Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:35:20 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148798 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 11:24:21 AM

Coins with the highest returns BTC I have invested in with the most for profits: DNote and Fastcoin Grin

That is excellent. Congratulations, Klouri and welcome to DNotes' forum.
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 01:53:27 PM

Coins with the highest returns BTC I have invested in with the most for profits: DNote and Fastcoin Grin

Hi Klouri, and welcome to the forum!

We are glad that your holding of DNotes has worked out well for you thus far. It is our view that this is only the beginning, and we have significant upgrades pending as reflected by the purpose of this forum. We will continue to upgrade our platform in a modular manner thereafter, and hope to rapidly scale up now that much of our initial infrastructure is in place.

I've never heard of Fastcoin though.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2017, 04:04:45 PM

Good Morning, Parents, Grand Parents, and friends - in case you didn't have a chance to check lately, DNotes' Kids with a CRISP account are doing very well saving for the future and their education. Below is the list of the Top Ten:

Source: http://dnotesvault.com/crisp-for-kids.php
June 5, 2017 6:10 am (CDT)

CRISP for Kids Rich List

Nickname   Wallet Address                                                   Balance           USD Value

Booberry   DX4XqUZ2E69QEEY8EWtVnCvwwVjWB4PuNN   47309.449   $13,160.97
Xenia   DYn4CnQxvobrEweSfpAuhcPcrfdZcWG7qx           35800              $9,959.17
Tamara   DnvFbsqCu7UF2ndM6ujy1siryqFWakvR35           35800           $9,959.17
Lara           DVLJQBNmGAcjtnKSC7HLcJnFZ3M6GicXBG     35070.92           $9,756.35
Martin   DhhVpGdADU7h5MxQFDr8cSqLaxAfXJoFFv           32800           $9,124.60
Filip           Dfxgc39QUaTGwtj57bjERYNBoBpcbz8u1o           32800             $9,124.60
giovanni   DpAd9AoEWU6bpzG1Lntzyxa4GQa89GWP9T        30070               $8,365.38
Baby.Lilly   Dq8cRTf8hMXvgBQhsUtQ1d6LSk89i41wXz           27700           $7,705.84

Helping secure the future of our children and grandchildren

"CRISP for Kids has been created to help our children and grandchildren develop strong saving habits early, in order to secure their financial future. This is an unstructured and self-directed plan, using DNotes as the investment vehicle. Re-occurring savings, in any amount, may be added at any time.

CRISP is the brain-child of Chase, a core team member of CryptoMoms; a community with a dedicated mission to encourage and assist women to participate in the cryptocurrency world currently dominated by men. CryptoMoms.com is a currency neutral site, offering rich content on everything one needs to know about cryptocurrency. It has a very helpful community ready to answer any questions promptly. CryptoMoms was created by, and is fully funded by, the DNotes team.

As the most stable digital currency with a solid track record of reliable appreciation, DNotes offers the potential of high returns on long-term investment. A large family of CRISPs. will be offered in an effort to expand this investment opportunity beyond the early adopters of this emerging industry
. ......"

Fantastic! Very happy to see the CRISP programs working for the intended purpose.

TeeGee

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 04:26:04 PM

Good Morning, Parents, Grand Parents, and friends - in case you didn't have a chance to check lately, DNotes' Kids with a CRISP account are doing very well saving for the future and their education. Below is the list of the Top Ten:

Source: http://dnotesvault.com/crisp-for-kids.php
June 5, 2017 6:10 am (CDT)

CRISP for Kids Rich List

Nickname   Wallet Address                                                   Balance           USD Value

Booberry   DX4XqUZ2E69QEEY8EWtVnCvwwVjWB4PuNN   47309.449   $13,160.97
Xenia   DYn4CnQxvobrEweSfpAuhcPcrfdZcWG7qx           35800              $9,959.17
Tamara   DnvFbsqCu7UF2ndM6ujy1siryqFWakvR35           35800           $9,959.17
Lara           DVLJQBNmGAcjtnKSC7HLcJnFZ3M6GicXBG     35070.92           $9,756.35
Martin   DhhVpGdADU7h5MxQFDr8cSqLaxAfXJoFFv           32800           $9,124.60
Filip           Dfxgc39QUaTGwtj57bjERYNBoBpcbz8u1o           32800             $9,124.60
giovanni   DpAd9AoEWU6bpzG1Lntzyxa4GQa89GWP9T        30070               $8,365.38
Baby.Lilly   Dq8cRTf8hMXvgBQhsUtQ1d6LSk89i41wXz           27700           $7,705.84

Helping secure the future of our children and grandchildren

"CRISP for Kids has been created to help our children and grandchildren develop strong saving habits early, in order to secure their financial future. This is an unstructured and self-directed plan, using DNotes as the investment vehicle. Re-occurring savings, in any amount, may be added at any time.

CRISP is the brain-child of Chase, a core team member of CryptoMoms; a community with a dedicated mission to encourage and assist women to participate in the cryptocurrency world currently dominated by men. CryptoMoms.com is a currency neutral site, offering rich content on everything one needs to know about cryptocurrency. It has a very helpful community ready to answer any questions promptly. CryptoMoms was created by, and is fully funded by, the DNotes team.

As the most stable digital currency with a solid track record of reliable appreciation, DNotes offers the potential of high returns on long-term investment. A large family of CRISPs. will be offered in an effort to expand this investment opportunity beyond the early adopters of this emerging industry
. ......"

Quite frankly, this is very impressive.

These are mostly young children, some not even a year old, and they have potentially 13+ thousand dollars USD of cryptocurrency to their name. How many parents can claim they've done that for their children by the time they reach college? How many of those who do can claim they did it with such a small investment, some of which would only be a few hundred dollars?

The best part? There is still a lot of room to move.

This value drive is a direct function of our careful business-minded approach to cryptocurrency, where real value is created as part of the currency ecosystem rather than hoping more people will constantly purchase the same asset for an ever inflating price, without any new actual tangible value created in the system. One example is future profit generation made from essential services, advertising, and media content being routed back into the ecosystem to provide an intrinsic value to the currency the way a share of equity works, while the business operations of those profit sources build value into the currency themselves - DCEBrief disseminates crypto-related news, DNotesVault keeps your DNotes secure, Cryptomoms engages the female population to encourage female participation in our environment, DnotesEDU (volunteer effort by key supporters) educates new users and offers lessons in financial planning. All of these properties are designed to rapidly scale at the right time. Meanwhile the currency itself is being upgraded to include key industry features and more, built with integration of the ecosystem around it in mind.

Every time one of DNotes related properties increases in value, so does the stock in DNotes Global, and given our currency also acts as a share in DNotes Global, the currency itself benefits too.

"Synergy is everywhere in nature. If you plant two plants close together, the roots commingle and improve the quality of the soil so that both plants will grow better than if they were separated. If you put two pieces of wood together, they will hold much more than the total weight held by each separately. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. One plus one equals three or more." - Stephen Covey

MiningHabit

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 04:58:35 PM

It's not Thursday, but how about a throwback Sunday? It occurred to me that with so many folks like HOLT, mrbum805, myself, and others returning back to the fold via this new thread....that each of us have interesting origin stories about their first forays with DNotes, specifically, and Crypto, generally. Would love to hear from the stalwarts like Chase as well!

I got into crypto, as my username suggests, via Mining. ASICs were prevalent on BTC already, and so I GPU mined Scrypt coins, starting with Altcoin. But I was searching for a coin that was just starting up, and found the NOTE Announcement thread. It was obvious that this this was where I would point my miner the day it started. Regardless of relative profitabilities and all that, my miner stayed trained on NOTE, until I broke down the rig a year later or so.

But the real story is the 2014 World Cup. I discovered a platform called Anonibet, and realized I could bet on the World Cup there, and it was costless (in the sense that it was all free money from mining NOTE). So I turned some NOTE into BTC and had a ton of fun taking various punts. Tim Howard's legendary goalkeeping performance for the USA vs Belgium, which saw them lose, but earn a draw over the first 90 minutes, had me flying high. But I'll never forgive Messi for scoring no goals in the WC Semi or the WC Final. If the "best player ever" in either of the biggest games of his career, I would have been swimming in bitcoin!

As it stood, I think I made something like 1.5 bitcoin during the WC. But the wholllllle point is the outstanding memory of the experience, was that when I went to turn those bitcoins back into dnotes -because dnotes tripled in value (to something like 3 or 400 satoshis) during that month - I ended up buying back way less NOTE than I started with. That was my first introduction to the relative volatilities of different coins as they relate to each other. I paid a bitcoin profit, but still ended up lose in terms of net value. Fascinating!

DNotes 2.0 - Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0
MiningHabit

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 05:06:19 PM

I know the feeling. My parents threw out my comic collection when I moved out and went off to college. A pile of Golden and Silver Age books - including some that I've since watched sell at auction for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Who knew...?

Whatttttttt? I know next to nothing of the comic world. I did baseball cards back in the day, so I know there are certain iconic cards, and I'd imagine the same for comics. But there are collectible ones which are that valuable in today's terms? Whoa

DNotes 2.0 - Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0
TeeGee

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 05:14:07 PM

We use reason as a fundamental tool, and far, far better than any other species, to be sure. But as Einstein said “The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.”

And so, given all of modernity weighing itself upon you: to truly, intuitively take on board a given point of view back before it had much rational merit in terms of popularity.....you deserve an absurd amount of credit.

I have to agree with you MinigHabit, and you put it really well. As a fiction writer, I've been spending a lot of time thinking about the performance of the logical mind compared to the intuitive mind. And because I get to experiment with both risk-free in my creations, I get to test out a lot of theories. For many tasks, and especially those with lots of complex inputs, the intuitive mind is far more successful. So you'd think we would trust it more. Here is why we don't:

Our logical mind is like following a path in the daytime. We can look back at our thought processes because they were conscious. We can even map out our path by writing down our assumptions that led us to where we are. And using many tools, we can gain confidence in our prediction of the path ahead. Reason, being a largely conscious process, is subject to conscious scrutiny and gains our conscious trust.

But our unconscious mind is where intuition comes from. It's like a black, inscrutable pool that, like some mystic well, delivers forth images of our future, much more more accurately than our reasoning mind ever could. But we can never see how it does it. This strange gift within us is beyond our logical analysis, and despite its superior performance historically, we find it hard to trust.

Simply by recognising these aspects of weighing reasoned motivation against intuitive motivation helps us trust intuition more. Knowing that our uncertainty comes from inscrutability, rather than poor performance, is of great value. To reinforce that, it is sometimes helpful to remember how often our heart has been right about what someone is like, and how often our reasoning has let us down when judging the nature of someone.

But intuition is different from hope, and very different from desire. There are no clear instructions for telling these things apart. And fear can look a lot like intuition saying no, when this is not the case. Learning to discern intuition from our other emotions, learning to trust intuition, and explore the sources of other emotions is just as important to success as education and training the logical mind. And fortunately it is just as rewarding as well.

I recall reading a pop-psychology book called "blink", some ~10-12 years ago at my best guess, when I was 18 that was centered around the concepts you have outlined, or the ability for experts to "thin-slice" situations intuitively. Evolution has honed our social intelligence, allowing us to read people accurately on first impressions (some are better than others). For example, an art expert can 'thin-slice' a 2000 year old painting, and in the blink of an eye know whether it is a fake. This means speed-dating may not be such a bad idea - if you trust your first impression. It also brings to the front of the mind the reason that the first impression of your business is so crucial, and why DNotes has taken the approach that it has, rather than trying to drum up meaningless excitement that only lasts the short-term. Potential stakeholders will decide very quickly if they trust you, so what have you done to earn their trust?

TeeGee

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 05:43:19 PM

It's not Thursday, but how about a throwback Sunday? It occurred to me that with so many folks like HOLT, mrbum805, myself, and others returning back to the fold via this new thread....that each of us have interesting origin stories about their first forays with DNotes, specifically, and Crypto, generally. Would love to hear from the stalwarts like Chase as well!

I got into crypto, as my username suggests, via Mining. ASICs were prevalent on BTC already, and so I GPU mined Scrypt coins, starting with Altcoin. But I was searching for a coin that was just starting up, and found the NOTE Announcement thread. It was obvious that this this was where I would point my miner the day it started. Regardless of relative profitabilities and all that, my miner stayed trained on NOTE, until I broke down the rig a year later or so.

But the real story is the 2014 World Cup. I discovered a platform called Anonibet, and realized I could bet on the World Cup there, and it was costless (in the sense that it was all free money from mining NOTE). So I turned some NOTE into BTC and had a ton of fun taking various punts. Tim Howard's legendary goalkeeping performance for the USA vs Belgium, which saw them lose, but earn a draw over the first 90 minutes, had me flying high. But I'll never forgive Messi for scoring no goals in the WC Semi or the WC Final. If the "best player ever" in either of the biggest games of his career, I would have been swimming in bitcoin!

As it stood, I think I made something like 1.5 bitcoin during the WC. But the wholllllle point is the outstanding memory of the experience, was that when I went to turn those bitcoins back into dnotes -because dnotes tripled in value (to something like 3 or 400 satoshis) during that month - I ended up buying back way less NOTE than I started with. That was my first introduction to the relative volatilities of different coins as they relate to each other. I paid a bitcoin profit, but still ended up lose in terms of net value. Fascinating!

I enjoyed reading your story MiningHabit - I was supporting Argentina in said world cup, and had 0.2 BTC on both Argentina and Germany to be winners (only bets I placed) from the start of the tournament. It was fun watching those two teams play one another in the final.

My crypto-introduction was perhaps ~2011 or 2012 after watching a video about someone that I got the impression had started up their own currency (Bitcoin), looking back, it was probably somebody running a Bitcoin outfit. Regardless, I dismissed it as monopoly money, or as some type of contra/barter exchange system between businesses for which I would have no care for. My mistake.

Come the beginning of 2014, I purchased a high end computer that I could play games on if I so desired. I equipped it with an R9 280x. A few days after purchasing, I saw a friend posting about mining "dogecoin", and the hash that he was pulling using his GPU. It interested me to know what mine could do, because I have a strange desire to know things about things I don't even care about. So I went and downloaded CGMiner, aimed it at a pool, and began mining dogecoin. I quickly decided doge was a joke, and aimed my miner at Litecoin for a few weeks. I got particularly excited when I realized I was mining 5 or so dollars worth of Litecoin daily on my machine, running it 24 hours, that I could actually trade for 'modern money'. It had a value.

Over time, my earning potential in Litecoin became nearly nil, but I was hooked. After more thinking, I realized that cryptocurrency was the answer to all the things I cared about - sound monetary systems, reduced exposure to bureaucratic over-reach, mitigated economic hardship, peer-to-peer asset exchange, and a voluntary society based on free-markets and serving one another as opposed to the top-down dictate that we currently experience. Crypto resonated with me on a personal level, I just wanted to get involved any way I could. I had spent hundreds of hours researching cryptocurrencies while on uni break, and I started watching the announcement threads. At this time there was some 30-100 new coins being released every month, and I knew most of them were complete junk. I eventually narrowed down what I viewed to be the two best "upcoming" coins that had potential to be in: Syscoin, and DNotes. Both of these coins are now entrenched in the cryptocurrency world as success stories, with much more to come.

When comparing the two head on, I noticed that DNotes had a tightly focused conversation on the forum surrounding strategy, and a business minded vision that personally resonated with me. The tone of the conversation wasn't "let's go to the moon", but instead more conservative in its approach of building a more sustainable framework that would work long-term. I trusted what I was reading, and much of the content that I was reading was by the developers themselves, and not hyped-up narrative from bagholders like I had seen elsewhere. I checked out the domains, googled who they belonged to, noticed that there was big-business experience with government contracts (up to 400m in 1991/2), and knowledge of nascent technologies (the tablet computer) on the team. That was enough for me.

I then started mining predominantly DNotes (or nearly only), until it became completely unprofitable to do so, and my GPU card's fans were making a racket from being run at near 100% for so long (about 4 months). My computer had paid itself off in crypto by the time I'd finished mining. My family generally thought I was a bit off my rocker, and I would often come back to their house after a 2 or 3 day absence to find my computer had been turned off (I was not paying the power bill)... at the time it was only a few dollars lost, but today it's now thousands.

I was the token "forum lurker" that read what was said, without ever contributing, until one day the conversation switched to general economy and its comparison to crypto-economy. That was enough for me to sign up to an account and make a post on a forum for the first time in my life, being relatively knowledgeable on general economy and sci-fi economy (what they teach you at university). The response was friendly, and in fact, I entered into an email dialogue with Alan (a co-founder). He made the effort to get to know the forum participants on a personal level, and I think my first email to him was probably 2000 words long, and it took me a couple of hours to write. Whenever he did not hear from me for a month or more, he would get in touch to ask how I was doing when student life took its toll. I can't think of many crypto-developers that get to know their community?

Soon after, I found myself doing research and other various tid bits to help out however I could, and I officially joined the project not long later at the end of 2014. Today I have foregone an unwanted career in doing whatever my study of economics, biotechnology, and information systems (business strategy and datasystem software development life cycle) would have led me to, and am instead in the USA working with the team personally, doing exactly what I wanted to do, and creating the kind of world I want to live in, while making money as I do it.

It's amazing what change can happen in just 3 and a half years in your life! It's something that everybody here has made possible.

"The essential principle of business, of occupation in the world is this: figure out a way to get paid for playing."
-Alan Watts

MiningHabit

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 05:47:20 PM

Well deserved drinks. I have been following cryptocurrency particularly d notes for some time and congratulate you on the business model and growth of the currency into the top 100. What I like is the sound business logic and a plan for d notes to be at the frontier of  this new digital (4th industrial) revolution. My sense is the current interest in crypto and those with the best technology will significantly grow. Let's face it a major world  financial meltdown occurrs roughly every 10 years and the world is awash with too much money that has been issued by governments at negative interest to prop up the current fiscal system, and it will take more than a decade for Europe to recover.  What the world needs is stable means of efficient exchange not eroded by excessive  debt and central government mismanagement. In my opinion, and others commentators, this crypto currency boom  is but the beginning of the wave. Currently the total of crypto currencies at over $100bilion is but the beginning given real economic measurement is in trillions and where these currencies will eventually head. Hence future projections for bitcoin at 15kusd. Crypto currency is one of many technologies anchored into block chain  and a key part of the new exponential advances of technology.  I have taken an active interest in d notes for a few years and see a key difference of the d notes team as wanting to contribute and build into the new technology eco system. I am taking a long term view and the currency enables my interest in the D notes business structure. I wish I could buy the shares directly ! So for me and other investors(not speculators) let's  keep in this long term.

Best first post on any internet forum ever? If not, gotta be close.

MiningHabit

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 06:28:12 PM

We use reason as a fundamental tool, and far, far better than any other species, to be sure. But as Einstein said “The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.”

And so, given all of modernity weighing itself upon you: to truly, intuitively take on board a given point of view back before it had much rational merit in terms of popularity.....you deserve an absurd amount of credit.

I have to agree with you MinigHabit, and you put it really well. As a fiction writer, I've been spending a lot of time thinking about the performance of the logical mind compared to the intuitive mind. And because I get to experiment with both risk-free in my creations, I get to test out a lot of theories. For many tasks, and especially those with lots of complex inputs, the intuitive mind is far more successful. So you'd think we would trust it more. Here is why we don't:

Our logical mind is like following a path in the daytime. We can look back at our thought processes because they were conscious. We can even map out our path by writing down our assumptions that led us to where we are. And using many tools, we can gain confidence in our prediction of the path ahead. Reason, being a largely conscious process, is subject to conscious scrutiny and gains our conscious trust.

But our unconscious mind is where intuition comes from. It's like a black, inscrutable pool that, like some mystic well, delivers forth images of our future, much more more accurately than our reasoning mind ever could. But we can never see how it does it. This strange gift within us is beyond our logical analysis, and despite its superior performance historically, we find it hard to trust.

Simply by recognising these aspects of weighing reasoned motivation against intuitive motivation helps us trust intuition more. Knowing that our uncertainty comes from inscrutability, rather than poor performance, is of great value. To reinforce that, it is sometimes helpful to remember how often our heart has been right about what someone is like, and how often our reasoning has let us down when judging the nature of someone.

But intuition is different from hope, and very different from desire. There are no clear instructions for telling these things apart. And fear can look a lot like intuition saying no, when this is not the case. Learning to discern intuition from our other emotions, learning to trust intuition, and explore the sources of other emotions is just as important to success as education and training the logical mind. And fortunately it is just as rewarding as well.

This is super deep. I think more than ever, we are finding that Descartes' Ghost in the Machine paradigm just isn't satisfactory. We aren't sophisticated calculating machines. The human brain is most wonderfully complex thing in the known universe. The astounding levels of calculation it achieves, and at such miniscule power levels to the greatest of supercomputers....

There is more to us than that. Our minds are magnificently opague. How we encode sense data into our neural nets, how we bottle the results up into emotion, human feeling, love, loss, intuition, fear, loathing, the creative impulse, the desire to grow, to achieve, to risk, to want. The complexity of the human spirit and all of our social relationships and inventions therein, like language itself.....It's all at the core, intuitions which become wisdom which get past down to form an almost a priori baseline of understanding for the future generations to press on from....

So I went to this AI vs IQ event in Chicago a few months back with some tremendous panelists like leaders of the IBM Watson initiative and folks of those ilk.

And the general feeling that I got was that we are asking the wrong questions about AI. It's not that they are going to replace us. Because they are not us. They blow us out of the water in terms of processing huge amounts of structured data very quickly, or pure rationality. There are definitely places where humans are very weak, like in making statistical inferences or understanding what makes us happy. So the key is to use AI to augment where we are weak.

AI has evolved tremendously in the last 50 years. But it has barely moved the needle in terms of consciousness.

And it all starts with what makes us different, truly unique. And that is intuition, consciousness itself. Like Carl Sagan said, we are made of star stuff and are a way for the universe to known itself. It's one thing think of one's self as a collection of atomic stuffs. It's totally another to go from that to knowing, to consciousness.

suziebirds

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 09:08:47 PM

Hi! I hold my Dnotes in c-cex exchange,that is safe? Where is the best place to holding my notes?
DNotesEDU

Activity: 128
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2017, 09:58:32 PM

Hi! I hold my Dnotes in c-cex exchange,that is safe? Where is the best place to holding my notes?

Hi suziebirds, I would recommend using DNotesVault. All DNotes stored on the vault are kept in offline cold storage and are fully backed by a guarantee fund, making it the safest place by far to store your DNotes. DNotesVault will also help make the transition to DNotes 2.0 and proof of stake much easier. Instead of swapping your DNotes 1.0 for DNotes 2.0 manually, the process will be taken care of for you and you can go on using DNotes as usual.

www.dnotesvault.com is the place to store your DNotes
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2017, 10:39:09 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2017, 10:54:13 PM by DNotes

Hi suziebirds, I would recommend using DNotesVault. All DNotes stored on the vault are kept in offline cold storage and are fully backed by a guarantee fund, making it the safest place by far to store your DNotes. DNotesVault will also help make the transition to DNotes 2.0 and proof of stake much easier. Instead of swapping your DNotes 1.0 for DNotes 2.0 manually, the process will be taken care of for you and you can go on using DNotes as usual.

www.dnotesvault.com is the place to store your DNotes

In addition to what DNotesEDU mentioned. The exchange is certainly where you want your funds for active trading. However, it's not a good practice to store them there long term as we have had a couple instances of exchanges getting hacked, or even going bankrupt, in which many users may lose their funds. The other alternative to DNotesVault is downloading your own wallet, which you can get at DNotesCoin.com. However, you will need to know how to properly protect your wallet.

Here is a basic process of securing your own wallet, this is not 100% secure against would be malware and viruses designed to collect information from your PC:
Download the DNotes Wallet from DNotesCoin.com
Unplug your internet cable or turn off your WiFi (Optional)
Unzip the downloaded files.
Open dnotes-qt.exe
Click Settings, then Encrypt Wallet
Enter a new password (Make sure you don't lose this password, best to write it down)
The program will close and you may re-open it.
Then you will want to backup your wallet file. Click File then Backup Wallet. Save it to a USB device, or in multiple offline drives locations if possible.
Be sure to copy your wallet address down somewhere as well, click Receive Coins and you can right click and copy the address, I would recommend saving that address to a text file so you can access it easily later.
Then you can close the program.
If you want to keep your wallet file only on offline devices, such as a USB stick... Once you have your wallet file backed up on those devices, you can remove the DNotes wallet files from your PC. On a Windows PC they will likely be located in the following folder: C:\Users\YOURWINDOWSUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DNotes

There are other methods that would be 100% secure, such as using a dedicated offline computer, or creating the wallet on an offline computer and wiping out all the data afterwards. I can outline those options if anyone needs as well.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 01:44:41 AM

In investing, in life, and in business there many reasons why some are more successful than others. Many of the contributors to success are obvious and grounded on common sense. But when we are over-powered by greed and fear most people tend to be reactive and just follow the crowd.

Investing in digital currencies and blockchain related situations today is challenging, and at times nerve-racking. There is no fundamental value or instinct value. It is nearly impossible to verify the “impressive road-map” beautifully represented in stunning graphics, or the people behind it. When you can, do extensive research or due diligence before investing. Knowledge will give you better judgement to pick more winners than losers.  And follow the “Buffet Rule.”

A simple rule dictates my buying: Be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful.” Warren Buffet.

Where To Get Greedy Now That Others Are Fearful
Forbes
FEB 4, 2014
Bryan Rich, Contributor

Warren Buffett wrote a famous op-ed piece in the New York Times in October 2008 in which he that said the following:
“A simple rule dictates my buying: Be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful. And most certainly, fear is now widespread, gripping even seasoned investors. To be sure, investors are right to be wary of highly leveraged entities or businesses in weak competitive positions. But fears regarding the long-term prosperity of the nation’s many sound companies make no sense. These businesses will indeed suffer earnings hiccups, as they always have. But most major companies will be setting new profit records 5, 10 and 20 years from now.”
Everyone should read this, because it shows you the mindset of a great investor and how great investors react when the stock market falls.  Instead of running in fear, great investors welcome market corrections as opportunities to buy on the cheap.

Read more: https://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspeculations/2014/02/04/where-to-get-greedy-now-that-others-are-fearful/#98166c82d460
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 02:30:10 AM

Bitcoin Reaches New Heights, Crossing $3,000 Mark

https://dcebrief.com/bitcoin-reaches-new-heights-crossing-3000-mark/
Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 02:40:33 AM

In investing, in life, and in business there many reasons why some are more successful than others. Many of the contributors to success are obvious and grounded on common sense. But when we are over-powered by greed and fear most people tend to be reactive and just follow the crowd.

Investing in digital currencies and blockchain related situations today is challenging, and at times nerve-racking. There is no fundamental value or instinct value. It is nearly impossible to verify the “impressive road-map” beautifully represented in stunning graphics, or the people behind it. When you can, do extensive research or due diligence before investing. Knowledge will give you better judgement to pick more winners than losers.  And follow the “Buffet Rule.”

A simple rule dictates my buying: Be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful.” Warren Buffet.

Forbes
FEB 4, 2014
Bryan Rich, Contributor

Warren Buffett wrote a famous op-ed piece in the New York Times in October 2008 in which he that said the following:
“A simple rule dictates my buying: Be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful. And most certainly, fear is now widespread, gripping even seasoned investors. To be sure, investors are right to be wary of highly leveraged entities or businesses in weak competitive positions. But fears regarding the long-term prosperity of the nation’s many sound companies make no sense. These businesses will indeed suffer earnings hiccups, as they always have. But most major companies will be setting new profit records 5, 10 and 20 years from now.”
Everyone should read this, because it shows you the mindset of a great investor and how great investors react when the stock market falls.  Instead of running in fear, great investors welcome market corrections as opportunities to buy on the cheap.

Read more: https://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspeculations/2014/02/04/where-to-get-greedy-now-that-others-are-fearful/#98166c82d460

Excellent advice, Warren Buffet is an extremely rational and conservative investor, only willing to take chances when he knows the probability of gain is significantly greater than chances of loss. The proof that this simple, highly prudent method works is reflected in his net worth and the long term success of his company. Speaking of Berkshire Hathaway, the future DNotes VC platform will slightly resemble the basic business model they use, but with some revolutionary upgrades that will make that business model more viable for the ever growing digital economy.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 04:39:45 AM

Forbes
FEB 4, 2014
Bryan Rich, Contributor

Excellent advice, Warren Buffet is an extremely rational and conservative investor, only willing to take chances when he knows the probability of gain is significantly greater than chances of loss. The proof that this simple, highly prudent method works is reflected in his net worth and the long term success of his company. Speaking of Berkshire Hathaway, the future DNotes VC platform will slightly resemble the basic business model they use, but with some revolutionary upgrades that will make that business model more viable for the ever growing digital economy.

Delighted to see you, Brandon. Despite a sharp correction, it has been a great week for DNotes. There are good indications that DNotes has been getting a noticeable increased level of interest from professional investors. Although DNotes is still significantly under-valued, it is good to see that all the hard work we put in over the last three years is beginning to payoff. We appreciate your continued support very much. Looking forward to seeing you again at the Smokeys Gardens' open house next month when tens of thousands of daylilies will be in full bloom.
TimMarsh

Activity: 187

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 05:44:08 AM

I recall reading a pop-psychology book called "blink", some ~10-12 years ago at my best guess, when I was 18 that was centered around the concepts you have outlined, or the ability for experts to "thin-slice" situations intuitively. Evolution has honed our social intelligence, allowing us to read people accurately on first impressions (some are better than others). For example, an art expert can 'thin-slice' a 2000 year old painting, and in the blink of an eye know whether it is a fake. This means speed-dating may not be such a bad idea - if you trust your first impression. It also brings to the front of the mind the reason that the first impression of your business is so crucial, and why DNotes has taken the approach that it has, rather than trying to drum up meaningless excitement that only lasts the short-term. Potential stakeholders will decide very quickly if they trust you, so what have you done to earn their trust?

Thanks TeeGee, you've just added another book to my groaning bookshelf:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blink:_The_Power_of_Thinking_Without_Thinking

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
TimMarsh

Activity: 187

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 06:02:10 AM

[...]
Come the beginning of 2014, I purchased a high end computer that I could play games on if I so desired. I equipped it with an R9 280x. A few days after purchasing, I saw a friend posting about mining "dogecoin", and the hash that he was pulling using his GPU. It interested me to know what mine could do, because I have a strange desire to know things about things I don't even care about. So I went and downloaded CGMiner, aimed it at a pool, and began mining dogecoin. I quickly decided doge was a joke, and aimed my miner at Litecoin for a few weeks. I got particularly excited when I realized I was mining 5 or so dollars worth of Litecoin daily on my machine, running it 24 hours, that I could actually trade for 'modern money'. It had a value.

[...]

Soon after, I found myself doing research and other various tid bits to help out however I could, and I officially joined the project not long later at the end of 2014. Today I have foregone an unwanted career in doing whatever my study of economics, biotechnology, and information systems (business strategy and datasystem software development life cycle) would have led me to, and am instead in the USA working with the team personally, doing exactly what I wanted to do, and creating the kind of world I want to live in, while making money as I do it.

It's amazing what change can happen in just 3 and a half years in your life! It's something that everybody here has made possible.

"The essential principle of business, of occupation in the world is this: figure out a way to get paid for playing."
-Alan Watts

I think it such a great story of how you, TeeGee, got into mining and alt-coin from performance testing your hardware. I typically run a fractal explorer to get a feel for how my system performs. I remember in the mid-eighties waiting a day for the 'cosmic toad' initial frame of the Mandelbrot to appear. Atari 600XL. Imagining trying to mine on that machine makes me realise that cryptocurrencies wouldn't have worked back then, posting successful hashes on BBS.

Then I really liked reading that you've found your place. Not everyone has the ability to make a living out of doing what they love. But many of those that do have the ability, don't take the chance and go for it. I'm glad you did. And I'm sure DNotes are lucky to have someone with such an educated and balanced perspective on economics on their team. I hadn't heard the term 'sci-fi economy' before, but it really evokes the excessively rational and deterministic view of the academic perspective.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
felixir

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:44:23 AM

Hey team,

New to the forum, but have been aware of Dnotes since the start of 2015. At the time i was studying in Wellington and happened to randomly meet Tim one day. I overheard him talking about the future of money, blockchain, crypto coins etc. and was also paying close attention to the price of BTC, as i was sitting on 30 BTC i bought for $400 NZD a year or so before. 99% of people wouldn't have had a clue about what we were talking about, about 50% of them still wouldn't. I started talking to Tim about DNotes, and got to hear all about the CRISP programme, the vision DNotes had, and work they were doing around this. 2 1/2 years later, i'm still investing, and it is really great to see how far your company has come. A large group of my friends are all into trading on Poloniex, and DNotes and it's clear Dnotes are definitely worth holding on to. I'm looking forward to hearing what DNOTES 2.0 has in store for us, until then, cheers for the hard work - those beers are well deserved!

Hey felixir!

Great to have you visit our forum. It has indeed been a long time since I saw you and got you to sign up to our "CRISP for Students program". The funny thing about the program, is that the 500 DNotes you received were probably worth some 2-3 dollars max at the time. Now those same 500 are worth more than one 100 US dollars. Not bad for just signing up an email account online huh! Back at that time, it wasn't common at all for people to hold Bitcoin, and I was surprised to hear you had some.

Do continue to drop us a line time to time!

Well Teegee, i remember how enthusiastic you were about the project back at the start of 2015, and can see from the various videos / interviews online staring yourself, how your input has spread the word to so many people. I'm really glad to say "Hey, i know that guy", as its clear that hard work by yourself and the rest of your team is paying off.

I have used a the "Introduction to DNotes - an Unfolding Big Bold Idea of Global Scale" video as a Digital currency 101 to show friends and family who are interested but haven't quite grasped the background, potential and future capabilities of digital currency. The videos you have are clear, concise and are presented in a really digestable format.

If you guys ever need any new online services or require any beta testers for anything (Dnotes 2.0 website etc.) i am more than happy to help, and can also circulate amongst my group of friends who work by day and trade by night. Keep up the good work!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: