Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:53:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 97 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCoin 20 Years From Now  (Read 70414 times)
strasboug

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 07:26:44 AM

Many people are still to discover the bitcoin. And bitcoin is in its initial ascending price phase, it becomes the de facto gold in cyber space. I think in 20 years it will possibly go to 100,000 USD.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 10:57:22 AM
Last edit: January 01, 2017, 03:58:25 PM by tee-rex

But Unix didn't die, and its bloodline didn't interrupt anywhere. Therefore, your analogy is not quite correct if you meant that Bitcoin would die one day. There are quite a few Unix flavors still alive today, which are the direct descendants of the original Bell Labs Unix system developed in the early 1970s. Such operating systems like macOS, BSD family, Solaris are true Unices which are in active use nowadays.

But as you're writing, it's the BLOODLINE (descendant systems), not the original Unix. Unlike Unix, BTC cannot be changed that much and technologies that descend from BTC aren't BTC. Ethereum, Monero... They have their blockchains, they wouldn't exist without BTC, but they're not BTC and they could be here even after BTC. Now, I'm not claiming that they'll be active after BTC, but other crypto probably. In the past 20 years, the bloodline of Unix went through MUCH. In the following 20 years, many new coins will come.

In my opinion, we can't say that the coins you mentioned, Ethereum and Monero, descend from Bitcoin like later Unices descend from the original Unix. They are more like Linux, Minix, Gnu, QNX, which only behave in a manner similar to a genuine Unix system, though they don't share or didn't share in the past a common codebase with a genuine Unix. SCO had tried to prove the contrary in the early 2000s claiming that IBM had contributed UNIX code to Linux, but it failed pathetically.
deadpoolx

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 06:48:57 PM

Many people are still to discover the bitcoin. And bitcoin is in its initial ascending price phase, it becomes the de facto gold in cyber space. I think in 20 years it will possibly go to 100,000 USD.
It is very difficult to make Bitcoin predictions for such extended periods of time. This involves many factors, and even the experts prefer to make predictions for shorter periods of time. At least one can be sure of one thing, if Bitcoin continues to grow at that rate, and if people really embrace the idea, that value is attainable, given that 20 years is a very long period of time for the cryptocurrency space.
SparkedDev

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 07:44:51 PM

I see it being dead and the financial systems advancing to a degree of almost instant transfers.
Tho im sure bitcoin will always have its place as quantum computer comes into play its going to get tricky.
Depending on how fast the community can come together and stop fighting over stuff it might have a chance.

.BITVEST DICE.
HAS BEEN RELEASED!

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
GMPoison

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 07:58:16 PM

To me bitcoin is too big to fail, the idea of it at least. Thus whether it will still be around isn't a question, as it certainly will be. I think bitcoin is going to change the world but I don't know how long it will take, many many years maybe. It needs to be easier to understand and easier to use. People actually have to want to use it more than the current system. When we've figured this out, and people want it, a global revolution will occur. The outcome of it? I would be silly to try and guess.   
SparkedDev

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 08:04:34 PM

To me bitcoin is too big to fail, the idea of it at least. Thus whether it will still be around isn't a question, as it certainly will be. I think bitcoin is going to change the world but I don't know how long it will take, many many years maybe. It needs to be easier to understand and easier to use. People actually have to want to use it more than the current system. When we've figured this out, and people want it, a global revolution will occur. The outcome of it? I would be silly to try and guess.   

Issue with the to big to fail statement is they said that about the banks and we seen it happen.
The one thing the crypto community offers is a lot of room for many possibilities.

.BITVEST DICE.
HAS BEEN RELEASED!

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
GMPoison

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 08:19:24 PM

Issue with the to big to fail statement is they said that about the banks and we seen it happen.
The one thing the crypto community offers is a lot of room for many possibilities.
That's the thing, banks aren't too big to fail. They have the illusion of such, but really a once in a lifetime idea such as bitcoin will show central banking what "power" really means.  Wink
CroIsBest

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 08:24:53 PM

I think that invest in bitcoin crypotcurrecncy isnt good for so long term in 20 years it will be more cryptocurrencies online I think that every country will have own cryptocurrency so bitcoin will be less popular and that cryptocurrency willbe shutdonwned.
SparkedDev

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 08:27:20 PM

That's the thing, banks aren't too big to fail. They have the illusion of such, but really a once in a lifetime idea such as bitcoin will show central banking what "power" really means.  Wink
The issue the banks are already working on blockchain tech now, they have much more money to put into it unless bitcoin becomes a trillion dollar market its always going to be an easy target.

.BITVEST DICE.
HAS BEEN RELEASED!

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
GMPoison

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 08:43:11 PM

That's the thing, banks aren't too big to fail. They have the illusion of such, but really a once in a lifetime idea such as bitcoin will show central banking what "power" really means.  Wink
The issue the banks are already working on blockchain tech now, they have much more money to put into it unless bitcoin becomes a trillion dollar market its always going to be an easy target.

I don't see that as necessarily a bad thing. While people may try to separate bitcoin from blockchain, it will only draw more attention to bitcoin helping it grow and become more accepted. Bitcoin really is still in it's infancy with most people not knowing what it is or how it works, and it's already a $15,000,000,000 market. I say just give it time. Either governments will learn to somehow adopt bitcoin which is something that they cannot control - which is why I don't see that happening - or something revolutionary will happen on a global scale. Either way it's going to be a good ride for bitcoin and all of us who are early adopters.
SparkedDev

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 08:48:11 PM

Guess all we really can do is to wait and see how things turn out.
I mean i really hope it grows but with hows things in the world are going as of late.
I'm not going to hold my breathe x] but we will see.

.BITVEST DICE.
HAS BEEN RELEASED!

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 09:31:59 PM

There are quite a few competing ideas in the form of altcoins. If Bitcoin is going to fail despite it being too big, there should necessarily be a reason behind this fall. In this manner, the coins that will come after the demise of Bitcoin or its complete decline will obviously reckon in the cause of its collapse and will be invulnerable to it. What could make Bitcoin fall, I don't know, but at the moment, the most likely reason is the lack of timely updates due to miners going against developers and vice versa.
GMPoison

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 09:54:23 PM

There are quite a few competing ideas in the form of altcoins. If Bitcoin is going to fail despite it being too big, there should necessarily be a reason behind this fall. In this manner, the coins that will come after the demise of Bitcoin or its complete decline will obviously reckon in the cause of its collapse and will be invulnerable to it. What could make Bitcoin fall, I don't know, but at the moment, the most likely reason is the lack of timely updates due to miners going against developers and vice versa.

That's a definite potential road block.
CloudStrife

Activity: 256

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 04:59:37 PM

I find the discussion interesting. Personally I think Bitcoin will not play a important role in 20 years, because there are better alternatives. Bitcoin was the first step with many technological problems. Newer projects will solve these problems and be more successful than Bitcoin. I believe that these projects not exist yet. Bitcoin will eventually be what Unix was in the 70s. Bitcoin and Blockchain are one of the greatest inventions of recent decades, and Satoshi Nakamamota - whoever is behind this pseudonym - is one of the greatest inventors of our time.
I'd agree with you, I hope/think the blockchain becomes a technology we can all benefit from in our daily lives in 20 years, I think bitcoin will still be around but it'll be seen as something old school that nobody really uses anymore.

20 years sound too distant to make a realistic perspective on what could happen to the bitcoin ecosystem by then. However I agree with the fact that it is very likely that digital technology will be so advanced by that time that maybe the bitcoin will be remembered as one of the first and rustic attempts to revolutionize the world of the economy on the Internet.
It is difficult to know when taking such a long period of time, in fact. At least one thing is for sure, If Bitcoin has managed to achieve what it has achieved in less than a decade, the possibilities for 20 years are many. I think there will be a much larger number of people recognizing the importance of Bitcoin in the economy. Before these years pass, there may even be another economic crisis, that will probably make people use Bitcoin even more.
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1020

Seabet.io | Crypto-Casino

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 05:04:31 PM

Reading on the latest news now regarding on some websites now which they are already paying attention to bitcoin.I could say this really have the potential to progress even more in the future and in 20 years towards now if bitcoin could able to survive still on those year then im sure it is mostly being used regarding on online transaction and the price will be high too.

azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 06:59:36 PM

Reading on the latest news now regarding on some websites now which they are already paying attention to bitcoin.I could say this really have the potential to progress even more in the future and in 20 years towards now if bitcoin could able to survive still on those year then im sure it is mostly being used regarding on online transaction and the price will be high too.

That would be good if this is to happen in 20 year for bitcoin to be key in transaction but it will take lot more then just 20 year to wait
Never the less true is that you said that most newly opened online stores are considering accepting bitcoin and some alts for payment that would be big step forward in accepting digital currency in global and that is what i hope the most to be accepted in almost every online store for start

Also big moves is that bank are considering creating there own blockchain what will be then remain to bee seen

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

soros017

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 09:12:11 PM

That would be good if this is to happen in 20 year for bitcoin to be key in transaction but it will take lot more then just 20 year to wait
Never the less true is that you said that most newly opened online stores are considering accepting bitcoin and some alts for payment that would be big step forward in accepting digital currency in global and that is what i hope the most to be accepted in almost every online store for start

Also big moves is that bank are considering creating there own blockchain what will be then remain to bee seen
Certainly it will take a lot more time for Bitcoin to reach this level of acceptance, and this is probably a good thing, since the ecosystem needs time to develop, and developers need time to find solutions that can make the currency being able to be used in a more fast and efficient way. In addition, slow and steady growth is more important than rapid and unstable growth.
bitbob82

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 01:03:34 AM

yes that is right to say and to me i think still there are so many people have idea about bitcoin they need some good introduction about bitcoin so that they may know about bitcoin, still we can better hope about bitcoin.
Vasilije69

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 02:21:49 AM

I think 20 years from now, BTC will grow and it will have much more value than it has now.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 08:02:27 AM

Perhaps in 20 or more year we will witness BTC becoming global currency, I mean with global access to the Internet, and so many recent economic collapses of paper currency (Greece, Cyprus, Venezuela, Argentina, Zimbabwe, and more on the horizon), there is more interest than ever in a flat-out better economic system that is not so prone to failure after failure. Many countries are in discussions to mimic the Bitcoin blockchain and create their own digital currencies and some allready started there own digital currencies, and some like Japan, who accepted Bitcoin as a national currency, on par with the Yen itself.

20 years is long time to predict we can be certain with 100% what to expect in this one.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 97 »
  Print  

Jump to: