April 25, 2024, 12:51:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 20020 20021 20022 20023 20024 20025 20026 20027 20028 20029 20030 20031 20032 20033 20034 20035 20036 20037 20038 20039 20040 20041 20042 20043 20044 20045 20046 20047 20048 20049 20050 20051 20052 20053 20054 20055 20056 20057 20058 20059 20060 20061 20062 20063 20064 20065 20066 20067 20068 20069 [20070] 20071 20072 20073 20074 20075 20076 20077 20078 20079 20080 20081 20082 20083 20084 20085 20086 20087 20088 20089 20090 20091 20092 20093 20094 20095 20096 20097 20098 20099 20100 20101 20102 20103 20104 20105 20106 20107 20108 20109 20110 20111 20112 20113 20114 20115 20116 20117 20118 20119 20120 ... 33301 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26367706 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:09:41 PM

Why Why Why ... so much manipulation?  Shocked

The price action can be so cruel and mean sometimes.

Whales are such meanies!  Angry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pacman7331

Activity: 638
Merit: 118

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:17:07 PM

It dropped because the goddamn RSI bounced off 40... but this morning it was above fucking 40. I even posted about it. Fucking tradingview RSI indicator on the daily was telling a lie.
Lontonbit

Activity: 420
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:18:07 PM

welcome soros to the community, a beautiful red candle as a grand opening appearance!
pacman7331

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:19:02 PM

Rsi pushing above 40 resistance. Looks bullish.

Now if you look at the RSI it shows it bounced off 40... HOW THE FUCK? THEY REDREW THE LINE IN THE PAST??  Huh Huh Huh Huh

ONCE THE LINE IS ABOVE 40 YOU CAN'T THEN MAKE IT GO BELOW IN THE PAST!

The Indicator must be averaging and redrawing after the fact. Thats totally crap.

I sent a message to Tradingview.com about this.
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:20:15 PM

Could it be a Soroshort?
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:23:29 PM

Now if you look at the RSI it shows it bounced off 40... HOW THE FUCK? THEY REDREW THE LINE IN THE PAST??  Huh Huh Huh Huh

You realize these graphs are not carved in stone, they are just pixels on your screen?
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:24:13 PM

Bulls going to the summer grazing lands further up the mountains.
B1tUnl0ck3r

Activity: 854
Merit: 277

liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:28:53 PM

Why Why Why ... so much manipulation?  Shocked

The price action can be so cruel and mean sometimes.

Whales are such meanies!  Angry

yeah, but it's fun too Smiley... but you know whales are your friends...

those...

are my friends... I never understood this narrative of the polar bear as the apex of the ice... don't they know it melts...

Could it be a Soroshort?

no, I don't think so... busy else where... putting down another enemy of mankind and his servants.

Bulls going to the summer grazing lands further up the mountains.

where the last polar bear retreated? don't worry the pack is behind the bulls... and weak bears... have much more flavors... they have eaten more varied food.
Rsiyz

Activity: 138
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:29:25 PM

usa ,soros fas always do against east some attacks.. soo good luck with your bitcoins and other cryptos when he get in ...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  
as in last news russia and turkey iran and others start active byznis with blockchain and crypto .. SOO soros will do oportunity to destroy  whole crypto world .. as  how much he will can abble do ..
but also wall creep banksters+trumps  also have some interest there. trumps too..

Soros is FAS!  Cheesy  pula
B1tUnl0ck3r

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:35:09 PM

usa ,soros fas always do against east some attacks.. soo good luck with your bitcoins and other cryptos when he get in ...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  
as in last news russia and turkey iran and others start active byznis with blockchain and crypto .. SOO soros will do oportunity to destroy  whole crypto world .. as  how much he will can abble do ..
but also wall creep banksters+trumps  also have some interest there. trumps too..

Soros is FAS!  Cheesy  pula

no it's the enemy of the world, the enemy of isreal, the enemy of life, liberty and happyness, and they aren't those you quote. They may be strange, but relatively to the unnamed, they are so kind. Look a good question when let's say this girl :

question:

let's say her, her daddy, and the others ones have a sudden loss of bodily integrity, what happen to their bitcoin? how to get hashcat churning without the private key? it would be a shame to have soo much btc locked away...

Grin

it's still possible to save Yuliya (1977) and Kseniya (1991)... chose wisely... one kill and a lot of lives can be saved... or play... we love games...

is it fun?
Rsiyz

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:40:29 PM

Abstract
The Arctic Ocean is currently on a fast track towards seasonally ice-free conditions. Although most attention has been on the accelerating summer sea ice decline, large changes are also occurring in winter. This study assesses past, present, and possible future change in regional Northern Hemisphere sea ice extent throughout the year by examining sea ice concentration based on observations back to 1950, including the satellite record since 1979. At present, summer sea ice variability and change dominate in the perennial ice covered Beaufort, Chukchi, East Siberian, Laptev, and Kara seas, with the East Siberian Sea explaining the largest fraction of September ice loss (22%). Winter variability and change occur in the seasonally ice covered seas further south; the Barents Sea, Sea of Okhotsk, Greenland Sea, and Baffin Bay, with the Barents Sea carrying the largest fraction of loss in March (27%). The distinct regions of summer and winter sea ice variability and loss have generally been consistent since 1950, but appear at present to be in transformation due to the rapid ice loss in all seasons. As regions become seasonally ice-free, future ice loss will be dominated by winter. The Kara Sea appears as the first currently perennial ice covered sea to become ice-free in September. Remaining on currently observed trends, the Arctic shelf seas are estimated to become seasonally ice-free in the 2020s, and the seasonally ice-covered seas further south to become ice-free year-round from the 2050s.

Great news for Russia and alies. Thats why brittards/il/saudi want drag whole east to war .. lazy ass they are all

jsut imagine news ways for export, import, without icebreakers,,, WOW cheaper way as it possible:sea transport

just now in middle europe (eu now) more byznis from my countries  start new selling in china,vietnam. skoda in taiwan ,agriculture machines,  and expensive pieces of tech, average weight 150-400 ton
are exported from czechia for most chinese and also middle  east or south america..every week .. they have speciall quality materials (better than whole world) for just for exemple: whole chemicall factories also fract towers, and other..
usa life is tottaly 0-crap,dangerous..  compare to live in prague or budapest..)))  WE ARE FUTURE not lazy dangerous yankee duudle doctor.. form mash

WE dont need usa! kapis??   Grin Grin
pacman7331

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:41:44 PM

Now if you look at the RSI it shows it bounced off 40... HOW THE FUCK? THEY REDREW THE LINE IN THE PAST??  Huh Huh Huh Huh

You realize these graphs are not carved in stone, they are just pixels on your screen?

I'm gonna see what people at trading view say. If it has some kind of recursive re-averaging after the day is complete that would explain it. The RSI bouncing off 40 is defiantly the reason for the drop, and it was breaking above this morning at about 41.8 or so, but the cell was only half done, so now finishing the daily it actually re-drew the whole motherfucker. I didn't know it did that.

Eitherway i'm done trading. I'm just HODLing and re-selling on Localbitcoin / Ether now. Shit needs to work right. Can't trust tradingview's data.
Rsiyz

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:42:08 PM

JUST WATCH CHARLIEBOO313 YOTUBE CHANNEL FOR LIFE IN USA,.... BEEEP BEEP  Grin Grin Grin Grin Tongue Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Colonel Panic

Activity: 110
Merit: 26

I do not have a Telegram or Skype account.

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:49:05 PM

The argument for taint and title is strong
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/Papers/making-bitcoin-legal.pdf
The authors don't detail much experimental evidence about their new taint model (basically FIFO accounting for taint), but they do offer a couple of numbers which, if supported by more testing, would be quite impressive. At any rate, there's ample food for thought.

If the legislative landscape they hint at really comes into being, I don't know where I'd stand on the line between "hard" and "soft" approaches. Bitcoin enthusiasts? Investors? Law enforcement? All of these positions would entail both "good" and "bad" practical consequences from my self-interested point of view.

Nice piece of work. Computer scientists discussing legal implications with a practical, technically sound background. A rarity.

Tasty find merited.

One of the problems with such a 'taint' system that it doesn't address, is what of coins falsely declared stolen? In the paper they seem to assume all such declarations to be honest, but in practice it just moves the arguments to the lawyer-enriching 'how to get these coins declared stolen or not' level.

Hm, I hadn't thought of that.

Can you name a scenario where the game of falsely reporting a crime ("someone stole my coins!") has a positive probabilistic sum? Penalties can be harsh, and partners in crime won't be happy to see their newly tainted coins decrease in value.

Just look at the endless similar scenarios in day-to-day business, deals that go wrong, counterparties accused of all sorts variations of theft, bad faith, lies, non-delivery etc, even in the strong legal cultures of the first world. Let alone what goes on in places like Russia or parts of Africa.

No, write access to 'the list' of in-dispute coins would very soon become the salient issue. And who could dispute cleanliness? Only the immediate previous owner? Or how owners many back? Or not directly involved parties as well? Me? You? Pretty soon everything could be 'tainted', and thus nothing would be.

I think the only way Bitcoin can work longterm is as a bearer instrument: you possess it, you own it. In fact, I think this - (Roger notwithstanding) - is the key "cash" part of the "peer-to-peer cash" description.
Alexander_Z

Activity: 114
Merit: 26

Z

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:50:35 PM

Seems dangerous to play around with margin... and there are a lot of ways that you could get locked out.. especially when bitcoin can be very unforgiving to shorters.

I personally think that the best way to attempt to accumulate more bitcoins when the price is going down is to sell small amounts of BTC as the price goes up and to used that generated money to buy back as the price goes down.  If you did not already sell some bitcoin when the price was higher a while back then it seems too late to sell at this point.  Therefore, your decision at this point would be to buy more bitcoin at various points on the way down, and then be prepared to sell small amounts at various points the next time the BTC price goes up (presuming that the price is going to go up sooner or later).  

Accordingly, it is o.k. to over-leverage a little bit on the buying of bitcoin on the way down in order that you will not feel so bad to sell some of that accumulated amounts off on the way up.  The tricky question is that the price points and the amounts for buying on the way down and selling on the way up are going to be different for each person and takes some practice to find comfortable price points and amounts that are customized to your own situation (your view points, risk tolerance, financial situation and timeline).

Most of my coins are in cold storage, I did not even bothered to claim any forks after Bitcoin Gold. Right now it seems that chances of bitcoin going up in the next few months are slim, that is the reason why I though about hedging by shorts.

It is very likely that bitcoin is a paradigm changer, so it is not easy for us to envision the extent to which system are going to be changed by it or not.. .... so even though we might say that it is kind of like one thing or another - the telephone, internet.. blah blah blah.. there could also be a war over this bitcoin changing kind of influence, and I don't know how any of us could reasonably assert that a war is not changing any current systems that we have in place... so perhaps our views of the fundamental possibilities of bitcoin are quite different, and I don't claim to know exactly where bitcoin is going to take banking and government... and perhaps it will be a BIG NOTHING, as you seem to imply.

It may be more than nothing, but is not deep enough.

Well, maybe a lot of us have become spoiled from the returns of crypto, but I still think that if you are getting, on average, more than 6% per year appreciation on a long term investment, you are doing good... in that regard, bitcoin has been performing way beyond normal average investments.. and seems likely to continue to perform quite well, on average, if you have a 5-10 years timeline.

That is right, bitcoin performance over past 7 years is unimaginable for any other investment. I do not remember where I read about it first, but I remember the topic: "bitcoin reached parity with the U.S. dollar".
B1tUnl0ck3r

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:53:12 PM

Great news for Russia and alies. Thats why brittards/il/saudi want drag whole east to war .. lazy ass they are all

jsut imagine news ways for export, import, without icebreakers,,, WOW cheaper way as it possible:sea transport

just now in middle europe (eu now) more byznis from my countries  start new selling in china,vietnam. skoda in taiwan ,agriculture machines,  and expensive pieces of tech, average weight 150-400 ton
are exported from czechia for most chinese and also middle  east or south america..every week .. they have speciall quality materials (better than whole world) for just for exemple: whole chemicall factories also fract towers, and other..
usa life is tottaly 0-crap,dangerous..  compare to live in prague or budapest..)))  WE ARE FUTURE not lazy dangerous yankee duudle doctor.. form mash

WE dont need usa! kapis??   Grin Grin

yeah yeah... speak...

when the market makers and the war makers (mongers what a pathetic costly delusion) agrees...
TERA2

Activity: 266
Merit: 222

Deb Rah Von Doom

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:02:01 PM

Finally did my taxes on CoinTracking. Neat.

d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:02:52 PM

The argument for taint and title is strong
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/Papers/making-bitcoin-legal.pdf
The authors don't detail much experimental evidence about their new taint model (basically FIFO accounting for taint), but they do offer a couple of numbers which, if supported by more testing, would be quite impressive. At any rate, there's ample food for thought.

If the legislative landscape they hint at really comes into being, I don't know where I'd stand on the line between "hard" and "soft" approaches. Bitcoin enthusiasts? Investors? Law enforcement? All of these positions would entail both "good" and "bad" practical consequences from my self-interested point of view.

Nice piece of work. Computer scientists discussing legal implications with a practical, technically sound background. A rarity.

Tasty find merited.

One of the problems with such a 'taint' system that it doesn't address, is what of coins falsely declared stolen? In the paper they seem to assume all such declarations to be honest, but in practice it just moves the arguments to the lawyer-enriching 'how to get these coins declared stolen or not' level.

Hm, I hadn't thought of that.

Can you name a scenario where the game of falsely reporting a crime ("someone stole my coins!") has a positive probabilistic sum? Penalties can be harsh, and partners in crime won't be happy to see their newly tainted coins decrease in value.

Just look at the endless similar scenarios in day-to-day business, deals that go wrong, counterparties accused of all sorts variations of theft, bad faith, lies, non-delivery etc, even in the strong legal cultures of the first world. Let alone what goes on in places like Russia or parts of Africa.

Just make an example, please. I still don't follow you. Remember, once a coin is successfully disputed, it is tainted. This is not always desirable. Furthermore, if they bust you bullshitting the system, it's trouble that goes beyond losing some coin.

No, write access to 'the list' of in-dispute coins would very soon become the salient issue. And who could dispute cleanliness? Only the immediate previous owner? Or how owners many back? Or not directly involved parties as well? Me? You? Pretty soon everything could be 'tainted', and thus nothing would be.
With LIFO tainting, there's no taint spread. WHICH addresses get tainted might be arbitrary in some cases (coin mixers/tumblers, especially).

I'm thinking how this would work in a world where LN has taken hold. LN is a bit of a tumbler in itself. Once a coin reaches, say, Amazon or Starbucks... who takes the hit when the taint hits the fan and some customers rightly complain? They haven't considered this - or maybe that paper is pre-LN, I haven't checked the date.

I think the only way Bitcoin can work longterm is as a bearer instrument: you possess it, you own it. In fact, I think this - (Roger notwithstanding) - is the key "cash" part of the "peer-to-peer cash" description.

In that paper, this is called the "bitcoin enthusiast" (or supporter?) position.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:12:19 PM

Reporting doesn’t need to be false to be damaging. 

A sends coins to exchange and sells, withdrawing different coins.  B truthfully claims that A stole the coins and sues exchange for value of the coins.  Exchange is liable to compensate B. 
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:14:17 PM

Finally did my taxes on CoinTracking. Neat.

You may have just successfully shilled me.
Pages: « 1 ... 20020 20021 20022 20023 20024 20025 20026 20027 20028 20029 20030 20031 20032 20033 20034 20035 20036 20037 20038 20039 20040 20041 20042 20043 20044 20045 20046 20047 20048 20049 20050 20051 20052 20053 20054 20055 20056 20057 20058 20059 20060 20061 20062 20063 20064 20065 20066 20067 20068 20069 [20070] 20071 20072 20073 20074 20075 20076 20077 20078 20079 20080 20081 20082 20083 20084 20085 20086 20087 20088 20089 20090 20091 20092 20093 20094 20095 20096 20097 20098 20099 20100 20101 20102 20103 20104 20105 20106 20107 20108 20109 20110 20111 20112 20113 20114 20115 20116 20117 20118 20119 20120 ... 33301 »
  Print  

Jump to: