Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:22:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What does a President Trump mean for Bitcoin?  (Read 30153 times)
bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 11:17:23 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2017, 01:37:13 AM by bncbnc

He is a lot of bad ideas so it would mean he will influence the Bitcoin ETF to yes.

Which honestly is something we don't need. Bitcoin has problems. Core vs Unlimited. Let's salvage that first and then look to more ppl stepping in.
which I know is when he was elected as president of  america, world economic and market conditions became uncertain that the price of the currency USD down. so bitcoin price up because some of fiat prices down. but during this time he was still a positive impact on bitcoin though by any means.
in fact he is facing a lot of issues when he was selected as president and i think still he is facing them. i do not think that still he has given an statement about bitcoin but i think we can expect that he will take a good action about bitcoin and will try to regularize bitcoin in USA.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tyz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 02:27:43 PM

I am not really a fan of Fox channel but I read an interesting article about how Trump helped bitcoin become more valuable than gold. Before the SEC decision yesterday, I was convinced that most of the price increase is because of speculation for a positive SEC decision on the Winkleboss ETF. But after the SEC disapproved the ETF, the short crash and the recovering of the price, I am sure there must be another big reason why Bitcoin price is that strong. And I think Trump not only drives the stock markets but also drive the Bitcoin price.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2017, 02:41:51 PM

I am not really a fan of Fox channel but I read an interesting article about how Trump helped bitcoin become more valuable than gold. Before the SEC decision yesterday, I was convinced that most of the price increase is because of speculation for a positive SEC decision on the Winkleboss ETF. But after the SEC disapproved the ETF, the short crash and the recovering of the price, I am sure there must be another big reason why Bitcoin price is that strong. And I think Trump not only drives the stock markets but also drive the Bitcoin price

Okay, I read that piece and I can't actually say that it made a particularly interesting read

As to me, Trump promises to devalue the US dollar have as little to do with the current rally as the SEC approval expectations (which was pretty evident). People are prone to rationalize things looking for plausible explanations in really bizarre places, anywhere beyond what is right before their eyes. The price had started to rise long before Trump was elected a US president, and remember, no one believed he would win (it seems that he didn't believe in that himself). Basic logic and common sense obviously tell us that his promises to devalue the dollar (which he has yet to deliver on, by the way) have nothing to do with Bitcoin surging for the last half a year

bitbob82

Activity: 630

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 06:57:54 PM

So far it seems to be going up we can only hope that it will continue to rise I sure hope it does cause I'm loving it when it is doing good Smiley always like to see it doing good.
I am pretty agree with you. I don’t think he has any issue with cryprocurrencies and also any other president of any country has any issue with him. I think he is also a business man and he knows the importance of cryptocurrency. I think in his time period the bitcoin is keeps on progressing like this and I hope its price keeps on increasing like this day by day.
yes he has already so many other issues to solve. i think he is the first president who is facing so many internal problems, when he will get free from that issues then he will be thinking about bitcoin.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 07:27:02 PM

I am not really a fan of Fox channel but I read an interesting article about how Trump helped bitcoin become more valuable than gold. Before the SEC decision yesterday, I was convinced that most of the price increase is because of speculation for a positive SEC decision on the Winkleboss ETF. But after the SEC disapproved the ETF, the short crash and the recovering of the price, I am sure there must be another big reason why Bitcoin price is that strong. And I think Trump not only drives the stock markets but also drive the Bitcoin price

Okay, I read that piece and I can't actually say that it made a particularly interesting read

As to me, Trump promises to devalue the US dollar have as little to do with the current rally as the SEC approval expectations (which was pretty evident). People are prone to rationalize things looking for plausible explanations in really bizarre places, anywhere beyond what is right before their eyes. The price had started to rise long before Trump was elected a US president, and remember, no one believed he would win (it seems that he didn't believe in that himself). Basic logic and common sense obviously tell us that his promises to devalue the dollar (which he has yet to deliver on, by the way) have nothing to do with Bitcoin surging for the last half a year

I don't know if I have been very ignorant of this or what... I haven't heard anything of this "promise" Trump has supposedly given to "devalue the dollar"... do you have any reference as to where he has said something to this effect?  Or is this something you think he will end up doing as a result of other things?  I just don't remember him making that promise ever on the campaign trail.

bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 06:11:02 PM

I don't know if I have been very ignorant of this or what... I haven't heard anything of this "promise" Trump has supposedly given to "devalue the dollar"... do you have any reference as to where he has said something to this effect?  Or is this something you think he will end up doing as a result of other things?  I just don't remember him making that promise ever on the campaign trail.
i think currency trump do not have not yet give any statement about bitcoin or any other crypto currency, but i think in future he must be thinking about it and i am hopeful that he will give a very positive response towards bitcoin and other crypto currencies and hope that his decision will put a very positive impact on bitcoin.
PetroffVany

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 06:21:01 PM

i think currency trump do not have not yet give any statement about bitcoin or any other crypto currency, but i think in future he must be thinking about it and i am hopeful that he will give a very positive response towards bitcoin and other crypto currencies and hope that his decision will put a very positive impact on bitcoin.

I think that Trump is not yet ready to make decisions with respect to the crypto currency. And the fact that on March 11 the commission did not approve the Bitcoin Foundation confirms my theory. Trump still does not know how to treat him bitcoin
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2017, 07:08:26 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2017, 07:44:13 PM by deisik

I don't know if I have been very ignorant of this or what... I haven't heard anything of this "promise" Trump has supposedly given to "devalue the dollar"... do you have any reference as to where he has said something to this effect?  Or is this something you think he will end up doing as a result of other things?  I just don't remember him making that promise ever on the campaign trail

Yes, you seem to be a bit ignorant on this

He did actually say that numerous times and a quick Google search (which you could have done yourself, by the way) revealed where and when exactly he was saying something to that tune (you may want to look here, here and here). If I'm not mistaken, this was even mentioned in this very thread just a few pages earlier. The irony is that while he certainly made it clear that he was going for a weaker dollar, so far he didn't do anything that would actually contribute to that. So he may in fact end up with a stronger dollar and that might be his real intention

SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 07:11:17 PM

I highly doubt he even knows what Bitcoin is and even if he did I doubt even more that he's going to regulate it, he probably wouldn't even have the time to with all the scandals racking his administration right now. I doubt his presidency will affect the Bitcoin price either unless he somehow manages to destabilise the global economy or crash the US dollar.
Trump is a businessman and I am sure he and his people know about bitcoin and already invested in it. This investment can play a good role for bitcoin and Blackchain technology in general. And that fact that Trump became the president of the US doesn't mean anything to bitcoin.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 07:34:24 PM

Only in the case of big capital investments from his side he can make some affect on bitcoin's price. That thing that he became the president and his inauguration didn't support even a move in the price for bitcoin. So, I suppose he or his decisions in politic can't mean a thing to bitcoin.
chachaa

Activity: 287

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 07:37:17 PM

Only in the case of big capital investments from his side he can make some affect on bitcoin's price. That thing that he became the president and his inauguration didn't support even a move in the price for bitcoin. So, I suppose he or his decisions in politic can't mean a thing to bitcoin.

Why can not? And if Trump forbids the use of bitcoin? This will affect the price of bitcoin in general and the bitcoin community. But I would not like such a solution
tyz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 02:18:01 PM

I've been busy with Bitcoin and Trump again. It seems Trump Bitcoin probably does not support directly. The influence of his consultant and bitcoin supporter Peter Thiel seem also limited. I think, however, that Trump can help indirectly, particularly as far as price development is concerned. Trump is much more aggressive and with less finger tip feeling with problematic states like for example North Korea. This ensures general economic uncertainty, which not only helps the gold price, but also Bitcoin sooner or later. Just my thoughts for the moment.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 03:22:23 PM

Is it just me or does anyone else think Donald Trump is batshit crazy?

Fizamcc

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 03:39:08 PM

Why can not? And if Trump forbids the use of bitcoin? This will affect the price of bitcoin in general and the bitcoin community. But I would not like such a solution

Yes. Trump can prohibit bitcoin or start a global war with strong countries, which will significantly reduce the price of the currency. Now he had no influence on bitcoin, because he did not do anything serious.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2017, 06:24:47 PM

It may well be just you

Let's see what happens to his endeavor regarding North Korea, if he backs off eventually, then he is just bluffing and fear-mongering. North Korea is certainly not Iraq. Look at what happened in Syria, Americans warned Russians about their missile attack an hour before the actual strike, and Russians didn't even bother to activate their antimissile systems which could easily intercept those Tomahawks. The Russian Joint Staff claims that half of these missiles didn't even reach their destination. That smells very fishy to me, and it feels like Trump is desperately trying to prove something to somebody inside the American establishment itself (maybe, he is afraid of a military coup in the US)

Stedsm
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 06:45:54 PM

Me too, the guy announced on his twitter that "he made Bitcoins for us, and asks everyone to enjoy".
The FUD he is making over there will probably get Bitcoins into everyone's focus and I think he's already doing too much publicity for Bitcoins, and his craziness seems to be proliferating the word to people who were once unaware of this renaissance, but are now knowingly putting their money into this with the purpose of "turning their tiny spurs into giants".

██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
Raxitto

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:16:37 PM

Donald Trump is undoubtedly one of the most controversial and polarizing figures of our time. So much so, that its victory in the elections had given rise to an air of uncertainty in the world economy.

The only advantage to thrive of the possible consequences of Trump's victory was Bitcoin, who had a strengthening of his refuge status.
loyalsenok2012

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 08:56:05 PM

Donald Trump is undoubtedly one of the most controversial and polarizing figures of our time. So much so, that its victory in the elections had given rise to an air of uncertainty in the world economy.

The only advantage to thrive of the possible consequences of Trump's victory was Bitcoin, who had a strengthening of his refuge status.
\
I do not see any relationship between the Trump and bitcoin. It seems to me that the price of bitcoin did not react in any way to the victory of the Trump. And he, too, does not show any interest in the cryptocurrency
BitcoinHeroes

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 09:02:12 PM

Trump has an interesting stance on technology. mainly, he doesn’t seem to grasp it.  transformative technologies, which bitcoin hopes to be during the Trump Presidency, tends to scare the people who don’t understand it. If bitcoin comes to the forefront and legislation makes it way through congress and onto President Trump’s desk, will he not be able to make an hopely decision? i dont think so
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 09:15:40 PM

\
I do not see any relationship between the Trump and bitcoin. It seems to me that the price of bitcoin did not react in any way to the victory of the Trump. And he, too, does not show any interest in the cryptocurrency
Well honestly you got the point i just notice too there are no connection between them bitcoin is just depends in demand supply.. that is why the price of bitcoin is increased due to the demand and low supply..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: