Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:34:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you accept bitcoin as your salary?  (Read 183482 times)
Legasean

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 01:55:53 PM

In Europe there is a hot new pertaining to a company whose going to introduce paying bitcoins to their employees. But given the instability of the bitcoins market value is it an advantage for the employees or an disadvantage. In my opinion this kind of payment for salary is not yet beneficial to employees not until bitcoins price has become stabled. Though if bitcoin will start to increase its monetary value it can be advantageuos but if not then it is a peril to the employees. So what do you think, what is your opinion on this matter?
I personally wouldn't mind my wages being paid in Bitcoin, since they'd be easily transactable and fairly liquid, and could be a good investment for whatever I wouldn't have to use immediately. I would maybe prefer for 3/4 of my wages to be paid in fiat and the remainder to be paid in Bitcoin, because that way I can be sure that I'll have money to over my expenses and still have a portion paid in Bitcoin.

Maybe if the employer offers some insurance against swings in the market, I can see something like this working.
I never want to accept bitcoins as my salary and that is just becuase i dont like to pay with the bitcoin i want money in my pockets and not otherwise sorry,
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kevpantof

Activity: 491

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 02:13:04 PM

I won't accept it as a form of salary because it is really unstable at this time...... Smiley
But if you consider the prices go higher levels then it might get you huge profit if you are saving them, then it must be good idea to get your salary to save some bitcoin with the intention of making huge profit in future. So, decide and get your salary in bitcoin.
torrentheaven

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 02:16:44 PM

I won't accept it as a form of salary because it is really unstable at this time...... Smiley
But if you consider the prices go higher levels then it might get you huge profit if you are saving them, then it must be good idea to get your salary to save some bitcoin with the intention of making huge profit in future. So, decide and get your salary in bitcoin.
And what will you do if price goes the other way? I mean if it goes again to $200 or $300 level in future will you still prefer to accept salary in bitcoins? As anything is possible in future so be wise before taking any decision.
italianobitcoin

Activity: 370

Forza Italia

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 02:35:20 PM

I wouldn't mind to get a part of my salary paid in Bitcoin, but still the majority in ordinary cash. It is still
easier to pay your mortgage, insurances, groceries etc with ordinary cash.

Same answer for me just a part of it in bitcoin. If i would be able to pay mortgage insurances etc in bitcoin then yes sure throw me all my salary in bitcoin cause I wouldn't have use for fiat. But sadly enough bitcoin is not big enough to live the dream and we will have to wait a little longer before we reach that point.
studas

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 02:40:28 PM

But you will have to know that the instability is positive and in that situation no one will have to afraid from the instability, you will get much more value of your bitcoins in the future and you will have your salary with more amount
sempak

Activity: 1638
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 02:42:50 PM

it is your perception that is commendable. one middle road is we get paid according to the rates when the price of bitcoin payments.
it will not hurt because we will have several options to get more money again.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Emitdama

Activity: 1895
Merit: 328

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 02:43:45 PM

You are right but there are some people who want to get some money and want to spend them on exact that time at which they get them so in this case they will not accept bitcoin but if they will have their bitcoin debit card then they will be able to spend then instantly.
eddyubachs

Activity: 812

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 02:58:34 PM

At a moment I will not prefer to get paid in bitcoins as price is not high and there is no guarantee that it will be even higher in future so it will be a huge risk to take.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 03:00:31 PM

it is your perception that is commendable. one middle road is we get paid according to the rates when the price of bitcoin payments.
it will be very difficult. because each company was definitely not want a loss. when they buy bitcoin with high prices and the current employee's pay when the price is low. it would make employers think 2 times to give salary with bitcoin.
chaosknight

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 04:08:26 PM

it will be very difficult. because each company was definitely not want a loss. when they buy bitcoin with high prices and the current employee's pay when the price is low. it would make employers think 2 times to give salary with bitcoin.

Yeah neither it will be profitable for employers nor for the employees as price volatility will make it difficult for both the parties to get into bitcoins as if price falls in future then it will be loss to everyone.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 04:23:11 PM

At a moment I will not prefer to get paid in bitcoins as price is not high and there is no guarantee that it will be even higher in future so it will be a huge risk to take.

you don't need the price to be high in order to receive bitcoin as your salary. if you think the current price is low, then it means that your salary will get you more bitcoins as result compared to when the price is really high. that's the benefit.
peta4e

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 04:26:29 PM

you don't need the price to be high in order to receive bitcoin as your salary. if you think the current price is low, then it means that your salary will get you more bitcoins as result compared to when the price is really high. that's the benefit.

That's true but what is the use of holding them for a  long time till it reaches to high point, as you will never sell them till the price goes higher and no one knows when exactly it will happen.
randy8777
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 04:47:18 PM

That's true but what is the use of holding them for a  long time till it reaches to high point, as you will never sell them till the price goes higher and no one knows when exactly it will happen.

well, people holding their coins for a long period of time can have several reasons. the pure investment minded people keep holding till it reaches a certain price level to sell at. others purely use bitcoin as store of value tool to keep their holdings out the reach of governments and banks. and the price going up makes it an extra bonus for them.
greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 04:53:30 PM

well, people holding their coins for a long period of time can have several reasons. the pure investment minded people keep holding till it reaches a certain price level to sell at. others purely use bitcoin as store of value tool to keep their holdings out the reach of governments and banks. and the price going up makes it an extra bonus for them.

People can afford to hold them for a long term only if they have other source of income and bitcoin is pure investment for them but a person whose income is only from bitcoins will not prefer to hold it for long term as he needs money to run his life and take care of his family.
hawkins

Activity: 1204

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 04:58:18 PM

Well, I think you're wrong. after you receive a salary with bitcoin, you can immediately sell it when the price was normal. If you receive a salary with bitcoin, then there will be advantages and disadvantages that should you face, the benefits, you can hold bitcoin it and make sure you sell when prices rise. it can make a lot of money, and the loss if you hold it when the price goes down, then the salary you get will go down. yeah, but it all depends on your choice. if I were you, I would accept it
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1101

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 05:16:00 PM

Well, I think you're wrong. after you receive a salary with bitcoin, you can immediately sell it when the price was normal. If you receive a salary with bitcoin, then there will be advantages and disadvantages that should you face, the benefits, you can hold bitcoin it and make sure you sell when prices rise. it can make a lot of money, and the loss if you hold it when the price goes down, then the salary you get will go down. yeah, but it all depends on your choice. if I were you, I would accept it

It will depend on the individual that how he views bitcoin, if he is comfortable in holding it for a long term then he can accept salary in bitcoins and if not then fiat will always be there.
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1330
Merit: 622

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2016, 05:21:04 PM

People can afford to hold them for a long term only if they have other source of income and bitcoin is pure investment for them but a person whose income is only from bitcoins will not prefer to hold it for long term as he needs money to run his life and take care of his family.
I think there is people who are earnigns here and spend it for his family to live because they dont have a day job.. but i think its hard to live in bitcoin if your source is isngature only.. so if you really want to live in bitcoin.. accept multple task online..

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 05:23:59 PM

Well we are not the same wanted so i think for me i want to accept bitcoin as my salary but they should relay in the present price before they send my salary.. so that i have time to hold and sell it in the right time..
but until now i am not satisfied in earning in bitcoin..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
Sweetbtc

Activity: 938
Merit: 503

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 05:33:23 PM

Totally agree with you, guy.
All of crypto currencies have the advantage of being volatile, because you can earn some amount in this month and - If you can hold for a little - you are able to win more money only holding the coin.

.TONUP..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
...JOIN NOW...
randy8777
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 05:37:49 PM

every bit of generated bitcoin should be seen as an extra revenue stream, and not as main income. that's very important to know. you should never fully depend on bitcoin unless you are earning big when you for example run a very profitable service or something.
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: