Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:21:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 [598] 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 ... 814 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [1500 TH] p2pool: Decentralized, DoS-resistant, Hop-Proof pool  (Read 2591625 times)
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 02:34:13 AM

To the DEV.
This is not hop proof.

Set up that user who GHS drop for 30 min or more lose there shares and his shares will be distribute among the users who stay longest.
This will make it hop proof and people will stay or go for good.

I was in P2pool for 6 months and it was the pool that pay the most, but since the bitcoin drop to 200 dollars it just died. If you look at the history 3 block per day and some days up to 5 blocks. I guest those days a long gone.  

Thanks.
It's PPLNS - learn about how PPLNS works - rather than making guesses based on small random samples that are not representative of the population and then coming up with some ludicrous idea about how to screw up a PPLNS pool.

But I guess, more importantly, learn a little about p2pool.
No node except your own node knows anything about your mining except when you find a share-chain share.
So your idea means that any p2pool node with less than something like 20THs will never get paid ... yay good idea there Tongue

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chupacabras

Activity: 166
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 03:30:51 AM

To the DEV.
This is not hop proof.

Set up that user who GHS drop for 30 min or more lose there shares and his shares will be distribute among the users who stay longest.

I was in P2pool for 6 months and it was the pool that pay the most, but since the bitcoin drop to 200 dollars it just died. If you look at the history 3 block per day and some days up to 5 blocks. I guest those days a long gone.  

Thanks.
It's PPLNS - learn about how PPLNS works - rather than making guesses based on small random samples that are not representative of the population and then coming up with some ludicrous idea about how to screw up a PPLNS pool.

No node except your own node knows anything about your mining except when you find a share-chain share.
So your idea means that any p2pool node with less than something like 20THs will never get paid ... yay good idea there Tongue

I was going to take my time to answer you back, nut honestly I cant waist my time.  You are just dumb to what is going on. The best of luck for you guys.
Chupacabras

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 03:33:51 AM

To the DEV.
This is not hop proof.

Thanks.

I was going to take my time to answer you back, but honestly I cant waist my time.  You are just dumb to what is going on. The best of luck for you guys.

Now one positive thing about the pool; is that when you need help, you get it. That i can not take away from this team.

My quote is just a suggestion to keep miners in one place, work together and get paid well.
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 04:51:37 AM

To the DEV.
This is not hop proof.

Thanks.

I was going to take my time to answer you back, nut honestly I cant waist my time.  You are just dumb to what is going on. The best of luck for you guys.

Yeah, everyone else is dumb. It's surely not you who is dumb.  Roll Eyes You make absolutely no sense.

Get the fuck out and stop wasting "your" time.  Roll Eyes
jcumins

Activity: 312
Merit: 100

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 04:59:14 AM

If you're running a public node I suggest checking your graphs. Some dickhole is spamming work requests without doing any actual mining. It causes massive DOA spikes.

How long ago did this start.  I am the only one on my node and it seems to be doing fine.

Has anyone found anything yet on this.

He might be targeting the larger nodes. I had to whitelist my miners at the firewall to keep him out. It started about 20 hours ago. DOA went from 2-4% to 40-50%. A lot of traffic was coming over tor exit nodes, but trying to blacklist him was like playing whack-a-mole, so one less public node here.

I suspected something was up the past few days,  My local DOA is 4-5 % reasonable, but my efficiency rate is a bot high.  Looks like i should move the Node to a SSD drive.  That usually helps about 5% on the efficiency rating.

Hope he gows away and plays on some one else pool.

MissouriMiner

Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 06:38:54 AM

Try my skydrive, just uploaded latest win64 builds.

i'm getting lots of these:

File "twisted\internet\base.pyc", line 800, in runUntilCurrent

--- <exception caught here> ---
  File "p2pool\bitcoin\stratum.pyc", line 38, in _send_work

File "p2pool\bitcoin\worker_interface.pyc", line 129, in get_work

File "p2pool\work.pyc", line 243, in get_work

p2pool.util.jsonrpc.NarrowError: -12345 p2pool is downloading shares
Unhandled Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "p2pool\main.pyc", line 666, in run

File "twisted\internet\base.pyc", line 1169, in run

File "twisted\internet\base.pyc", line 1178, in mainLoop

File "twisted\internet\base.pyc", line 800, in runUntilCurrent

--- <exception caught here> ---
  File "p2pool\bitcoin\stratum.pyc", line 38, in _send_work

File "p2pool\bitcoin\worker_interface.pyc", line 129, in get_work

File "p2pool\work.pyc", line 243, in get_work

p2pool.util.jsonrpc.NarrowError: -12345 p2pool is downloading shares

This is because there is a java script call from within your index.html, or graphs.html, (or some other webpage filename) where the object being queried is not in your database/data-files.  From the web browser, you should see a share, block, hashinfo, etc.., the data is missing.  If the server version is compatible with the java call, then the fields will eventually fill in with new data, and the errors should recede.  If there is an incompatibility, then the fields will never fill in and the errors will continue.  Not a big deal.  More of a eye sore when viewing logs, or live screen, than an issue.  Unless the errors are rolling nonstop, then the issue needs some fixing.
Chupacabras

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 01:11:30 PM

To the DEV.
This is not hop proof.

Thanks.

Yeah, everyone else is dumb. It's surely not you who is dumb.  Roll Eyes You make absolutely no sense.

Get the fuck out and stop wasting "your" time.  Roll Eyes

I did get the fuck out and took my 1 Phs out of the pool. that why you at 1.8 or 2 the most. Good luck!!!
Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 01:28:56 PM

Yeah, I'm fairly certain someone with 1PH of hardware would be smart enough to properly reply when quoting someone. It sure is nice to dream, though.

BTW, you p2pool mining payout history is visible in your BTC begging signature.  Roll Eyes
PatMan

Activity: 924

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 01:39:23 PM

Greed, impatience & lust for profit can often temporarily blind people to reality, causing them to wander around from pool to pool in search of faster & greater profits, until eventually their vision has cleared & it becomes clear that not only are there no fast profits to be made in mining, but also that p2pool is the highest paying pool there is anyway.

See you soon Chupacabras  Wink

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
Chupacabras

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 01:42:22 PM

Greed, impatience & lust for profit can often temporarily blind people to reality, causing them to wander around from pool to pool in search of faster & greater profits, until eventually their vision has cleared & it becomes clear that not only are there no fast profits to be made in mining, but also that p2pool is the highest paying pool there is anyway.

Patman, I never said this is not the best pool. It is just dry cause of the users hoping habits. I will be back when i see stability. Thanks.
jcumins

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 03:44:31 PM

Patman, I never said this is not the best pool. It is just dry cause of the users hoping habits. I will be back when i see stability. Thanks.

Looking at the Pool hash rate. How do we know this guy with the 1PH of hash has not been hopping.  I do not see any stable 3PH of hash on the p2pool.  Most people with that kind of power are experienced enough to have already found a place to mine that they like and they usually stay there.

As i read the post looks like a childish mixing of words.

I have been studying all the different pools and have found p2pool with my own node to be the most profitable, it just takes allot of patience when shares and blocks are not found.

Thats my 2 cents worth

Keep the boxes mining.  It will get better.... 

PatMan

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 03:56:21 PM

There are many reasons for fluctuating hash rate - testing, failover etc - it's perfectly normal. I'd be more concerned if the hash rate stayed constant..... Wink

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 04:15:11 PM

First, I really don't understand your reply to my earlier explanation of why your suggestions wouldn't work.  Now you are getting more and more ridiculous with your claims... especially that crap about you having a petahash here.  Do you honestly think that we either don't remember or are unable to use the forum itself to look back through your posts?  You came around here in late January asking all kinds of questions on how to setup a node... how to setup a fee for your node... how to setup your miners to be effective on p2pool.  You were all excited about having 5.5TH/s running on the pool.  That's a VERY far cry from the claimed 1PH/s.

You've been around less than a month and have no concept of how the pool works.  You then go ahead and claim instability in the pool due to pool hopping - which both kano and I have explained to you is not what's going on.  We've suggested you actually learn how p2pool and PPLNS pools in general work.  Your response is to come back and call us stupid and that you can't be bothered "waisting" your time answering.

So go ahead... take your fictional petahash and leave.  Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 05:12:02 PM

First, I really don't understand your reply to my earlier explanation of why your suggestions wouldn't work.  Now you are getting more and more ridiculous with your claims... especially that crap about you having a petahash here.  Do you honestly think that we either don't remember or are unable to use the forum itself to look back through your posts?  You came around here in late January asking all kinds of questions on how to setup a node... how to setup a fee for your node... how to setup your miners to be effective on p2pool.  You were all excited about having 5.5TH/s running on the pool.  That's a VERY far cry from the claimed 1PH/s.

You've been around less than a month and have no concept of how the pool works.  You then go ahead and claim instability in the pool due to pool hopping - which both kano and I have explained to you is not what's going on.  We've suggested you actually learn how p2pool and PPLNS pools in general work.  Your response is to come back and call us stupid and that you can't be bothered "waisting" your time answering.

So go ahead... take your fictional petahash and leave.  Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

+ ∞
jcumins

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 06:48:20 PM

+ ∞

I could not of said that better Jonnie

Ok one question.  What are other people seeing the efficiency for share on there node?  Mine runs between 15-20% mostly staled shares and every once and a while a single orphaned share.  Was just curious if that's the average most have been seeing lately, the longer the node is running the numbers get better. Was thinking about going to a SSD drive but that's down time and cost.

PatMan

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 06:57:09 PM

A good quality SSD will give you superior results. I run my system on one SSD with my wallets data directory on a separate SSD & I get ~0.5 - 4%.  HDD's are pre-historic....... Grin

MissouriMiner

Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 07:30:01 PM

Ok one question.  What are other people seeing the efficiency for share on there node?  Mine runs between 15-20% mostly staled shares and every once and a while a single orphaned share.  Was just curious if that's the average most have been seeing lately, the longer the node is running the numbers get better. Was thinking about going to a SSD drive but that's down time and cost.

I don't see how disk performance (within reason) can effect efficiency.  What is effecting the efficiency the most, I think, is the network performance.  Well, also single core performance needs to be there, since P2Pool server is single threaded.  Not only bandwidth availability, but response time between your nodes is key.   Look at your GetBlockTemplate latency.  I think my is very low, with a current daily average of 133ms.  But I have a dedicated business cable line.  Anytime I had any network hiccups, or see increase is GetBlock latency, I see efficiency decline.  And I'm not sure about this, but sometimes I think issues are cause by bad nodes connecting to me.  Not necessarily malicious nodes, but some problem that drives the network usage much higher than with other nodes.

Back to disk performance.  I look at performance reports on my host, which is Linux by the way, and the disk I/O is negligible. I'm seeing less than 10 IOPS to the devices.   Full disclosure.  I am running SSD (2x RAID-1), so you might think a hypocrite.  :-)  But I pro-actively bought them and now realize it wasn't necessary.   The first thing I would look at is the I/O wait time.  If you need some help gathering the data, I can help.  Just let me know the OS.  And also gather CPU and network stats too.

The other thing I want to point out is the -expiry option.  A lot of people have said the setting doesn't matter anymore, but I can't see why.  I've never looked at the code, but the cgminer readme has the info below.  I always change my miners to 1 (all currently Antminer).  When I left it as the default of 120, I got more stales.  I did not run an extensive test though.

--expiry|-E <arg>   Upper bound on how many seconds after getting work we consider a share from it stale (default: 120)

jcumins

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 07:36:57 PM

My node is running on a Debian server and the p2pool and bitcoin all are running on all 8 cores.  The server is extremely fast.  My windows test server node is on a SSD drive and it is allot more efficient then the Debian box.

Has anyone Ghosted a Debian box yet,  I have had mixed results with Centos in ghosting.  This is my first Debian box.

Looks like it is time order a new SSD drive.

jcumins

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 07:39:53 PM

I don't see how disk performance (within reason) can effect efficiency.  What is effecting the efficiency the most, I think, is the network performance.  Well, also single core performance needs to be there, since P2Pool server is single threaded.  Not only bandwidth availability, but response time between your nodes is key.   Look at your GetBlockTemplate latency.  I think my is very low, with a current daily average of 133ms.  But I have a dedicated business cable line.  Anytime I had any network hiccups, or see increase is GetBlock latency, I see efficiency decline.  And I'm not sure about this, but sometimes I think issues are cause by bad nodes connecting to me.  Not necessarily malicious nodes, but some problem that drives the network usage much higher than with other nodes.

Back to disk performance.  I look at performance reports on my host, which is Linux by the way, and the disk I/O is negligible. I'm seeing less than 10 IOPS to the devices.   Full disclosure.  I am running SSD (2x RAID-1), so you might think a hypocrite.  :-)  But I pro-actively bought them and now realize it wasn't necessary.   The first thing I would look at is the I/O wait time.  If you need some help gathering the data, I can help.  Just let me know the OS.  And also gather CPU and network stats too.

The other thing I want to point out is the -expiry option.  A lot of people have said the setting doesn't matter anymore, but I can't see why.  I've never looked at the code, but the cgminer readme has the info below.  I always change my miners to 1 (all currently Antminer).  When I left it as the default of 120, I got more stales.  I did not run an extensive test though.

--expiry|-E <arg>   Upper bound on how many seconds after getting work we consider a share from it stale (default: 120)

So what did you set your miners to.  I an setting up 14 new S5 miners this weekend and am running 7 s3 and retiring 6 S1 and 5 S2 if any one wants to make me a offer on the older s1 and S2. there for sale.

PatMan

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 07:58:11 PM

The other thing I want to point out is the -expiry option.  A lot of people have said the setting doesn't matter anymore, but I can't see why.

Please stop telling people  to do anything but change the queue. Artificially lowering the discarded value serves no purpose whatsoever. Decreasing scan time and expiry are for the dark ages of CPU mining - paying any attention to the "discarded work" value is completely pointless and actually harmful. The only thing here that's making a difference to CPU load is decreasing the queue which they have set far too high by default. Please do not decrease it below 1 though.

Although, as IYFTech demonstrated, using a queue setting of 0 gave better results with Antminers on p2pool, but it depends on your set up of course.

Pages: « 1 ... 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 [598] 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 ... 814 »
  Print  

Jump to: