Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:53:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 246 »
  Print  
Author Topic: margin terminal is now FREE - bots for over 30 exchanges  (Read 268521 times)
JustJohnny

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 04:35:19 PM

Hello all!
I’m a beginner trader and I’m trying out the Leonardo demo application.
I’m having trouble understanding the mArgin bot settings and how to apply them to a strategy.
Can anyone point me to a source where I could read up on these things?
I feel a bit hesitant on spending real money if I’m not sure what I’m doing  Roll Eyes

Best regards Johnny

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 07:42:03 PM

Anybody having problems with poloniex connection and with Mac computer?
[..]
LeonArdo works like charm, but this connection or API problem with Poloniex makes me go crazy  Grin

Thanks, guys

Are you still experiencing this behavior? Or was it just a temp problem with Poloniex?
If it still persists can you send us the logs from the leonArdo folder to contact@marginsoftware.de?
We will then have a look and get back to you asap.

Hi, yes same issue.

I sent few logs that show what error i have.

Got the logs and will look into it!

Best wishes,
Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 07:45:22 PM

Hello all!
I’m having trouble understanding the mArgin bot settings and how to apply them to a strategy.
I feel a bit hesitant on spending real money if I’m not sure what I’m doing  Roll Eyes

Best regards Johnny

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for checking out leonArdo.

The main difference between the static ping pong and mArgin maker bots is that the ping pong bot is static and the mArgin maker in dynamic. What that means is that with the ping pong bot you explicitly set a buy and sell price and that is all the bot does. If the course bounces between those pre-determined prices the bot will cycle through buy and sell orders. In contrast to this you don't set a buy and sell price for the mArgin maker bot, but rather you set a relative margin which adapts based on the history window - which continually adapts to what has happened. This means that it allows for prices to be dynamically chosen. There are other parameters you can set to ensure the bot behaves like you want it to such as: don’t sell below a certain price or ensure a min gain has been achieved.

The minimum effective gain allows you set the amount you want to make on each trade cycle. This is the amount after exchange fees have been subtracted. Setting a negative value allows the bot to make a loss in the hope that it can continue trading and make a gain. Otherwise, the bot would stop until the course came back to it.

There are no perfect parameters so just try a few out. Try to choose pairs that are not in a pump or dump. leonArdo works best when horizontally trading.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

JustJohnny

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:18:39 AM

Hello all!

Best regards Johnny

Hi Johnny,

The main difference between the static ping pong and mArgin maker bots is that the ping pong bot is static and the mArgin maker in dynamic. What that means is that with the ping pong bot you explicitly set a buy and sell price and that is all the bot does. If the course bounces between those pre-determined prices the bot will cycle through buy and sell orders. In contrast to this you don't set a buy and sell price for the mArgin maker bot, but rather you set a relative margin which adapts based on the history window - which continually adapts to what has happened. This means that it allows for prices to be dynamically chosen. There are other parameters you can set to ensure the bot behaves like you want it to such as: don’t sell below a certain price or ensure a min gain has been achieved.

The minimum effective gain allows you set the amount you want to make on each trade cycle. This is the amount after exchange fees have been subtracted. Setting a negative value allows the bot to make a loss in the hope that it can continue trading and make a gain. Otherwise, the bot would stop until the course came back to it.

There are no perfect parameters so just try a few out. Try to choose pairs that are not in a pump or dump. leonArdo works best when horizontally trading.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Thank you Jonathan for the explanation.
So if I’m understanding this correct a smaller margin would hypothetically make orders more often in a relatively horizontal market, whereas a larger margin would make trades more seldom but with higher profit? I have noticed the bot stops working from time to time but according to our explanation this is then by design when the price drops below the trading window?
So if the trading window is where the application will try to do the buy and sell orders (correct?), what effect does the Buy and Sell margin % slider have?
Sorry about the stupid questions but I’m still a bit confused.
Best regards Johnny

akeetlebeetle

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:30:53 AM

Hello all!

Best regards Johnny

Hi Johnny,

Best wishes,
Jonathan

So if I’m understanding this correct a smaller margin would hypothetically make orders more often in a relatively horizontal market, whereas a larger margin would make trades more seldom but with higher profit? I have noticed the bot stops working from time to time but according to our explanation this is then by design when the price drops below the trading window?
So if the trading window is where the application will try to do the buy and sell orders (correct?), what effect does the Buy and Sell margin % slider have?
Best regards Johnny

I just set up a bunch of ping-pong bots with a 1-2% profit covering the last 24 hours or so of trading. Seems to work for me.

I got tired of watching the margin bot sell all my coins at once and then see the coin continue spiking. The reverse is also true. This way I can spread my buys/sells out much better. The only downside is that a large percentage of my coins are tied up and not trading at any given time.
JustJohnny

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 09:04:13 AM

Hello all!

Best regards Johnny

Hi Johnny,

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Best regards Johnny

I just set up a bunch of ping-pong bots with a 1-2% profit covering the last 24 hours or so of trading. Seems to work for me.

I got tired of watching the margin bot sell all my coins at once and then see the coin continue spiking. The reverse is also true. This way I can spread my buys/sells out much better. The only downside is that a large percentage of my coins are tied up and not trading at any given time.

Yes that seems like a straightforward approach to get started with.
Thanks you for the input.
//Johnny
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2017, 11:32:42 AM

Hello all!

Best regards Johnny

Hi Johnny,

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Best regards Johnny

Hi Johnny,

The trading window is determined by how much history you want it to have and the the min and max trade that occurred during that time.

The buy and sell margins are then relative percentages of that area.

As the trading window is constantly changing the buy and sell margin prices will also change. That's the dynamic part of the mArgin maker bot.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

drnkk

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 02:39:03 PM

Hello all!
I feel a bit hesitant on spending real money if I’m not sure what I’m doing  Roll Eyes

Best regards Johnny

Hi Johnny,

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Best regards Johnny

Hi Johnny,

The trading window is determined by how much history you want it to have and the the min and max trade that occurred during that time.

The buy and sell margins are then relative percentages of that area.

As the trading window is constantly changing the buy and sell margin prices will also change. That's the dynamic part of the mArgin maker bot.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

For margin maker bot,
Maybe there can be an option to choose the selection criteria of the blue highest-lowest limits

for now it is always highest and lowest point of candlesticks,
some times it is causing a very far order and lose reality of the market trend because of a spike in the history.

but if the limits are chosen as the close-open point of candlesticks,
there will be less profit per cycle but more cycle according to the trend and maybe more profit overall.

Just an idea to discuss.

Bitrated user: drnk.
radix13

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 03:16:42 PM

is there a plan to intigrate RSI?
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2017, 08:32:37 PM

is there a plan to intigrate RSI?

Yes!

We plan to add lots more indicators.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

pizzapie

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 12:18:53 AM

Hey, question for you. I just downloaded the demo and see the ping-pong and Margin Maker bots.

Is there any way to account for EMAs in the buy/sell decision? Aka, could you buy/sell depending on the crossovers.

For example, could I tell the bot to BUY when the 5 day EMA is higher than the 50 day EMA, and SELL when the 50 day EMA is higher than the 5 day EMA?
akeetlebeetle

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 12:26:11 AM

Hey, question for you. I just downloaded the demo and see the ping-pong and Margin Maker bots.

Is there any way to account for EMAs in the buy/sell decision? Aka, could you buy/sell depending on the crossovers.

For example, could I tell the bot to BUY when the 5 day EMA is higher than the 50 day EMA, and SELL when the 50 day EMA is higher than the 5 day EMA?

I think that's what he's referring to when he says he wants to add more trading indicators.
pizzapie

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 01:13:58 AM

Ahhh, ok. I wasn't sure if that was for the automation or not. They already have those indicators for manual trades I believe, I was thinking more strategy-wise.
akeetlebeetle

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 01:33:11 AM

Ahhh, ok. I wasn't sure if that was for the automation or not. They already have those indicators for manual trades I believe, I was thinking more strategy-wise.

I'm not 100% sure either  Grin, I just choose to believe.
drnkk

Activity: 72

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 04:41:09 AM

as far as i know
it was mentioned before as strategy editor which will be a future implementation.
to let user create their own strategy taking into account the indicators.

Bitrated user: drnk.
pupok

Activity: 79

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 05:11:02 AM

Hello is me again
I was using it trading platform but not having the priceline permanently on is really a turn down for me... Could you please consider adding this ? I would love to keep using it.. maybe as a turn on and off addon won't hurt anyone thank you
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2017, 10:07:35 AM

Hello is me again
I was using it trading platform but not having the priceline permanently on is really a turn down for me... Could you please consider adding this ? I would love to keep using it.. maybe as a turn on and off addon won't hurt anyone thank you

The price line is, by default, permanently on if you are in the manual trading tab.

Not sure what you mean?

And you can already optionally turn it off Smiley

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2017, 10:11:33 AM

Alert

Our data collection is currently down.

We are working to get it back up again.

What does this mean for you? If you have an instance of leonArdo running you won't notice anything, but if you start a new instance of leonArdo there will be a gap of a few hours.

Apologies.
Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2017, 10:14:54 AM

No, it's not possible yet.

But it will be.

Thanks for your enquiry.

Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2017, 10:17:38 AM

as far as i know
it was mentioned before as strategy editor which will be a future implementation.
to let user create their own strategy taking into account the indicators.

Exactly right drnkk.

Thanks

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 246 »
  Print  

Jump to: