Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:39:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 [516] 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049460 times)
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:03:25 PM

Are those pics from KnC? Why would they break their well established image of professionalism with this "two amateurs building a datacenter" picture collection?

No, its my hand. I cut it on purpose, so I can post this picture.

Wilson!

I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:06:47 PM

LOL...  Castaway...  Interesting movie...
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:08:35 PM

I know we've been over this before.  There's basically 3 groups of people, imho.  Day 1 production, day 2, and everyone else.

ASIC manufacturers - the ones that will make a ton of money

day 1 production - the ones that will see ROI

day 2 and everyone else - suckers
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:09:20 PM

Are those pics from KnC? Why would they break their well established image of professionalism with this "two amateurs building a datacenter" picture collection?

Sam and Andreas are IT architects, they've created datacentres for huge financial institutions for over a decade each. This is their specialty. I'd give them a little more credit than 'two amateurs'. The CS reps acting as builders are amateurs, but they look like they got their sh*t together and nailed it, or err...at least 'drilled it', and that out of focus corner in the background looks pretty damn spiteful to be fair.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Meizirkki

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:13:58 PM

On the contrary - this looks more like a couple professionals building a data center.  People scream for pictures.  People get pictures.  People scream "how unprofessional".
pics where they actually do something are neutral to positive, but a bleeding hand? Really? Wink

Fwiw, I'd be totally satisfied with zero pics published to date.
vesperwillow

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:15:20 PM

On the contrary - this looks more like a couple professionals building a data center.  People scream for pictures.  People get pictures.  People scream "how unprofessional".  And you wonder why they don't release chip pictures?  All the armchair EEs would be trolling in a second.  Too big.  Too small.  Too many pins.  Should have done it differently.

Jesus, save us all from idiots, please...

+1

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:15:39 PM

On the contrary - this looks more like a couple professionals building a data center.  People scream for pictures.  People get pictures.  People scream "how unprofessional".
pics where they actually do something are neutral to positive, but a bleeding hand? Really? Wink

Fwiw, I'd be totally satisfied with zero pics published to date.

haha please, you may be, but those demanding pics, and pics, and pics, and trolls out for blood, well now they got it. Two birds killed with one stone!! Tongue

tarmi
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:24:26 PM

Cool, but can you please upload a video for the rest of us wit respect to it's performance? This is meant to be a community here and we'd all love to see some real user evidence.

It takes moments to do, mining isn't really something that keeps you too busy to not share evidence in a community burnt so many times before.

Again I've never had a bad word to say about Bitfury, all the evidence seems to suggest he has been exemplary, there is just a lot of praise and very little I dependant visual proof.

haha please, you may be, but those demanding pics, and pics, and pics, and trolls out for blood, well now they got it. Two birds killed with one stone!! Tongue

wow, demanding pics and videos of working Bitfury units for the sake of the "community that burnt so many times before" and praising KnC for posting some vague pictures of their data center 5 days before deadline...

that is a winner!

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:33:59 PM

Cool, but can you please upload a video for the rest of us wit respect to it's performance? This is meant to be a community here and we'd all love to see some real user evidence.

It takes moments to do, mining isn't really something that keeps you too busy to not share evidence in a community burnt so many times before.

Again I've never had a bad word to say about Bitfury, all the evidence seems to suggest he has been exemplary, there is just a lot of praise and very little I dependant visual proof.

wow, demanding pics and videos of working Bitfury units for the sake of the "community that burnt so many times before" and praising KnC for posting some vague pictures of their data center 5 days before october is a winner!

Nope they have till the other-side of the weekend. In the mean time, they look relaxed, happy, and unstressed.

From experience on this forum, most characters hide their faces, then when something goes wrong, or not to plan, they disappear, and hide. Do you get that impression from these photos? Or do you see a group of hardworking guys (and girl!) having fun? And most importantly getting shit done.

Are you going to begrudge them enjoying themselves? You can see Marcus looks focused on the job at hand and that is blatantly a lot of hard work performed right there. If it wasn't a completed hosting facility i'd be concerned.

They say they are on time. They promised to give daily updates *if* they are late. I have no beef with them this side of September. If they produce no hashing video by next Monday, then they need to speak up. If they have no hashing video by a week or two after, then it's time to get concerned. So in the mean time, i'm all smiles and glad they enjoy their work. For those wanting Sam at his desk at nights, and weekends? Why?! He's waiting for the same things you are. Why drive yourself mad?

jmw74

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:38:26 PM

Nope they have till the other-side of the weekend. In the mean time, they look relaxed, happy, and unstressed.

From experience on this forum, most characters hide their faces, then when something goes wrong, or not to plan, they disappear, and hide. Do you get that impression from these photos? Or do you see a group of hardworking guys (and girl!) having fun? And most importantly getting shit done.

Are you going to begrudge them enjoying themselves? You can see Marcus looks focused on the job at hand and that is blatantly a lot of hard work performed right there. If it wasn't a completed hosting facility i'd be concerned.

They say they are on time. They promised to give daily updates *if* they are late. I have no beef with them this side of September. If they produce no hashing video by next Monday, then they need to speak up. If they have no hashing video by a week or two after, then it's time to get concerned. So in the mean time, i'm all smiles and glad they enjoy their work. For those wanting Sam at his desk at nights, and weekends? Why?! He's waiting for the same things you are. Why drive yourself mad?

That was what I noticed too.  These don't look like people who are behind schedule and bracing for lots of angry customers and refunds. 

The tone of those pictures probably says more about their ability to deliver than pictures of chips would.
tarmi
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:40:10 PM

Josh_BFL/Yifu are relaxed and happy in photos too. They are not hiding at all.

I dont blame them> if I were Yifu, I would be very relaxed and happy too.

If they produce no hashing video by next Monday, then they need to speak up. If they have no hashing video by a week or two after, then it's time to get concerned.

You mean if they dont ship by next monday? sorry, but hashing video is not good enough.
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:44:31 PM

Will we need a stratum-mining-proxy to avoid getwork penalties on Slush with KnC machines?  Would restarting the mining proxy hourly give a similar return improvement with KnC machines?  I don't think this would be hijacking the thread but for those who think it might, sorry.

cgminer (the software that KnC has said they are using) is fluent in Stratum.

no proxy needed

Will a PSU Tester like this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PC-20-24-Pin-PSU-ATX-SATA-HD-Power-Supply-Tester-/320615128503

do the trick and power on the miner?

That should work.
All they do is measure the voltages.

The testers that are _NOT_ apropriate for long term use are testers that test under load.
They make your power supply work hard to see if there are under load problems

They will get as hot as anything else that is consuming 500-1500 watts.

They typically cost LOTS more than the voltage measuring testers that people have posted.

EDIT: there are inexpensive 'load' testers that are to be AVOIDED for this application.
an example is here
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16899200003&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-PC+tools%2f+Testers-_-N82E16899200003&gclid=CP-kk8_d4LkCFeIRMwod4RcAOA

And here are a couple good power supply load tester pron links (for those interested in such things)
http://www.corsair.com/us/blog/load-testing-the-ax1200i-digital-atx-psu/
http://www.silentpcreview.com/article148-page1.html

YMMV

Soon!
Smiley

Late last night in the wee  hours of the morning I realized KnC is using cgminer which has stratum+tcp://
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:45:17 PM

Josh_BFL/Yifu are relaxed and happy in photos too. They are not hiding at all.

I dont blame them> if I were Yifu, I would be very relaxed and happy too.

Sorry, where is Yifu exactly? He's been AWOL since July, his recent flyby's to announce he is not dead, do not count and don't install confidence, nor give any remote explanation as to WTF Bitsyncom have been playing at. Certainly giving refunds for monies used to bankroll his ventures don't cut it either.

If they produce no hashing video by next Monday, then they need to speak up. If they have no hashing video by a week or two after, then it's time to get concerned.

You mean if they dont ship by next monday? sorry, but hashing video is not good enough.

Tarmi, are you a KnC customer? I want my units, but if they are on the significant side of generosity with respect 400gh/s and a week late, I may just forgive, seeing as they are at the bequest of the packaging co, and couriers, esp. as the 30th falls directly next to a weekend.

soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:50:27 PM

I plan to go to the bitcoin conference in Amsterdam between the 25-29th what is the chance that KNCMINER will ship while I am gone? Tongue
//DeaDTerra

Wonder if KnC will be represented at the Bitcoin conference in Atlanta Oct. 5th.
Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:51:49 PM

wow, demanding pics and videos of working Bitfury units for the sake of the "community that burnt so many times before" and praising KnC for posting some vague pictures of their data center 5 days before deadline...

that is a winner!

Man you are annyoing! they posted those pictures on their own forum, for their community and on topic for people who paid good (and a lot of) money for a professional datacenter.
    Home>    KnCMiner customer support forum>    KnCMiner Hosting>    KnCMiner Pool
So these people have every right to praise those pics any way they want!
As for the comparison to the working Bitfury units - There was much talk about people having them and hashing and power consumption but no pictures. Do you see any-fucking-one here pretending to have a Unit or knowing the exact power specs? No? One wonders why the fuck you are here when all you do is point out that your "calculations"  tell you that everyone here except day one is a "sucker", bitcoinorama (who spent a lot of time and money to verify the veracity of the company for the community) is a "winner" and complain about KNC posting pictures of their datacenter being made ready for the miners 5 days before the "deadline".

I took the freedom to search for a definition for you:
deadline: the time by which something must be finished or submitted; the latest time for finishing something

So you said it yourself, they still have 5 days. It's fucking Monday 4PM in Sweden. Give them some time and just stfu if you have nothing productive or non-insulting to say.
tarmi
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:02:43 PM

Sorry, where is Yifu?

I dont know, nor do I care. The point is that we all know what Josh/Yifu did last summer and they are still active, running businesses and all...

Tarmi, are you a KnC customer?

I will not answer, simply because that question has no relevance to the matter.

that is just like asking> bitcoinrama, are you on knc's pay list?
Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:10:16 PM

Sorry, where is Yifu?

I dont know, nor do I care.

With that Post - Welcome to my Ignorance Generates NOthing Relevant Ever - List!
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:13:19 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2013, 03:13:44 PM by alfabitcoin

Who is not on the following knc order list? Bitcoinorama, have you missed that thread? Please update all of you who missed it.... How many Jupiter and Saturn has KNC sold (estimate) for sep/oct delivery?
Can serve a lot for diff prediction.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=249065.0
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:28:44 PM

Sorry, where is Yifu?

I dont know, nor do I care. The point is that we all know what Josh/Yifu did last summer and they are still active, running businesses and all...

Yifu is not actively running any kind of a business. Come to think of it, neither is Josh, albeit he has some kind of product shipping, just apparently not out of the front door, but the back...Wink

Nope, and I never have been, and I've stated this numerous times. They have asked me to work for them, which I have agreed to, if they prove a working product. Integrity wise I will not prior, and neither have I ever told anyone to purchase from them, or anyone else until such time as they have a working product, at which point i'd be a fool not to. I've only ever shared my own decisions, research and reasoning, and been straight the entire time. Booyah.

vesperwillow

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:37:42 PM

If by that you mean, Josh deleting threads and posts on the forums and claiming there's no issues and no complaints being filed.. then by all means, yes he is.

Pages: « 1 ... 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 [516] 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: