Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:31:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148797 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
TimMarsh

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 11:21:36 AM

You're totally correct regarding industry challenges. The trend we currently see is many adaptations of the wheel, whereupon players go around in circles in their mission to drive around the world. DNotes takes the approach that if the road is properly mapped out, we will notice that we need to get over sea too -- it is not the wheel, but flight that is required. Our plane may take a little longer to design, test, and deploy than everybody else's car, but when their cars can travel them no further, they must watch as we fly on. At that juncture, they can not re-engineer their car into an airplane by taking off their clever iteration of the wheel, and attaching wings in their stead.

All the work is in the preparation - "Map out the road ahead, and work out how far the best road may take you. Or just fly. TeeGee, 2017

Great analogy TeeGee. I've been designing systems in the business environment since the late 90s and developed this approach: Start at both ends. Don't just look at what you've got and aim for a destination. Also define the end product very carefully and be specific. Then work backwards to make sure you've got all the required structure in place. This reverse-design approach always reveals stumbling blocks that the headlong rush forward fails to identify. I'd love to conceptualise some typical usage cases for a final optimal product.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 12:55:07 PM

It all sounds incredible! Thanks for giving plenty of time for the change over! I'm getting quite a few people to get on board these days and spreading the word. It helps that i've owned and followed Dnotes for 3 years now. Funny thing is I tell everyone to buy small amount or whatever they're willing to lose in high risk, for the good potential to have enormous rewards. They agree to look into it and put a little in. I also tell them to FIRST research it for themselves, check out Dnotescoin.com, the forum, and Alan Yong himself... Next thing I Know there buying TONS of it Grin.. It shows that Dnotes has a LOT to show for itself and has a phenomenal vision! Also has plenty of resources to check out this present day.

What a great way to keep the price at a stable rise too. The chart will look great by the 4th quarter attracting more attention over the long run... and will probably even get some people gifting Dnotes for christmas this year! Great job everyone involved. I sure hope the community is sharing the secret before Dnotes 2.0 is released so that many people can get on board while it's undervalued.

I still want a Dnotes T-shirt Cheesy.. lol.. someday

Good morning, mrbum805. Thank you for your confidence in DNotes and our team. DNotes has been gaining momentum in multiple fronts these days. This will be a very exciting year for all of us.

For over a month now, we have been conducting our training, planning, and strategy sessions in a quiet location at our farm in Michigan. It has been very rewarding for me to spend full-time with some of our key supporters.

We are constantly reminded that for DNotes to be successful and be a positive force to our challenging world, it must fulfill the full functions of money with a noble purpose that will benefit many who barely make enough to put food on the table. The currency itself with its underpinning blockchain technologies, along with smart contracts, has immense capabilities and reach. We see these as an amazing set of tools that can be used to help many to become more successful in gaining financial independence. I am honored to notice that more people are beginning to understand and share our vision.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 01:33:33 PM

You're totally correct regarding industry challenges. The trend we currently see is many adaptations of the wheel, whereupon players go around in circles in their mission to drive around the world. DNotes takes the approach that if the road is properly mapped out, we will notice that we need to get over sea too -- it is not the wheel, but flight that is required. Our plane may take a little longer to design, test, and deploy than everybody else's car, but when their cars can travel them no further, they must watch as we fly on. At that juncture, they can not re-engineer their car into an airplane by taking off their clever iteration of the wheel, and attaching wings in their stead.

All the work is in the preparation - "Map out the road ahead, and work out how far the best road may take you. Or just fly. TeeGee, 2017

Great analogy TeeGee. I've been designing systems in the business environment since the late 90s and developed this approach: Start at both ends. Don't just look at what you've got and aim for a destination. Also define the end product very carefully and be specific. Then work backwards to make sure you've got all the required structure in place. This reverse-design approach always reveals stumbling blocks that the headlong rush forward fails to identify. I'd love to conceptualise some typical usage cases for a final optimal product.

TimMarsh, welcome to DNotes forum. We are honored to have your support and thanks for sharing your great prospective on some of the very real challenges confronting many developing countries including Cambodia and even Malaysia, where I came from 46 years ago.

We are leaving for Chicago to attend a Blockchain conference. Hopefully, I will find time this weekend to response to many of your great posts. We have a lot to share.
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:10:17 PM

Nice price increase. Btw when is switch to PoS planned?
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:30:45 PM

Hi kurbeks. The following is a quote from Dyna regarding the timeline in switching to POS.  Smiley

When will the transition to POS begin? I am very excited to stake my DNotes.

Thanks for asking this important question, FogHorn_LegHorn. We want to have plenty of time to get the word out so that no DNotes stakeholder will be left out. Other steps will be taken to ensure that even those who missed the coin conversion will not loose their DNotes. It does get complicated and we like to keep that to the absolute minimum. That being said, 3 months ETA is reasonable. We will update our community as we get closer to a firm date.

Our second objective is to give new investors time to acquire DNotes at a reasonable price. We are still a mine-able Proof of Work  (POW) coin. Most miners mine and liquidate to pay for their fixed expenses for their costly mining operations; causing an increase in the supply side. Once we switched over to become a Proof of Stake (POS) coin with an reasonable rate of return we expect the supply side to shrink and the demand side to increase. We will likely see DNotes more fairly valued. At this point, DNotes is yet to be discovered and understood because it is positioned very differently. To us, it is most important to do the right things that we believe will benefit everyone over the long term.

We share your excitement and appreciate your interest to support our network by participating in staking DNotes.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 05:05:09 PM

Reality check: If you have a lot of money, paying a $20 - $100 transaction fee may not bother you if it is done to transfer large amounts of money in a secure manner. For the other 99% of the world's population, it is a dealbreaker. At this point, bitcoin is no longer the 'currency of the people', or a currency at all for that matter. Your morning latte would cost $103.75... I don't think so!

Bitcoin Users Would Pay Up To $100 Fees: Adam Back, Bruce Fenton

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-users-would-pay-up-to-100-fees-adam-back-bruce-fenton

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

teko85

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 05:09:14 PM

Reality check: If you have a lot of money, paying a $20 - $100 transaction fee may not bother you if it is done to transfer large amounts of money in a secure manner. For the other 99% of the world's population, it is a dealbreaker. At this point, bitcoin is no longer the 'currency of the people', or a currency at all for that matter. Your morning latte would cost $103.75... I don't think so!

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-users-would-pay-up-to-100-fees-adam-back-bruce-fenton

I think also that this is a dealbreaker for 99% of the people...
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 06:17:38 PM

Meanwhile, BitPay's CEO says, “[W]e think Bitcoin is working perfectly.”
butragenjo

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 08:37:51 PM

I agree,volume in c-cex today is 0.87 BTC Smiley
TimMarsh

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 04:09:24 AM

I just did some math on the data available at: https://blockchain.info/stats
Date     | BTC in USD | Total Transactions | Total Fees in BTC | Fees x USD value | Total Fees in USD / Total Transactions |
Prev 24$2,835.89298304478.40223835$1,356,696.12$4.55

So yesterday's average transaction fee for BTC looks like it was $4.55
Let me know if that looks wrong. But it is a far cry from a $100 warning.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
TimMarsh

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 05:11:36 AM

Am I missing something?

I tried to do a deeper analysis of BTC transaction price over the last few years, based on a .csv file from:
https://blockchain.info/charts/n-transactions?timespan=30days

But the data in the file does not match the data on the website. For example, on June 6th 2017 the website says there were 297,416 transactions. In the .csv file for the same date, there are four records with different time stamps during that day:

06/06/17 02:28     68443215.5
06/06/17 09:02     65889910
06/06/17 15:36     69628230
06/06/17 22:10     77705274.5
These total:    281,666,630
Compared to:        297,416 on the website that supplied the .csv file.

That's a massive difference in the number of transactions per day, and they can't both be right. Because I don't have a feel for this data, can someone please point me in the right direction?

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 05:39:34 AM

Hello all! Apologies for the forum absence. Alan (DYNA), Joe (DNotes) and myself met up with MiningHabit for some food and a drink. Then we met another supporter, Sam who works for a fund in downtown Chicago at the Illinois Blockchain Center conference, as well as many other power players in the industry.

Joe, Tim, MiningHabit, and Alan.

Myself (left) with Alan (right) and Sam (next to him) and a couple great students we respectfully won't name without permission.

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:22:23 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2017, 02:42:20 AM by Chase

I just did some math on the data available at: https://blockchain.info/stats
Date     | BTC in USD | Total Transactions | Total Fees in BTC | Fees x USD value | Total Fees in USD / Total Transactions |
Prev 24$2,835.89298304478.40223835$1,356,696.12$4.55

So yesterday's average transaction fee for BTC looks like it was $4.55
Let me know if that looks wrong. But it is a far cry from a $100 warning.

Thanks Tim, that is very helpful!

You're right, $4.55 is a long way from $100. The wealthy may claim they would be willing to pay up to $100 fee (because they think bitcoin is worth it), but they are certainly thinking only of themselves with comments like that. Which users is Adam Back speaking of when saying he "bets users would too" (be willing to pay $100 per transaction)? Over 70% of the world's population lives on less than $10 a day, with around 3 billion people living on less than $2 a day. Even at $4.55 per transaction, how many people can afford that fee even for an occasional transfer of value? So much for financial inclusion. Sad

The possibility of extremely high fees in the future is certainly something for businesses to consider before going "all in" with bitcoin. Assuming we are at a really low level of transactions per day in this early stage of bitcoin adoption, any guesses on how high the fee could go?

TimMarsh

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 12:01:26 PM

The possibility of extremely high fees in the future is certainly something for businesses to consider before going "all in" with bitcoin. Assuming we are at a really low level of transactions per day in this early stage of bitcoin adoption, any guesses on how high the fee could go?

I agree with you Chase, that even $4.50 locks people out. As for a guess at the BTC's transaction charge ceiling, I can't even take a swing at it. But here's my reasoning: Bitcoin won't want to change their codebase while they are on the top of the tree. But as crypocurrencies gain widespread recognition, and people start installing crypto ATMs and accepting alt-coins for small product purchases, they will turn to the coins that cost less per transaction. If at this stage the price of bit-coin starts to drop, they will have to update their codebase.

If you are number one just because you were the first, and so have more of an aura of legitimacy, but fail to offer more in code or support, then as soon as you lose the number one spot, the reason for confidence evaporates. I'm sure the team supporting Bitcoin know this and will act before the transaction fee harms their top position. So I believe it will be fear of desertion that will cap the BTCs transaction fee.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 12:03:18 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2017, 07:55:30 PM by Dyna

Hello all! Apologies for the forum absence. Alan (DYNA), Joe (DNotes) and myself met up with MiningHabit for some food and a drink. Then we met another supporter, Sam who works for a fund in downtown Chicago at the Illinois Blockchain Center conference, as well as many other power players in the industry.

Joe, Tim, MiningHabit, and Alan.

Myself (left) with Alan (right) and Sam (next to him) and a couple great students we respectfully won't name without permission.

Thanks for the posts, Tim. Very productive day. The ribbon cutting conference at the Chicago Illinois Blockchain Center was well attended. I had the opportunity to catch up with some old friends and met a few new ones. As DNotes becomes significantly better established, it is slowly getting noticed by more people. This is still an early stage ground floor opportunity. We are barely just "off the gate". However, we are beginning to feel some sustained momentum. We appreciate all the support we have been getting. Thank you all.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 01:01:19 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2017, 08:04:07 PM by Dyna

It has been a long journey of hard work with relentless commitment to accomplish a clearly articulated Nobel vision of building a trusted digital currency for everyone worldwide to participate and benefit from its success. Since its founding on February 18, 2014 we had done so much, supported with massive written material, along long list of verifiable projects it may be interesting to take a snapshot or republish some of our more memorable posts. Let me the start of with one:

Do you know that 295 DNotes Retirement accounts with a savings of 6,597,995 DNotes is worth US$1,001,318.51 at the time of writing?

Direct copy and paste from DNotesVault:
http://dnotesvault.com/crisp-for-retirement.php

CRISP for Retirement Statistics
Funded Retirement Accounts   295
Principal Deposit Value   81,820.99 USD
Total Interest Payments   951,187 NOTE
Current USD Value   1,001,318.51 USD
Current DNotes   6,597,995 NOTE
Retirement Fund Bonus Balance   100,447 NOTE

CRISP For Retirement - A General Overview

CRISP for Retirement is an unstructured and self-directed plan, using DNotes as the investment vehicle to supplement retirement savings. Re-occurring savings, in any amount, may be added at any time. This savings plan can be started with any amount of DNotes by opening an account at DNotesVault with an expanded registration at the CRISP for Retirement landing page.

DNotesVault is a web wallet for DNotes, available to all DNotes' stakeholders, at no cost. All coins at DNotes Vault are guaranteed with a coin match program held in a separate cold storage wallet, in a different location. In the event that the DNotesVault is compromised and your coins have gone missing, 100% of your lost DNotes will be replaced through a guarantee fund with a verifiable balance always in excess of the total DNotesVault deposit.

How many times have you heard this or something similar: "Retire, are you kidding, I'll have to work till I can't stand up!" How many times have you said that or something similar?

One of the hardest things we do throughout our working years is plan for the future. So much time and effort go into just getting by that we forget most income is finite and that we will need to put some away to carry us through our later years. Unlike most structured retirement funds and pension systems, CRISP for Retirement is directed by YOU, not some fund managers or pension system trustees that may well make bad investments with your future.

Here, you control how much you save and the market, in general, controls what those savings will be worth in 5, 10, 20 or 30 years. It's simple, uncomplicated and you can see your plan any time you want to. You can add DNotes at any time, in any amount. Restrictions apply for withdrawing prior to the expiration of your chosen "locked in date" but, there are means available to request early withdrawal of your DNotes if needed.

Here at DNotes, we truly believe crypto/digital currency is the future. If you do as well, or, just want to diversify your traditional investments, then put away some DNotes for those often spoken of "Golden Years". Everyone at DNotes is ready and willing to help you.

Keep in mind that DNotes is the most stable digital currency among over 500 coins in the cryptocurrency space. It has also been one of the best performers based on return on investment. $100 invested in DNotes in March 2014, when it was first traded was worth over $2,000 by the end of 2014. Although there are no assurances that the value of DNotes will continue to appreciate at the same rate, or significantly lower, there are reasonable expectations that being an early stage investment and its strong growth path, DNotes has the potential to deliver potential high rate of returns. High potential returns investments are typically associated with high risk. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose in case of a total loss.

Bitcoin and DNotes are among the leaders in the new digital currency industry expected to be the next greatest technology revolution since the internet. This is an early stage or ground floor investment opportunity often associated with high risk for potential high returns. Seasoned investors typically budget no more than 10% of their portfolio in their asset allocation for high risk investments. We strongly recommend that you consider doing the same. CRISP for Retirement should only be funded as a supplemental savings vehicle to your overall retirement savings.

DNotesVault is a secure web wallet to store your DNotes at no cost to stakeholders. DNotesVault does not engage in buying, selling, or exchange any of fiat currency, digital currency or any property.

Buying DNotes safely online may take some time if you're not already involved in cryptocurrency trading. Consider this process like setting up a brand new bank account, in that once you are setup, it is easy to use.
bitcoin_newbie

Activity: 185

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 01:03:08 PM

I have been following this project and looks really amazing. I made an investment into Dnotes immediately after I did my full research. But I am very surprised - how is this so undervalued in the market when there are other coins with not this much functionality that are higher up the marketcap ladder? Very strange.
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 01:46:58 PM

I have been following this project and looks really amazing. I made an investment into Dnotes immediately after I did my full research. But I am very surprised - how is this so undervalued in the market when there are other coins with not this much functionality that are higher up the marketcap ladder? Very strange.

Welcome to DNotes bitcoin_newbie!

"But I am very surprised - how is this so undervalued in the market when there are other coins with not this much functionality that are higher up the marketcap ladder?"

That is the million dollar question. The team purposely kept a low profile until they had results to deliver, and never engaged in any of the 'pumping up the price' antics. Standing back and watching the mistakes made by others in this ever-changing industry, is a very clever way to get things right without wasting a lot of time and resources.  Wink

bitcoin_newbie

Activity: 185

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 02:13:13 PM

Perfect way to execute a project. Steady rise in DNote value without big P&D signifies how strong the project has laid its foundation. Good work devs!

Welcome to DNotes bitcoin_newbie!

"But I am very surprised - how is this so undervalued in the market when there are other coins with not this much functionality that are higher up the marketcap ladder?"

That is the million dollar question. The team purposely kept a low profile until they had results to deliver, and never engaged in any of the 'pumping up the price' antics. Standing back and watching the mistakes made by others in this ever-changing industry, is a very clever way to get things right without wasting a lot of time and resources.  Wink
TwoCorn

Activity: 135
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 11:57:53 PM

DNotes has cracked the top 100 in CoinMarketCap! I actually would like it to slow down a bit while I can still get some at a low price.  Wink

CryptoCopywriting.com
I write content and direct response copy for the blockchain and cryptocurrency industry
Website   BitcoinTalk    Twitter  Steemit
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: