Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:44:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GUIMiner-scrypt: A GUIMiner fork for mining scrypt chains  (Read 993988 times)
Vertcoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:33:59 PM

Sent 50 VTC
Thank for supporting Vertcoin

VTC Stealth Address : vJmt8sF4iySr2RnJdZJdqk7CbJMQzwPwQwUsQwKF27qPE7qv9gfhjYqD6VapALi6jv8j6VKUvXYEto6 xmtxoq9oUyBXbV9XsYdt6sA
Please contact us via contact[at]vertcoin.org only, do not PM.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tacotime (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:45:09 PM

Sent 50 VTC
Thank for supporting Vertcoin

Thanks!

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
Kornelius007

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:57:55 AM

Hi,

I've found some issues with handling cudaminer in GUIminer v0.05, and wasn't sure where to post them, so here it comes:
  • missing support for hash-parallel,
  • extra flags are being ignored

BTW it's a great app, thanks!
LPCobris

Activity: 129

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:59:22 PM

Hi!
There are some bugs to iron out Taco:

a) Sometimes the app don´t restore... Simply stays hidden on the taskbar, even by forcing it not appears, closing and opening the app, seems to "fix" the problem, but sometimes it happens again
b) There should be a warning to confirm the removal of the miner just after we wrongly press the "X" inside the app. Another solution is to hidden the X inside the context option when we do Right Click to rename ou duplicate.
c) The console is allways being updated and we cant seem to pull the log up, because it allways refresh down...

There could be more bugs, but these are the most obvious...
For the features to add please consider those:

a) Auto-Restart the miners by the following options:
1) defined hash power (or drop on hash power), defined time, defined periods of time (Auto-Restart miners on timer).

b) Auto-Restart + Auto-Run the Windows + App, defined by: hour, or period of time (exemple, Programable reboot windows timer - restarting the system 2x per day and auto-restart the app win entering windows).

c) Better information on the sumary box (some graph or somekind of information of the speed of various miners).

d) Maybe a connection with some stats for the more famous multipools (WafflePool, Clevermining, MiddleCoin)

e) the same with the BTC currency exchanges (BitStamp, BTC-E, etc..)

f) Better identification of the cards (if possíble by brand of model identification)

g) there are some profiles lacking in the AMD range (don´t have NVIDIA, so i don´t know that one).

h) Extra field for a second backup pool if the main one falls, and auto-change to main pool if the same is back online (that can allready be done in the flags camp, but i belive that a extra field would be much more intuitive and easyer).

i) Time delayed after app starts to run the miners (for 10 or more seconds for example)

j) Auto-Retry on connection errors (defined value Check in X Seconds and Check X times before move to second pool)

There are some more features that would be great on GUI Miner, but these are the most needed ones...
Thanks for your time and efford! Smiley

Best Regards,

LPC

ukjay

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:38:29 AM

Anyknow what the perfect settings would be for a 7700 series? 
felek007

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:00:38 PM

Could you help me how to use "-s" flag? I always get "0.01" is not a number, when I try: "-s 0.01".
LPCobris

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:59:33 PM

Hi!
There are some bugs to iron out Taco:

a) Sometimes the app don´t restore... Simply stays hidden on the taskbar, even by forcing it not appears, closing and opening the app, seems to "fix" the problem, but sometimes it happens again
b) There should be a warning to confirm the removal of the miner just after we wrongly press the "X" inside the app. Another solution is to hidden the X inside the context option when we do Right Click to rename ou duplicate.
c) The console is allways being updated and we cant seem to pull the log up, because it allways refresh down...

There could be more bugs, but these are the most obvious...
For the features to add please consider those:

a) Auto-Restart the miners by the following options:
1) defined hash power (or drop on hash power), defined time, defined periods of time (Auto-Restart miners on timer).

b) Auto-Restart + Auto-Run the Windows + App, defined by: hour, or period of time (exemple, Programable reboot windows timer - restarting the system 2x per day and auto-restart the app win entering windows).

c) Better information on the sumary box (some graph or somekind of information of the speed of various miners).

d) Maybe a connection with some stats for the more famous multipools (WafflePool, Clevermining, MiddleCoin)

e) the same with the BTC currency exchanges (BitStamp, BTC-E, etc..)

f) Better identification of the cards (if possíble by brand of model identification)

g) there are some profiles lacking in the AMD range (don´t have NVIDIA, so i don´t know that one).

h) Extra field for a second backup pool if the main one falls, and auto-change to main pool if the same is back online (that can allready be done in the flags camp, but i belive that a extra field would be much more intuitive and easyer).

i) Time delayed after app starts to run the miners (for 10 or more seconds for example)

j) Auto-Retry on connection errors (defined value Check in X Seconds and Check X times before move to second pool)

There are some more features that would be great on GUI Miner, but these are the most needed ones...
Thanks for your time and efford! Smiley

Best Regards,

LPC

Hi!
Any news for us Taco?

Best Regards,

LPC
Gargo

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:29:01 PM

can you place the installation files to somewhere else with a better speed?
BitCoinPokerBro

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 04:29:44 AM

I need to delete guiminer-scrypt settings due to an antivirus scan causing some sort of problem with connection. It'll open just fine but will not connect to any pool/url. Whereas it was working fine yesterday so it has to of been the scan/sandboxing mechanism. (avast ran a before startup type scan if that makes a difference)

Where does GUIMiner-scrypt save it's settings? Couldn't find it in Roaming folder so not sure where to look.
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 05:25:30 AM

It creates batch files in the directory of the associated mining program.
BitCoinPokerBro

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:55:15 AM

Could you explain what you just said? Like I have no idea how to comprehend tech language.
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 05:32:58 PM

Could you explain what you just said? Like I have no idea how to comprehend tech language.

Not entirely sure how to make it more clear, but I'll give it a shot.

When you create a miner in guiminer scrypt, enter your credentials, devices, settings, extra flags etc, and then start mining, guiminer creates a .bat file in the relevant mining program's directory. This is the mechanism that directs the mining program.

Perhaps a pic will help? This is the /guiminer-scrypt/cgminer directory on a win7 x64 machine.

jeremyg

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:48:47 AM

im not getting anything over here...I click start and it says starting but never goes any further.

i blanked out usernames. but I coppied my worker name directly from the site and an positive the password is right.

Any ideas?

https://i.imgur.com/lROSpVf.jpg
BitCoinPokerBro

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:41:01 AM

Not entirely sure how to make it more clear, but I'll give it a shot.

When you create a miner in guiminer scrypt, enter your credentials, devices, settings, extra flags etc, and then start mining, guiminer creates a .bat file in the relevant mining program's directory. This is the mechanism that directs the mining program.

Perhaps a pic will help? This is the /guiminer-scrypt/cgminer directory on a win7 x64 machine.

Ok I understand what your saying now. The .bat is not what I was looking for. Actually gui/cgminer saves it's settings in computer>local disk>users>username>appdata>roaming>poclbm and is named poclbm-scrypt

However the issue is after deleting this  it didn't fix the problem with the miner not working. Even with a fresh new install of the latest gui miner. Unfortunately I think avast really messed up my pc's ability to mine and will eventually have format the hard drive to start new.
BitCoinPokerBro

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:41:47 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 03:03:35 AM by BitCoinPokerBro

im not getting anything over here...I click start and it says starting but never goes any further.

i blanked out usernames. but I coppied my worker name directly from the site and an positive the password is right.

Any ideas?

Make sure the port it set correctly 3333 is the default setting.  Also check your device setting.  Sometimes your cpu will be selected by default instead of gpu.

Most importantly though the url is in the wrong format.

This is what scrypt guild gives for cg type miners

stratum+tcp://stratum.scryptguild.com

For gui miner you have to add http:// and drop stratum+tcp like so http://stratum.scryptguild.com if that doesn't work try http://scryptguild.com one of the two will work

BitCoinPokerBro

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 03:12:30 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 03:28:07 AM by BitCoinPokerBro

This is the error

Note the problem is with cgminer not the gui portion. Where does cgminer save it's settings? Or does cgminer have a directory folder in roaming or somewhere else? Deleting that should hopefully fix the issue.
tacotime (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:20:31 PM

Hi!
Any news for us Taco?

Best Regards,

LPC

Busy with lots of things.  Updates will be slow.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
tacotime (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:21:24 PM

I need to delete guiminer-scrypt settings due to an antivirus scan causing some sort of problem with connection. It'll open just fine but will not connect to any pool/url. Whereas it was working fine yesterday so it has to of been the scan/sandboxing mechanism. (avast ran a before startup type scan if that makes a difference)

Where does GUIMiner-scrypt save it's settings? Couldn't find it in Roaming folder so not sure where to look.

appdata/roaming/poclbm-scrypt

Code:
LPCobris

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:54:07 PM

Hi!
Any news for us Taco?

Best Regards,

LPC

Busy with lots of things.  Updates will be slow.

Hi Taco!
Glad to hear from you!

Okey no problem, just keep them coming! Smiley

Another bug to add for the fix...
Sometimes, if you stop a miner that was runing at 20 intensity, and change it to less intensity (ex: 13, 14, 15), and then stop. And save and restart the miner again at 20 intensity, the GUIMiner will cause the driver to crash.
Even after the recovery, the miner will not recover, giving very slow performance and cannot start at full speed at any intensity setting.
Maybe there is a way to recover the miner... my "fix" is to stop everything and reboot the machine...

Best Regards,

LPC

jeremyg

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 01:00:11 AM

Any ideas?

https://i.imgur.com/lROSpVf.jpg

tried changing the settings as instructed and still get nothing. Im also getting the error "unexpected command line arguments". Does it matter where I install guiminer? I currently have it on my desktop. should it be in program files? Ive had my cards running on bitminter, so I know they work. Im running out of things to try.

Thanks again or taking the time to help me!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: