Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:15:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148797 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 03:03:00 AM

Blockai Raises 950K, Rebrands as Binded

https://dcebrief.com/blockai-raises-950k-rebrands-as-binded/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 03:38:05 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2017, 03:59:12 AM by TeeGee

That's an interesting article. One point the article isn't making quite blatantly is that cryptocurrencies allow people with small amounts of money to invest into the game. To be a VC, you have to already have a net worth of at least a million dollars. But with digital tokens anyone who wants to can put in a thousand dollars or less and see where it goes.

My personal experience is that unless the ICO is structured carefully (and most aren't) the price of the tokens will drop from ICO price once the coin hits the market. So, even if I think the coin is a good project, I usually wait until it goes on the market before I buy in. Often there is a fairly rapid correction and then you can buy in at a nice low.

The standard investment advice applies here. Only invest what you can afford to lose. Although I agree that ICOs are happening more often than perhaps warranted, I'm glad that people with good ideas have found an easier way to raise money and I'm glad that people can invest as much or as little as they want without having to prove to some regulatory agency that they are worthy of it. There's a lot more freedom for small income people to have some of the same opportunities that used to be reserved only for the wealthy. But with that freedom comes responsibility. Before investing you have to do your due diligence and make sure that you are investing in something that has a chance of succeeding. If you make a mistake, then learn from it. Only invest what you can afford to lose. If you are raising funds, then be responsible with them and make it your priority that your investors get ROI.

It is difficult to argue that the ICO market is out of control. I doubt if very many of them are even aware (or care) of the specific regulations they may be subject to. I don't know anything about the particular ICO example in the article, but what the author said about it did catch my attention:

"...raised US$12.5 million in 12 minutes on April 24, resulting in a market cap of almost US$300 million. It’s generated no revenue and has little more than a white paper describing what it intends to do. Yet its tokens, which would allow users to bet on things such as election outcomes, soared eightfold in the three weeks since May 2, giving it a valuation of over US$2 billion"

Silicon Valley’s hot new way of investing is through an ‘initial coin offering,’ but it comes with a catch

http://business.financialpost.com/investing/silicon-valleys-hot-new-way-of-investing-is-through-an-initial-coin-offering-but-it-comes-with-a-catch

It's absolutely crazy that an ICO like Storj can generate this type of "market capitalization", which is backed by absolutely nothing. No company profit, not even tied to the companies FUTURE profits, lol!

"Instead, the tokens’ value derives from their utility in the firm’s app, by providing access to data storage on a distributed network. They are the latest entry in the growing ledger of cryptocurrencies, digital coins that unlock myriad apps across the computing world. The coins are tradable on dozens of online exchanges and demand for all sorts of them has exploded as people speculate on the next big tech startup."

Ahem, no. What they're actually saying is that a lot of people saw the value in making advanced payment for the use of a platform before it has even been developed. It's as though somebody wrote a whitepaper for Netflix, and then said to a bunch of people "do you want to prepay like 5 years worth of TV in advance? There COULD be a potential upside if people speculatively trade them... [or they could become worth nothing]" - yup that sounds a great gamble to take for value proposition - just rely on the whims of altcoin and crypto-asset traders, and your ability to discern the 'top' of the bubble.

here are many clear advantages to doing an ICO - no minimum capital injection requirements being one of them, as Wiser mentioned. But the people that only have these lesser amounts of capital to invest are not the kind of people skilled in discerning good investments from one another, and are likely younger people who have never read a company's financial report. The issues here represent a maturity issue for ICO issuance. The solution is better education, of which this forum, and our media outlets are designed to provide.

One potential idea would be the formation of a crypto investment group that does this due diligence for people and makes recommendations to its members... (DCEBrief service perhaps, anyone?), but all of this will be solved by the time DNotes launches NextGen VC services, and has consumer protection mechanisms in place that ensure correct value proposition is communicated for all investment projects.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 04:56:56 AM

That's an interesting article. One point the article isn't making quite blatantly is that cryptocurrencies allow people with small amounts of money to invest into the game. To be a VC, you have to already have a net worth of at least a million dollars. But with digital tokens anyone who wants to can put in a thousand dollars or less and see where it goes.

My personal experience is that unless the ICO is structured carefully (and most aren't) the price of the tokens will drop from ICO price once the coin hits the market. So, even if I think the coin is a good project, I usually wait until it goes on the market before I buy in. Often there is a fairly rapid correction and then you can buy in at a nice low.

The standard investment advice applies here. Only invest what you can afford to lose. Although I agree that ICOs are happening more often than perhaps warranted, I'm glad that people with good ideas have found an easier way to raise money and I'm glad that people can invest as much or as little as they want without having to prove to some regulatory agency that they are worthy of it. There's a lot more freedom for small income people to have some of the same opportunities that used to be reserved only for the wealthy. But with that freedom comes responsibility. Before investing you have to do your due diligence and make sure that you are investing in something that has a chance of succeeding. If you make a mistake, then learn from it. Only invest what you can afford to lose. If you are raising funds, then be responsible with them and make it your priority that your investors get ROI.

It is difficult to argue that the ICO market is out of control. I doubt if very many of them are even aware (or care) of the specific regulations they may be subject to. I don't know anything about the particular ICO example in the article, but what the author said about it did catch my attention:

"...raised US$12.5 million in 12 minutes on April 24, resulting in a market cap of almost US$300 million. It’s generated no revenue and has little more than a white paper describing what it intends to do. Yet its tokens, which would allow users to bet on things such as election outcomes, soared eightfold in the three weeks since May 2, giving it a valuation of over US$2 billion"

Silicon Valley’s hot new way of investing is through an ‘initial coin offering,’ but it comes with a catch

http://business.financialpost.com/investing/silicon-valleys-hot-new-way-of-investing-is-through-an-initial-coin-offering-but-it-comes-with-a-catch

It's absolutely crazy that an ICO like Storj can generate this type of "market capitalization", which is backed by absolutely nothing. No company profit, not even tied to the companies FUTURE profits, lol!

"Instead, the tokens’ value derives from their utility in the firm’s app, by providing access to data storage on a distributed network. They are the latest entry in the growing ledger of cryptocurrencies, digital coins that unlock myriad apps across the computing world. The coins are tradable on dozens of online exchanges and demand for all sorts of them has exploded as people speculate on the next big tech startup."

Ahem, no. What they're actually saying is that a lot of people saw the value in making advanced payment for the use of a platform before it has even been developed. It's as though somebody wrote a whitepaper for Netflix, and then said to a bunch of people "do you want to prepay like 5 years worth of TV in advance? There COULD be a potential upside if people speculatively trade them... [or they could become worth nothing]" - yup that sounds a great gamble to take for value proposition - just rely on the whims of altcoin and crypto-asset traders, and your ability to discern the 'top' of the bubble.

here are many clear advantages to doing an ICO - no minimum capital injection requirements being one of them, as Wiser mentioned. But the people that only have these lesser amounts of capital to invest are not the kind of people skilled in discerning good investments from one another, and are likely younger people who have never read a company's financial report. The issues here represent a maturity issue for ICO issuance. The solution is better education, of which this forum, and our media outlets are designed to provide.

One potential idea would be the formation of a crypto investment group that does this due diligence for people and makes recommendations to its members... (DCEBrief service perhaps, anyone?), but all of this will be solved by the time DNotes launches NextGen VC services, and has consumer protection mechanisms in place that ensure correct value proposition is communicated for all investment projects.

Very well said TeeGee!
The prevalent, but misguided attitude in cryptocurrency is that it is 'different this time' and there is no need for any regulation or financial reporting, as the whole industry will just govern itself.
The rate of failure will also stay the same as in all the other startup booms - 90% will fail. Almost 30% of the failures will be because they ran out of money! $300 million collected for a whitepaper and a promise, and there is a 30% chance the money will be gone before the project is done??

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
TeeGee

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 05:58:21 AM

Very well said TeeGee!
The prevalent, but misguided attitude in cryptocurrency is that it is 'different this time' and there is no need for any regulation or financial reporting, as the whole industry will just govern itself.
The rate of failure will also stay the same as in all the other startup booms - 90% will fail. Almost 30% of the failures will be because they ran out of money! $300 million collected for a whitepaper and a promise, and there is a 30% chance the money will be gone before the project is done??

Over time industry best practices should form, with or without said regulation. People learn to sieve through the rubbish, and ventures that offer, for example, private contracts to enforce consequences regarding fiduciary responsibility for all investors (we have smart contract capability to become more mainstream too), along with financial reporting should make the best investment decisions much more obvious. All the money will flow into better performing and more trusted platforms - like say, DNotes NextGen VC platform, and every other venture will be forced to emulate the model to attract the serious investors, or come and see the benefits our service will provide.

The incentives to do it properly already exist, just most people don't 'see it' - these people certainly are not any central authority like the government.

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 01:27:35 PM

I agree that providing education on how the cryptocurrency industry works and how to read and interpret things company financials and sound economic principles in general would be an awesome contribution.

I'm not in any way endorsing entities who are fundamentally scammers, as in raising funds through ICOs and whatnot with no intent to ever deliver.

I am grateful for the increase in financial investment opportunities made available to people with lower amounts of disposable income. I hope no government regulation takes that away out of any intention to "save us from ourselves," such as by assuming that because we have only small amounts to invest that we have to be ignorant about what makes investments work. I know I personally have appreciated the increased opportunities and I have learned a lot through the experience. One of the things I've learned is that as a general rule, don't buy the ICOs, instead wait for the coin to hit the market because 99% of the time the price will drop and there will be good buying opportunities provided the fundamentals are good. Another thing I've learned more recently is don't buy it if it's "just a coin." Right now, being just a coin is not enough. Any new coin is going to have to be an entire ecosystem complete with value added infrastructure in order to make it. DNotes was very forward thinking in pioneering this concept at a time when it was still possible to launch "just a coin." But now you have Steem, NEM, Diamond, and Ethereum standing out precisely because they are more than just coins.
finist4x
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2017, 02:29:57 PM

How to exchange DNotes1 for DNotes2  ?    ... Is there a Russian branch?

Audit Smart Contract
{
 F    R    E    E

- AI - Audit tools
}
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -

#  DEVto
#  Tumblr
#  Medium

--
--
--
-- 
-- 
-- 
-- 
-- 
-- 
-- 
-- 
--

TeeGee

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 02:36:30 PM

How to exchange DNotes1 for DNotes2  ?    ... Is there a Russian branch?

Hi Finist4x, welcome to the forum!

DNotes 2 will be an automatic conversion if you hold your coins at our DNotesVault - www.dnotesvault.com

If you do not hold your DNotes there, you can send them there for automatic conversion at any time in the future. We are working to make the switch as easy as possible.

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 02:40:30 PM

Over time industry best practices should form, with or without said regulation. People learn to sieve through the rubbish, and ventures that offer, for example, private contracts to enforce consequences regarding fiduciary responsibility for all investors (we have smart contract capability to become more mainstream too), along with financial reporting should make the best investment decisions much more obvious. All the money will flow into better performing and more trusted platforms - like say, DNotes NextGen VC platform, and every other venture will be forced to emulate the model to attract the serious investors, or come and see the benefits our service will provide.

The incentives to do it properly already exist, just most people don't 'see it' - these people certainly are not any central authority like the government.

I am grateful for the increase in financial investment opportunities made available to people with lower amounts of disposable income. I hope no government regulation takes that away out of any intention to "save us from ourselves," such as by assuming that because we have only small amounts to invest that we have to be ignorant about what makes investments work.

I agree, we don't need any more burdensome regulation that puts a stranglehold on the industry. My point was that most of the current projects are not following the existing legislation that covers crowdfunding and/or the 'cast-a-wide-net' laws in place to cover anything that acts like a security. What will happen when the SEC or some other financial enforcement agency tells them they are operating in violation of the Securities Act? And... any further regulation should protect the consumer by targeting the scammers!

Wiser, it is because of people with lower incomes that I am so passionate about making a trusted cryptocurrency available to everyone. I would love nothing better for them to be the first investors in DNotes so they would see the biggest financial reward. You have a level of experience that allows you to understand what these projects can and can't deliver. People who are new to cryptocurrency don't, and in my humble opinion, the ICO frenzy (as it stands right now), is a dangerous place to put their limited investing funds. It is difficult to do due dilligence when you don't even know what it means, and especially if you are new to this industry. Insert education here -  Wink

The answer for these people is DNotes NextGen VC platform, knowing that it "has consumer protection mechanisms in place that ensure correct value proposition is communicated for all investment projects."

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 02:51:39 PM

I agree that providing education on how the cryptocurrency industry works and how to read and interpret things company financials and sound economic principles in general would be an awesome contribution.

I'm not in any way endorsing entities who are fundamentally scammers, as in raising funds through ICOs and whatnot with no intent to ever deliver.

I am grateful for the increase in financial investment opportunities made available to people with lower amounts of disposable income. I hope no government regulation takes that away out of any intention to "save us from ourselves," such as by assuming that because we have only small amounts to invest that we have to be ignorant about what makes investments work. I know I personally have appreciated the increased opportunities and I have learned a lot through the experience. One of the things I've learned is that as a general rule, don't buy the ICOs, instead wait for the coin to hit the market because 99% of the time the price will drop and there will be good buying opportunities provided the fundamentals are good. Another thing I've learned more recently is don't buy it if it's "just a coin." Right now, being just a coin is not enough. Any new coin is going to have to be an entire ecosystem complete with value added infrastructure in order to make it. DNotes was very forward thinking in pioneering this concept at a time when it was still possible to launch "just a coin." But now you have Steem, NEM, Diamond, and Ethereum standing out precisely because they are more than just coins.

You are correct, Wiser. As our industry matures, new participants will be more sophisticated and better financed. DNotes is amazingly well positioned and will be among the most innovative leaders - both in technologies and in business. We also believe that we are seeing the beginning of an influx of professional investors where due diligence is a pre-requsite in evaluating the commercial potential of their investments. This is particularly the case with managed funds. We are mindful of some very high bars to be measured up against and will position DNotes to be in the best position in serving this potentially massive target.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 03:01:29 PM

I am grateful for the increase in financial investment opportunities made available to people with lower amounts of disposable income. I hope no government regulation takes that away out of any intention to "save us from ourselves," such as by assuming that because we have only small amounts to invest that we have to be ignorant about what makes investments work.

I agree, we don't need any more burdensome regulation that puts a stranglehold on the industry. My point was that most of the current projects are not following the existing legislation that covers crowdfunding and/or the 'cast-a-wide-net' laws in place to cover anything that acts like a security. What will happen when the SEC or some other financial enforcement agency tells them they are operating in violation of the Securities Act? And... any further regulation should protect the consumer by targeting the scammers!

Wiser, it is because of people with lower incomes that I am so passionate about making a trusted cryptocurrency available to everyone. I would love nothing better for them to be the first investors in DNotes so they would see the biggest financial reward. You have a level of experience that allows you to understand what these projects can and can't deliver. People who are new to cryptocurrency don't, and in my humble opinion, the ICO frenzy (as it stands right now), is a dangerous place to put their limited investing funds. It is difficult to do due dilligence when you don't even know what it means, and especially if you are new to this industry. Insert education here -  Wink

The answer for these people is DNotes NextGen VC platform, knowing that it "has consumer protection mechanisms in place that ensure correct value proposition is communicated for all investment projects."

Chase, very well said. At DNotes, doing what is right and one that will benefit the most people is far more important to us than being "successful" quickly. I always believe that doing the right thing, the right way, at the right time with an admirable purpose is one of the most important contributors to business success. 
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 03:25:39 PM

DNotes History

Three years ago on May 24, 2014, DNotes had a market cap of $103,896 and occupied the 100th position on Coinmarketcap. The available supply at the time was 84,237,831, with each one worth $.001233.

There were 279 cryptocurrencies listed at that time and an industry market cap of $7,723,841,926.

http://coinmarketcap.com/historical/20140525/

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 04:34:36 PM

Chase, I definitely recommend DNotes as a good coin to get into Smiley
diamondblend23

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 06:01:38 PM

Very interesting how about price? Price will not fall if Dnotes2.0 become a POS coin? I think POS coin is easy to staking and getting?
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2017, 07:32:46 PM

Very interesting how about price? Price will not fall if Dnotes2.0 become a POS coin? I think POS coin is easy to staking and getting?

Welcome diamondblend23, and thank you for the questions.

POS is a different means of distributing the reward, all you need is your coins and computer to participate in the reward system and support the network. In POW miners have to spend money on advanced mining equipment and electricity to support the network and participate meaningfully in the reward structure, therefore often have a higher need to liquidate their holdings. On top of staking, we are also offering a blockchain based CRISP reward, which will earn a target of 2% annually, distributed monthly, for accounts that have coins for more than 30 days. This will further enhance the benefit of saving your DNotes for long term. However, the price is still based on the market forces of supply and demand, we recommend that everyone only invest what they can afford to lose.

Our vision is to build fundamental value for DNotes through the for profit company, DNotes Global Inc. and its infrastructure and services that we are building and working on. DNotes the currency owns up to 25% of DNotes Global Inc. (subject to dilution) which can be used in a number of ways to grow and support DNotes.

"I think POS coin is easy to staking and getting?"

Absolutely, our focus is to make it as easy as possible for everyone to participate staking as well as our CRISP program.

DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 05:33:09 AM

BITPoint Japan Plans to Facilitate Bitcoin Payments for Retailers

https://dcebrief.com/bitpoint-japan-plans-to-facilitate-bitcoin-payments-for-retailers/
alfaalfa

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 06:20:32 AM

POS is a different means of distributing the reward, all you need is your coins and computer to participate in the reward system and support the network. In POW miners have to spend money on advanced mining equipment and electricity to support the network and participate meaningfully in the reward structure, therefore often have a higher need to liquidate their holdings. On top of staking, we are also offering a blockchain based CRISP reward, which will earn a target of 2% annually, distributed monthly, for accounts that have coins for more than 30 days. This will further enhance the benefit of saving your DNotes for long term. However, the price is still based on the market forces of supply and demand, we recommend that everyone only invest what they can afford to lose.

Our vision is to build fundamental value for DNotes through the for profit company, DNotes Global Inc. and its infrastructure and services that we are building and working on. DNotes the currency owns up to 25% of DNotes Global Inc. (subject to dilution) which can be used in a number of ways to grow and support DNotes.

Absolutely, our focus is to make it as easy as possible for everyone to participate staking as well as our CRISP program.

Hi. I want to invest in this coin, now that I know about it. But I have a few questions before. Who owns 75% of DNotes Global Inc? And where can I find this, I searched for it and all I can find is an address.  And which one is subject to dilution the currency or the other 75%?

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 01:08:44 PM

Hi. I want to invest in this coin, now that I know about it. But I have a few questions before. Who owns 75% of DNotes Global Inc? And where can I find this, I searched for it and all I can find is an address.  And which one is subject to dilution the currency or the other 75%?

Hi alfaalfa, it is great to have you here and interested in DNotes!
Great questions - I will try to give you a quick answer until someone else can fill in the blanks.

This is the verifiable public information available:
DNotes Global, Inc. was incorporated in the State of Delaware on April 1, 2016, #6005128. It is a 01025 Stock Corporation ("C" Corporation). It is currently being built and great care is being taken to ensure it is done right, so there is a lot of legal work going on (the Law firm of Huck Bouma has been retained).

The 75% ownership will be held by the large investors who put up the big $$$$ to help fund this massive project. Depending on how it is structured, we may never know the identities of who has invested in it, if that information is not required to be made public (think of the 'silent partner' or ICO).

The 25% ownership held by DNotes currency will be subject to dilution. Future plans may require the company to go public with a stock offering in order to fund global growth. These investors will be expecting their money to increase the value of DNotes Global, not the currency (at least not directly). If the value of the company increases, the value of the currency also increases, and even though the % ownership may have decreased through dilution, the actual value of your stake shouldn't. It is a win/win situation and the first of its kind in cryptocurrency.

I hope this helps.  Smiley

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 03:23:24 PM

Hi. I want to invest in this coin, now that I know about it. But I have a few questions before. Who owns 75% of DNotes Global Inc? And where can I find this, I searched for it and all I can find is an address.  And which one is subject to dilution the currency or the other 75%?

Great questions - I will try to give you a quick answer until someone else can fill in the blanks.

DNotes Global, Inc. was incorporated in the State of Delaware on April 1, 2016, #6005128. It is a 01025 Stock Corporation ("C" Corporation). It is currently being built and great care is being taken to ensure it is done right, so there is a lot of legal work going on (the Law firm of Huck Bouma has been retained).

The 75% ownership will be held by the large investors who put up the big $$$$ to help fund this massive project. Depending on how it is structured, we may never know the identities of who has invested in it, if that information is not required to be made public (think of the 'silent partner' or ICO).

The 25% ownership held by DNotes currency will be subject to dilution. Future plans may require the company to go public with a stock offering in order to fund global growth. These investors will be expecting their money to increase the value of DNotes Global, not the currency (at least not directly). If the value of the company increases, the value of the currency also increases, and even though the % ownership may have decreased through dilution, the actual value of your stake shouldn't. It is a win/win situation and the first of its kind in cryptocurrency.

Thank you, Chase. Very well answered. At this time DNotes Global, Inc. is an early stage privately held company positioning to embark on some major projects mentioned in the DNotes road-map "2018 and beyond."  Like most start-ups, it is launched with a small amount of initial capital, which I (Google DNotes Alan Yong) personally provided, along with a few key DNotes supporters. It is unique that 25% of the ownership is allocated to DNotes's stakeholders because we want all of our long-term stakeholders to benefit from the success of DNotes Global.

At some point in the future, DNotes may seek additional seed/expansion funding which will result in more shareholders. Subsequently, we plan to utilize Crowdfunding under the Jobs Act to raise up to $20 in additional funding. Ultimately, we intent to take DNotes Global public with a substantial IPO. That will give DNotes that best changes of being a power player in our industry.

DNotes is unique in many ways. Beyond DNotes the digital currency, we have an entrepreneurial group committed to help manage DNotes as a business without controlling it as one. We have provided an abundance of materials through many links (OP) for those who like to do due diligence on DNotes before investing. It is our belief that as more professional investors participate in our industry easy access to accurate materials for purposes of due diligence is crucial.  
alfaalfa

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 05:07:38 PM

Thank you, Chase. Very well answered. At this time DNotes Global, Inc. is an early stage privately held company positioning to embark on some major projects mentioned in the DNotes road-map "2018 and beyond."  Like most start-ups, it is launched with a small amount of initial capital, which I (Google DNotes Alan Yong) personally provided, along with a few key DNotes supporters. It is unique that 25% of the ownership is allocated to DNotes's stakeholders because we want all of our long-term stakeholders to benefit from the success of DNotes Global.

At some point in the future, DNotes may seek additional seed/expansion funding which will result in more shareholders. Subsequently, we plan to utilize Crowdfunding under the Jobs Act to raise up to $20 in additional funding. Ultimately, we intent to take DNotes Global public with a substantial IPO. That will give DNotes that best changes of being a power player in our industry.

DNotes is unique in many ways. Beyond DNotes the digital currency, we have an entrepreneurial group committed to help manage DNotes as a business without controlling it as one. We have provided an abundance of materials through many links (OP) for those who like to do due diligence on DNotes before investing. It is our belief that as more professional investors participate in our industry easy access to accurate materials for purposes of due diligence is crucial.  

Thank you both for the answers. This is what I call a professional answer. I respect that. Looking forward to invest a part of my monthly investment fund in this project. I guess I'll see you around.
TeeGee

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 05:14:48 PM

Hi. I want to invest in this coin, now that I know about it. But I have a few questions before. Who owns 75% of DNotes Global Inc? And where can I find this, I searched for it and all I can find is an address.  And which one is subject to dilution the currency or the other 75%?

What is DNotes Global?

• DNotes Global is an incorporated company that was created by the DNotes founders to provide services, and hence increased value for the DNotes currency
  • The company's aims are to increase the value of the DNotes currency, and guide it towards mainstream consumer adoption. This will take a lot of investment, which is difficult to find without a profit making venture to support the goal. There needs to exist a business entity that supports this goal, and is loyal to the DNotes framework to take maximum advantage of the benefits the DNotes platform will offer, while the currency can take advantage of the network that the company will create
  • The company is privately owned, but 25% of this equity allocation has been gifted to the currency itself - think of this like Coinbase giving away 25% of its equity, and profits, to Bitcoin users, and all the while pumping all of its profits into further developing Bitcoin to foster rapid growth.
  • The currency will then have an intrinsic value tied to that of the DNotes Global company, being backed by an asset (the profits of a company), in the same way that a share in Google is backed by the profit and future growth that Google could achieve.
  • The stock of a company is tied to the value of its future profits.

So, let's say a Google share is worth $100, and it makes 10% yearly profit (ignoring it's potential for capital appreciation).

*Dividend and growth would likely be up to 10% (or higher with the right announcements, deals, partnerships etc)*
    *When there is less than 10% ROI able to be earned elsewhere in the market, people will invest in Google stock, this gives a floor buy support for Google stocks. Without this attachment to future profit share, investors take their money elsewhere.*

• DNotes Global has awarded 25% of its equity to its currency holders as a gift. The currency both has a speculative / appreciative value from its value as a better value medium of exchange, and contract, asset and other transfers, then further value provided from its share of DNotes Global's equity.*
  • This means anybody can take part in DNotes Global's success, without needing to come up with minimum capital requirements that are common in the VC world.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: