Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:13:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 246 »
  Print  
Author Topic: margin terminal is now FREE - bots for over 30 exchanges  (Read 268521 times)
akeetlebeetle

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 08:21:19 PM

I'm running the bot on Poloniex. Why the bot stops and does not run 24/7?
My internet connection is pretty stable.

Suggestion:
when the bot runs in Ping Pong, assuming it starts with a buy. Once it makes a successful buy and a successful sell, would it be possible to make it do a sell (assuming there is enough coins in the balance) and keep it running this way? In other words: buy --> sell --> sell --> buy --> buy ....
Sorry if I am not really clear

No, but you could set up opposite ping-pongs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2017, 08:41:42 PM

Suggestion:
when the bot runs in Ping Pong, assuming it starts with a buy. Once it makes a successful buy and a successful sell, would it be possible to make it do a sell (assuming there is enough coins in the balance) and keep it running this way? In other words: buy --> sell --> sell --> buy --> buy ....

It's Poloniex. They have had problems for a week now.

Such bullshit!!!

Undecided

Actually, it's not bullshit. Poloniex have been under extreme pressure for the past couple of weeks now. At times it takes minutes for an order to get placed and at a certain point if the API stops communicating, leonArdo's bots have to stop.

As for your question. It's currently not possible, but as akeetlebeetle said, you can set up multiple bots on a single currency pair.

I hope that helps.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

p3ppymon

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 08:46:56 PM

Suggestion:

It's Poloniex. They have had problems for a week now.

Such bullshit!!!

Undecided

Actually, it's not bullshit. Poloniex have been under extreme pressure for the past couple of weeks now. At times it takes minutes for an order to get placed and at a certain point if the API stops communication leonArdo's bots have to stop.

As for your question. It's currently not possible, but as  akeetlebeetle said, you can set up multiple bots on a single currency pair.

I hope that helps.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Thanks for the suggestion.
For the Poloniex business, they need to solve their issues as their business is growing!

Kiss
p3ppymon

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:20:32 PM

Overall, the thing which upset me the most is that the software crashes. C++ library.

Would it be because I am running so many bots? Is there a limit to the maximum number to run simultaneously?
akeetlebeetle

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:23:44 PM

Overall, the thing which upset me the most is that the software crashes. C++ library.

Would it be because I am running so many bots? Is there a limit to the maximum number to run simultaneously?

It has nothing to do with number of bots.

I do see it more often when Polo is fucking up, though. I think the bot isn't handling something properly when Polo is wonky. I don't know if it messes up on other exchanges.
p3ppymon

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:30:33 PM

I do see it more often when Polo is fucking up, though. I think the bot isn't handling something properly when Polo is wonky. I don't know if it messes up on other exchanges.

Thanks for your swift reply.
So, everything is to be addressed on Polo...
akeetlebeetle

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:39:11 PM

Thanks for your swift reply.
So, everything is to be addressed on Polo...

No, there is something wrong with the bot - it's not handling something correctly. Polo is just exacerbating it. They know about a memory leak. That may or may not be the cause of this problem. But they are working on it.
TransAtlantic

Activity: 138

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 03:06:23 AM

It did this error for me on Bittrex a number of times, up to the point that I couldn't open the Bittrex market at all.  It was clearly a weird API response from Bittrex (I could see in the logs that it wasn't JSON at all).

So it seems to me that some improvement of error handling would be required here.  Normally, leonArdo should be able to continue past the unintelligible API response, and not simply crash wioth that C++ Library error instead.
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 01:47:46 PM

It did this error for me on Bittrex a number of times, up to the point that I couldn't open the Bittrex market at all.  It was clearly a weird API response from Bittrex (I could see in the logs that it wasn't JSON at all).

So it seems to me that some improvement of error handling would be required here.  Normally, leonArdo should be able to continue past the unintelligible API response, and not simply crash wioth that C++ Library error instead.

We agree. Seg fault crashes should not happen.

If you can re-produce one - we'd love to hear how you can do it.

If you can produce a crash report please send it on.

Any specific information helps us to improve leonArdo. This is complex stuff, but we are working hard on it.

Thanks for all your support guys!

TransAtlantic

Activity: 138

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 03:09:48 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2017, 03:25:20 PM by TransAtlantic

It did this error for me on Bittrex a number of times, up to the point that I couldn't open the Bittrex market at all.  It was clearly a weird API response from Bittrex (I could see in the logs that it wasn't JSON at all).

So it seems to me that some improvement of error handling would be required here.  Normally, leonArdo should be able to continue past the unintelligible API response, and not simply crash wioth that C++ Library error instead.

Any specific information helps us to improve leonArdo. This is complex stuff, but we are working hard on it.

I am under the impression that I wrote it a few times already:  Make orders, then cancel before the order is placed / confirmed on the exchange, or move an existing order then cancel it before it has finished to replace it.  That's a near-guaranteed crash, at least in my experience.

If you want to test and reproduce that, just place many bots (with 0.001 BTC value, or something like twice the minimal value), and have fun moving them around in an aggressive way, like if you want to push leonArdo to the limit.  You'll see it crash quite easily, I believe.

Not a day passes by without leonArdo crashing.

As for a "crash report", would any of the logs be helpful for you?  I've offered by email to send you that a few times, but I didn't get a clear reply on it.

Also, I believe it would be important that you setup PGP keys, so that we can communicate securely with you by email.
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 03:29:17 PM

I am under the impression that I wrote it a few times already:  Make orders, then cancel before the order is placed / confirmed on the exchange, or move an existing order then cancel it before it has finished to replace it.  That's a near-guaranteed crash, at least in my experience.

If you want to test and reproduce that, just place many bots (with 0.001 BTC value, or something like twice the minimal value), and have fun moving them around in an aggressive way, like if you want to push leonArdo to the limit.  You'll see it crash quite easily, I believe.

Not a day passes by without leonArdo crashing.

As for a "crash report", would any of the logs be helpful for you?  I've offered by email to send you that a few times, but I didn't get a clear reply on it.

Also, I believe it would be important that you setup PGP key, so that we can communicate securely with you by email.

I am not only talking to you TransAtlantic! There are others on the thread here.

The issue you described has been noted and is a help to us.

The leonArdo logs won't help for a seg fault crash.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Bananenfrosch

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 06:50:51 PM

buyed a copy Smiley
p3ppymon

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 10:15:21 PM

It seems that everything has been running smoothly for the last couple of days.
Let's keep making transactions!
Real_Unhooked

Activity: 838
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 05:03:24 AM

ANyone care to share if they are using the BOT on auto or are they manually trading?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
.....DeepVault.....
....Blockchain File Signatures....
...deeponion.org...
shifty303

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 05:51:49 AM

ANyone care to share if they are using the BOT on auto or are they manually trading?

I have been trading manually (through leo) for the most part the last three weeks because of how crazy the markets have been. I have had the margin maker bot running here or there using about 10% of my total balance for generating faster, small profits which I don't have time to do. I am going to be testing it over larger time periods and much bigger percentages for a couple weeks to see how it does.

The trading interface alone makes this app worth it.
akeetlebeetle

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 07:34:08 AM

I have been trading manually (through leo) for the most part the last three weeks because of how crazy the markets have been. I have had the margin maker bot running here or there using about 10% of my total balance for generating faster, small profits which I don't have time to do. I am going to be testing it over larger time periods and much bigger percentages for a couple weeks to see how it does.

The trading interface alone makes this app worth it.

This is what I've been doing. I just use it now mostly to monitor my holdings.
ezflashback

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 08:59:34 AM

First of all:

Thank you Leonardo / Jonathan for your great work and support.
I had some issues and the support was great.

Idea / Quesion
I would like to run leonardo on my home server.
Actually i enter leonardo via vnc.

A very nice option would be an webinterface to enter leonardo remotely via a password protected page.

DNS:Port (open ports surely required)

What do you think about it and how useful would this feature be?
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2017, 01:42:33 PM

Thank you Leonardo / Jonathan for your great work and support.
I had some issues and the support was great.

Thanks Smiley

Idea / Quesion
A very nice option would be an webinterface to enter leonardo remotely via a password protected page.
DNS:Port (open ports surely required)
What do you think about it and how useful would this feature be?

We like the feature and it is definitely on our wish list.
But security is of utmost important and running with a public accessible open port has undergo tight security audits.
It is all a matter of resources. We will probably add the feature, but at the moment it is more a longterm thing.
Thanks for suggesting features. Just let us know what you guys want in the product and we will do our best to build it Smiley

ezflashback

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 08:43:54 PM

thanks!
am curios about all of the future features you will bring up Smiley
Axiantor

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 10:30:43 AM

Hey,

Does this bot supports arbitrage?

What's the current price?

all the best..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 246 »
  Print  

Jump to: