Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:35:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 246 »
  Print  
Author Topic: margin terminal is now FREE - bots for over 30 exchanges  (Read 268521 times)
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 12:02:09 PM

What about my request for the profit / loss view? It can't be that difficult to add.

Go Big or Go Home.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2017, 01:59:34 PM

What about my request for the profit / loss view? It can't be that difficult to add.

Hi thedreamer,

I hear you! We have had this request from a number of customers lately and it is on our todo list.

But please know that we remain, for the moment, a small startup with limited resources and we simply do not have the manpower to immediately react to each and every customer feature request.

Your request has been noted and rest assured it will appear in an upcoming release.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Percivul

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 10:22:31 PM

We REALLY need to have a gain/loss of principal for either a time-set view or from start of trading. Trying to manage manually by buy/sell is a nightmare.

Agreed!!!!  As it is, it's almost becoming not worth it when you take into account the system doesn't save settings (Linux box), isn't able to adapt to rising and falling markets (just turns itself off and waits which defeats the purpose of a bot), etc....

I think the bot has tons of potential and I'd love to see it continually developed.

Hi Percivul,

Thanks for your input but there are a few things I'd like to point out.

the system doesn't save settings (Linux box)
It does. It works the same on all systems (Linux, OS X and Win). It saves the current state automatically when you close it down. As its in beta it can still sometimes crash and for this reason we also added a manual save option which lets you manually trigger the save configuration state by right clicking the strategy button and pressing "save".

isn't able to adapt to rising and falling markets
That is not the case. There are settings that allow for exactly this to happen. The mArgin maker bot is a dynamic bot unlike some of our competitors' that have static ping pong bots.

(just turns itself off and waits which defeats the purpose of a bot)
You set the parameters of the bot. If the parameters tell the bot to stop trading it will stop trading. There is no magic bot out there that will allow you to switch it on and simply leave it running for ever. We are still at the stage where man and machine have to work together.  

I think the bot has tons of potential and I'd love to see it continually developed.
Thanks. You will be glad to hear that it is an active project and it is being continually developed  Wink

All the best,
Jonathan

I'll accept that I probably just don't know how to get it to do these things so perhaps some guidance on what I'm doing wrong?

First, I've manually shut down the bot (no crashes) and when reopening, my settings aren't there.  Am I missing something?  A switch or toggle somewhere?

The margin maker bot runs fine for awhile and eventually just stops but I don't see a setting that tells it to keep running or to stop explicitly.  I'm using the standard 25% on upper and lower bars and running it on a few coins.  If the coins stay within that margin it'll keep running but it seems to stop if it goes above and below so when I talk about auto-adjusting, it doesn't seem like it is.  Maybe I'm not setting it up correctly so perhaps you could provide an example of a setup for say XMR/BTC trading on Polo.  I'm very happy to learn from mistakes but again, I'm not seeing what's causing the bot to stop.

The rising and falling of the market is hit and miss really.  When I said it stops that's because it usually does and I think it's related to the settings (which I'm not positive about setting correctly) so again, an example would be great.

I have faith in the bot which is why I plunked down the bitcoin for it so I'm not trying to mock it or you guys.  I think it's mostly that since it has a good many options and most of them (to me at least) don't really make a ton of sense, makes it difficult to set it up correctly.  Perhaps guidance in these areas will remove that problem and I'll happily eat my words.  Smiley

Thanks
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 11:46:22 AM

I'll accept that I probably just don't know how to get it to do these things so perhaps some guidance on what I'm doing wrong?

First, I've manually shut down the bot (no crashes) and when reopening, my settings aren't there.  Am I missing something?  A switch or toggle somewhere?

The margin maker bot runs fine for awhile and eventually just stops but I don't see a setting that tells it to keep running or to stop explicitly.  I'm using the standard 25% on upper and lower bars and running it on a few coins.  If the coins stay within that margin it'll keep running but it seems to stop if it goes above and below so when I talk about auto-adjusting, it doesn't seem like it is.  Maybe I'm not setting it up correctly so perhaps you could provide an example of a setup for say XMR/BTC trading on Polo.  I'm very happy to learn from mistakes but again, I'm not seeing what's causing the bot to stop.

The rising and falling of the market is hit and miss really.  When I said it stops that's because it usually does and I think it's related to the settings (which I'm not positive about setting correctly) so again, an example would be great.

I have faith in the bot which is why I plunked down the bitcoin for it so I'm not trying to mock it or you guys.  I think it's mostly that since it has a good many options and most of them (to me at least) don't really make a ton of sense, makes it difficult to set it up correctly.  Perhaps guidance in these areas will remove that problem and I'll happily eat my words.  Smiley

Thanks

Thanks for your reply Percivul,

This should not happen so there is definitely a problem! My first suggestion is to delete the hidden .leonArdo folder (the settings are stored there). Before you delete it please make sure you have saved your API keys as they will also get deleted. You could also check whether the explicit manual save works. Let me know!

The mArgin maker bot allows you to set relative margins and this means that they adapt depending on what happened in the history window you set. However, if the course changes at an inopportune time (which will always happen at some point Smiley), you can allow the bot to take a loss in order to continue trading. The parameter that allows this is the "Min effective gain". You can practice different settings using one of the demo markets in order to get a good feel for what it does.

Thanks for your support Percivul.

All the best,
Jonathan

thedreamer
Legendary

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 01:18:33 PM

Thanks for the update. I'll be eagerly awaiting the next release.

I've had mine crash a few times and lose all bots but I recovered it quickly.

Go Big or Go Home.
KDoge

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 01:14:04 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2017, 01:30:13 AM by KDoge

Hey, Jonathan.  It just came to my attention that an imposter site, marginsoftware.co (note the .co) is attemping to scam people.  For anybody looking to purchase LeonArdo, be sure to purchase directly from the creators, marginsoftware.de.  

Edit: They allow for direct download.  It probably contains malware.
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2017, 10:34:33 AM

Hey, Jonathan.  It just came to my attention that an imposter site, marginsoftware.co (note the .co) is attemping to scam people.  For anybody looking to purchase LeonArdo, be sure to purchase directly from the creators, marginsoftware.de.  

Thanks for the heads up!

Yes, that's not us. We have reported it.

Our address is http://www.marginsoftware.de

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2017, 10:43:22 AM

There has never been a better time to buy leonArdo!

With these all time high bitcoin prices the price has fallen to just 0,075BTC  Grin

Our decision to price leonArdo fairly in USD but to accept BTC means you guys get immediate benefits when the price rises. If it falls, well, it's still a fair price!

All the best,
The leonArdo guys

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2017, 08:59:33 AM

Please take care of IMPOSTER site pretending to be us

Our domain is .de NOT .co

We have reported them but still waiting for the site to be taken down.

Stay vigilant!

For the record, this is our site: http://www.marginsoftware.de

All the best,
The leonArdo guys

PS If the imposters are reading this please contact us. We'd like to hire you to help bring us more traffic. Impressive numbers!

WarrEagle

Activity: 663
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 02:14:11 PM

Picked this up yesterday. Very slick interface, good API responses, order books and multiple bots per trading pair in one app is amazing. There's only one feature that is missing, that was very useful from the Quatloo days...dynamic ping pong of the order books based on the bid/ask spread. It would make entrance and exits a very easy task.

I've read that the team is planning a strategy update to allow some customization. Hopefully we can put something together. Looking forward to the next update.

DELETED
thedreamer
Legendary

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 03:51:35 PM

Picked this up yesterday. Very slick interface, good API responses, order books and multiple bots per trading pair in one app is amazing. There's only one feature that is missing, that was very useful from the Quatloo days...dynamic ping pong of the order books based on the bid/ask spread. It would make entrance and exits a very easy task.

I've read that the team is planning a strategy update to allow some customization. Hopefully we can put something together. Looking forward to the next update.

I agree. This would be good. Although it'd make us even more lazy than currently.  Cheesy

Go Big or Go Home.
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2017, 09:27:50 AM

Thanks WarrEagle!

We have great features in our pipeline and can't wait to get them into your hands.

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2017, 09:40:30 PM

Update. This site has at last been taken down.

Thanks again for notifying us!

thedreamer
Legendary

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 12:37:24 AM

Question. When I see lots of little volume trades under my trade history (larger orders are set as ping pong or market maker though).
Do those count as individual sales/buys? If they are very low amounts, would they count as a loss after fees?

Go Big or Go Home.
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2017, 10:24:02 AM

Question. When I see lots of little volume trades under my trade history (larger orders are set as ping pong or market maker though).
Do those count as individual sales/buys? If they are very low amounts, would they count as a loss after fees?

No need to worry!

The bots always try to sell the given amount. The execution of these orders can, however, be split over several trades into so called partial order fills. leonArdo visualises the remaining amount left of the order. As the percentages are just calculated on the individual amounts of each trade, it does not matter whether they are split or executed as a single order.

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2017, 03:14:42 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2017, 05:14:45 PM by leonArdo@margin

Due to the recent Cloudflare bug, which caused a memory leak, some bitcoin exchanges decided to be cautious and delete all API keys.

We have already been contacted by many of our customers who connect to BTC-e and have been affected.  We have no problem providing anyone affected with a new copy of leonArdo with an updated API key.

Just contact us Smiley

All the best,
The leonArdo guys

thedreamer
Legendary

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 03:19:44 PM

No need to worry!

The bots always try to sell the given amount. The execution of these orders can, however, be split over several trades into so called partial order fills. leonArdo visualises the remaining amount left of the order. As the percentages are just calculated on the individual amounts of each trade, it does not matter whether they are split or executed as a single order.

Thank you as always.

Go Big or Go Home.
lfo

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

BNM founder

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2017, 06:18:45 PM

Id like to know if it works on a ubuntu 16.10 desktop version?

Blocknewsmedia.com
Blocknewsmedia.us
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 07:03:02 PM

With the new release of AMD's Ryzen CPU's with more cores and threads is there any plan to compile and support the enhanced capabilities of these new chips?  Seems like it would be great fit for Leonardo.  It looks like Leonardo could benefit from the additional horsepower.   Grin
thedreamer
Legendary

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 07:29:46 PM

With the new release of AMD's Ryzen CPU's with more cores and threads is there any plan to compile and support the enhanced capabilities of these new chips?  Seems like it would be great fit for Leonardo.  It looks like Leonardo could benefit from the additional horsepower.   Grin

I'm using Leonardo on an older Intel Q6600 Quad Core system with only 4GB of ram and an SSD running Windows 8.1 Pro.
I don't do much else with it other than remote access into it and have it monitor some of my mining rigs as well. Overall it has been very stable and CPU / Resource usage is minimal. I use between 10-20 bots on it with no slow downs and CPU usage under 25%.

Leonardo has crashed 3 times over the past month or so of running it but at least 2x it was my fault/cause of the crash.

I don't think there is a need for high - spec CPU's unless you are planning to run 100 bots under one Leonardo.
In that case I'd suggest splitting up over multiple instances and PC's of Leonardo and staying under 20bots each. Less chance of down-time in case of a crash.

Go Big or Go Home.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 246 »
  Print  

Jump to: