Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:31:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 97 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCoin 20 Years From Now  (Read 70414 times)
ophyrim

Activity: 994
Merit: 391

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 09:30:32 PM

If you ask me about an opinion I would surely say that in 20 years, bitcoin will be adopted by most of the countries worldwide and stores will have an options of btc payment on their counter. The bitcoin this time after 20 years will be a great part of our economy in terms of profitable and sustainable source of fiat money.
Yea I agree with you. I think betcoin will be an important part of the countries economy worldwide. And also one of the best investment instrument. We are going to use bitcoin for our daily payment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 10:02:49 PM

If you ask me about an opinion I would surely say that in 20 years, bitcoin will be adopted by most of the countries worldwide and stores will have an options of btc payment on their counter. The bitcoin this time after 20 years will be a great part of our economy in terms of profitable and sustainable source of fiat money.
Yea I agree with you. I think betcoin will be an important part of the countries economy worldwide. And also one of the best investment instrument. We are going to use bitcoin for our daily payment.

I think bitcoin will be larger than your assumptions, as we know, now benchmark world currency is USD, bitcoin will take over position and controlled most of shares in world currency markets, especially on Wall Street. If February 11, 2017 decision SEC is refusing bitcoin, they'll decide otherwise in the next 20 years.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 10:18:28 PM

After 20 years maybe these bitcoin will be having a high price. Maybe $4000 dollars. It may be a good price though still not be accepted in investments because of its volatility.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 10:23:43 PM

20 years from now bitcoin will no longer be just a currency, its likely to be stock and hoping the little patches are fixed to allow faster transaction confirmations and hopefully we get to see mass adoption.
xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 10:31:39 PM

We are now experiencing the efficient, fast and amazing convergence of technologies which one way or the other greatly contributing to the rise of the cryptocurrencies and making Bitcoin as the King of the Hill so far.

Looking into the future...what do you think will be the scenario involving Bitcoin twenty years from now? Will Bitcoin be worth more than a million or will it ceased to exist? Or will a new crytocurrency replace the supremacy of Bitcoin...?
I don't think bitcoin would worth more than a million in the next 20 years but who know's maybe it could,
I just hope that bitcoin is still alive after 20 years and it is still worth it to use,

VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 10:36:46 PM

20 years from now bitcoin will no longer be just a currency, its likely to be stock and hoping the little patches are fixed to allow faster transaction confirmations and hopefully we get to see mass adoption.
that is probably right, 20 years later bitcoin will be a rare thing just like bitcoin but the difference is that bitcoin is digital and doesn't even have physical shape.
i think that if that really happen, people who hold bitcoin will be pleased very much

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
CARrency

Activity: 546
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 10:41:25 PM

That is the prediction mostly I had read on articles, users do not want to use bitcoin but save it to earn money and exchange it with their desired price. It is really treated as a stock.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Soul Reaper

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 04:22:41 AM

Bitcoin 20 years from now ,
I think is a nightmare for the banks.
Use of bitcoins will be increased that even the local traders will start accepting it.
I worth may reach up to even 10000$ .
Rising popularity of bitcoins may result into small banks closing up.
Bitcoin might also increase crime activities .
Because it is easy to do such things with bitcoins as compared to fiat.
So overall it may have a positive impact .(exception do always exist)
Nekutasa

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 04:39:30 AM

I think in 20 years from now (or even less) bitcoin will be worth a lot and will increase drastically!!!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience - Most Trusted & Popular Bitcoin Game @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 06:32:18 AM

I think in 20 years from now (or even less) bitcoin will be worth a lot and will increase drastically!!!

Actually it is happening now. It is increasing drastically and I dont even expect this happening.
I thought it will go slow and steady upwards but it did not and somehow it is gettig a lot of attention now.
I dont really know if it is a good thing or not. For us, it is good for our investment are getting larger with its value. But what about those who are invested in different cutrency or commodities. What are they thinking now? Are they saying this is absurd?
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 07:21:25 AM

We are now experiencing the efficient, fast and amazing convergence of technologies which one way or the other greatly contributing to the rise of the cryptocurrencies and making Bitcoin as the King of the Hill so far.

Looking into the future...what do you think will be the scenario involving Bitcoin twenty years from now? Will Bitcoin be worth more than a million or will it ceased to exist? Or will a new crytocurrency replace the supremacy of Bitcoin...?

It is true that we are now experiencing the amazing convergence of technologies. Now 20 years from now I really don't know what's that gonna be looks like, the only thing I see by that time bitcoin has surely high value and everything is very high-tec, and  fully developed too. I guess there's no poor people  living in the street also when that comes.

Exactly, nobody knows what is gonna happen with Bitcoin after 20 years, but technology is developing, and I wish to see fast transactions. I hope the time for transaction will be minimized in the next 20 years, and as its growing now, I believe it will continue to grow and become many time costly than Gold.
As quoted none knows exactly what's gonna happen. 20 years time is something very long time period to make predictions. Some times we too might be unavailable by that time. Mostly bitcoin will be on the success path serving similar to the mainstream currency without opposition from governments.

The likelihood of bitcoin becoming accepted by the government is very high. But this kind of acceptance has some conditions and regulatory measures attached to it. The government will no allow that bitcoin will be used in money laundering, scams and other kinds of illicit activities. Thus to combat the illegal activities with the use of bitcoin the government will place policies, measures before the acceptance of bitcoin.
choppork

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 07:34:33 AM

Actually it is happening now. It is increasing drastically and I dont even expect this happening.
I thought it will go slow and steady upwards but it did not and somehow it is gettig a lot of attention now.
I dont really know if it is a good thing or not. For us, it is good for our investment are getting larger with its value. But what about those who are invested in different cutrency or commodities. What are they thinking now? Are they saying this is absurd?

That's just how markets move mostly when it's in its early stage. Remember when bitcoin was even younger? The price even rose to $1200 but fell down to $200. Today, a lot of people are holding their coins which makes bitcoin even more volatile. As the price increases, it will require more and more money to increase the price of bitcoin. It's not that surprising that we're at $1200 now since we've been here before. What'll be surprising is when we reach $2000 in just a few weeks and still be able to maintain the price.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 12:33:16 PM

That's just how markets move mostly when it's in its early stage. Remember when bitcoin was even younger? The price even rose to $1200 but fell down to $200. Today, a lot of people are holding their coins which makes bitcoin even more volatile. As the price increases, it will require more and more money to increase the price of bitcoin. It's not that surprising that we're at $1200 now since we've been here before. What'll be surprising is when we reach $2000 in just a few weeks and still be able to maintain the price.
That is right we already been here before and this is the 2nd time we are witnessing bitcoin to reach more than 1200$ price. Just like what happened before, i believe that bitcoin will dump again to a low price which we can a buy a lot and just wait for the next pump like this price. 2000$ is a high price and hard to reach for bitcoin and i think that price will be reach after a few years because bitcoin price is not that much stable.
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 12:37:13 PM

After 20 years it's hard to,say what will happen. Some predictions say that bitcoin could be worth like 5000$ and remains the strongest cryptocurrency, even equal to fiat money. But there is also possibility that the value drops and some other cryptocurrency replaces it. I hope for the first scenario.

malaj
bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 03:45:38 PM

I hope bitcoin will be stable 20 years from now ,stable with its price and up to date technologies . It may be possible to have a world that bitcoin will be accepted by all merchants and is internationally credited to be the best digital currency . I have high hope that bitcoin would still be decentralized so that the creation of it will not be in waste.
i think it not so easy to predict about bitcoin 20 years before but we can expect that the price of bitcoin will be too good after 20 years.
Because we are not a psychic, that's why its hard to predict. And even the true psychic people wouldn't predict it precisely because nobody knows what will happen tomorrow. but we can give speculation about it, perhaps after 20 years from now bitcoin is much adapted by most of the business in this world. Also the masses adapt Bitcoin by that time.
finity

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 04:10:53 PM

I hope bitcoin will be stable 20 years from now ,stable with its price and up to date technologies . It may be possible to have a world that bitcoin will be accepted by all merchants and is internationally credited to be the best digital currency . I have high hope that bitcoin would still be decentralized so that the creation of it will not be in waste.
i think it not so easy to predict about bitcoin 20 years before but we can expect that the price of bitcoin will be too good after 20 years.
Because we are not a psychic, that's why its hard to predict. And even the true psychic people wouldn't predict it precisely because nobody knows what will happen tomorrow. but we can give speculation about it, perhaps after 20 years from now bitcoin is much adapted by most of the business in this world. Also the masses adapt Bitcoin by that time.

If bitcoin survives that long then there is no doubt that it will be holding much higher price but no one knows how long it will survive and that makes bitcoins a very risky investment and there is a full possibility that it might get replaced by some other digital currency in future.
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 04:14:55 PM

Bitcoin keep growing as we can see the value keep growing means more investor interest on bitcoin
So for who already knew bitcoin earlier , they are lucky guy even they are millionaire at the moment

Smiley
salmanahmedone

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 05:48:32 PM

It is true that we are now experiencing the amazing convergence of technologies. Now 20 years from now I really don't know what's that gonna be looks like, the only thing I see by that time bitcoin has surely high value and everything is very high-tec, and  fully developed too. I guess there's no poor people  living in the street also when that comes.

Exactly, nobody knows what is gonna happen with Bitcoin after 20 years, but technology is developing, and I wish to see fast transactions. I hope the time for transaction will be minimized in the next 20 years, and as its growing now, I believe it will continue to grow and become many time costly than Gold.
As quoted none knows exactly what's gonna happen. 20 years time is something very long time period to make predictions. Some times we too might be unavailable by that time. Mostly bitcoin will be on the success path serving similar to the mainstream currency without opposition from governments.

Half of us writing here the future of bitcoins may not be even alive by 20 years to see the outcome of what they say.  20 Years is 2 decades and we cannot say if bitcoin will be there or something better might have replaced it.
kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 01:11:32 PM

It can be that people around the world are after 20 years are using bitcoin everywhere, whether in any restaurant, fast food, job wages  through bitcoin, all kinds of business are bitcoin accepted something like, that all government by each nation adopted the system of bitcoin. its only my perception,.
paul gatt

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 01:36:48 PM

It can be that people around the world are after 20 years are using bitcoin everywhere, whether in any restaurant, fast food, job wages  through bitcoin, all kinds of business are bitcoin accepted something like, that all government by each nation adopted the system of bitcoin. its only my perception,.

It is difficult to say ahead of time how far away in the future is. Bitcoin may be universal, which is quite possible, as there are already states that accept it, it has legal status and it can completely become the global currency of the world. . However, there are many changes in the market, so bitcoin can disappear forever, it is difficult to say before, time is always difficult to speculate.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 97 »
  Print  

Jump to: