May 02, 2024, 11:23:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 27298 27299 27300 27301 27302 27303 27304 27305 27306 27307 27308 27309 27310 27311 27312 27313 27314 27315 27316 27317 27318 27319 27320 27321 27322 27323 27324 27325 27326 27327 27328 27329 27330 27331 27332 27333 27334 27335 27336 27337 27338 27339 27340 27341 27342 27343 27344 27345 27346 27347 [27348] 27349 27350 27351 27352 27353 27354 27355 27356 27357 27358 27359 27360 27361 27362 27363 27364 27365 27366 27367 27368 27369 27370 27371 27372 27373 27374 27375 27376 27377 27378 27379 27380 27381 27382 27383 27384 27385 27386 27387 27388 27389 27390 27391 27392 27393 27394 27395 27396 27397 27398 ... 33315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26370834 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2020, 04:05:41 AM

Previously in the Wall Observer:
...kitty, kitty... that fury beast.
Lauda is a Maximal Maximalist. [...]

I love Lauda (don’t take that the wrong way: our relation is amicably professional).  So do many others.  And is she fearsome?  Frankly, I love the cat because she’s not a pussy (so to speak).

In regards to Lauda, of course her decision to exit the forum could be a bit traumatic, especially for any members who considered her services to have been a benefit to the forum......

I think that was many people’s reaction.  She did much for the community, over the course of seven years.  —Much for the community, as others do on various levels and in different ways.  Not comparing anyone to anyone else, Jay, you know that many people (including myself) would be some level of unhappy if you were to disappear.  #nohomo  WO folks would be drinking beers, and reminiscing on your wordy-man walls-o’-text; those who have benefitted materially from your market analysis, discussion, and debate may take it harder, if they have any sense of gratitude.

Whereas Lauda’s departure hit me more personally, because...

You should be protecting yourself though because none of us (or other random peeps on the internet) give any shits about you as much as you should be protecting yourself, psychologically and financially.

Lauda did.  And that is all that I will say about that cat.

In view of my previous post, it is ironic that I raise your thereby quote from this context:
and yet, some of the replies that I am getting here, especially what explorer said, are a little bit too close to “you don’t believe hard enough”.

Anyway, I don’t give any shits about Internet forums generally.  Besides making forum art just to amuse myself, I spent so much time here for a reason.  Now that the reason is gone, it is more or less just a matter of habit, plus some loose ends, etc.  I do personally respect and value some other individuals here; but that is not a reason to dwell so much on a public forum.
At least 51% of the reason why I returned to the forum on 2020-01-01 was to reconnect with Lauda.

I don't know.. if you are sensitive in protecting Lauda.. that seems to be on you, more than anything... some people might purposefully want to rattle you in that direction, so in that regard, you might actually put yourself in such a position if you get too attached to that kind of thing... or showing that you are attached in that kind of way...

That does not get to me personally.  Seriously, Jay...

sometimes there are meanies on the interwebs.. including yours truly.

...have you seen anyone meaner than I am? ;-)

Wherefore those who may “want to rattle” me are only asking for me to blowtorch their faces.  Given my naturally aggressive personality, it is not a problem for me.

but surely life happens

Indeed.  Life goes on.  😼

This nonexistent cat admired strength and despised weakness:

Free images of Lauda!
Protip:  If nullius drops a Youtube link, it is probably not stupid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCKbRCUyop8

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7824

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2020, 04:21:32 AM

Every time I scroll past this, I think it's a dildo:

See another thing we agree on. Grin
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3485

born once atheist

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 04:29:03 AM

hey nully
Go get yerself a gf irl
It beats staring and at screen 24/7 and worshipping a fucking cat avatar

(I know, that was harsh, but I've had a few...)
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3853

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 04:34:02 AM

Sell some based on price or based on timing (like a predicted peak at the end of 2021)?
I did not expect the peak in July 2019 when we were supposed to be simply consolidating a la 2015.
Perhaps, with less of a shock in supply after the last halving we might still be rising in 2022.
Thoughts?
nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2020, 04:50:13 AM

hey nully
Go get yerself a gf irl
It beats staring and at screen 24/7 and worshipping a fucking cat avatar

(I know, that was harsh, but I've had a few...)

If you venture such an opinion on personal matters about which you know nothing, then you are a mentally retarded child who lacks both the reading comprehension to understand what I have said on the topic, and the experiential maturity to realize that there is much I have not said because it is none of your business.  Indeed, you lack even the basic life skills to understand that you don’t know me.

Your advice is accordingly filed under “taken under advisement”. 🗑️

...self-righteous indignation if you dare to question their “right to an opinion”.  Everybody is entitled to an opinion!

Wherefore those who may “want to rattle” me are only asking for me to blowtorch their faces.  Given my naturally aggressive personality, it is not a problem for me.
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 04:53:55 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), jojo69 (1)

Sell some based on price or based on timing (like a predicted peak at the end of 2021)?
I did not expect the peak in July 2019 when we were supposed to be simply consolidating a la 2015.
Perhaps, with less of a shock in supply after the last halving we might still be rising in 2022.
Thoughts?

most of the induced shock on supply chains should have receded by late '21..I think this will extend buoyancy into Q1 and maybe Q2 of '22

perhaps enough to catch the front edge of the forth epoch

I do think selling at set prices is possibly a better way. Stuff happens..as we have seen this year. You cant always time things the way you want in life.

That being said..history does rhyme imo.

-----------

dyor

1h

4h

stronghands

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 05:02:54 AM

Previously in the Wall Observer:
...kitty, kitty... that fury beast.
Lauda is a Maximal Maximalist. [...]

I love Lauda (don’t take that the wrong way: our relation is amicably professional).  So do many others.  And is she fearsome?  Frankly, I love the cat because she’s not a pussy (so to speak).

In regards to Lauda, of course her decision to exit the forum could be a bit traumatic, especially for any members who considered her services to have been a benefit to the forum......

I think that was many people’s reaction.  She did much for the community, over the course of seven years.  —Much for the community, as others do on various levels and in different ways.  Not comparing anyone to anyone else, Jay, you know that many people (including myself) would be some level of unhappy if you were to disappear.  #nohomo  WO folks would be drinking beers, and reminiscing on your wordy-man walls-o’-text; those who have benefitted materially from your market analysis, discussion, and debate may take it harder, if they have any sense of gratitude.

I suppose that if any of us are around enough and we engage in persistent posts - or even have some consistencies, then we may well be appreciated for some of our contributions... and surely, Lauda could really get into a lot of disputes, and surely being both proud of being the red marker and NOT hesitant to use such red marker caused some hostilities - especially when no other member stepped up to such plate... so surely some of that has (or had) its place in a forum like this.....

Whereas Lauda’s departure hit me more personally, because...

You should be protecting yourself though because none of us (or other random peeps on the internet) give any shits about you as much as you should be protecting yourself, psychologically and financially.

Lauda did.  And that is all that I will say about that cat.

Fair enough.. It does not hurt to have some peeps who are willing to stand up for you, and that kind of thing... I remember some of my older cousins were like that towards me in grade school... so a similar kind of phenomenon.

In view of my previous post, it is ironic that I raise your thereby quote from this context:
and yet, some of the replies that I am getting here, especially what explorer said, are a little bit too close to “you don’t believe hard enough”.

Anyway, I don’t give any shits about Internet forums generally.  Besides making forum art just to amuse myself, I spent so much time here for a reason.  Now that the reason is gone, it is more or less just a matter of habit, plus some loose ends, etc.  I do personally respect and value some other individuals here; but that is not a reason to dwell so much on a public forum.
At least 51% of the reason why I returned to the forum on 2020-01-01 was to reconnect with Lauda.

My reasons have been to connect with bitcoin and learning about bitcoin.

Sure, I met some peeps along the way, but I cannot consider that I come for any peeps, specifically except if there might be some substantive matters that happen.. and of course, I attempt to follow the posts of certain members, too.... so yeah, if the member has shown to put forth content that resonates with me, then I may well spend more time reading their content in detail and even responding to various portions... whether serious, substantive or even light-hearted responses.

I don't know.. if you are sensitive in protecting Lauda.. that seems to be on you, more than anything... some people might purposefully want to rattle you in that direction, so in that regard, you might actually put yourself in such a position if you get too attached to that kind of thing... or showing that you are attached in that kind of way...

That does not get to me personally.  Seriously, Jay...

Fair enough... Sometimes I will write something that appears to show emotions but it may well be a kind of emphasis rather than actual emotions.. not that I am a bot...

sometimes there are meanies on the interwebs.. including yours truly.

...have you seen anyone meaner than I am? ;-)

Just like there are differing kinds of nice, differing kinds of intelligent, differing kinds of substance sharing, there are also different kinds of meanies...    I cannot say that I have any favorite meanie..

Wherefore those who may “want to rattle” me are only asking for me to blowtorch their faces.  Given my naturally aggressive personality, it is not a problem for me.

Is it worth it?

Sure sometimes I respond to other posts that I know are going to largely be a waste of time... so yeah, each of us will decide whether to spend time responding and whether we believe our spent time is being spent in a worthy way.

but surely life happens

Indeed.  Life goes on.  😼

Free images of Lauda!

Not sure about GAN... I did watch almost half of the video without conceding whether I understood any of what I saw/heard.  
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 05:09:37 AM

Thoughts?

Your guess is as good as mine, whether we might have some gradual increase that ends up in a blow off top one year or a wee bit more, or if we were to get some kind of double top like 2013 - or if there might be some other kind of variation.

How would anyone know the pattern with any kind of certainty before it happens... because the pattern kind of creates itself, as it goes, no?

[edited out]  
Your advice is accordingly filed under “taken under advisement”.

Quoted for the proofs that nullius is a bot. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2020, 05:13:45 AM

People whose wealth is invested in illiquid, immovable property within a jurisdiction tend to think more long-term; and most especially, people who own their own homes (in contradistinction to investment properties) have the most to lose from bad government.

Proof of stake.

Why did I not think of that metaphor whilst wearing my political philosophy hat.  Switching to my cryptocurrency discussion hat...

I still have just enough trust in our American system to believe that any illegitimate votes will be nullified, one way or another.

Does it count (so to speak) if I incite the robots to Kill All Humans?  That will nullify votes—all votes, “one way or another”!
Fear nothing.

It's probably about 50/50, which is too close for my comfort.

O.k... I did a quickie looking it up, and you seem to be correct about the split, [...]

Politics is never over, right?

I called it 50/50 in P&S, and bet accordingly.

The more interesting part is:  The election being close keeps it exciting!  Do you remember the time, not so long ago, when the mainstream media were whining about “voter apathy” and low turnout rates?  (Why, just why do you suppose that that worries them!?)

If they make you feel like your vote counts—as if elections are so close that your vote could be decisive—then it keeps you engaged with the system!

Like betting on cockfights or football games:  The whole concept of this thread adequately sums the value of democracy.  It is entertainment.  It keeps the proles distracted, and dissipates their energies in a way that is harmless to the system.

On Votaries of the Vote [...]

Quote from: Nietzsche
Every one being allowed to learn to read, ruineth in the long run not only writing but also thinking.
If people with a IQ under 100 weren't allowed to vote there wouldn't be any Dem. American votes. That would be no fun.

FYFY.

~ 70 million voted for Trump, that's 70 million people with guns who don't believe the Intl Commie elite Deep State psyop, psycho-babble, propaganda bullshit

Trump is a globalist, maybe 10% less globalist than GOP neocons.  Biden is an Internationalist.  The difference is... indistinct.

Anyway, marcus, please don’t tell me that you are in hock to the Kushners?  ;-)

The big benefit of Trump being the POTUS has been the salty, delicious taste of liberal tears!  To be honest, it is the primary reason why I bet 0.01 BTC that Trump would win (and I did a charity bet with theymos, so that no liberal would benefit from me in any way if Trump were to lose).  May the liberal tears continue to flow.

Historical Images !!!!!

What's that? CNN trying to attain 'relevant' status?

Good call, xhomerx10.  Why is this not fucking showered with WOsmerit?
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 05:24:13 AM
Last edit: November 08, 2020, 06:17:34 AM by explorer

Thoughts?

I'm coming to believe that it will be fast and high, or slow and 'low'.  It might rise into '22, but my opinion is that it would not reach the heights caused by an earlier, more violent rise.  Argue that it is better for bitcoin, worse, or whatever; Less peaky is less high  IMO.  I am excited to watch either way, because the Magnitude-Up is arriving soon.
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 05:47:02 AM

Good call, xhomerx10.  Why is this not fucking showered with WOsmerit?

+1 WOsMerit

------

realised or generative cats only require a warm place to nap...    shrug_smile.py

“What I cannot create, I do not understand.” — Richard P. Feynman

-------

Nulli...on a more personal note I must admit some fascination with some of your posts...but by the gods man..bloviate much?

Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3853

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 05:56:36 AM

Thoughts?

I'm coming to believe that it will be fast and high, or slow and 'low'.  It might rise into '22, but my opinion is that it would not reach the heights caused by an earier, more violent rise.  Argue that it is better for bitcoin, worse, or whatever; Less peaky is less high  IMO.  I am excited to watch either way, because the Magnitude-Up is arriving soon.

I liked the magnitude-up.
I calculated from such...the dreams of reaching work-escape velocity, but then I had second thoughts...what I am going to do all day long providing that I cannot go anywhere, as in the last 8 mo or so? Sure, I can read a bit, watch some educational videos, post on various forums, including this one, and even take some classes, but I would get idle for sure.
Retiring, then un-retiring might not be a good idea either. Today is the first day of rest in the last three weeks or so, but normally it is not THAT much. The mind is used to work, not sure if quitting will do me any good.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 06:01:58 AM

It's happening!

May I present...the MS Satoshi.

Sheesh! What does it cost to get a 'wave related' Condo on this beasty? Link?

(no way I can but curious) Smiley

Brad

Cabins starting at $25,000

You can check out the rooms here: https://oceanbuilders.com/auction-page

I shall get back to you my good man when BTC hits somewhere in the neighborhood of $125,000.00 each...which shall be ..lets say within 6 months maybe?

(heh)

but actually at $125,000 BTC I 'might' actually serioiusly look at the above even at $50k a cabin at that point. Smiley

(now...I went an 'jinx'd' the works by actually attaching a BTC price to a fantasy/fairy-dust/rainbow/unicorn fart....day dream...grrrrr..you'd think I' learn...grrrr..

jinxed it...now it will likely take 'gasp' 2x as long to hit $125,000 BTC...I said above ...gasp...ONE WHOLE YEAR from now...sorry about the delay guys/gals..my bad! )

Brad

explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 06:09:38 AM

Thoughts?

I'm coming to believe that it will be fast and high, or slow and 'low'.  It might rise into '22, but my opinion is that it would not reach the heights caused by an earier, more violent rise.  Argue that it is better for bitcoin, worse, or whatever; Less peaky is less high  IMO.  I am excited to watch either way, because the Magnitude-Up is arriving soon.

I liked the magnitude-up.
I calculated from such...the dreams of reaching work-escape velocity, but then I had second thoughts...what I am going to do all day long providing that I cannot go anywhere, as in the last 8 mo or so? Sure, I can read a bit, watch some educational videos, post on various forums, including this one, and even take some classes, but I would get idle for sure.
Retiring, then un-retiring might not be a good idea either. Today is the first day of rest in the last three weeks or so, but normally it is not THAT much. The mind is used to work, not sure if quitting will do me any good.

Time.  So precious, yet so easy to waste.  I agree, Have a project to go to.  Don't spend all day, every day here  Grin
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 06:11:28 AM

So I sold some at 15203
       and some at 15125

we are down to 14,674

question is do I buy some back at 14,500 or wait and see if it drops to 13999

This is how new fiat bag holders are born.
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2778
Merit: 1791

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 06:16:41 AM
Merited by xhomerx10 (1)

It's happening!

May I present...the MS Satoshi.

She looks lovely, much better than a lambo
nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2020, 06:19:39 AM

[edited out] 
Your advice is accordingly filed under “taken under advisement”.

Quoted for the evidence that nullius is a bot. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I actually have that line (replete with the emoji 🗑️ which you snipped) set as a text editor macro.  Minor variations thereof are in many of my forum posts—also, variations of the wolf photo.

Speaking of bots, I am now just waiting for the liberal TDS conspiracy theorists to announce that I am a “Russian bot”.  Roll Eyes

... some lunatic is trying to get users banned for posting unattributed and/or copyrighted images to the Wall Observer. ...
Taм был дaльний зaxoд c пoдвыпoдвepтoм. He yймeтcя никaк cyчьe лayдoвcкoe плeмя в дeлeжкe кopытa.
Чyвaк дaжe нe зaмopaчивaлcя c пoдcчeтoм, пpoxoжy ли нa гoлocoвaниe или нeт бeз нoyнeйм шaйки oт лayды. [...]
[...]

Пиздapики нa вoздyшнoм шapикe, и eщe я пoлyчил твoй oтвeт и пoнял чтo тeбe cлeдyeт вытaщить xyй изo pтa (плoxo cлышнo).  He зaбyдь пocмoтpeть этo Youtube видeo, кoтopoe oтpaжaeт твoю нaтypy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl_pxCAcJz4

Perhaps you did not understand:  Among other things, in the quoted portion, he made a rude remark about Lauda.

—My blowtorch gets results!

WhiteManWhite has left the forum.
That's a plot twist Shocked

I need to catch up on the Russian forum thread.  I abandoned it after a moderator deleted two of my posts.  Eh, it seems to be less of a priority now...  Anyway, Jay, do you suppose that you could compete with me for being a meanie? ;-) Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Secretly, I am contemplating whether I should learn a lesson from Lauda about being constructive.  But that is something that I would take up elsewhere; it does not seem relevant in WO, whereby the current primary topics of discussion are Nully with his blowtorch, adversarial network generation of nonexistent cats, and also Bitcoin.

Jay, thanks for the discussion re Lauda.  I read and appreciate your long, detailed replies; if I don’t respond point by point, it is only because I would prefer to talk about myself now!  —Or about Kitty AI.  —Or about Communist subversion of the arts.  —Or—as long as I am here, maybe even sometimes about Bitcoin.
nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2020, 06:22:34 AM
Last edit: November 08, 2020, 07:02:06 AM by nullius

On the Making of Nonexistent Cats

Protip:  It is more complicated than cat /dev/null.

but surely life happens

Indeed.  Life goes on.  😼

Free images of Lauda!

Not sure about GAN... I did watch almost half of the video without conceding whether I understood any of what I saw/heard.

A simple, very non-rigorous explanation:

You know the general class of nifty AI technologies that make image search, facial recognition, the visual cortex for self-driving cars, etc., etc.?

Well, it turns out that if you put two different AI bots in a feedback loop, you can make one bot train the other to produce the class of images that the first bot has already been trained to recognize.

So:  Train one bot to recognize cat photos.  Make the other bot start producing more or less randomly generated images; and force it to learn to fool the cat photo recognizer into believing that a nonexistent cat is a real cat.

When you run this little bot versus bot game on a big pile of expensive GPUs for a week or two, the cat-recognizer bot teaches the nonexistent-cat bot to produce fake cat photos that can fool humans.  😸

It is such a powerful technology, it can even produce KYC dox photos of nullius!  Shocked

realised or generative cats only require a warm place to nap...    shrug_smile.py

“What I cannot create, I do not understand.” — Richard P. Feynman

Good one.  Note to Jay:  That is the equation that basically sets the rule of the aforesaid “bot versus bot” game.  Here are some images that I posted on Lauda’s goodbye thread; curious cats humans should right-click and view the image on the left to view it full size, or even click through to the paper hereby linked on Arxiv:

Kitty loved science!
—And technology indistinguishable from magic!

* nullius loves the “generative model” that “produces cat-shaped objects more often”. 😼

Science and maths and technical intrigues are posted to the Wall Observer in memory of Kitty.

Nulli...on a more personal note I must admit some fascination with some of your posts...but by the gods man..bloviate much?

I am curious* about which subjects fascinate you.  Though I will understand if you don’t want to be too specific.  Perhaps I may be too toxic.  (* Sufficiently curious that I will spare you the “taken under advisement” nullbot macro in re my alleged “bloviating”. ;-)
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 06:51:43 AM

Wake UP, WO:

https://twitter.com/RD_btc/status/1294329553008103424
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4148

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 07:38:10 AM

On the subject of Sean Connery/007, have you heard that the next James Bond will be a black woman, Lashana Lynch?
She sees it as "challenging stereotypes" and "is greatful to challenge these narratives". We are moving away from a poisoning masculinity, she says to Harper's Bazaar.

Don't they realize that James Bond is so popular because he is a stereotype?
Remove the stereotype and there is no James Bond. This is going to end up a disaster, go woke, go broke.

Oh no. Please. Don't do this!
Pages: « 1 ... 27298 27299 27300 27301 27302 27303 27304 27305 27306 27307 27308 27309 27310 27311 27312 27313 27314 27315 27316 27317 27318 27319 27320 27321 27322 27323 27324 27325 27326 27327 27328 27329 27330 27331 27332 27333 27334 27335 27336 27337 27338 27339 27340 27341 27342 27343 27344 27345 27346 27347 [27348] 27349 27350 27351 27352 27353 27354 27355 27356 27357 27358 27359 27360 27361 27362 27363 27364 27365 27366 27367 27368 27369 27370 27371 27372 27373 27374 27375 27376 27377 27378 27379 27380 27381 27382 27383 27384 27385 27386 27387 27388 27389 27390 27391 27392 27393 27394 27395 27396 27397 27398 ... 33315 »
  Print  

Jump to: