Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:32:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 97 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCoin 20 Years From Now  (Read 70414 times)
Rostadom

Activity: 713
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 01:36:47 PM

I think that, in the future, money will be just information stored in devices. But I do not think it will be Bitcoins as we know it, because those are not very traceable and it could lead to unlawful actions and tax problems.

Then what do you think will it be? In a way, that is already happening with the plastic cards. There's an information in the card that's when accessed through ATMs, you can get money. Money is just then an information stored in your card. You can even use it as a direct way to pay for your expenses.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
posternat

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 03:22:55 PM

If bitcoin survive that long then it will be holding some unbelievable price and it will be widely used and accepted by that point of time as more people will be aware about it and there will be many places where we will be able to use them.
I think till that time the government will create something to make bitcoin controlled by the system and to work on heads and elite of the country. Yes, it's going to be used in many places if bitcoin survive, but I doubt that bitcoin will not change. We will not see bitcoin the same.

We will not see the same? yes because it will be more higher value than what we have now and for sure there will be countries that will going to accept bitcoin and maybe time will come government will find ways to control it like in fiat
Zenithar

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 04:45:04 PM

If bitcoin survive that long then it will be holding some unbelievable price and it will be widely used and accepted by that point of time as more people will be aware about it and there will be many places where we will be able to use them.
I think till that time the government will create something to make bitcoin controlled by the system and to work on heads and elite of the country. Yes, it's going to be used in many places if bitcoin survive, but I doubt that bitcoin will not change. We will not see bitcoin the same.

We will not see the same? yes because it will be more higher value than what we have now and for sure there will be countries that will going to accept bitcoin and maybe time will come government will find ways to control it like in fiat
i am agree with you, i think bitcoin is now becoming more and more popular and therefore the people who are accepting bitcoins are now also increasing, and that is way we can expect that the price of bitcoin will increase more and more
chachaa

Activity: 287
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 07:07:39 PM

In 20 years we are using Bitcoin through Tor because goverments it will probably ban it.

Nah, I don't think that the Governments will ban Bitcoin to the point where only people with Tor could access it. Bitcoin is pretty much used as a standard payment option when someone pays for something digitally. With mobile payments being more known to the mainstream audience, the guys and gals with smartphones will have Bitcoin Payments transferred to one another pretty easily. The Government can't really ban something that is pretty much everywhere, it's like how they did the Gold situation years ago.

The government can not prohibit, but will limit, limit. If bitcoin is taxed with high taxes, people will lose interest in it. But this will not be a ban.
I think that in 20 years, bitcoin will be an alternative currency as well as now. Just about him learns more people and his price will be higher
italianobitcoin

Activity: 370

Forza Italia

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 07:37:52 PM

In 20 years we are using Bitcoin through Tor because goverments it will probably ban it.

Nah, I don't think that the Governments will ban Bitcoin to the point where only people with Tor could access it. Bitcoin is pretty much used as a standard payment option when someone pays for something digitally. With mobile payments being more known to the mainstream audience, the guys and gals with smartphones will have Bitcoin Payments transferred to one another pretty easily. The Government can't really ban something that is pretty much everywhere, it's like how they did the Gold situation years ago.

A few years ago I would believe you, but now bitcoin has grown too much to just ban it.
I guess bitcoin in 20 years will be mainstream or some altcoin overtook it. Although I don't see that happening on the short term. Big brother bitcoin is ruling as a boss.
duuuuude

Activity: 938

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 07:44:21 PM

A few years ago I would believe you, but now bitcoin has grown too much to just ban it.
I guess bitcoin in 20 years will be mainstream or some altcoin overtook it. Although I don't see that happening on the short term. Big brother bitcoin is ruling as a boss.

Yeah and bitcoin will always be a king of digital currency and I don't think that it can be replaced by any altcoin as the size of altcoin is too small in compare to bitcoins and in next 20 years bitcoin will hit the mainstream and most of the people will start using it.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 12:47:52 PM

Yeah and bitcoin will always be a king of digital currency and I don't think that it can be replaced by any altcoin as the size of altcoin is too small in compare to bitcoins and in next 20 years bitcoin will hit the mainstream and most of the people will start using it.

Think he is invented to be like king. So many have tried to copy it and be like it but still no one got close there were some attempts cant say it other vise but bitcoin will be and remain where he is right now.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 01:29:16 PM

I agree the government will more likely choose to regulate Bitcoin than ban it.  But they will never accept it as main currency.  Though people probably use it as store of value until it become stable (it reaches the saturation point).  Aside from that probably bitcoin scaling is solved and won't be a problem anymore.  It will be used by majority of people as internet payment and confirmation will be instant.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 01:31:10 PM

Im always looking forward for what will be the bitcoin in that year maybe there are posibilities that bitcoin may fall and died in the middle of the year but we don't know what really the future of bitcoin will be. For me since bitcoin are really good and always on the demand maybe there are some atm machine that can withdrew our coins easily or it will turn into cash instant.

Luke2939

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Building Wealth through AI and the power of the bl

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:19:00 PM

I agree the government will more likely choose to regulate Bitcoin than ban it.  But they will never accept it as main currency.  Though people probably use it as store of value until it become stable (it reaches the saturation point).  Aside from that probably bitcoin scaling is solved and won't be a problem anymore.  It will be used by majority of people as internet payment and confirmation will be instant.

Sure, bitcoin cannot be  banned by any Government. And they know it. In fact, if I am correct, the Nigerian Government openly said that bitcoin cannot be banned. So the next logically option for the Government would be to regulate it and tax people who are dealing with it. It would be awesome to see for our self where bitcoin will be in 20 years time. It sure is exciting!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    AI-COIN ICO    Building Wealth Through AI & The Power of BLOCKCHAIN    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
slack    |    Telegram    |    twitter    |    facebook    |    ANN Thread
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    READ THE WHITEPAPER  [ REGISTER TODAY ]    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 04:28:39 PM

Im always looking forward for what will be the bitcoin in that year maybe there are posibilities that bitcoin may fall and died in the middle of the year but we don't know what really the future of bitcoin will be. For me since bitcoin are really good and always on the demand maybe there are some atm machine that can withdrew our coins easily or it will turn into cash instant.

Bitcoin could die at any time. The payments with Bitcoin is pretty easy to do and I think that is the whole point of Bitcoin. Without having to go outside of your house and having to take a plane ticket to North Korea and pay that person $50 to get something that you saw online isn't the correct solution to sending money. Instead a person will just need a computer to receive the money within minutes. The payment solution will stay so it could get worked on even more.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Vorth

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:15:14 PM

Bitcoin is future , one day will be GOLD COIN , i think if we search how we make it bettre then we keep talking about it lol.
Salazarian

Activity: 440

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:56:29 PM

The government can not prohibit, but will limit, limit. If bitcoin is taxed with high taxes, people will lose interest in it. But this will not be a ban.
I think that in 20 years, bitcoin will be an alternative currency as well as now. Just about him learns more people and his price will be higher
yes that is very much important, if government consider bitcoin as legal currency and and then they imposes a big tax on bitcoin, i think itis some ting not to be consider as good decision.

megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 08:25:46 PM

yes that is very much important, if government consider bitcoin as legal currency and and then they imposes a big tax on bitcoin, i think itis some ting not to be consider as good decision.

I know the governments around the world will fail to impose their control on Bitcoin and that's why they are hesitant to consider it as a legal tender so there's nothing to worry about, they cannot impose big taxes on it because it's decentralized, unless they want to shut down the Internet globally. The governments are leafy of my worries because they are toothless Bulldogs.
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 10:15:56 PM

Bitcoin is future , one day will be GOLD COIN , i think if we search how we make it bettre then we keep talking about it lol.

Yeah, but making it better doesn't mean I necessary forking like what's going on right now. We need to make it better and move on and stop this politics they are doing with Bitcoin unlimited and the core Devs.
nejibens

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 10:34:40 PM

Bitcoin is already the first most talked crypto currency, just few years after creating it. So we can predict it will be even the most used currency worldwide after 20 years from now.
Ipwich

Activity: 1050
Merit: 529

Student Coin

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 11:36:10 PM

Bitcoin is already the first most talked crypto currency, just few years after creating it. So we can predict it will be even the most used currency worldwide after 20 years from now.
That's a bold prediction, I think you mean majority of the world's population are going to use bitcoin, that would be possible but the success rate is not that high. We have seen how the government react about bitcoin, they just rejected the ETF application which everyone thinks could help the progress of bitcoin. Let's think that without the support of the government, massive adoption will not happen and despite of that I still believe bitcoin can still live to serve a smaller portion of population in this world like what is in the current situation.

STUDENTCOIN