Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:23:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 97 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCoin 20 Years From Now  (Read 70414 times)
TribalBob

Activity: 1288
Merit: 257

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 08:52:18 AM

Even after 20 years,Bitcoin would still exist in the market.With the advent of the Lightning all altcoins will cost nothing and bitcoin soar but only a few people will possess a whole bitcoin. Altcoins on bitcoin base (saidchains) will be in turnover

We really don't know if bitcoin will still exist or the original bitcoin that we are enjoying its good price right now. Because bitcoin can be sort of upgraded after 20 years or it can still remain. But I believe that after 20 years, people will be more aware with crypto currency and mostly with bitcoin. It will become more popular.
but we can hope that bitcoin will still exist. and hope that at that time bitcoin will be more popular and trusted currency. people will even be using it as fiat in local shops and will also be used by the people for online purposes. even at that time bitcoin will be the number one currency of the world.

If bitcoin survives that long then there is no doubt that it will be holding some unexpected price but its hard to believe that it can live that long as there is a full possibility that it may get replaced by some other innovative currency in coming years which can make bitcoin disappear completely.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 11:36:17 AM

Even after 20 years,Bitcoin would still exist in the market.With the advent of the Lightning all altcoins will cost nothing and bitcoin soar but only a few people will possess a whole bitcoin. Altcoins on bitcoin base (saidchains) will be in turnover

We really don't know if bitcoin will still exist or the original bitcoin that we are enjoying its good price right now. Because bitcoin can be sort of upgraded after 20 years or it can still remain. But I believe that after 20 years, people will be more aware with crypto currency and mostly with bitcoin. It will become more popular.
but we can hope that bitcoin will still exist. and hope that at that time bitcoin will be more popular and trusted currency. people will even be using it as fiat in local shops and will also be used by the people for online purposes. even at that time bitcoin will be the number one currency of the world.

If bitcoin survives that long then there is no doubt that it will be holding some unexpected price but its hard to believe that it can live that long as there is a full possibility that it may get replaced by some other innovative currency in coming years which can make bitcoin disappear completely.
There is a possibility that you are right that bitcoin will be replaced by another cryptocurrency after a few years but if we base on what is going on and what is the progress of bitcoin over altcoins then i could say that there is no chance for bitcoin to be replaced by another one. 20 years seems challenging for bitcoin and i believe that bitcoin can pass that 20 years and prove that some of us bitcoin users are wrong in predicting that bitcoin will die.
bitbob82

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 01:39:40 PM

There is a possibility that you are right that bitcoin will be replaced by another cryptocurrency after a few years but if we base on what is going on and what is the progress of bitcoin over altcoins then i could say that there is no chance for bitcoin to be replaced by another one. 20 years seems challenging for bitcoin and i believe that bitcoin can pass that 20 years and prove that some of us bitcoin users are wrong in predicting that bitcoin will die.
but i do not think that it can so easy to replace bitcoin by another currency in next few years. i bitcoin is becoming more and more popular as time pass. and i am hopeful that bitcoin will continue as number one currency in even after decades.
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 02:47:03 PM

I hope in the next 20 years bitcoin will fall like in 2015 at that time I want to buy a bitcoin and bitcoin to the moon next 1 years, as it is today  Cheesy . I think with the number of bitcoin adoption will guarantee its future, now many users want bitcoin accepted by the state and bitcoin payments accepted by a real store

A very uneducated comment. Some of us here have been lurking this forum and have been reading a lot about Bitcoin before posting here. Please do the same and for the mean time it is better not to post. Anyone who quotes and replies to this affirmatively is also as uneducated.

Bitcoin is not a scalable cryptocurrency yet and there are developers looking for different ways to achieve it. I have observed that no one really knows how it can be achieved as shown by the debate between Core and BU. Each group maybe think they know but maybe they really do not.

You can't say that someone's uneducated just because of one post and/or just because he wants to have some major dip so he can buy at low price and then sell it at a higher price. Anyone who has a common sense would know that the guy was just wishing about it and it's far from reality that it'll happen in the foreseeable future as more and more countries are starting to accept bitcoin as a legal payment method.

There might be some newbies lurking but that doesn't mean that they will believe everything they read here unless if the post came from a Staff, Moderator, or a Legendary rank.

jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 03:12:54 PM

of course in 20 years the price will gradually increase as because of that mining theory if we buy some bitcoin today and able to hold it for 10-20years then yes we will get huge profit from that. it can reach 5x-10x on our current price and it already proved its migtyness by beating the  gold's price once again
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 03:31:57 PM

of course in 20 years the price will gradually increase as because of that mining theory if we buy some bitcoin today and able to hold it for 10-20years then yes we will get huge profit from that. it can reach 5x-10x on our current price and it already proved its migtyness by beating the  gold's price once again

Holding for 20 years.... Sounds like an eternity Cheesy I don't think anyone of us will ever hold for that long, nobody knows what can happen until then! The best thing to do is invest it, in something safe and profitable. Or have more investments like gold, Bitcoin, silver..
CryptoVzla

Activity: 560
Merit: 290

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 03:52:10 PM

Will be dead of course. As soon as Quantum Computers starts to being a reality thing, btc will be dead. But, untill there, plenty of money that must be made. I hope i catch some too  Cheesy
So why Quantum Computers willl kill Bitcoin?.. I don't se the point, probably there wolud be "Quantum CryptoCurrencies" or something like that but i think bitcoin will survive that.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓███       
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓     
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████▓   
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████▓▓▓██████ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████ 
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████▓▓▓█▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓█▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████▓▓▓▓██
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████▓▓▓▓███ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           

GEOMA DAO

Take a Look Into the Future

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
finity

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 03:54:27 PM

Holding for 20 years.... Sounds like an eternity Cheesy I don't think anyone of us will ever hold for that long, nobody knows what can happen until then! The best thing to do is invest it, in something safe and profitable. Or have more investments like gold, Bitcoin, silver..

We don't know whether bitcoin will survive that long or not so the best move would be to hold them for next 5 years and take decisions accordingly and if you find that there is enough scope for bitcoins after 5 years then hold it or sell it when its allowing you to make profits.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 04:08:39 PM

I also agree with you, bitcoin evolving and will certainly have a lot of users. and it will make bitcoin stronger and certainly in terms of price alone would be higher. especially in the 20 years to come
of course the price could be five times higher
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 04:14:20 PM

There are still a lot of issues to be solved with Bitcoin. If we cannot address and solve for once and for all the scalability and bloating problem in a near future, we will probably go through some rough times that might dictate its demise or not.
bloodnest

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 05:01:33 PM

I personally think it won't be as relevant as now, seeing the problems it could face down the line in maybe even 5 or 10 years time. I draw that from what's happening currently and looking ahead to whatever innovations that can still be made such as new tech or better cryptocurrencies. I still have hope there'll be value in the coin, however, I don't think it'll be as popular. There's always a life cycle to tech and I don't think the exception applies to Bitcoin. Bitcoin certainly is a pioneer in cryptocurrencies, but like any pioneer, you'll have to really rev up your formula (do whatever has to be done to future proof the system, the blockchain) or you'll die with the times and just remain as just that, a pioneer.

No shame in being a pioneer though as it has laid the foundation for a society to be more open-minded towards cryptocurrencies. I could always be wrong, but regardless, for cryptocurrencies in general, I think there's a lot of promise.
ged00u

Activity: 770

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 05:22:14 PM

of course in 20 years the price will gradually increase as because of that mining theory if we buy some bitcoin today and able to hold it for 10-20years then yes we will get huge profit from that. it can reach 5x-10x on our current price and it already proved its migtyness by beating the  gold's price once again

We don't know whether bitcoin will survive that long or not so the best move would be to hold them for next 5 years and take decisions accordingly and if you find that there is enough scope for bitcoins after 5 years then hold it or sell it when its allowing you to make profits.
Bitcoin can survive more than 20 years and I believe in the fate of Bitcoin to become the world best currency. According to what we have witnessed nowadays, nothing can stop bitcoin from crossing $1100. Even the Chinese investors can do nothing to stop this event. There are no panic sellers anymore. Therefore, we can dream about the world with the existence of Bitcoin everywhere
boris singer

Activity: 882
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 06:32:26 PM

of course in 20 years the price will gradually increase as because of that mining theory if we buy some bitcoin today and able to hold it for 10-20years then yes we will get huge profit from that. it can reach 5x-10x on our current price and it already proved its migtyness by beating the  gold's price once again

Bitcoin can survive more than 20 years and I believe in the fate of Bitcoin to become the world best currency. According to what we have witnessed nowadays, nothing can stop bitcoin from crossing $1100. Even the Chinese investors can do nothing to stop this event. There are no panic sellers anymore. Therefore, we can dream about the world with the existence of Bitcoin everywhere

I also think about similar things about bitcoin. But, we live in era of technological advancement where almost everyone can accessing internet. Bitcoin for next 20 years will remain stable with a large number of users. But I believe, there will be something new at the same quality level (intense competition), even this coin is unlimited and can be recycled (this comes from altcoin).
Wind_FURY
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1825

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 05:23:43 AM

I hope in the next 20 years bitcoin will fall like in 2015 at that time I want to buy a bitcoin and bitcoin to the moon next 1 years, as it is today  Cheesy . I think with the number of bitcoin adoption will guarantee its future, now many users want bitcoin accepted by the state and bitcoin payments accepted by a real store

A very uneducated comment. Some of us here have been lurking this forum and have been reading a lot about Bitcoin before posting here. Please do the same and for the mean time it is better not to post. Anyone who quotes and replies to this affirmatively is also as uneducated.

Bitcoin is not a scalable cryptocurrency yet and there are developers looking for different ways to achieve it. I have observed that no one really knows how it can be achieved as shown by the debate between Core and BU. Each group maybe think they know but maybe they really do not.
I don't think that the scenario you are looking for will happen. A big fall in the next 20 years might be permanent, what I am trying to tell you is that people in the next 20 years might have no interest in Bitcoin because of many factors from a new kind of currency to the governments banning it entirely. We can't tell what is the reason but you need to be always on guard for what might happen next.

Permanent? That is another uneducated comment in my opinion. Nothing is permanent as far as what direction Bitcoin might go. Satoshi said that Bitcoin could be very huge with billions worth of $ of transactions or there will be none. Saying the big fall might be permanent means there is nowhere Bitcoin could go but down. There was a user here that said Bitcoin is the honey badger. That could be true. Bitcoin always finds where it needs to go to make markets efficient. If it creates enough need then there is a chance the users will never let it go.

██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1020

Seabet.io | Crypto-Casino

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 07:22:22 AM

I don't think that the scenario you are looking for will happen. A big fall in the next 20 years might be permanent, what I am trying to tell you is that people in the next 20 years might have no interest in Bitcoin because of many factors from a new kind of currency to the governments banning it entirely. We can't tell what is the reason but you need to be always on guard for what might happen next.

Permanent? That is another uneducated comment in my opinion. Nothing is permanent as far as what direction Bitcoin might go. Satoshi said that Bitcoin could be very huge with billions worth of $ of transactions or there will be none. Saying the big fall might be permanent means there is nowhere Bitcoin could go but down. There was a user here that said Bitcoin is the honey badger. That could be true. Bitcoin always finds where it needs to go to make markets efficient. If it creates enough need then there is a chance the users will never let it go.

Cant really stop laughin on what he had said that there would be a permanent  big fall for bitcoin on next 20 years? Is he a prophet that he could able to tell on what would happen to bitcoin on next 20 years and as you said theres no other way that bitcoin would go but only to rise up.

upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 05:06:46 PM

I think that bitcoin might become soothing that everyone uses in 20 years, a lot of people think otherwise because the bitcoin is becoming harder to get and mine and it is limited in terms of resources (we don’t have that much bitcoin for everyone to use) but maybe in the future some new technology will allow us to have more bitcoin.
Dux2K
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 05:15:07 PM

I think that bitcoin might become soothing that everyone uses in 20 years, a lot of people think otherwise because the bitcoin is becoming harder to get and mine and it is limited in terms of resources (we don’t have that much bitcoin for everyone to use) but maybe in the future some new technology will allow us to have more bitcoin.

or we might see something far better cuz bitcoin can be a key to new features in next decade or two, also we might see something that will be far more important than bitcoin, still 20 years is long period

Coinroll - Bitcoin Gambling

[fX665GSjkGyrckCzk]
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1330
Merit: 622

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2017, 05:57:12 PM

or we might see something far better cuz bitcoin can be a key to new features in next decade or two, also we might see something that will be far more important than bitcoin, still 20 years is long period
They should fix first the issue about the transaction speed and keep increase the default fee for every transaction.. will be great that they should be fix before bitcoin will be great after 20 years..  since this is the only problem that never ends the debate..

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 06:53:33 PM

I can see Bitcoin being scalable, all the malleability issues fixed, adopted by masses and accepted by every government of the world as an alternative currency and not a main one.  20 years is a long way so there are lots of good thing that is possible to happen to Bitcoin and of course the opposite can happen too.  But I am more incline to the positive things that will happen to BTC.
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 08:26:16 PM

but i do not think that it can so easy to replace bitcoin by another currency in next few years. i bitcoin is becoming more and more popular as time pass. and i am hopeful that bitcoin will continue as number one currency in even after decades.
yeah we normally know that no one other crypto currency will replace bitcoin and bitcoin technology getting more advance and i hope that some countries will be adopt the bitcoin and i am sure bitcoin will be more popular than dollar in the future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 97 »
  Print  

Jump to: