Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:40:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 246 »
  Print  
Author Topic: margin terminal is now FREE - bots for over 30 exchanges  (Read 268521 times)
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2017, 10:45:36 PM

Data collection is back up again.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

My chart keeps damaged.

And LEO is crashing left and right on multiple PC's with Runtime errors. It's barely even running a few bots.

Woke up to this. They really need to fix this error.

We are working our asses off trying to fix the memory leak. Is that the error you are talking about?

Or is there another error we should know about?

The more information you can give the better.

As the for the memory leak. Depending on how many pairs/bots you have open it can take about a day up to a week before the RAM runs out. If you have 16GB it might even last a month. But it's there and it's a real bitch. We have to make changes deep in leonArdo to fix it. It is nothing trivial, but we want to do it right rather than quick and not optimally. There is no good fast solution to this. Already, we have adapted thousands of lines of code. So please bear with us.

In the meantime, please check your consumption of RAM. For a given setup the leak is quite predictable. Before your machine runs out of RAM you should right click the strategy button and manually save your settings - just to be safe - and then stop and re-start leonArdo.

There have of course been other issues lately which have nothing to do with leonArdo. The extreme pressure Poloniex has been under caused leonArdo's bots to stop quite a lot. Hopefully this is improving now.

Thanks for your support,
Jonathan

The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2017, 10:46:03 PM

Best wishes,
Jonathan

My chart keeps damaged.

And LEO is crashing left and right on multiple PC's with Runtime errors. It's barely even running a few bots.

I'm having the same issue, too.

Which issue?

akeetlebeetle

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 10:48:07 PM

Best wishes,
Jonathan

My chart keeps damaged.

Which issue?

It's a run-time error that pops up a lot of error boxes and crashes the bot. It's usually when it gets over 1 gig usage (I have 8 ).
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2017, 10:51:17 PM

Best wishes,
Jonathan

My chart keeps damaged.

I haven't encountered that. What system are you on? I will have to try to recreate it.

Which issue?

It's a run-time error that pops up a lot of error boxes and crashes the bot. It's usually when it gets over 1 gig usage (I have 8 ).

I haven't encountered that.

Which OS are you running?

Can you say something more about your setup? How many bots/pairs/markets etc.

Thanks a lot!

Jonathan

akeetlebeetle

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 11:08:21 PM

Best wishes,
Jonathan

My chart keeps damaged.

I haven't encountered that. What system are you on? I will have to try to recreate it.

Which issue?

I haven't encountered that.

Which OS are you running?

Can you say something more about your setup? How many bots/pairs/markets etc.

Thanks a lot!

Jonathan

Quickly, as I'm leaving in a few moments:

It's a 64-bit, win 10 laptop with 8 gigs of ram. It doesn't really matter how many pairs I have as it'll do it regardless. Right now I have 1 margin bot and 1 ping pong bot (with about 10 orders). I have 4 coin tabs open and 1 exchange (poly).

It doesn't do that very often. But it does chew up memory something fierce and the whole program will slow down incredibly.
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 12:12:38 AM

It is crashing on two PCs. One instance of Leonardo on each.
On server runs 2 exchanges (Polo/BTCE) with 14 coins total and only about 10 active bots and about 20-30 open orders.

Specs of the server running the above :
Dual XEON X5650's (6-core each, 12core total), 48GB Ram total. Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
This time it's been running for about 3 hours and only using 729MB of ram.
Leonardo crashes randomly after an hour to a few hours. Seems to be that it crashes more as I make changes to orders and bots in quick succession.

The second PC running Leonardo that also crashes is an older Dell server with a Quad-Core Intel Q6600, 4GB Ram Windows 10 Pro also.
It only runs 1 exchange, 8 coins, 5-6 active bots and 16 open orders.

Crashes randomly with the runtime error I'll try to see about getting a screencap of the error next time.

I have not had any dual or multiple orders in a while, but that seemed to go away once Poloniex was back to 'semi-normal' . It is still not as good as BTCE.
Even with these issues, I still use it as it is very effective, but if it would be stable enough to be able to forget for a day or two, it'd be amazing. :-)

Go Big or Go Home.
TransAtlantic

Activity: 138

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 02:18:53 AM

Best wishes,
Jonathan

My chart keeps damaged.

Which issue?

Leonardo crashes randomly after an hour to a few hours. Seems to be that it crashes more as I make changes to orders and bots in quick succession.

Exactly this.  It gives a runtime error.  More specifically:  "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library.  This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. ..."
Win7 64-bit, 32 GB RAM.

To reproduce the error:  Change orders or bots rapidly, without leaving enough time to get all confirmations from the exchange.  Poloniex is particularly prone to that, as it is very slow, but it also crashes on Bittrex.
Example:  Start a bot.  Before it finishes to place the order, cancel it.  (You don't need to be in a rush, Poloniex is slow.)
Or move a buy or sell order from a bot.  Before the order is completely replaced, stop the bot.
I need to place and mofidy orders very slowly, otherwise I make leonArdo crash.  Not easy when I need to react quickly.

My guess is that leonArdo gets some kind of API reply it wasn't expecting and that's making it crash.
Bittrex's API was returning some weird HTML code for a few horus the other day ("Object moved here", or something like that), and it continuously made leonArdo crash.

For you all to know, my experience is that when leonArdo has a Runtime error, if I do _not_ yet click on the "Ok" of that Window dialog, I can still interact with leonArdo, save my strategies, move some orders on some markets, and even manage to close leonArdo gracefully.  So that's very useful to save anything before leonArdo needs to be closed and restarted.
akeetlebeetle

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 02:25:05 AM

Best wishes,
Jonathan

My chart keeps damaged.

Which issue?

Exactly this.  It gives a runtime error.  More specifically:  "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library.  This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. ..."
Win7 64-bit, 32 GB RAM.

To reproduce the error:  Change orders or bots rapidly, without leaving enough time to get all confirmations from the exchange.  Poloniex is particularly prone to that, as it is very slow, but it also crashes on Bittrex.
Example:  Start a bot.  Before it finishes to place the order, cancel it.  (You don't need to be in a rush, Poloniex is slow.)
Or move a buy or sell order from a bot.  Before the order is completely replaced, stop the bot.
I need to place and mofidy orders very slowly, otherwise I make leonArdo crash.  Not easy when I need to react quickly.

My guess is that leonArdo gets some kind of API reply it wasn't expecting and that's making it crash.
Bittrex's API was returning some weird HTML code for a few horus the other day ("Object moved here", or something like that), and it continuously made leonArdo crash.

For you all to know, my experience is that when leonArdo has a Runtime error, if I do _not_ yet click on the "Ok" of that Window dialog, I can still interact with leonArdo, save my strategies, move some orders on some markets, and even manage to close leonArdo gracefully.  So that's very useful to save anything before leonArdo needs to be closed and restarted.

I was asleep when mine did it, so it's not just manual intervention.

Agreed with the single run-time error. You can ignore that and proceed. Don't even have to shut down. When the crash happens it spawns a dozen or so msg boxes.

And the bot NEVER recovers after a re-boot. I watched it the other night and it failed over and over to recover, something about trying to place a 0 coin order. I have to manually close every order and re-start each bot by hand. With lots of ping-pongs that can take awhile.
TransAtlantic

Activity: 138

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 02:43:32 AM

Best wishes,
Jonathan

My chart keeps damaged.

Which issue?

Win7 64-bit, 32 GB RAM.

I was asleep when mine did it, so it's not just manual intervention.

Agreed with the single run-time error. You can ignore that and proceed. Don't even have to shut down. When the crash happens it spawns a dozen or so msg boxes.

And the bot NEVER recovers after a re-boot. I watched it the other night and it failed over and over to recover, something about trying to place a 0 coin order. I have to manually close every order and re-start each bot by hand. With lots of ping-pongs that can take awhile.

It sometimes crashes just by itself, while I am away, that is true.

I also have the experience that the bots never recover after re-starting leonArdo, and I need to stop all bots, manually cancel the orders, and restart the bots.

If I do not manually remove the orders, here is what happens:  After "resuming" a bot, the bot seems to "see" that an order is there and that it is linked to the bot (because if I stop the bot again, it will ask if I want to cancel the order too).  However, if that order gets executed, the bot does _not_ place the following order.  Nothing more happens.  So, effectively, it is as if there is simply no running bot, just a single initial order.
It does take a while to restart everything by hand, indeed.
thedreamer
Legendary

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 03:31:33 AM

It sometimes crashes just by itself, while I am away, that is true.

I also have the experience that the bots never recover after re-starting leonArdo, and I need to stop all bots, manually cancel the orders, and restart the bots.

If I do not manually remove the orders, here is what happens:  After "resuming" a bot, the bot seems to "see" that an order is there and that it is linked to the bot (because if I stop the bot again, it will ask if I want to cancel the order too).  However, if that order gets executed, the bot does _not_ place the following order.  Nothing more happens.  So, effectively, it is as if there is simply no running bot, just a single initial order.
It does take a while to restart everything by hand, indeed.

Same thing on mine too. Getting lots of this over the past few days :
05/16 11:14:59 pm poloniex:DCR/BTC: error querying active orders: json2::TypeError: asArray called on non Array
05/16 11:15:03 pm poloniex: error querying funds: json2::TypeError: asObject called on non Object
05/16 11:15:05 pm poloniex: error querying funds: json2::TypeError: asObject called on non Object
05/16 11:15:19 pm poloniex: error querying funds: json2::TypeError: asObject called on non Object
05/16 11:15:21 pm poloniex: error querying funds: json2::TypeError: asObject called on non Object

All Poloniex errors.

Go Big or Go Home.
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2017, 11:03:10 AM

Thanks for all the information guys. It really is a help.

I am going to be honest with you and say you are going to have to bear with us for a few weeks. There is no quick fix as the changes we have to make to leonArdo to fix the memory leak run through the entire code base of leonArdo which means we need to change more than ten thousand lines of code.

While we are fairly sure we have found the solution, this is an incredible amount of work to get through and we are very light on the ground.

What does this mean? You could say fuck it, I'll wait until the fix comes in and hopefully Poloniex is back to normal and then continue using leonArdo. Or you are the braver sort and will push on through the current pain.

I really appreciate your patience. You guys are the best!

We will reward you with incredible new features and future bots.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

akeetlebeetle

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 11:05:53 AM

I am going to be honest with you and say you are going to have to bear with us for a few weeks. There is no quick fix as the changes we have to make to leonArdo to fix the memory leak run through the entire code base of leonArdo which means we need to change more than ten thousand lines of code.

While we are fairly sure we have found the solution, this is an incredible amount of work to get through and we are very light on the ground.

What does this mean? You could say fuck it, I'll wait until the fix comes in and hopefully Poloniex is back to normal and then continue using leonArdo. Or you are the braver sort and will push on through the current pain.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Are you saying that you think you've figured out this new problem? If so, that's awesome.
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2017, 11:37:15 AM

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Are you saying that you think you've figured out this new problem? If so, that's awesome.

We think we have found the solution to the memory leak issue, but it will take a while to implement and test it.

The problem of leonArdo crashing randomly is something we still have to look into. Perhaps fixing the memory leak, plus the new CPU optimizations we have implemented will fix this other issue. I don't know.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2017, 11:48:44 AM

leonArdo offer

Given the issues that Poloniex have been experiencing we want to give you guys the chance to switch to a different market of your choosing -  free of charge.

Note that if you take us up on this offer we will disable your poloniex account.

Just head over to http://www.marginsoftware.de/pricing.html and choose additional market, click through as if you have paid and add your new key.

All the best,
The leonArdo guys

thedreamer
Legendary

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 11:55:51 AM

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Awesome as usual. I'm going to push through the pain as Leonardo still earns it's keep X1000.  Wink Cheesy

But will be eagerly awaiting your updates. Danke Schön

Go Big or Go Home.
drnkk

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 01:50:08 PM

In my cases;

if leonardo crashes resuming bot is not working,

but if I save strategies, exit and start again resuming bots working.

and another thing is if I exit while there was an action pending, it is not exiting properly generally I have to kill the application,
so to stop leonardo I am waiting no pending state every time.

also using Chrome makes it worse for RAM usage, I stopped using it with leonardo at the same machine.

Bitrated user: drnk.
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2017, 02:31:06 PM

In my cases;

if leonardo crashes resuming bot is not working,

but if I save strategies, exit and start again resuming bots working.

and another thing is if I exit while there was an action pending, it is not exiting properly generally I have to kill the application,
so to stop leonardo I am waiting no pending state every time.

also using Chrome makes it worse for RAM usage, I stopped using it with leonardo at the same machine.

Thanks for your input!

Yes, if leonArdo crashes the bots are not saved. That's why we implemented the manual save option. Right click the strategy button and Save.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2017, 02:31:56 PM

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Awesome as usual. I'm going to push through the pain as Leonardo still earns it's keep X1000.  Wink Cheesy

But will be eagerly awaiting your updates. Danke Schön

Great to hear!

Thanks a lot for your continued support.

Jonathan

eleazar

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 04:00:49 PM

Hello,

I'm very interested in leonArdo, looks like great software for my purposes.

I'm wondering if it could help me automate the following scenario:

1. Set a limit buy: if price his 300 sats, buy Xbtc worth

2. As soon as buy order fills, immediately set target sells at 10%, 20%, 30%, etc. 

2a. As soon as buy order fills, set stop loss at 10% loss

3.  After the price hits 5% profit, cancel original stop-loss, set new stop loss at break-even.

4.  An added bonus would have the stop-loss trail the price after it hits a certain amount of profit (ie. at 50% profit, keep the stop loss 10% below current price)

My goal would be to only have to enter the initial limit buy price and it would handle the rest automatically.  This would be so so so helpful for me.

Thanks everyone! Smiley
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2017, 07:12:38 PM

Hello,

I'm very interested in leonArdo, looks like great software for my purposes.

I'm wondering if it could help me automate the following scenario:

1. Set a limit buy: if price his 300 sats, buy Xbtc worth

2. As soon as buy order fills, immediately set target sells at 10%, 20%, 30%, etc. 

2a. As soon as buy order fills, set stop loss at 10% loss

3.  After the price hits 5% profit, cancel original stop-loss, set new stop loss at break-even.

4.  An added bonus would have the stop-loss trail the price after it hits a certain amount of profit (ie. at 50% profit, keep the stop loss 10% below current price)

My goal would be to only have to enter the initial limit buy price and it would handle the rest automatically.  This would be so so so helpful for me.

Thanks everyone! Smiley

Hi eleazar,

Sounds great. Such strategies will be available once we implement our strategy editor. But that will only come much later in the year.

To see what is currently possible with leonArdo I suggest you check out our tutorial videos: http://www.marginsoftware.de/tutorial.html

And then you can take leonArdo for a spin by downloading the free demo version.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 246 »
  Print  

Jump to: