Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 10:39:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 246 »
  Print  
Author Topic: margin terminal is now FREE - bots for over 30 exchanges  (Read 268521 times)
sbtctalk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 12:46:18 PM

I tried out the demo version. I kept it running overnight. But the next day morning I realised it crashed with a bunch of run time errors. How can it work or trade proper if it crashes in the middle of the night?

It happened every time.

Any ways to resolve this?

13Sk3gsQ1ogrzmyt3xMVvByxcUvZr98kKN

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 08:54:25 PM

I tried out the demo version. I kept it running overnight. But the next day morning I realised it crashed with a bunch of run time errors. How can it work or trade proper if it crashes in the middle of the night?

It happened every time.

Been running the demo before I set my real bot up...  Been stable for days now.  Interesting.
sbtctalk

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 05:02:18 AM

It happened every time.

Been running the demo before I set my real bot up...  Been stable for days now.  Interesting.

I am trying to understand how it works before i purchase.

Upon dragging the margin strategy to set lets say a 1% gain, does it means the system will auto try to assist you to gain a 1% profit by auto selling and buying? It will sell and buy until it hit a 1% profit?

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2016, 07:11:50 AM

it is possible to use custom strategy using RSI, crossing averages for buying and selling automatically?

i use google translate.

I was wondering the same.  If I could set up a strategy based on signals, that would be the holy grail.

That's in the works. A strategy editor that allows you in a graphical way to add signals and conditional statements so that you can build your own individual strategies!

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2016, 07:18:39 AM

Thanks for the demo. This is just what I was looking for!!!

I had some problems with the Mac version as it was placing orders after the computer screen came out of sleeping mode, the Mac itself is active, only the screen (iMac with OSX El Capitan).

Now on Windows 10 it works fine, I have it running for 12 hours now.

One (stupid? Smiley) question: Does the margin maker has a stop loss function build in the strategy? Will it sell and create a new buy order? Can you contol this with the "Min. Effective Gain" setting?

Hi Mosound,

We were in touch by mail, but maybe my answer is important to others here!

Sleep mode on the Mac using the demo seems to have some issues. We are looking into them.

The margin maker has no native stop loss function. We are introducing stop loss, trailing stop loss and other advanced order types on markets' whose API support those calls. We are reluctant to implement a leonArdo emulation of those order types as it will lead to a false sense of security. If for example the network goes down or leonArdo is closed, stop loss orders will not trigger as they are not on the exchange!

You can't control stop loss with the "Min. Effective Gain" setting, but it is useful to give you the flexibility to allow the mArgin maker bot continue trading when the course leaves it's trading area. Setting a minus percentage will allow the bot make a small loss in the hope that it continues to trade and make a profit. But you are in control! Play around with it on the demo first if you are unsure or the cautious type  Wink

All the best,
Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2016, 07:24:19 AM

It happened every time.

We have hundreds of customers who do not have this issue, so I am sure that we can get to the bottom of it.

Please send us the following to help:

1) Your system specs
2) Crash reports
3) leonArdo logs (found in the .leonArdo folder in your home directory)
4) Screenshots if available

You can send them to our email address: contact@marginsoftware.de and we will be happy to get you up and running.

Thanks for checking out leonArdo.

All the best,
Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2016, 07:32:19 AM

It happened every time.

I am trying to understand how it works before i purchase.

Upon dragging the margin strategy to set lets say a 1% gain, does it means the system will auto try to assist you to gain a 1% profit by auto selling and buying? It will sell and buy until it hit a 1% profit?

Yes, leonArdo will show you the effective gain - the gain after trading fees are subtracted - and you can set up the bot and start it trading.

However, note that we have two bots. The static ping pong bot will simply buy and sell at the initial fixed prices you set them up with, whereas the mArgin maker bot is more dynamic. It adapts the buy and sell prices based on the amount of history you set it up to look at. You can tell it to always make a profit of 1.0% if you like, but it is also possible that it will make a higher profit if markets conditions allow it.

See my comment above as to why you might want to set a negative Min. Effective Gain.

All the best,
Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2016, 07:34:25 AM

Apologies to everyone waiting on the 3.0 release.

We have been delayed because of an investment opportunity. That has meant that all the last small bugs that needed ironing out were put on hold as we explore this great opportunity. We hope to get back to the release by the end of the week and it should follow shortly thereafter.

Thanks for your support and your patience.

Jonathan

mosound

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 08:08:16 AM

Hi Mosound,

We were in touch by mail, but maybe my answer is important to others here!

Sleep mode on the Mac using the demo seems to have some issues. We are looking into them.

The margin maker has no native stop loss function. We are introducing stop loss, trailing stop loss and other advanced order types on markets' whose API support those calls. We are reluctant to implement a leonArdo emulation of those order types as it will lead to a false sense of security. If for example the network goes down or leonArdo is closed, stop loss orders will not trigger as they are not on the exchange!

You can't control stop loss with the "Min. Effective Gain" setting, but it is useful to give you the flexibility to allow the mArgin maker bot continue trading when the course leaves it's trading area. Setting a minus percentage will allow the bot make a small loss in the hope that it continues to trade and make a profit. But you are in control! Play around with it on the demo first if you are unsure or the cautious type  Wink

All the best,
Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the great email support! I bought Leonardo and it works very good on my iMac, very happy with it. It is running for almost two days now without any errors (except a wifi signal loss, probably better if I use a LAN connection). Every order I place pops up into Poloniex. After the trade it communicates with Leonardo immediately and the trade is shown in the "notification" list as well as the "completed trades" list. The Ping Pong bot works just fine and you can tweek the margin maker according to the market you are trading. It makes trades for you but you need to keep an eye on it i.e. when the market is in a down trend. On the other hand it's early to make conclusions as you need a minimum of 100 trades to determine if the strategy has an edge.

Thanks again,

a very happy customer  Smiley!
sbtctalk

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 12:34:11 PM

It happened every time.

We have hundreds of customers who do not have this issue, so I am sure that we can get to the bottom of it.

1) Your system specs
2) Crash reports

You can send them to our email address: contact@marginsoftware.de and we will be happy to get you up and running.

All the best,
Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan. Let me try out what you said. I hope the software offer will still be around by then. Smiley

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2016, 01:32:02 PM

It happened every time.

1) Your system specs
2) Crash reports

All the best,
Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan. Let me try out what you said. I hope the software offer will still be around by then. Smiley

leonArdo isn't going anywhere Smiley

guelz

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 01:22:33 PM

I slowly get it! and I like it!)

one odd thing, off which I don't know if it meant to be is, on Windows 10 if I hit the Space Bar it stops the Bot! luckily with a prompt! is this "oups I did it again Quick-cancel™"? Tongue
guelz

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 01:48:57 PM

also trying to trade those small fractions of Zcash I mined since yesterday will always give you a "Invalid Range"!) which is so true in its own sense but too "smart" for a bot!
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2016, 04:53:47 PM

I slowly get it! and I like it!)

one odd thing, off which I don't know if it meant to be is, on Windows 10 if I hit the Space Bar it stops the Bot! luckily with a prompt! is this "oups I did it again Quick-cancel™"? Tongue

Hmmm, I don't have Win 10, but I asked one of the guys to check it out.

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2016, 04:54:40 PM

also trying to trade those small fractions of Zcash I mined since yesterday will always give you a "Invalid Range"!) which is so true in its own sense but too "smart" for a bot!

You get an invalid range if you do not have the minimum tradable amount which is set by the exchange itself - not leonArdo!

guelz

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 07:59:56 PM

You get an invalid range if you do not have the minimum tradable amount which is set by the exchange itself - not leonArdo!

no, I can trade 0,005ZEC just fine on poloniex! It seems more like leonardo did not have enough data. Because when I rebooted my PC and tried to load the last session it crashed while "buffering data...".
Unfortunately I did not make a screenshot. It is loading backlog data from your server, is it? And I guess there is non!?

anyways, loading a new session fixed it!
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2016, 03:21:45 PM

no, I can trade 0,005ZEC just fine on poloniex! It seems more like leonardo did not have enough data. Because when I rebooted my PC and tried to load the last session it crashed while "buffering data...".
Unfortunately I did not make a screenshot. It is loading backlog data from your server, is it? And I guess there is non!?

anyways, loading a new session fixed it!

Hmmm, ZEC wasn't in our data collection as it's new. Have added it now. There can be issues in the current version of leonArdo with new pairs not added. That will be fixed in the update that's coming - I promise! Thanks for checking out leonArdo!

instahater

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 06:31:47 PM

Attemped to use the Demo and it would not login for some reason, then stated the key was not registered.. oh well.
3KyNoX

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 09:31:55 AM

Hello leoNardo !

Any news about 3.0 launch ? Any changelog ?
What the informations about this "Great New Opportunity" if it can be shared ?

Need a developer ? I can give some spare time. My skills are about php / js / c# / api-rest.
I can also help for documentation / tutorials / localization anyway.

Cheers.

Donate : 1MmSvVtcZMLtCbk6RcEXRei91K8VrgPxoC
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2016, 10:48:42 AM

Attemped to use the Demo and it would not login for some reason, then stated the key was not registered.. oh well.

The reason you couldn't log in is that it is a paper trading version of leonArdo!

You need to choose one of the demo markets and then you can check out all the features in leonArdo. Practice running our in-built automatic trading strategies etc.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 246 »
  Print  

Jump to: