Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:37:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 [511] 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:47:53 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2013, 07:58:11 AM by Bitcoinorama

For KNC to compete with Bitfury they should have delivered weeks ago, now it's simply too late. KNC first said they would deliver this Summer, then it became September and now it's (hopefully) before the end of September. I know it's a tight schedule, but Bitfury has shown they can deliver when they say they can deliver, KNC so far has not. Hashrate would need to be over 600Gh/s and power consumption under 600W to compete with Bitfury, I don't see that happening.

End of Summer was mentioned before Jupiter, Saturn or Mercury were even proposed, way before they even asked for funds, when they were gauging initial interest. From the moment they opened sales it has always been end of September. KnC has not shown they can deliver when they say they can deliver, as they still have days left. Even so, I won't begrudge them a few days if the weekend troubles their delivery of packaged chips. We'll have to see. It's a crucial week.

Bitfury promised August. A lot of forum members expressed interest at his time of pre sale, I was here reading and remember the interest and who claimed to be keen on purchasing, yet I hear and see very little anecdotal evidence on this forum now and it's late September. I expect Metabank to have something to show, but where are all those members who purchased pre-orders? Why are they so quiet? Where's the videos of their products hashing? Where are they? It takes a minute to make a video on an iPhone and upload it to YouTube. I know this, because I did just that at the KnC open day. I'm not 100% convinced with Bitfury due to the lack of threads and posts by forum members showing multiple units in existence, in their hands, hashing and the true power consumption Vs. hashrate, which would be a given if they exist.

Do you honestly think this lot; customers in this thread that will be receiving physical units in the next few weeks won't post pictures, video and plenty of evidence once they have them?? of course they will, it's a given! And the greatest advertisement for the company, real user feedback! yet Bitfury's is so quiet.

Avalon only produced batches of 300 and they had loads of vocal content, and even more discontent.

All I read is heresay with respect to Bitfury of what has arguabley been a momentous achievement for a sole guy, but where is the hard evidence from multiple buyers that reside on this forum with their products in hand hashing as the speeds claimed, at the power consumption claimed?

I'm not trying to be difficult, it's a reasonable expectation, and a sensible request. The facts seem too thin to provide conclusive proof for someone who is meant to have won a bitbet and been shipping for well over a month. It does not add up, when he is mining at such prolific hashrate for himself.

How about you check up on Bitfury miner's specs yourself? It's out there in the open, nothing secret about it.

I have nothing against Bitfury, I've never had anything negative to say about them, but as above, why the lack of hard evidence from real users if Bitfury and Metabank have delivered as claimed at the specs claimed. I see their 100TH mine churning away, no idea how much hardware that's using, I see no multiple forum member real rig videos depicting hashrate, and crucially power consumption in volume. Where is all the empirical visual chip performance evidence if the products exist and behave as claimed?

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:04:04 AM

Probably because those of us that have Bitfury rigs are busier mining than photographing - the hardware is real and has been delivered in a timely fashion.  I know, I'm running some of it.  I'm hoping that KNC does as good a job getting things out in a timely fashion.  I have more than just a couple of Jupiters I'm waiting on.

I'm also not going to be disappointed if my Jupiters just meet the 400 Gh/s spec and at least some of them get shipped the last day in September - anything more or earlier would be considered a bonus....
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:11:34 AM

For KNC to compete with Bitfury they should have delivered weeks ago, now it's simply too late. KNC first said they would deliver this Summer, then it became September and now it's (hopefully) before the end of September. I know it's a tight schedule, but Bitfury has shown they can deliver when they say they can deliver, KNC so far has not. Hashrate would need to be over 600Gh/s and power consumption under 600W to compete with Bitfury, I don't see that happening.

End of Summer was mentioned before Jupiter, Saturn or Mercury were even proposed, way before they even asked for funds, when they were gauging initial interest. From the moment they opened sales it has always been end of September. KnC has not shown they can deliver when they say they can deliver, as they still have days left. Even so, I won't begrudge them a few days if the weekend troubles their delivery of packaged chips. We'll have to see. It's a crucial week.

Bitfury promised August. A lot of forum members expressed interest at his time of pre sale, I was here reading and remember the interest and who claimed to be keen on purchasing, yet I hear and see very little anecdotal evidence on this forum now and it's late September. I expect Metabank to have something to show, but where are all those members who purchased pre-orders? Why are they so quiet? Where's the videos of their products hashing? Where are they? It takes a minute to make a video on an iPhone and upload it to YouTube. I know this, because I did just that at the KnC open day. I'm not 100% convinced with Bitfury due to the lack of threads and posts by forum members showing multiple units in existence, in their hands, hashing and the true power consumption Vs. hashrate, which would be a given if they exist.

Do you honestly think this lot; customers in this thread that will be receiving physical units in the next few weeks won't post pictures, video and plenty of evidence once they have them?? of course they will, it's a given! And the greatest advertisement for the company, real user feedback! yet Bitfury's is so quiet.

Avalon only produced batches of 300 and they had loads of vocal content, and even more discontent.

All I read is heresay with respect to Bitfury of what has arguabley been a momentous achievement for a sole guy, but where is the hard evidence from multiple buyers that reside on this forum with their products in hand hashing as the speeds claimed, at the power consumption claimed?

I'm not trying to be difficult, it's a reasonable expectation, and a sensible request. The facts seem too thin to provide conclusive proof for someone who is meant to have won a bitbet and been shipping for well over a month. It does not add up, when he is mining at such prolific hashrate for himself.

How about you check up on Bitfury miner's specs yourself? It's out there in the open, nothing secret about it.

I have nothing against Bitfury, I've never had anything negative to say about them, but as above, why the lack of hard evidence from real users if Bitfury and Metabank have delivered as claimed at the specs claimed. I see their 100TH mine churning away, no idea how much hardware that's using, I see no multiple forum member real rig videos depicting hashrate, and crucially power consumption in volume. Where is all the empirical visual chip performance evidence if the products exist and behave as claimed?

Are you high?  Seriously!  No discussion of people getting their Bitfurys and mining with them?  I have a starter kit with two hashing boards right in front of me.  Want proof?  I'm not giving it to you.  But just browse the forum for 10 seconds for active Bitfury threads and you'll see all of the proof you need.

And just curious, if Bitfury is just make-believe, then why has the network hash rate increased so sharply the past 2 difficulty changes?

This has to be the strangest post I've ever read on bitcointalk.  You probably should see someone because I don't think your meds are working anymore.  Roll Eyes
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:15:42 AM

Probably because those of us that have Bitfury rigs are busier mining than photographing - the hardware is real and has been delivered in a timely fashion.  I know, I'm running some of it.  I'm hoping that KNC does as good a job getting things out in a timely fashion.  I have more than just a couple of Jupiters I'm waiting on.

I'm also not going to be disappointed if my Jupiters just meet the 400 Gh/s spec and at least some of them get shipped the last day in September - anything more or earlier would be considered a bonus....

Cool, but can you please upload a video for the rest of us wit respect to it's performance? This is meant to be a community here and we'd all love to see some real user evidence.

It takes moments to do, mining isn't really something that keeps you too busy to not share evidence in a community burnt so many times before.

Again I've never had a bad word to say about Bitfury, all the evidence seems to suggest he has been exemplary, there is just a lot of praise and very little I dependant visual proof.

If you could do this, that would be awesome.

It would take you 5 minutes tops with a smartphone and a clear shot of the hardware hashing against CGminer.

I just want to see definitive chip performance against true power consumption.

Please Redacted.

I just see no reason why such evidence is hard to come by if he is meant to be shipping in volume, and we still cannot get a definitive answer on true power consumption at a chip level with respect to hashrate when the device exists and is actually hashing.

xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:19:56 AM

Probably because those of us that have Bitfury rigs are busier mining than photographing - the hardware is real and has been delivered in a timely fashion.  I know, I'm running some of it.  I'm hoping that KNC does as good a job getting things out in a timely fashion.  I have more than just a couple of Jupiters I'm waiting on.

Cool, but can you please upload a video for the rest of us wit respect to it's performance? This is meant to be a community here and we'd all love to see some real user evidence.

It takes moments to do, mining isn't really something that keeps you too busy to not share evidence in a community burnt so many times before.

Again I've never had a bad word to say about Bitfury, all the evidence seems to suggest he has been exemplary, there is just a lot of praise and very little I dependant visual proof.

If you could do this, that would be awesome.

It would take you 5 minutes tops with a smartphone and a clear shot of the hardware hashing against CGminer.

I just want to see definitive chip performance against true power consumption.

Please Redacted.

I just see no reason why such evidence is non-existent of he is meant to be shipping in volume, and we still cannot get a definitive answer on true power consumption at a chip level with respect to hashrate when the device exists and is actually hashing.

You can't use CGMiner or BFGMiner with Bitfury.  It comes with an rPi with its own mining software.

Please go read through some of the many Bitfury threads.  The evidence is there.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:59:11 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2013, 09:09:22 AM by Phoenix1969

Probably because those of us that have Bitfury rigs are busier mining than photographing - the hardware is real and has been delivered in a timely fashion.  I know, I'm running some of it.  I'm hoping that KNC does as good a job getting things out in a timely fashion.  I have more than just a couple of Jupiters I/'m waiting on.

Time for a poke!
So, what are you saying there..?...  
Staring at the mining window takes so much time, you don't have enough time to take a little vid or pic?...
Or does the Bitfury miner require you to do so much, you actually don't have the time?
Sounds like you've been assimilated to me... Wink
Sounds also like you may spend countless hours fiddling with the flags for optimum speed all day?
I can see myself doing that too, lol  Like "The good ol' days" of GPU mining

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
-Redacted-

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 09:18:57 AM

Bitfury in the background hashing with 2 cards.

Top three lines are my hashrate chart on BTCGuild - I run my BF as three separate workers.  Bottom lines are BEs banks that I rotate around..

Nonce rate on the admin page.

hashrate

unboxing back on Sept 4th

They can be overclocked from 25 GH/s to 30-35 Gh/s with two swipes of a pencil....

Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 09:21:49 AM

sweetness.... good man...   looks like Christmas around there!

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
kevinm

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

This is not good for my Chi... Yifu

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 09:27:50 AM

You can't use CGMiner or BFGMiner with Bitfury.  It comes with an rPi with its own mining software.

Please go read through some of the many Bitfury threads.  The evidence is there.

The USB BF1 miners run on bfgminer

cheers,
kev
-Redacted-

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 09:32:04 AM

Holy Cow, Kevin.  How many of those 20 port hubs and BF-USBs are you running there ??
kevinm

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 09:38:34 AM

I am down to about 80 miners now.
As ppl order them, I just unplug them and send them out.

cheers,
kev
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 09:42:57 AM

Redacted and Kevin, thank you for taking the time to do that. Purely because I haven't doubted Bitfury I'm somewhat out of touch there as it would mean reading up on a lot around a product that hadn't troubled me. I openly congratulated Putin in the thread at the time. My concern was that I have heard a lot of variance with respect to W/Gh/s from 0.6-1.0, obviously there a other components on the USB boards that I've seen a video of, but I just want a definitive answer with proof of what the chip itself is stable at with respect to power consumption and hashrate as everyone appears to have a difference of opinion and video evidence is lacking.

-Redacted-

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 09:48:09 AM

No problem BC.  Don't have a picture for you, but I seem to remember when I checked the BF after getting everything all setup, it was pulling about 45-47 watts at the wall - not much of a load on that 750 watt PSU.  Drawing a little heavier than it might otherwise be now due to the overclock.

Looking forward to unboxing a few Jupiters and Saturns in the very near future!!
kevinm

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 10:27:00 AM

I would estimate 0.92W per Gh on the BF1 USB miner.

cheers,
kev
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 11:34:07 AM

How does one restart the stratum every hour and is that all it takes?

+1

Do you mean just quitting and restarting?

Is there not a more appropriate thread to post in ?

I posted the restart procedure some pages before (in a rather arrogant way, for which I want to apologize).
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.msg3200899#msg3200899

and

But this needs to move over the to the Bitfury support thread and out of KNC, I think.....

definitely. But isn't this thread a mishmash of (nearly) lost hopes already?  Cheesy

@Bitcoinorama: Have a look at the bitfury support threads. It's unbelievable what these guys pull out of their chips https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=287590.msg3079405#msg3079405

Finally, I would like to take the opportunity to invite you to my tip-jar thread for BSFB. Integrity should be rewarded.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=297297.msg3189976#msg3189976
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 11:44:41 AM

still no video:

We will even have some videos this week from our Swedish assembly factory as some of our smaller parts begin to be assembled ready for full production the minute the chips arrive.

Sad Sad Sad

tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 11:52:19 AM

Next week Bitfury will start to ship october kits.

I didnt see a picture of a single hashing knc unit, but yet some people who ordered knc are demanding pictures of bitfury units?

Boy, I am glad so much people ordered knc. Cheesy
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 12:03:02 PM

I didnt see a picture of a single hashing knc unit, but yet some people who ordered knc are demanding pictures of bitfury units?

Only because they are already meant to be out in the wild, and I hadn't seen any myself showing hashing power and power consumption for his chip, yet heard a range of numbers for both variables. That said KnC wants to be showing hashing units soon, as promised.

klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 12:09:02 PM

Only because they are already meant to be out in the wild, and I hadn't seen any myself showing hashing power and power consumption for his chip, yet heard a range of numbers for both variables. That said KnC wants to be showing hashing units soon, as promised.
Will be any proof of the chips working before they start shipping? I don't remember and I hate to search this sorry...
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 12:23:16 PM

Will be any proof of the chips working before they start shipping? I don't remember and I hate to search this sorry...

Of course - against people's wallets, again as promised, and I dare say a video, as it's really not hard to upload one!

Pages: « 1 ... 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 [511] 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: