Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:33:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 246 »
  Print  
Author Topic: margin terminal is now FREE - bots for over 30 exchanges  (Read 268521 times)
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2016, 01:38:38 AM

Margin Trading is new to me and I may have to research more about it, your video seems to be very informative but the only problem I have would be the audio, I can barely hear the tutor speaking, I hope you could upload a video with better audio rec. level. Anyway, thank you! Cheesy

You are welcome.

I can hear my voice fine! But if you are having trouble hearing it, please turn on cc! I went to the trouble to make sure they are correct.

Thanks,
Jonathan

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryoser

Activity: 104
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2016, 07:11:04 AM

Looking forward to buy LeonArdo with a discount of Christmas an New Year! Should i wait mates? Will you do such awesome gift for us?
biege

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 09:35:27 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2016, 10:26:45 AM by biege

Margin Trading is new to me and I may have to research more about it, your video seems to be very informative but the only problem I have would be the audio, I can barely hear the tutor speaking, I hope you could upload a video with better audio rec. level. Anyway, thank you! Cheesy

You are welcome.

I can hear my voice fine! But if you are having trouble hearing it, please turn on cc! I went to the trouble to make sure they are correct.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Thank you for adding the CC on the video, Jonathan! You're awesome you know that. Thanks guys for adding Margin Trading on the app, this is the best update so far. All I can say is that, because of this app, margin trading has been the best newbie friendly feature-at least for me. I've been trying to read a lot regarding Margin trading but I can't seem to find any article that helps me better understand this but your app did. I guess, it's much easy for me to learn stuff hands on. You guys rock! Please keep it up! Cheesy

Do you have plans on making this automated as well? I believe it's possible, but I'm just going to ask anyway. Cheesy
mettalmag
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 10:47:13 AM

What is this and how can I make the rest of my life about it?
srcs76

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 11:33:36 AM

Excellent update, congratulations again Margin.  Wink
ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 04:09:31 PM

Implementing support for Kraken now. Not the easiest API to tackle it must be said...
how far is support for Kraken?
is it useable now?
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2016, 08:55:57 PM

You are welcome.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Thank you for adding the CC on the video, Jonathan! You're awesome you know that. Thanks guys for adding Margin Trading on the app, this is the best update so far. All I can say is that, because of this app, margin trading has been the best newbie friendly feature-at least for me. I've been trying to read a lot regarding Margin trading but I can't seem to find any article that helps me better understand this but your app did. I guess, it's much easy for me to learn stuff hands on. You guys rock! Please keep it up! Cheesy

Do you have plans on making this automated as well? I believe it's possible, but I'm just going to ask anyway. Cheesy

Thank you for the very kind words!

And yes, of course we are looking into adding margin trading to a bot!!

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2016, 08:57:07 PM

Implementing support for Kraken now. Not the easiest API to tackle it must be said...
how far is support for Kraken?
is it useable now?

There is one remaining issue that we need to fix and then we will release this! Now that our 3.0 release is out the door, this is our priority...

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2016, 09:01:07 PM

Check out this really nice short position (+14%) I have on ETH/BTC. Hoovering the position brings up this great visualisation of it's current percentage gain/loss. We calculate this percentage by taking into account exchange and lending fees to ensure that you know how much you actually stand to gain or lose...

biege

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 09:18:28 AM

You're welcome, Jonathan.
That's so cool! If ever, are you planning to integrate this to the software for free, or are you going to sell this as an addon? Cheesy

Btw, what are your system requirements for running the program? I know it'll work as long as it's on Windows, Linux, and OSX 64bit, the reason why I'm asking is because I plan on using this on Raspberry Pi3 remotely, so I can control the trade whenever I travel. Thanks for your support! Smiley
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2016, 09:34:00 AM

That's so cool! If ever, are you planning to integrate this to the software for free, or are you going to sell this as an addon? Cheesy

Btw, what are your system requirements for running the program? I know it'll work as long as it's on Windows, Linux, and OSX 64bit, the reason why I'm asking is because I plan on using this on Raspberry Pi3 remotely, so I can control the trade whenever I travel. Thanks for your support! Smiley

We will not charge extra for it! It will come free with leonArdo of course Smiley

We don't support Raspberry Pi3 as it has a ARM Cortex-A7 processor. We might add support for that in the future but it is not possible now.

Also, we hope to roll out a VPS service soon so that you can run leonArdo remotely.

biege

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 11:09:20 AM

We will not charge extra for it! It will come free with leonArdo of course Smiley

We don't support Raspberry Pi3 as it has a ARM Cortex-A7 processor. We might add support for that in the future but it is not possible now.

Also, we hope to roll out a VPS service soon so that you can run leonArdo remotely.

Wow! I'm speechless. This is very promising! I'll definitely follow you guys on your projects. Yeah, I was thinking about the ARM processor, it would be great if it's supported. VPS is great, but I guess you would charge for this if ever because it'll costs you money to maintain a server, unless of course, you are referring to a customer side virtualization instead of you hosting the service? Sorry if I ask a lot of questions, I just find your project worthy of praise. Cheesy
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2016, 02:41:19 PM

Wow! I'm speechless. This is very promising! I'll definitely follow you guys on your projects. Yeah, I was thinking about the ARM processor, it would be great if it's supported. VPS is great, but I guess you would charge for this if ever because it'll costs you money to maintain a server, unless of course, you are referring to a customer side virtualization instead of you hosting the service? Sorry if I ask a lot of questions, I just find your project worthy of praise. Cheesy

We hope to have a pretty sweet deal on the VPS that will make it too interesting to ignore.

Thanks for all your praise!

Juwe

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 08:18:33 PM

Hi there,

first off, congrats on the new release. I found many things improved - many little annoyances fixed. Here are a bunch of improvement requests and some pretty serious things as well. FYI: I'm running leonArdo  on Win7 x64, and trade on Poloniex.

Bug 1) Updating the price on an order that was already partially executed fails:
Here's what I did: I placed a sell order for C coins at price p. Waited for the order to complete partially. Right clicked on "Sell-Arrow" in candle graph and chose "adapt price". In the appearing window, I changed the price p, but the amount was fixed to C even though a part of C was sold already. The subsequent replacement of the Sell-order failed then and I assume it failed, because the app tried to replace the order with the original order amount C => not enough funds.

Bug 2) App crashed upon cancellation of order:
Order of events: I placed an order, I cancelled the order. Before the app could communicate the cancellation of the order to Poloniex, the order was executed. The app crashed few seconds later and it appeared that the already-executed order failed to cancel decently, which crashed the app.

Improvement 1) Active order in order book:
With the dark theme, an active order in the order book is displayed with a light grey background. The font color is slightly-darker-but-yet-light grey, which makes is hard to read. You should really swap back-and-fore-ground colors for active orders.

Improvement 2) Amount of digits in "adapt price" window:
Adjusted the price of an active order by right clicking on the "Sell" arrow in the candle graph and then "adapt price". The pop-up window will show the price, but it will round the price to 4-digits. This is cumbersome, when trading coins where lower digits matter. Proposal: use the amount of digits that the user chose in the digits-slider by the order book.

Improvement 3a) Candle time frame:
I realize that adjusting the graph time frame adjusts the candle time frame as well. It would be nice though, if I could choose a candle time frame explicitly, for instance 1 minute, 5 minutes, etc..

Improvement 3b) Graph time frame:
I find the graph time frame counter-intuitive in the first place, even more so because it's not honored, once I drag the order volume graph out, in which case less than the chosen time frame is shown. In my perception, the purpose of a candle graph is to observe the market and spot candle patterns. The candle time frame is key to this, whilst the time frame of the graph is really secondary. I would prefer, if I could choose the candle time frame (as in so many other platforms) and then use the mouse wheel to zoom the graph like so: if the mouse hovers over the y-axis, the mouse wheel zooms the y-axis. Hovering over the x-axis zooms x-axis. When I write "zooming the x-axis" is do not mean to change the candle-time frame, but the amount of candles shown. If I zoom out on time, I want to see more candles, each candle should retain their time frame though.

Improvement 4a) The x-axis:
The x-axis is so hard to read in its current state. When I choose 1D for the graph time frame, the x-axis will show labels such as "dec/06 7", which means in this case "dec/06 7am". It doesn't show am or pm and it doesn't use the 0-24 scheme either. This makes it really hard to find out "when" I am. By the way: also the date/timestamps that are displayed overlayed to the x-axis don't use 0-24 or am/pm. This seems to be specific to Windows (or my location settings), as I can see many screenshots with am/pm.

Improvement 4b) The time zone:
I would really like to adjust which reference time zone leonArdo uses to display time stamps. This would help me to better/faster understand/align the candle graphs, when looking at leonArdo and Poloniex at the same time, for instance. (see improvement 6 for why I do that).

Improvement 4c) An x-grid:
Wouldn't it be possible to underlay the candle graph with vertical lines that distinguish chunks of time? The implementation would certainly depend on how you do the candle time frames in the future. It is quite easy with the current visualization, as you could add an "indicator" that displays a reasonable grid based the current graph time frame.

Improvement 4d) An x-slider:
I would really love to be able to scroll on the x-axis without having to drag an drop. It is currently virtually impossible to go back to June and look at a candle graph with "1D" time frame. I'd have to drag and drop like a maniac to get there.

Improvement 5) The y-axis:
Would it possible to add an option to fix scaling of y-axis. It is very hard to understand course volatility, if the y-scaling is "cleverly" adjusted upon x-scrolling.

Improvement 6) Stop-Limit-Orders:
Hell, I have to leave leonArdo all the time, to place a stop-limit-order manually over in Poloniex. It would be extremely helpful, not having to leave leonArdo to do that. Stop-limit-orders are the default way to protect ones investment. I'm puzzled margin trading was prioritized over stop-limit-orders.

Let me know, what you think about the feature requests and particularly if there are questions regarding the bug reports.

Thanks,
Uwe
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2016, 09:54:44 AM

Hi Juwe,

Thanks for your very detailed post! I am continually impressed by our customers and feedback like you have given us here helps us to improve leonArdo greatly.

Both bugs you found have been raised with our developers.

I wont address each feature request explicitly, but will touch on the most important points. Please remember that we have nearly 200 customers who all have different wants and desires and it is impossible to make everyone happy. Also, please bear in mind that we are a small start-up with limited resources and that what sometimes seems like a trivial change to you may in fact take a lot of time to implement and therefore needs to be scheduled appropriately and prioritized accordingly alongside the many other business goals we have.

Overall I am sure that many of the requests you have raised will make there way into leonArdo, so thank you for taking the time to lay them out here. However, the general theme that I read from your requests is to align leonArdo with how things are done on Poloniex. While that might be ideal for you and customers who exclusively trade on Poloniex, it is not necessarily the best approach for the other exchanges we support. We do not overly focus on a single exchange and attempt to mimic its characteristics, but try to find the best way forward for leonArdo. That of course results in differences. The advantage of using leonArdo is that if you learn our way, you will not have to learn any other interface as it is consistent on all the exchanges we support. That doesn't mean it wont change going forward. Of course it will and as I said some of your suggestions will no doubt make there way into the product.

We are open to changing the buttons to candle times rather than the current time frame - or perhaps we will simply make it an option and you can choose what you like. But there is a misconception as to what leonArdo displays. We do not load the full transaction history but a compressed into candles version of it. The further you go back in time the larger the candles become. To not compress transactions into candles would mean that leonArdo would have to download incredibly large files from our servers, which is not ideal for performance or network bandwidth.

As for adding stop-limit-orders. We did, on Bitfinex which supports them through their API. We have asked Poloniex to add this and hopefully they will soon. If more people ask them it might happen more quickly. In the absence of API support for stop-loss-orders we have to try to emulate them. Actually, we were quite far along the path of doing just that, but we chickened out because we were afraid that customers would have a false sense of security. A leonArdo emulated stop-loss-order is not the same thing as a stop-loss-order on the exchange order book. If the network went down for example, which is a not so uncommon event, the order would not trigger. Would you use such an emulated stop-loss-order? How pissed would you be if it didn't trigger due to an issue with your network? Whatever your answer, I think we have already come to the conclusion that we need to implement our own solution as it is something that many customers have asked us for.

As for why we prioritised margin trading over stop-loss? Well, we didn't. As I said we had started to implement stop-loss before. But alongside stop-loss functionality, one of the most requested features we have had was margin trading Smiley

Thanks for all your time and effort.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Hi there,

first off, congrats on the new release. I found many things improved - many little annoyances fixed. Here are a bunch of improvement requests and some pretty serious things as well. FYI: I'm running leonArdo  on Win7 x64, and trade on Poloniex.

Bug 1) Updating the price on an order that was already partially executed fails:
Here's what I did: I placed a sell order for C coins at price p. Waited for the order to complete partially. Right clicked on "Sell-Arrow" in candle graph and chose "adapt price". In the appearing window, I changed the price p, but the amount was fixed to C even though a part of C was sold already. The subsequent replacement of the Sell-order failed then and I assume it failed, because the app tried to replace the order with the original order amount C => not enough funds.

Bug 2) App crashed upon cancellation of order:
Order of events: I placed an order, I cancelled the order. Before the app could communicate the cancellation of the order to Poloniex, the order was executed. The app crashed few seconds later and it appeared that the already-executed order failed to cancel decently, which crashed the app.

Improvement 1) Active order in order book:
With the dark theme, an active order in the order book is displayed with a light grey background. The font color is slightly-darker-but-yet-light grey, which makes is hard to read. You should really swap back-and-fore-ground colors for active orders.

Improvement 2) Amount of digits in "adapt price" window:
Adjusted the price of an active order by right clicking on the "Sell" arrow in the candle graph and then "adapt price". The pop-up window will show the price, but it will round the price to 4-digits. This is cumbersome, when trading coins where lower digits matter. Proposal: use the amount of digits that the user chose in the digits-slider by the order book.

Improvement 3a) Candle time frame:
I realize that adjusting the graph time frame adjusts the candle time frame as well. It would be nice though, if I could choose a candle time frame explicitly, for instance 1 minute, 5 minutes, etc..

Improvement 3b) Graph time frame:
I find the graph time frame counter-intuitive in the first place, even more so because it's not honored, once I drag the order volume graph out, in which case less than the chosen time frame is shown. In my perception, the purpose of a candle graph is to observe the market and spot candle patterns. The candle time frame is key to this, whilst the time frame of the graph is really secondary. I would prefer, if I could choose the candle time frame (as in so many other platforms) and then use the mouse wheel to zoom the graph like so: if the mouse hovers over the y-axis, the mouse wheel zooms the y-axis. Hovering over the x-axis zooms x-axis. When I write "zooming the x-axis" is do not mean to change the candle-time frame, but the amount of candles shown. If I zoom out on time, I want to see more candles, each candle should retain their time frame though.

Improvement 4a) The x-axis:
The x-axis is so hard to read in its current state. When I choose 1D for the graph time frame, the x-axis will show labels such as "dec/06 7", which means in this case "dec/06 7am". It doesn't show am or pm and it doesn't use the 0-24 scheme either. This makes it really hard to find out "when" I am. By the way: also the date/timestamps that are displayed overlayed to the x-axis don't use 0-24 or am/pm. This seems to be specific to Windows (or my location settings), as I can see many screenshots with am/pm.

Improvement 4b) The time zone:
I would really like to adjust which reference time zone leonArdo uses to display time stamps. This would help me to better/faster understand/align the candle graphs, when looking at leonArdo and Poloniex at the same time, for instance. (see improvement 6 for why I do that).

Improvement 4c) An x-grid:
Wouldn't it be possible to underlay the candle graph with vertical lines that distinguish chunks of time? The implementation would certainly depend on how you do the candle time frames in the future. It is quite easy with the current visualization, as you could add an "indicator" that displays a reasonable grid based the current graph time frame.

Improvement 4d) An x-slider:
I would really love to be able to scroll on the x-axis without having to drag an drop. It is currently virtually impossible to go back to June and look at a candle graph with "1D" time frame. I'd have to drag and drop like a maniac to get there.

Improvement 5) The y-axis:
Would it possible to add an option to fix scaling of y-axis. It is very hard to understand course volatility, if the y-scaling is "cleverly" adjusted upon x-scrolling.

Improvement 6) Stop-Limit-Orders:
Hell, I have to leave leonArdo all the time, to place a stop-limit-order manually over in Poloniex. It would be extremely helpful, not having to leave leonArdo to do that. Stop-limit-orders are the default way to protect ones investment. I'm puzzled margin trading was prioritized over stop-limit-orders.

Let me know, what you think about the feature requests and particularly if there are questions regarding the bug reports.

Thanks,
Uwe

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2016, 11:12:09 AM

Why can't all my positions look this good?

biege

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 05:58:44 PM

Hi, Jonathan. May I request a prompt notification when you close the Window? This helps us prevent accidentally hitting the close button when maximizing the window. Thanks! Cheesy
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2016, 11:24:22 AM

Hi, Jonathan. May I request a prompt notification when you close the Window? This helps us prevent accidentally hitting the close button when maximizing the window. Thanks! Cheesy

We will add it to the next release. Good point. Maybe we will make it an optional setting.

cryoser

Activity: 104

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2016, 06:25:11 PM

Hi mates! Im new to Leo. Just got it.
The only lack i feel is to draw a trendline.pls just a simple pencil to make a line will be very helpfull to catch an eye on several charts when its a breakout or breakdown.
Jonathan my kind regards and wishes to go further and further with develompent. leonardo not only bot but also a great monitoring tool Cool
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2016, 09:31:10 AM

Hi mates! Im new to Leo. Just got it.
The only lack i feel is to draw a trendline.pls just a simple pencil to make a line will be very helpfull to catch an eye on several charts when its a breakout or breakdown.
Jonathan my kind regards and wishes to go further and further with develompent. leonardo not only bot but also a great monitoring tool Cool

We hear you! We plan to add drawing tools soon.

Thanks for your feedback.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 246 »
  Print  

Jump to: