Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:40:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 [518] 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
jungle_dave

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:49:10 PM

You know as interesting as this whole flame is....

From what it looks like to me KnC has a chip and a PCB! Thats already better then most, really!
Any idea on what there production line a can handle a week?
I think I missed that a few hundred pages ago..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:53:16 PM

Of course. I was one of the first to make a decision based on the research I did before they sold. I'm also going to pick-up in person and write a part-three for fun. People wanted a trilogy, so it'll be more entertaining to have some solid product facts to write about.

well, you did a good job and you deserved your unit, and you should continue with your PR work after receiving your unit.

Lol, honestly that's not why i've been this active here. I wanted to learn and be part of the cryptocurrency movement. It ultimately is where finance is going, and I have experience in disruptive finance and engineering. I care less about the ASIC era, as it is a blip in the scheme of things, but I was getting pissed at the volume of scams earlier this year, and the misleading advertising that still continues with promising best case scenarios. I'm also enraged by the lack of responsibility people have towards their wealth. It's precisely why we got into the mess we did this past decade trusting other people to manage our money. no one will give a shit about your cash more than yourself, but there are steps companies can take to provide you with a safer and more secure purchase, so you won't lose out months down the line. Again, because KnC have been the only ones actively focused on behaving fair and accountable, does not make me a shill, but it makes you wonder wtf no other 'competitor' will not behave this way? The lack of decent competition is not KnC's fault, but it sure as hell has been a blessing for them. They could take the low road and screw everyone, but they want to bulid a long-term business, apparently few if anyone else wants this. It's bizarre. Bitcoin is a burgeoning industry,a nd only a handful of companies are playing fair, of which only one or two exist in mining.

Hey again.

In light of the above (and your many efforts on the subject) do you have an opinion on Black Arrow? Pretty good prices, from what I've seen, and as of today paypal.

Also, sent you a PM.
bbxx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 04:54:41 PM

You know as interesting as this whole flame is....

From what it looks like to me KnC has a chip and a PCB! Thats already better then most, really!
Any idea on what there production line a can handle a week?
I think I missed that a few hundred pages ago..

They have no working chip in hands,
They have not tested boards, termals and production process.
They are in forest but on shedule...
Roi is already gone but shills are dancing.
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:55:58 PM

Hey again.

In light of the above (and your many efforts on the subject) do you have an opinion on Black Arrow? Pretty good prices, from what I've seen, and as of today paypal.

Also, sent you a PM.

This isn't the place to muse about competitors products. We could spend all day talking about Cointerra, BFL, ActiveMiner, etc - the thread is long enough without that.

canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:57:37 PM

How many units have you bought, bbxx?  http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/maryfeelings/default/just-kill-yourself--large-msg-130702468304.jpg

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 04:59:41 PM

Well done KNC

Finally, a post that gives me confidence that Camp KnC is viable.

<see what I did there?>
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 05:01:16 PM

ohh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IdiBynh8Wo
bbxx

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 05:02:59 PM

I bought some of Jupiter shares but sold with 15% profit.
I bought some of bitfury shares but sold with 30% loss.

I am going to buy some knc hardware when prices will be like cost + 10% margin like on the normal world.
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 05:05:01 PM

Lol, honestly that's not why i've been this active here.

The lack of decent competition is not KnC's fault

please stop with that marketing bs.

you sound like a marketing bot and you are insulting intelligence, because KnC didnt ship anything, and as far as I am concerned bitfury lacks decent competition, not KnC.

Now, with all those bitfury kits coming out this week and with this ASIC bubble going I am worried that only you and the ones who ordered first will see some ROI.

No point to order now any ASIC...
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 05:10:22 PM

Hey again.

Also, sent you a PM.

This isn't the place to muse about competitors products. We could spend all day talking about Cointerra, BFL, ActiveMiner, etc - the thread is long enough without that.

Well, someone back at page 500 was hoping the hashrate was going to be equal to the number of pages on shipping day. Just doin' my part :LoL
gateway

Activity: 552

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 05:15:52 PM

Coming up on another diff change...

Current Blocks: 259672 | Current Difficulty: 112628548.66635 | Next Difficulty At Block: 260063 | Next Difficulty In: 391 blocks | Next Difficulty In About: 1 day, 22 hours, 55 minutes, and 12 seconds | Next Difficulty Estimate: 145649858.39359674 | Estimated Percent Change: 29.3187740748
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 05:28:31 PM

Lol, honestly that's not why i've been this active here.

The lack of decent competition is not KnC's fault

please stop with that marketing bs.

you sound like a marketing bot and you are insulting intelligence, because KnC didnt ship anything, and as far as I am concerned bitfury lacks decent competition, not KnC.

Now, with all those bitfury kits coming out this week and with this ASIC bubble going I am worried that only you and the ones who ordered first will see some ROI.

No point to order now any ASIC...

What marketing BS?! We knew Bitfury was going to exist months back. I never doubted the guy. The biggest upset was Bitsyncom, most of their hashrate never appeared. Anyone who had orders elsewhere stand in a better position, well except BFL, but we already knew that, and I never wanted peeps to loose out with Bitsyncom. Their money and trust was sincere and genuine, and he had for al intents and purposes a proven product. The funny thing is nothing changed about me this entire time, just because I took a bullet for visiting people have always had a hang-up on me having nefarious intention, which, and this is utterly hysterical for me, I never, ever have. I went for myself, and relayed what I saw. I then made some predictions based on common sense fact on KnC and some other companies, and have been write every time. So unless I have had a crystal ball, it's safe to say there's been a common sense method to my madness. Some peope here are just having a hard time accepting this. Props to Bitfury, I just would rather want to deal with the source and not intermediary distributors who are unknowns, I stated that at the time. In a week we'll know if KnC can deliver. Nothings changed, except the difficulty is currently no where near where it should be by now.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 05:38:59 PM

So, let's review the video again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IdiBynh8Wo

"Is getting closer"

"Our PCBs are being populated"

"KnCminer"

Now let's examine the previous statements by KnCminer:

https://www.kncminer.com/news

Chip News
9/17/2013 6:29:00 AM
All,

You have all been waiting for an update on our chips and we can today announce that the Fabrication process has finished and the wafers are on their way to the packing assembly house right now. They will be in the assembly house for a few days before they make their way to us in Sweden  and of course via the fastest method possible. (...) While it’s going to be a tight and we always knew it was. (...) We will even have some videos this week from our Swedish assembly factory as some of our smaller parts begin to be assembled ready for full production the minute the chips arrive. (...) The first chips off of the production line we will run at full speed in our launch video so you can all see exactly how fast we can make Jupiter run.

Thanks
KnCMiner Team

Well, people behind KncMiner has been aware of the fact they will miss their September deadline from the onset. Did you read what they said? Let me repeat to you: "While it’s going to be a tight and we always knew it was." They are saying they always knew the timeframe to deliver a finished product would be difficult to cope with.

The another interesting fact said by KnCminer was that they would have "videos this week from our Swedish assembly factory as some of our smaller parts begin to be assembled". That is completely true and the last video published by them correlates to this statement. Notice what they state in the video, "Is getting closer", in other words, they are coming closer to start assemble the small parts on the finished printed circuit board (PCB). That is not a "getting closer" to finally test a fully working PCB with the so expected ASIC chips. That is a "getting closer" to complete the PCB with the "smaller parts".

It is easy to notice the PCB show in the video is not even complete. That is what they mean with "Our PCBs are being populated". The PCB, an essential part of the promised product, is not even ready to receive an ASIC chip for a trial:

So when they said "the first chips off of the production line we will run at full speed in our launch video", they were not speaking about the last video. They were speaking about another video yet to be done, when the PCB is fully populated with the ASIC chips. However, in accordance with their own words, they know that "it’s going to be a tight".

So the question remains... How much they can cope with to assemble a few dozen PCBs with all necessary parts, including the ASIC chips, them put all that inside the designed box of fans, then repeat the process few dozen times, then package all that in proper boxes, then send all that to different parts of the world, in just one single week?
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 05:42:15 PM

What marketing BS?! We knew Bitfury was going to exist months back. I never doubted the guy. The biggest upset was Bitsyncom, most of their hashrate never appeared. Anyone who had orders elsewhere stand in a better position, well except BFL, but we already knew that, and I never wanted peeps to loose out with Bitsyncom. The funny thing is nothing changed about me this entire time, just because I took a bullet for visiting people have always had a hang-up on me having nefarious intention, which, and this is utterly hysterical for me, I never, ever have. I went for myself, and relayed what I saw. I then made some predictions based on common sense fact on KnC and some other companies, and have been write every time. So unless I have had a crystal ball, it's safe to say there's been a common sense method to my madness. Some peope here are just having a hard time accepting this. Props to Bitfury, I just would rather want to deal with the source and not intermediary distributors who are unknowns, I stated that at the time. In a week we'll know if KnC can deliver. Nothings changed, except the difficulty is currently no where near where it should be by now.

I am getting tired of you.

if you never doubted bitfury, why did you ask for some videos of working bitfury miners few days ago? why do you keep repeating that KnC has no real competition?

and how did you exactly took a bullet? its obvious that you didnt pay for your knc miner.

also, the part "in a week we will know if they can deliver" I found hilarious.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 05:51:18 PM

What marketing BS?! We knew Bitfury was going to exist months back. I never doubted the guy. The biggest upset was Bitsyncom, most of their hashrate never appeared. Anyone who had orders elsewhere stand in a better position, well except BFL, but we already knew that, and I never wanted peeps to loose out with Bitsyncom. The funny thing is nothing changed about me this entire time, just because I took a bullet for visiting people have always had a hang-up on me having nefarious intention, which, and this is utterly hysterical for me, I never, ever have. I went for myself, and relayed what I saw. I then made some predictions based on common sense fact on KnC and some other companies, and have been write every time. So unless I have had a crystal ball, it's safe to say there's been a common sense method to my madness. Some peope here are just having a hard time accepting this. Props to Bitfury, I just would rather want to deal with the source and not intermediary distributors who are unknowns, I stated that at the time. In a week we'll know if KnC can deliver. Nothings changed, except the difficulty is currently no where near where it should be by now.

I am getting tired of you.

if you never doubted bitfury, why did you ask for some videos of working bitfury miners few days ago? why do you keep repeating that KnC has no real competition?

and how did you exactly took a bullet? its obvious that you didnt pay for your knc miner.

I have paid orders. It's the entire reason I went. Do you honestly think I went and said, hi you don't know me, but i've clearly been looking into you and without knowing how this will turn out, why don't you give me hardware and i'll type about you. Daggeteo went, JohnyJ went and wrote up, none of us got paid. I had conducted more research, had a greater professional interest, English is my first language, i'm articulate, I had some fun with a write-up. Get over it.

By taking a bullet i mean this rampant obsession in trying to prove something nefarious has occurred here, when it hasn't. It's obsessive from the trolls, as I will not back down from douchebaggery.

Why did I ask for a video from Bitfury? Well read what I wrote? Was I calling him a liar? no. I just wanted to see a video of the chip hashing. I wanted to see proof of power consumption based on the chip, not on a USB miner, as the only proof I can find are from videos showing Biutfury usb miners where all the other components have to be taken into account. yet at the same time I hear conflicting reports about power being equal to 0.5-1 w/Gh/s. So I asked a reasonable request as to whether any proof existed as opposed to having conflicting answers. Why is that hard to understand? Again you're hung up on KnC and me, not me. I get jumped on whenever, w.h.e.n.e.v.e.r. I ask about anything outside of KnC. It's ridiculous. You make up this shill thing in your crazy obsessive minds, not me. I have as much interest outside of KnC as I do in, as I care about the subject. I have a direct interest in KnC as I have paid orders with them as I have always readily admitted. fuck me this gets tiring. I cannot even be bothered to censor myself anymore.

RChevalier

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 05:58:56 PM

@Bitcoinorama

Why do you this? 

more importantly, why do you do this to yourself?
bbxx

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 06:02:08 PM

@Bitcoinorama

Why do you this? 

he wants to mine less..

more people will buy KNC hardware
network will be larger
and he will mine less

Smiley

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 06:03:08 PM

@Bitcoinorama

Why do you this? 

You're right. OCD, genuinely I have it, and more than likely the reason, coupled with the fact honestly you let one person walk over you the rest start a charge towards. I can only respond with common sense. But the No Disco guy I was kind to, he fired me some PM's, unrelated to this thread and I answered honestly, there is no explanation to why he stalks me and has such animosity, that's what started this a couple of hours ago. I'm going to step away.

Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 06:04:45 PM

So the question remains... How much they can cope with to assemble a few dozen PCBs with all necessary parts, including the ASIC chips, them put all that inside the designed box of fans, then repeat the process few dozen times, then package all that in proper boxes, then send all that to different parts of the world, in just one single week?

we expect full production to start in the next few days, and yes its tight but we are still on track.

source: http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/news-and-anouncments/3062-new-video-teaser

Yes, I'm with you. It is impossible to assemble, test, pack and ship hundreds of boxes out of Sweden, especially for small company with 25 employes. Honestly, I expect new announcement like: we are sorry, there will be one week delay but for compensation Jupiter is not 400Gh/s but 500Gh/s.

In this phase, there should be videos of working unit and shipping schedule. yes, maybe they will send couple of miners before October 1st, but majority of guys (and doesn't matter if they have got 1st/2nd shipping date or not) will receive their miner during first week of October with great luck. I have got homeoffice whole week and I will wait all the time for tracking number and courier from UPS (I'm from EU is it should take one day). But if somebody really hopes, that all 1st day orders will be shipping during this week, he is just stupid/naive or both.
rizzman

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 06:16:24 PM

Coming up on another diff change...

Current Blocks: 259672 | Current Difficulty: 112628548.66635 | Next Difficulty At Block: 260063 | Next Difficulty In: 391 blocks | Next Difficulty In About: 1 day, 22 hours, 55 minutes, and 12 seconds | Next Difficulty Estimate: 145649858.39359674 | Estimated Percent Change: 29.3187740748

My Voodoo math puts the next diff change at 143.63 (112.xxxxxxx + 31)
Pages: « 1 ... 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 [518] 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: