Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:00:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148797 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
MiningHabit

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 04:36:23 AM

Hello all! Apologies for the forum absence. Alan (DYNA), Joe (DNotes) and myself met up with MiningHabit for some food and a drink.

After a few Asahi beers (thanks Tim and Joe for pushing the envelope here!), pitch perfect weather, witnessing some sweet street performances, and those beers.....I was perfectly amenable to spending a small fortune shopping with my daughter (the photog for this pic) on Michigan Avenue that evening. Not on clothes or nonsense like that, but rather a bunch of Frank Lloyd Wright pieces from the CA Foundation store. My fav is the "Tree of Life" woodcut Addy convinced me to get.

I have been following this project and looks really amazing. I made an investment into Dnotes immediately after I did my full research. But I am very surprised - how is this so undervalued in the market when there are other coins with not this much functionality that are higher up the marketcap ladder? Very strange.

“There is nothing more powerful in all the world than an idea whose time has come.”

--Victor Hugo

Combined with

"I think almost every great investment has a contrarian check. A lot of people will think that’s a bad investment. But you have a good reason for thinking it’s a good investment and it will get to scale. Those are typically the unusually great investments."

-Reid Hoffman

DNotes 2.0 - Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoin_newbie

Activity: 185

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 08:19:37 AM

Hello all! Apologies for the forum absence. Alan (DYNA), Joe (DNotes) and myself met up with MiningHabit for some food and a drink.

After a few Asahi beers (thanks Tim and Joe for pushing the envelope here!), pitch perfect weather, witnessing some sweet street performances, and those beers.....I was perfectly amenable to spending a small fortune shopping with my daughter (the photog for this pic) on Michigan Avenue that evening. Not on clothes or nonsense like that, but rather a bunch of Frank Lloyd Wright pieces from the CA Foundation store. My fav is the "Tree of Life" woodcut Addy convinced me to get.

I have been following this project and looks really amazing. I made an investment into Dnotes immediately after I did my full research. But I am very surprised - how is this so undervalued in the market when there are other coins with not this much functionality that are higher up the marketcap ladder? Very strange.

“There is nothing more powerful in all the world than an idea whose time has come.”

--Victor Hugo

Combined with

"I think almost every great investment has a contrarian check. A lot of people will think that’s a bad investment. But you have a good reason for thinking it’s a good investment and it will get to scale. Those are typically the unusually great investments."

-Reid Hoffman

Beautiful quotation that is. Actually doing a lot more reading about this project, I would love to be part of it. I am a serious developer with more than 13 yrs of commercial programming experience. Hopefully one day I can work with you all in this wonderful project. Good luck guys!
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 08:28:27 AM

--Victor Hugo

Combined with

-Reid Hoffman

Beautiful quotation that is. Actually doing a lot more reading about this project, I would love to be part of it. I am a serious developer with more than 13 yrs of commercial programming experience. Hopefully one day I can work with you all in this wonderful project. Good luck guys!

Hey Bitcoin_Newbie

Thanks heaps for the kind words! The project has been carefully planned since day one, with the goal that doing things the right way for long enough will ultimately lad to other people taking notice. We're very grateful and proud to have these efforts begin to be realized. If you could send DNotes a personal message, or send a message to contact@dnotescoin.com, we would be happy to speak with you.

felixir

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 08:57:02 AM

Hey team,

New to the forum, but have been aware of Dnotes since the start of 2015. At the time i was studying in Wellington and happened to randomly meet Tim one day. I overheard him talking about the future of money, blockchain, crypto coins etc. and was also paying close attention to the price of BTC, as i was sitting on 30 BTC i bought for $400 NZD a year or so before. 99% of people wouldn't have had a clue about what we were talking about, about 50% of them still wouldn't. I started talking to Tim about DNotes, and got to hear all about the CRISP programme, the vision DNotes had, and work they were doing around this. 2 1/2 years later, i'm still investing, and it is really great to see how far your company has come. A large group of my friends are all into trading on Poloniex, and DNotes and it's clear Dnotes are definitely worth holding on to. I'm looking forward to hearing what DNOTES 2.0 has in store for us, until then, cheers for the hard work - those beers are well deserved!

bitcoin_newbie

Activity: 185

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 09:27:10 AM

--Victor Hugo

Combined with

-Reid Hoffman

Hey Bitcoin_Newbie

Thanks heaps for the kind words! The project has been carefully planned since day one, with the goal that doing things the right way for long enough will ultimately lad to other people taking notice. We're very grateful and proud to have these efforts begin to be realized. If you could send DNotes a personal message, or send a message to contact@dnotescoin.com, we would be happy to speak with you.

Cheers for that. Sending a mail now.
TimMarsh

Activity: 187

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 09:54:45 AM

DNotes has cracked the top 100 in CoinMarketCap! I actually would like it to slow down a bit while I can still get some at a low price.  Wink

I know where you're coming from TwoCorn. We know Bitcoin has been booming lately, and the raised awareness has boosted a lot of alt-coin, but what's happening for DNotes is clearly more than piggy-backing on the BTC rise. I looked at the USD value of DNotes and Bitcoin and how they changed over the last month. I used data from here:

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dnotes/
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/

And while Bitcoin finished the last 31 days 164% higher than where it started, DNotes smashed right through that increase by achieving a thrilling 1,038% jump in value. So just to rub that jump in a little. Grin If you invest $10 today, you'll get yourself around 40 DNotes. If you'd done the same $10 investment just 31 days ago, you'd have scored around 418 of them. And enjoyed an extra month's excitement watching their value climb.
|Date|BTC|NOTE
|10 May 17|$1,736.09|$0.023916
|10 Jun 17|$2,846.09|$0.248157
|Percentage|164%|1038%

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 01:37:13 PM

--Victor Hugo

Combined with

-Reid Hoffman

Hey Bitcoin_Newbie

Cheers for that. Sending a mail now.

It has been a good past couple of days. Nick it was great to finally meet you in person after so many conversations online.

Welcome Bitcoin_Newbie! Appreciate the email. I will get back to you shortly.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 01:49:32 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2017, 01:59:47 PM by DNotes

Great turn out at the Blockchain conference, and got to meet a lot of great people. Below is Matthew Roszak, the event organizer and key speaker.

operabit
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 01:54:45 PM

Great turn out at the Blockchain conference, and got to meet a lot of great people. Below is Matthew Roszak, the even organizer and key speaker.

Yeah congratulations! Hopefully future dnotes will be better.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 04:56:54 PM

DNotes has cracked the top 100 in CoinMarketCap! I actually would like it to slow down a bit while I can still get some at a low price.  Wink

I know where you're coming from TwoCorn. We know Bitcoin has been booming lately, and the raised awareness has boosted a lot of alt-coin, but what's happening for DNotes is clearly more than piggy-backing on the BTC rise. I looked at the USD value of DNotes and Bitcoin and how they changed over the last month. I used data from here:

And while Bitcoin finished the last 31 days 164% higher than where it started, DNotes smashed right through that increase by achieving a thrilling 1,038% jump in value. So just to rub that jump in a little. Grin If you invest $10 today, you'll get yourself around 40 DNotes. If you'd done the same $10 investment just 31 days ago, you'd have scored around 418 of them. And enjoyed an extra month's excitement watching their value climb.
|Date|BTC|NOTE
|Percentage|164%|1038%

Wow! It's great to see everyone's hard work starting to pay off.  Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
TeeGee

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 05:36:47 PM

|Date|BTC|NOTE
|Percentage|164%|1038%

Wow! It's great to see everyone's hard work starting to pay off.  Smiley

That's some pretty interesting figures that you've gone and produced for us TimMarsh. I appreciate the effort. It is an important trend to keep track of, especially the showing that altcoin rises aren't necessarily off the back of Bitcoin - often many people sell out when Bitcoin goes through a rise, and now many people sell out with the expectation of jumping back in after a BTC price rise and altcoin price drop.

TeeGee

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 05:50:50 PM

Hey team,

New to the forum, but have been aware of Dnotes since the start of 2015. At the time i was studying in Wellington and happened to randomly meet Tim one day. I overheard him talking about the future of money, blockchain, crypto coins etc. and was also paying close attention to the price of BTC, as i was sitting on 30 BTC i bought for $400 NZD a year or so before. 99% of people wouldn't have had a clue about what we were talking about, about 50% of them still wouldn't. I started talking to Tim about DNotes, and got to hear all about the CRISP programme, the vision DNotes had, and work they were doing around this. 2 1/2 years later, i'm still investing, and it is really great to see how far your company has come. A large group of my friends are all into trading on Poloniex, and DNotes and it's clear Dnotes are definitely worth holding on to. I'm looking forward to hearing what DNOTES 2.0 has in store for us, until then, cheers for the hard work - those beers are well deserved!

Hey felixir!

Great to have you visit our forum. It has indeed been a long time since I saw you and got you to sign up to our "CRISP for Students program". The funny thing about the program, is that the 500 DNotes you received were probably worth some 2-3 dollars max at the time. Now those same 500 are worth more than one 100 US dollars. Not bad for just signing up an email account online huh! Back at that time, it wasn't common at all for people to hold Bitcoin, and I was surprised to hear you had some.

Do continue to drop us a line time to time!

zahidmoon

Activity: 1148
Merit: 269

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 09:12:39 PM

anyone can tel me which mining pool is best for mining dnote
Mine DNotes
https://dnotespool.com/
http://ispace.co.uk/coindetails/?coin=note&id=30
http://mining-dutch.nl/pools/dnotes/public/index.php?page=login
https://www.multipool.us/
https://hash-to-coins.com/
and which mining software is best for mine this dnote coin ??
MiningHabit

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 09:28:54 PM

Hey team,

You sir, are a smart, smart man. Allow me a little leeway and meandering a bit to explain exactly why.

Sadly, many (almost all) friends and acquaintances of mine have not heeded my pleas for them to "get some skin in the game." But I can understand why. Our national impulses are towards stasis. We literally hate losses WAY more than equivalent gains. Losing hurts way more than similar winning. I was a shitty hedge fund trader because I get too emotional about my investments. Most people do, which is why probabilistically structured zero-sum games like day-trading and poker are profitable in the long-term for only 5% of people.

I was tutored by a luminary in the poker game back in the day on how to apply the Nash Equilibrium to single table tournament poker (and with a little finesse, multi-table tourneys). That's great. But lots of people (relatively speaking) can understand that stuff. That didn't make a player special, or especially profitable.

Here's why, by way of example: I was the chipleader going into the final table of a 22,000 person tournament with life-changing top three money, and had just outplayed and eliminated the #1 ranked online player in the world a few moments back to amass a lot of chips. I was locked in and playing some of the best cards of my life. And then I outplayed players in 2 different hands right after the final table started, to get them to commit all their chips to the middle when 80-90% underdogs. I got horribly horribly unlucky in both spots and crashed out in 9th for ok money. That's poker. There is a certain class of people who are rare, who can literally play their next hand with completely optimal rationality. Me? I went on tilt and played like a tool at large stake cash games and lost the lion's share of my profit.

The point? I am not slating my friends for not being fast followers of my altcoin strategies. But I wish more would. Because they would, right now, be able to pay off their mortgages with altcoin gains if they listened to me. But they didn't. And most won't until all of this is mainstream.

So coming back around to my first statement: good on you for taking the leap. And I deeply, existentially mean that.

I'm big into philosophy. I actually named by firstborn son, Soren, after my hero Kierkegaard. He once wrote in the Concluding Unscientific Postscript:“What if, rather than speaking or dreaming of an absolute beginning, we speak of a leap?”

At some point in the human experience, all the reason in the world doesn't matter. Because we aren't reasonable beings. In fact the entire field of economics is based off of creating this idealized version of man, the "homo economicus" who makes totally rational decisions all of the time. (side note: this harvard white paper is one of the best things I've ever read about the upcoming AI revolution. AI literally perfects extant economic theory: https://dash.harvard.edu/bitstream/handle/1/25622971/_aiEcon.pdf

We use reason as a fundamental tool, and far, far better than any other species, to be sure. But as Einstein said “The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.”

And so, given all of modernity weighing itself upon you: to truly, intuitively take on board a given point of view back before it had much rational merit in terms of popularity.....you deserve an absurd amount of credit.

DNotes 2.0 - Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0
MiningHabit

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 09:40:27 PM

Great turn out at the Blockchain conference, and got to meet a lot of great people. Below is Matthew Roszak, the event organizer and key speaker.

Neat! We seem to know many of the same startup people in Illinois. I noticed that he's helped start Tally Capital and had to comment on the About Us story explaining the name  (https://www.linkedin.com/company-beta/7956119/). Having spent some formative years abroad in the UK, I can't believe I never knew about the Tally system! Ya learn something new everyday, indeed.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 09:54:12 PM

anyone can tel me which mining pool is best for mining dnote
Mine DNotes
https://dnotespool.com/
http://ispace.co.uk/coindetails/?coin=note&id=30
http://mining-dutch.nl/pools/dnotes/public/index.php?page=login
https://www.multipool.us/
https://hash-to-coins.com/
and which mining software is best for mine this dnote coin ??

HI Zahidmoon, welcome to the forum.  What sort of equipment are you using?

Picking a pool, you will want one that is likely closer to you geographically to ensure a nice fast connection. Then you will want to make sure they have a decent hashrate to ensure you will be able to find blocks fairly quickly.

TeeGee

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 10:01:46 PM

Hey team,

You sir, are a smart, smart man. Allow me a little leeway and meandering a bit to explain exactly why.

Sadly, many (almost all) friends and acquaintances of mine have not heeded my pleas for them to "get some skin in the game." But I can understand why. Our national impulses are towards stasis. We literally hate losses WAY more than equivalent gains. Losing hurts way more than similar winning. I was a shitty hedge fund trader because I get too emotional about my investments. Most people do, which is why probabilistically structured zero-sum games like day-trading and poker are profitable in the long-term for only 5% of people.

I was tutored by a luminary in the poker game back in the day on how to apply the Nash Equilibrium to single table tournament poker (and with a little finesse, multi-table tourneys). That's great. But lots of people (relatively speaking) can understand that stuff. That didn't make a player special, or especially profitable.

Here's why, by way of example: I was the chipleader going into the final table of a 22,000 person tournament with life-changing top three money, and had just outplayed and eliminated the #1 ranked online player in the world a few moments back to amass a lot of chips. I was locked in and playing some of the best cards of my life. And then I outplayed players in 2 different hands right after the final table started, to get them to commit all their chips to the middle when 80-90% underdogs. I got horribly horribly unlucky in both spots and crashed out in 9th for ok money. That's poker. There is a certain class of people who are rare, who can literally play their next hand with completely optimal rationality. Me? I went on tilt and played like a tool at large stake cash games and lost the lion's share of my profit.

The point? I am not slating my friends for not being fast followers of my altcoin strategies. But I wish more would. Because they would, right now, be able to pay off their mortgages with altcoin gains if they listened to me. But they didn't. And most won't until all of this is mainstream.

So coming back around to my first statement: good on you for taking the leap. And I deeply, existentially mean that.

I'm big into philosophy. I actually named by firstborn son, Soren, after my hero Kierkegaard. He once wrote in the Concluding Unscientific Postscript:“What if, rather than speaking or dreaming of an absolute beginning, we speak of a leap?”

At some point in the human experience, all the reason in the world doesn't matter. Because we aren't reasonable beings. In fact the entire field of economics is based off of creating this idealized version of man, the "homo economicus" who makes totally rational decisions all of the time. (side note: this harvard white paper is one of the best things I've ever read about the upcoming AI revolution. AI literally perfects extant economic theory: https://dash.harvard.edu/bitstream/handle/1/25622971/_aiEcon.pdf

We use reason as a fundamental tool, and far, far better than any other species, to be sure. But as Einstein said “The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.”

And so, given all of modernity weighing itself upon you: to truly, intuitively take on board a given point of view back before it had much rational merit in terms of popularity.....you deserve an absurd amount of credit.

I find myself in complete agreement MiningHabit.

Once upon a time I posted the following video in our old forum, that I highly recommend people watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO8MwBZl-Vc

In it, a lone man begins dancing at a festival, looking somewhat ridiculous among his peers. For a time he is alone, before more people gradually begin following. Eventually a tipping point is realized, and sheep mentality dictates to the human psyche that it is better to be involved in the next big thing, once it is already becoming the next big thing - because everybody is already getting involved in it.

Crypto has reached this stage. And from my observation, DNotes has too. People have begun to see the value inherent in our ecosystem, and the future earning potential DNotes as a currency holds with the backing of a profit-generating company funding its development, and sustaining its value. Right now, it is becoming preferred for everybody to get involved because everybody else has already made it clear that is the 'next big thing'. This decision was not rational in nature, or they would have come in when the value was logically obvious. The decision was made when everybody else finally caught on to the value, i.e. everybody else decided for them what they would bother to look into. When they did look into crypto they saw the value, and are left kicking themselves as to why they didn't join in sooner.

The good news? Well, it is still early days. This is still a ground-floor investment. We have a long way to go, and there are many more people still to join.

phildonovan

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 10:44:57 PM

Hello DNote world,

Similar to felixir, I've been tracking DNotes for a while since TeeGee introduced me. Great to see all the development work and soon, once a few work commitments die down, I'd like to get involved.

PD
TeeGee

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 10:50:27 PM

Hello DNote world,

Similar to felixir, I've been tracking DNotes for a while since TeeGee introduced me. Great to see all the development work and soon, once a few work commitments die down, I'd like to get involved.

PD

Hey Phil,

Welcome to our new forum! It's great to see so many old faces returning to check in. A lot has been going on, and we're just following the mantra that "success beings as a process".

TG

HORT

Activity: 508
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 11:54:30 PM

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/MarketItem/4797

If anyone would like a DNotes genesis coin. Cheers!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: