Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:13:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 [494] 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
btc_uzr

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

let's have some fun

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 06:19:54 PM

This reseller stuff has a bad taste for me anyway.

Maybe it's just my understanding of a 'reseller' which does not fit at all to this concept...or maybe KNC's reseller concept is as weird as I perceive it (advertisement front line infantry almost for free) ?

It encourages people to convince (or even mislead and lie to) other people with the purpose of enforcing sales for KNC.
And all this in hope of the slightly chance that those clicking the reseller links will bookmark the reseller link and then even will make use of it when finally placing their order (instead of opening a browser and typing www.kncminer.com).

And even if 100's do so...how can you verify it and make sure KNC sticks to their promise and gives you all your devices earned ??
At least I'm not aware of any transparency regarding this at all and in case you are, I'd like you to share it.

I'm curios how many will get a free device at the end.

..and Thou shalt spread the coin in the name of cryptography for eternity

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 06:25:29 PM

Maybe it's just my understanding of a 'reseller' which does not fit at all to this concept...or maybe KNC's reseller concept is as weird as I perceive it (advertisement front line infantry almost for free) ?

It encourages people to convince (or even mislead and lie to) other people with the purpose of enforcing sales for KNC.

No different from hiring an ad agency or paying a spokesperson to endorse your product Undecided
Business is business.
r1senfa17h

Activity: 226

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 07:28:08 PM

I know overclocking has been discussed numerous times in this thread, but has anyone considered underclocking once it becomes prohibitively more expensive than electric costs? I could be wrong, but it seems that most chips are much more energy efficient at lower clock-rates. If that holds true for KnC's chips, then it would make sense to sacrifice hashing speed at the end of the miner's useful life.

For example, each chip may use 1.6w per GH/s at full-throttle (hopefully less). My electricity costs $0.13/KWh (USA - Michigan). Each GH/s costs me ~$0.15 per month in this scenario. Once the difficulty gets to the point where each GH/s is mining less than ~$0.15 worth of BTC/month (diff = ~12.5B), one could underclock by 50% and possibly achieve 0.8W/GH/s. At that efficiency, one would remain profitable until difficulty reached ~25B.

Of course, we're only talking a few more mBTC, but I hope to run my miner as long as possible!

1N3o5Kyvb4iECiJ3WKScKY8xTVXxf1hMvA
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 07:29:42 PM

“Currently we’re looking at 450 Th/sec that we expect to enter the network between September and the end of October,” Cole predicts. That will mean substantially increased difficulty as more miners come onstream.

Sam Cole KnC

http://www.coindesk.com/a-look-inside-kncminer/

That was back when they thought their products were 400GH.  So now that they might be 500GH?  Make it closer to 600TH I think?
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 07:32:36 PM

If anyone wants Day 1 Jupiters (3) we just cancelled our order and the refund is processing.  Keep an eye out on the https://www.kncminer.com/?resellerid=113 product page for these.
FYI.

https://www.kncminer.com/?resellerid=113

Ok, now your post makes sense
Kinda odd too...  Cancelling your orders, but trying to use your reseller id to get a freebee... lol

Depends how many have used that link. Maybe 3 free rigs replaced them. Nice profit on $0 investment..or maybe shipping only (as someone is bound to point out ).

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1041

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 07:38:29 PM

“Currently we’re looking at 450 Th/sec that we expect to enter the network between September and the end of October,” Cole predicts. That will mean substantially increased difficulty as more miners come onstream.

Sam Cole KnC

That was back when they thought their products were 400GH.  So now that they might be 500GH?  Make it closer to 600TH I think?

If they had sold 450 TH/s of 400GH/s miners that then turn out to be 600GH/s miners, that make the total ~675TH/s - a long way from 2PH/s still.

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
donch

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 07:40:25 PM

Sam Cole KnC

If they had sold 450 TH/s of 400GH/s miners that then turn out to be 600GH/s miners, that make the total ~675TH/s - a long way from 2PH/s still.

That article was written back in June. I imagine their sales are higher now, especially after all the BFL fails...

"How are you justifying these as fair use?  They are clearly and unequivocally a copyright violation."
"I really want to know how you justify that under the fair use doctrine?  It does not conform to a single point of fair use."
Josh whining about people reusing his studio portrait shot on this forum. Can you copyright a copyright complaint? All Paypal refunds are final.
btc_uzr

let's have some fun

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 08:03:40 PM

No different from hiring an ad agency or paying a spokesperson to endorse your product Undecided
Business is business.

At least in one point: you have to spend money for "an ad agency or a spokesperson" nevertheless it pays out for you.

This reseller program does not take into account those sales not using the reseller link when actually placing orders - so those are for free.
Further more it has the nice side effect that you do not need to pay anything at all for unsuccessful advertisement or speech which influences a buyers decision at the end - another freebee.

Beside of those sales provided you can't map to a reseller ID, how can one know how much orders have actually been placed through his reseller link ?
Honestly I do not expect KNC to betray their customers providing sales through reseller ID. I'm just wondering whether I got everything right and if there's some kind of transparency.

btc_uzr

let's have some fun

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 08:09:32 PM

Sam Cole KnC

That was back when they thought their products were 400GH.  So now that they might be 500GH?  Make it closer to 600TH I think?

That article was written back in June. I imagine their sales are higher now, especially after all the BFL fails...

Might be possible that this numbers is only the hashrate of the first 890 orders..as it would result in 450TH/s divided by 0,4 TH/s = 1125 Jupiters

*edit:
..and 890 is only day1+day2 as far as I know...?

crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 08:16:12 PM

Business is business.

At least in one point: you have to spend money for "an ad agency or a spokesperson" nevertheless it pays out for you.

This reseller program does not take into account those sales not using the reseller link when actually placing orders - so those are for free.
Further more it has the nice side effect that you do not need to pay anything at all for unsuccessful advertisement or speech which influences a buyers decision at the end - another freebee.

Result-based advertisement?  Kind'a like pay-per-click?

Beside of those sales provided you can't map to a reseller ID, how can one know how much orders have actually been placed through his reseller link ?
Honestly I do not expect KNC to betray their customers providing sales through reseller ID. I'm just wondering whether I got everything right and if there's some kind of transparency.

I'm sure if the buyer provides the reseller link when ordering, the reseller is credited -- why would the company risk their rep when link use could be easily verified (ask your friend to use your link, for instance)?  People are sending coin half way around the world, to people they aren't even sure exist, and you worry about reseller credits?
btc_uzr

let's have some fun

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 08:20:28 PM

I don't worry as I do not have a reseller ID  Wink
I'm wondering about the transparency. And yes in my eyes KNC is trustworthy.

FUKT

Activity: 446

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 09:44:27 PM

I highly doubt anyone is canceling.

It is sad that the nice folks here (since they are nice folks) keep trying to make this a positive thread yet become an unwitting partner in the trolling tango of FUD

Someone over at the KNC forum post a good explanation of this farce in the 'trust no one' post

True, people were speculating earlier on the difficulty going up 100,200 and 400% in a small period  due to KNC shipping. I think the only people who will be cancelling are the cointerra, hashfast etc etc customers
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 09:51:23 PM

It is sad that the nice folks here (since they are nice folks) keep trying to make this a positive thread yet become an unwitting partner in the trolling tango of FUD

Someone over at the KNC forum post a good explanation of this farce in the 'trust no one' post

True, people were speculating earlier on the difficulty going up 100,200 and 400% in a small period  due to KNC shipping. I think the only people who will be cancelling are the cointerra, hashfast etc etc customers

Personally the only people I see kicking up a fuss are actual known customers urging people to cancel, one name beginning with 'X' springs to mind, using the genesis block as a reason to support their argument, whilst not actually requesting a refund themselves. The rest actually believe the Genesis Block is an accurate portrayal which unfortunately just underlines the limited level of understanding of a lot of people on this forum, through choice mind. I mean they could actually easily understand there will be no exponential increase either month on month, or at any point. It will be a huge jump in the next few weeks, followed by a levelling off, the intro to 28nm, followed by little blips in futures that won't remotely resemble anything like this first initial jump. The current hashrate should; for all intents and purposes be a lot worse than now, but certain other companies got corrupt and failed to deliver, screwing the community. I understand many feel burnt, but so far KnC have been exemplary (that means very good).

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 09:57:38 PM

I keep seeing people mentioning the upcoming monarchs from BFL in with other companies adding to the increase...but I have to wonder who would trust them enough to (pre)order one ? I think people aren't so stupid as to ignore all the companies who have royally screwed customers this year (monarch may be an insider jest about them doing that?) ...so when KnC deliver on time and with better rigs than spec, wouldn't prudent buyers wait that few months for a gen 2 that may give them a chance to break even because it will at least arrive in good time? Who takes a risk when they can avoid it?

If this is even half true then a lot of this increase might be delayed until KnC gen 2 ..which is early 2014..
If I wasn't already waiting and was looking to buy a rig now, I'd see how KnC performed compare to the others ...and probably go with the one that was trustworthy with the additional bonus that gen 2 won't be the 1st attempt so should run smoother.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
joae1975

Activity: 752

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 10:03:35 PM

I keep seeing people mentioning the upcoming monarchs from BFL in with other companies adding to the increase...but I have to wonder who would trust them enough to (pre)order one ? I think people aren't so stupid as to ignore all the companies who have royally screwed customers this year (monarch may be an insider jest about them doing that?) ...so when KnC deliver on time and with better rigs than spec, wouldn't prudent buyers wait that few months for a gen 2 that may give them a chance to break even because it will at least arrive in good time? Who takes a risk when they can avoid it?

If this is even half true then a lot of this increase might be delayed until KnC gen 2 ..which is early 2014..
If I wasn't already waiting and was looking to buy a rig now, I'd see how KnC performed compare to the others ...and probably go with the one that was trustworthy with the additional bonus that gen 2 won't be the 1st attempt so should run smoother.
Just speculation but KNC gen 2 will be the same as gen 1.  Maybe they'll add a logo sticker in with the package.  That and they're not going to overclock future Jupiter orders. I have a feeling they're doing that just to reward early adopters/customers.

1PewuG8KZJUPK3CtvAkAs1Uw42rQgUv5Jk
nightengale

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 10:05:10 PM

That and they're not going to overclock future Jupiter orders. I have a feeling they're doing that just to reward early adopters/customers.

Has there been definitive confirmation of this?
Vedran Yoweri

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 10:08:26 PM

True, people were speculating earlier on the difficulty going up 100,200 and 400% in a small period  due to KNC shipping. I think the only people who will be cancelling are the cointerra, hashfast etc etc customers

Personally the only people I see kicking up a fuss are actual known customers urging people to cancel, one name beginning with 'X' springs to mind, using the genesis block as a reason to support their argument, whilst not actually requesting a refund themselves. The rest actually believe the Genesis Block is an accurate portrayal which unfortunately just underlines the limited level of understanding of a lot of people on this forum, through choice mind. I mean they could actually easily understand there will be no exponential increase either month on month, or at any point. It will be a huge jump in the next few weeks, followed by a levelling off, the intro to 28nm, followed by little blips in futures that won't remotely resemble anything like this first initial jump. The current hashrate should; for all intents and purposes be a lot worse than now, but certain other companies got corrupt and failed to deliver, screwing the community. I understand many feel burnt, but so far KnC have been exemplary (that means very good).

They could become legendary if they will also "under promise, over deliver" on the shipping date.
ASIC-K

Activity: 280

Hell?

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 10:09:35 PM

That and they're not going to overclock future Jupiter orders. I have a feeling they're doing that just to reward early adopters/customers.

Has there been definitive confirmation of this?

ahhh people take everything so literally!! if the chips run at 500ghs, then why would november deliveries be any different?!!? use your heads people....
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 10:19:18 PM

Just speculation but KNC gen 2 will be the same as gen 1.  Maybe they'll add a logo sticker in with the package.  That and they're not going to overclock future Jupiter orders. I have a feeling they're doing that just to reward early adopters/customers.

I doubt it. Gen 1 is a rush job. While a talented team can do a pretty damn good job in a short time, there is always more that can be done for optimization. I would suspect that the gen 1 chip has a LOT of redundancy that could be either put to use for more hashpower or straight up eliminated for the sake of power consumption with a bit of time to redesign. The smaller die size doesn't mean that it's fully optimized. In fact, that smaller die size gives you a lot more room to fudge, which seems to fit in with their entire philosophy to date.

That being said, discounting the big rush right now, I would imagine they were working both designs in parallel to be ready for gen 2 quickly. I would guess that their first chip is a rough draft with a lot of room for improvement. There's an old truism that goes like this:

Q. When is an engineering project finished?
A1. Never
A2. When marketing says it is!
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 10:19:29 PM

use your heads people....

Why start now?
Pages: « 1 ... 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 [494] 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: