Bitcoin Forum
December 03, 2016, 12:42:32 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 [638] 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 ... 744 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [1500 TH] p2pool: Decentralized, DoS-resistant, Hop-Proof pool  (Read 2028674 times)
chalkboard17

Activity: 271

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 02:17:45 AM

Update on my previous post: It just now happened on chain 2. Only took a few seconds to start back to normal.
It seems sometimes it takes many minutes while sometimes it takes a few seconds. Still, I am losing money with this and unfortunately will be forced to leave p2pool (which I do not want) if I cannot fix this. Really appreciate some help on this. Thanks.
EDIT again two hours after this post: happening more frequently

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kano
Legendary

Activity: 1918

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 03:51:11 AM

How do you store submitted work for your pool? Do you plan to keep all the data in a query-able state for all time?

After thinking about this on and off for over a year now I'm OK with having an ~estimated~ luck, that is consistently calculated from the data we have available.
The share storage in my pool I have documented ... let me find the link ...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789369.msg10731200#msg10731200

It serves it's intended purpose which is to reflect how the pool is preforming overall, over time.

I view having to use imperfect data as a trade off for getting completely trust-less decentralization, something I value much more than a 100% accurate all the time luck stat.

While I do understand your points, I find it ironic for you to criticize P2Pool's infrastructure while running your own closed source centralized pool.
Heh - oops - you got that wrong Smiley
It's open source - here:
https://bitbucket.org/ckolivas/ckpool/src

... oh -ck said it above also Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is BTC: 1KanoiBupPiZfkwqB7rfLXAzPnoTshAVmb
CKPool and CGMiner developer, IRC FreeNode #ckpool and #cgminer kanoi
Help keep Bitcoin secure by mining on pools with Stratum, the best protocol to mine Bitcoins with ASIC hardware
luthermarcus

Activity: 206

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 05:40:23 AM

I don't know why people attack kano, ck or forestv or anyone else for that matter. They put out allot for the community and you guys should have more respect to dev's that put out open source and I'm not just talking about his pool. Unless your asking a relevant question or imputing relevant info to benefit the topic your causing more harm than good to the cause. Please refrain from calling out people for the whole communities sake.
jcumins

Activity: 192

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 06:09:44 AM

I don't know why people attack kano, ck or forestv or anyone else for that matter. They put out allot for the community and you guys should have more respect to dev's that put out open source and I'm not just talking about his pool. Unless your asking a relevant question or imputing relevant info to benefit the topic your causing more harm than good to the cause. Please refrain from calling out people for the whole communities sake.

I could not agree more.  Kano , ck , forest and many others go above and beyond, i for one have the greatest respect for them.

Cheesy
minerpool-de

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 10:28:27 AM

Somehow I think P2Pool dying out. The network performance is ridiculous, the last visitors on my Node passed weeks ago. I think I switch my node down.

Huh

Don't you use your own node then?

The last couple of weeks have been excellent for p2pool - way above average.

I dont mine anymore since 08/2014. Here in Germany the mines is senseless. You pay a lot of money for the electricity. But what are 1.2 TH / s compared to the overall performance of the network?

yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1050

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 11:50:10 AM

@windpath . . . site down ?

http://minefast.coincadence.com/p2pool-stats.php

whooops looks like it's back. my bad prolly.

btw a block for today. looking for more ! so far p2pool have been doing pretty well. fingers crossed.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 12:13:40 PM

Huh what are you trying to say ?

we're talking about merged mining uno with p2pool Huh

you are on a BITCOIN thread ... you talk about UNO crypto-currency.

French ... but not so much   ---===---   P2P ... it's people at the end   ---===---   P2Pool (10,9 GH/s).
Comment miner des bitcoins ? Un tutoriel est là : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1114415.0
Bitcoin change everything ... an explain of this fact : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joITmEr4SjY
Meuh6879
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 12:15:16 PM

I normally get 1380gh/s on eligius and ghash. On p2pool I always get ~1230gh/s.

P2Pool local node don't lie.

Pool ... can lie (network problem, DOA lost).

French ... but not so much   ---===---   P2P ... it's people at the end   ---===---   P2Pool (10,9 GH/s).
Comment miner des bitcoins ? Un tutoriel est là : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1114415.0
Bitcoin change everything ... an explain of this fact : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joITmEr4SjY
Meuh6879
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 12:18:41 PM

The last couple of weeks have been excellent for p2pool - way above average.

math is hard . . .

i prefer graph ...

jonnybravo0311

Activity: 994

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 01:23:52 PM

I normally get 1380gh/s on eligius and ghash. On p2pool I always get ~1230gh/s.

P2Pool local node don't lie.

Pool ... can lie (network problem, DOA lost).
It isn't really about lying.  A lot of hardware has issues with p2pool.  When they first came out, the S2 would lose 10-15% hash on p2pool.  Neptunes just don't work at all.  AM tubes don't work.

chalkboard17, I'm sure you've probably done the following, so forgive the redundancy if you have:
* update the firmware from Bitmain
* install ck/kano S5 binaries
* change the queue depth to 0 or 1
* use the '+' and '/' at the end of your BTC address to help flatten the graphs and get a more consistent reported hash

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1050

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 02:23:47 PM

Huh what are you trying to say ?

we're talking about merged mining uno with p2pool Huh

you are on a BITCOIN thread ... you talk about UNO crypto-currency.

i don't even know or have any idea how are you a hero member at all ?

1st PLEASE read the posts regarding merged mining about 2 pages back.

2nd i think you are a little lost with regards of discussion

3rd yes i am very well aware that i am on a bitcoin thread -> pool -> p2pool that can MERGE mine other crypto coin aka altcoins

so what are you trying to say ? i think you are LOST somewhere.

do you run your own node ? do you merge mine ? do you have any idea at all ? do you read before you post ?

yes the graph you posted that occasionally spikes 1ph or more is from me directing the "extra" hashpower to help p2pool to hit some blocks & i hope you managed to gain some btc from mining at p2pool.
forrestv

Activity: 510

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 01:22:21 PM

Hello everyone,

BIP66 implements a Bitcoin softfork which will take effect sometime between the next few days and the next few weeks. Miners that have not upgraded to Bitcoin Core >=0.10.0 will generate invalid blocks after that point.

Bitcoin softforks are handled within P2Pool by a corresponding fork which forces P2Pool users to upgrade to a newer version of P2Pool. In this case, the new version of P2Pool will require Bitcoin Core >=0.10.0 to start. This is facilitated by first getting 50% of the P2Pool hashrate to upgrade by external means (this forum and the mailing list below), upon which the "A MAJORITY OF SHARES CONTAIN A VOTE FOR AN UNSUPPORTED SHARE IMPLEMENTATION! An upgrade is likely necessary. Check http://p2pool.forre.st/ for more information." warning is displayed to the rest of the users, which hopefully quickly upgrade. Upon 95% of the hashrate having converted, the fork happens, and users that haven't upgraded are split off to mine in their own mini-P2Pool. I regret not taking action earlier; I hadn't been aware of the softfork until an email on the bitcoin-dev mailing list today.

So, a new P2Pool version will be released within the next day or two, once testing has finished. Users will be urged to upgrade here and on the p2pool-notifications mailing list (which I'd urge you to subscribe to now if you haven't). Without this P2Pool softfork, we will continue mining with an unknown number of users generating invalid blocks, which clearly isn't desirable.

1J1zegkNSbwX4smvTdoHSanUfwvXFeuV23
windpath
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 01:27:23 PM

Hello everyone,

BIP66 implements a Bitcoin softfork which will take effect sometime between the next few days and the next few weeks. Miners that have not upgraded to Bitcoin Core >=0.10.0 will generate invalid blocks after that point.

Bitcoin softforks are handled within P2Pool by a corresponding fork which forces P2Pool users to upgrade to a newer version of P2Pool. In this case, the new version of P2Pool will require Bitcoin Core >=0.10.0 to start. This is facilitated by first getting 50% of the P2Pool hashrate to upgrade by external means (this forum and the mailing list below), upon which the "A MAJORITY OF SHARES CONTAIN A VOTE FOR AN UNSUPPORTED SHARE IMPLEMENTATION! An upgrade is likely necessary. Check http://p2pool.forre.st/ for more information." warning is displayed to the rest of the users, which hopefully quickly upgrade. Upon 95% of the hashrate having converted, the fork happens, and users that haven't upgraded are split off to mine in their own mini-P2Pool. I regret not taking action earlier; I hadn't been aware of the softfork until an email on the bitcoin-dev mailing list today.

So, a new P2Pool version will be released within the next day or two, once testing has finished. Users will be urged to upgrade here and on the p2pool-notifications mailing list (which I'd urge you to subscribe to now if you haven't). Without this P2Pool softfork, we will continue mining with an unknown number of users generating invalid blocks, which clearly isn't desirable.

Thank you Forrest, good to see you around! Smiley

jonnybravo0311

Activity: 994

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 02:54:44 PM

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the update, and I echo windpath's sentiments: glad to see you around.  I'll be sure to update my nodes as soon as you have completed your work.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
OgNasty
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2016