they seek.

You must be on something else addictive if you think this game is going to be the key to success.

did you ever notice that one brick does not build a house ?

Madness

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2016, 12:41:57 PM

serious question for doubters.

what would you think of a game described as:

---
Tap the ball carefully through each obstacle and your ball will switch color with some powerups.
You must follow the color pattern on each obstacle to cross it !
Be careful not to pass through the wrong color, or you’ll have to start again.
---

what would you think of this simple android game with currently 441,000 downloads ?

Madness

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2016, 12:48:33 PM

---
Tap the ball carefully through each obstacle and your ball will switch color with some powerups.
---

what would you think of this simple android game with currently 441,000 downloads ?

Are you aware that for every successful "simple android game with 441,000 downloads" there are 1000+ that have been downloaded like 5 times? Do you like those odds?

the point you miss is the game does not have to be complex to be successful.

the chance of ion project success will all rely on the games and their popularity. this is the part that will have success or fail and the part we have to see how it goes to find if to invest more or pull away.

o0o0
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 12:57:34 PM

ROFL

i have so you are insinuating that minecraft was a clone of lots of flash games from 5 years ago?

It was built from infiniminer and improved.. by notch... its not a clone of 1000000 of the same game before.

PS you have no clue what you are talking about. If you think you do please provide proof, or at least some evidence.
Madness

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2016, 12:58:38 PM

---
---

Are you aware that for every successful "simple android game with 441,000 downloads" there are 1000+ that have been downloaded like 5 times? Do you like those odds?

the chance of ion project success will all rely on the games and their popularity. this is the part that will have success or fail and the part we have to see how it goes.

No shit, sherlock, the point YOU'RE missing is that you're banking on a very low probability that this unremarkable game manages to catch some kind of following among the thousands of other unremarkable games that just get ignored.

i think you didnt see on slack and on the ion website, this is only first game and there will be a new one every month.

even if unremarkable game only gets 1000 downloads. if each unremarkable game gets any downloads it can bring potential use to ion. yes, it is a small chance of big success. this is not a certain profit but it makes the project interest for me to watch.

CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 01:03:41 PM

---
---

In the case of what the ION team is trying to accomplish, downloads won't cut it. They need the gamer engaged and engaged for long periods of time.

So just by people downloading this game will increase the value of ION?

o0o0
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 01:06:15 PM

ROFL

you're a moron ... seriously i can't be any nicer about this. If their shit games were addictive they wouldn't need crypto. You seem to think that adding crypto to some game will turn your $1000 into $100,000 as an investor. You realise some dickhead has to buy your sells to make you cash and then they are left holding.. would you consider that a success if you win and they lose?

If their games are any good they wouldn't need crypto.. their games aren't... they are fucked and useless else they'd be #1 on apple store like crossy road etc at times.

You are just a fool that spent money on ion hoping you can make money on others and saying the games are ace.

If you aren't full of shit list the amount you spent and all your public ion keys so we can follow your ions to see if you move to exchanges or not. If you can't do that just shut up because you are trying to mislead people, you have no faith in ion you're just realising your investment is crap and trying to make out it isn't.. if otherwise list addresses and prove me wrong... you do agree the blockchain doesn't lie right?
ladrx

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 01:06:44 PM

---
---

In the case of what the ION team is trying to accomplish, downloads won't cut it. They need the gamer engaged and engaged for long periods of time.

So just by people downloading this game will increase the value of ION?

No, you need to use the purple rocket booster also.

Adam Matlack 1/5/2014: "Not but 30 seconds later, the Holy Spirit slapped me upside the head and said "what are you thinkin'? What are you doin'?" It was an emphatic "NO". And I got - just guilt started to cover me"
o0o0
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 01:08:53 PM

---
---

the chance of ion project success will all rely on the games and their popularity. this is the part that will have success or fail and the part we have to see how it goes.

No shit, sherlock, the point YOU'RE missing is that you're banking on a very low probability that this unremarkable game manages to catch some kind of following among the thousands of other unremarkable games that just get ignored.

i think you didnt see on slack and on the ion website, this is only first game and there will be a new one every month.

even if unremarkable game only gets 1000 downloads. if each unremarkable game gets any downloads it can bring potential use to ion. yes, it is a small chance of big success. this is not a certain profit but it makes the project interest for me to watch.

Holy fuck.. even if a small chance. Seriously unless you are embarrassed how much in ion in usd did you invest? $1000, $500 and how much do you expect to make .... im actually seriously curious? Or are you embarrassed to say?
Madness

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2016, 01:10:46 PM

this thread is full of closed minds.

some people should only invest in already established stuff, like these people.

others understand the high risk high reward nature of life and also that nothing is certain except death.

Madness

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2016, 01:12:25 PM

i bet people here did not buy bitcoin in early months. they would think it waste of time and fad.

time changes these people minds. they shoot too late to make big money. its ok to be very careful but some people do very success by taking risks that they know and understand.

this is free education for you but you should not listen and do what feels nice only.

Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 500 »
  Print  

Jump to: