Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:31:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148798 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
felixir

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 09:12:49 AM

Hey team,

New to the forum, but have been aware of Dnotes since the start of 2015. At the time i was studying in Wellington and happened to randomly meet Tim one day. I overheard him talking about the future of money, blockchain, crypto coins etc. and was also paying close attention to the price of BTC, as i was sitting on 30 BTC i bought for $400 NZD a year or so before. 99% of people wouldn't have had a clue about what we were talking about, about 50% of them still wouldn't. I started talking to Tim about DNotes, and got to hear all about the CRISP programme, the vision DNotes had, and work they were doing around this. 2 1/2 years later, i'm still investing, and it is really great to see how far your company has come. A large group of my friends are all into trading on Poloniex, and DNotes and it's clear Dnotes are definitely worth holding on to. I'm looking forward to hearing what DNOTES 2.0 has in store for us, until then, cheers for the hard work - those beers are well deserved!

You sir, are a smart, smart man. Allow me a little leeway and meandering a bit to explain exactly why.

Sadly, many (almost all) friends and acquaintances of mine have not heeded my pleas for them to "get some skin in the game." But I can understand why. Our national impulses are towards stasis. We literally hate losses WAY more than equivalent gains. Losing hurts way more than similar winning. I was a shitty hedge fund trader because I get too emotional about my investments. Most people do, which is why probabilistically structured zero-sum games like day-trading and poker are profitable in the long-term for only 5% of people.

I was tutored by a luminary in the poker game back in the day on how to apply the Nash Equilibrium to single table tournament poker (and with a little finesse, multi-table tourneys). That's great. But lots of people (relatively speaking) can understand that stuff. That didn't make a player special, or especially profitable.

Here's why, by way of example: I was the chipleader going into the final table of a 22,000 person tournament with life-changing top three money, and had just outplayed and eliminated the #1 ranked online player in the world a few moments back to amass a lot of chips. I was locked in and playing some of the best cards of my life. And then I outplayed players in 2 different hands right after the final table started, to get them to commit all their chips to the middle when 80-90% underdogs. I got horribly horribly unlucky in both spots and crashed out in 9th for ok money. That's poker. There is a certain class of people who are rare, who can literally play their next hand with completely optimal rationality. Me? I went on tilt and played like a tool at large stake cash games and lost the lion's share of my profit.

The point? I am not slating my friends for not being fast followers of my altcoin strategies. But I wish more would. Because they would, right now, be able to pay off their mortgages with altcoin gains if they listened to me. But they didn't. And most won't until all of this is mainstream.

So coming back around to my first statement: good on you for taking the leap. And I deeply, existentially mean that.

I'm big into philosophy. I actually named by firstborn son, Soren, after my hero Kierkegaard. He once wrote in the Concluding Unscientific Postscript:“What if, rather than speaking or dreaming of an absolute beginning, we speak of a leap?”

At some point in the human experience, all the reason in the world doesn't matter. Because we aren't reasonable beings. In fact the entire field of economics is based off of creating this idealized version of man, the "homo economicus" who makes totally rational decisions all of the time. (side note: this harvard white paper is one of the best things I've ever read about the upcoming AI revolution. AI literally perfects extant economic theory: https://dash.harvard.edu/bitstream/handle/1/25622971/_aiEcon.pdf

We use reason as a fundamental tool, and far, far better than any other species, to be sure. But as Einstein said “The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.”

And so, given all of modernity weighing itself upon you: to truly, intuitively take on board a given point of view back before it had much rational merit in terms of popularity.....you deserve an absurd amount of credit.

Wow, MiningHabit - what a thought provoking and flattering response to my first post. Thank you for sharing your story, and also the interesting link which i'll have a read of later. What really stuns me is the fact that when someone offers some good advice or something for nothing, it so often gets misconstrued as a "too good to be true" situation. There will always be a majority of people who do not wish to follow anyones guidance, however in the case of digital currency, the growth experienced over the last few years and the exposure that BTC, ETH, NOTE etc. have experienced is phenomenal. At no point did i feel like i needed to force my friends into getting on board with digital currency, it was the sharing of what i knew and also what i had yet to learn that really inspired some of my friends to dive in. For some of them, it wasn't even about money to begin with and still isn't, it's about being an early adopter and learning something new, something that isn't written in any history book but will change the course of the future for many generations.

TimMarsh

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 09:42:18 AM

For some of them, it wasn't even about money to begin with and still isn't, it's about being an early adopter and learning something new, something that isn't written in any history book but will change the course of the future for many generations.
You put that so well felixir. And dipping that toe in the water to be part of something so fundamental to the future can be really cheap. Maybe not if they're not aware or wanting to have a fraction of a BTC. But if you want a few DNotes, you can get them cheaper than almost any other form of entertainment.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 03:01:27 PM

Hey team,

New to the forum, but have been aware of Dnotes since the start of 2015. At the time i was studying in Wellington and happened to randomly meet Tim one day. I overheard him talking about the future of money, blockchain, crypto coins etc. and was also paying close attention to the price of BTC, as i was sitting on 30 BTC i bought for $400 NZD a year or so before. 99% of people wouldn't have had a clue about what we were talking about, about 50% of them still wouldn't. I started talking to Tim about DNotes, and got to hear all about the CRISP programme, the vision DNotes had, and work they were doing around this. 2 1/2 years later, i'm still investing, and it is really great to see how far your company has come. A large group of my friends are all into trading on Poloniex, and DNotes and it's clear Dnotes are definitely worth holding on to. I'm looking forward to hearing what DNOTES 2.0 has in store for us, until then, cheers for the hard work - those beers are well deserved!

Hey felixir!

Great to have you visit our forum. It has indeed been a long time since I saw you and got you to sign up to our "CRISP for Students program". The funny thing about the program, is that the 500 DNotes you received were probably worth some 2-3 dollars max at the time. Now those same 500 are worth more than one 100 US dollars. Not bad for just signing up an email account online huh! Back at that time, it wasn't common at all for people to hold Bitcoin, and I was surprised to hear you had some.

Do continue to drop us a line time to time!

Well Teegee, i remember how enthusiastic you were about the project back at the start of 2015, and can see from the various videos / interviews online staring yourself, how your input has spread the word to so many people. I'm really glad to say "Hey, i know that guy", as its clear that hard work by yourself and the rest of your team is paying off.

I have used a the "Introduction to DNotes - an Unfolding Big Bold Idea of Global Scale" video as a Digital currency 101 to show friends and family who are interested but haven't quite grasped the background, potential and future capabilities of digital currency. The videos you have are clear, concise and are presented in a really digestable format.

If you guys ever need any new online services or require any beta testers for anything (Dnotes 2.0 website etc.) i am more than happy to help, and can also circulate amongst my group of friends who work by day and trade by night. Keep up the good work!

Thanks felixir, and thanks for sharing the videos!

In fact, I just created the script for a new one - that I plan to be better than the last. And another more promotional style one that will probably be more animation based. There is also a lot of other activities and projects going on behind the scenes in preparation for 2.0. We look forward to completed deliverables for the community to enjoy.

I remember our conversation well, got you and another gentleman to sign up to CRISP for students (a plan centered on giving away a small initial holding to a demographic that are unlikely to be able to afford an early buy in) that day. I still have the aspiration to sometime soon sign up and collaborate with our first university to expand CRISP for Students. My own - the business school of Victoria University in Wellington, New Zealand being a prime candidate. Another preference would be NIU in Chicago. The new CRISP programs are gearing up to be very fair in providing ~2% payment for deposits held at our DNotesVault. I see it as a worthy goal to make sure students can still get involved in spite of their low incomes and negative net-worth from student loans.

Our message still has many more people to reach, and our PR campaign is ramping up to meet this need. We're also very pleased to have opened a new forum to help in this endeavor.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 03:42:13 PM

For some of them, it wasn't even about money to begin with and still isn't, it's about being an early adopter and learning something new, something that isn't written in any history book but will change the course of the future for many generations.
You put that so well felixir. And dipping that toe in the water to be part of something so fundamental to the future can be really cheap. Maybe not if they're not aware or wanting to have a fraction of a BTC. But if you want a few DNotes, you can get them cheaper than almost any other form of entertainment.

That is a good point Tim, we have setup several programs to help get people easily started in DNotes and begin learning about it. It would be great to come up with a way to get a small amount of DNotes into the hands of people that are interested in getting started and learning more. The challenge is being able to do with in such a way that cannot be exploited and also does not require a lot of manual intervention.

R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:02:30 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2017, 05:24:46 PM by R-J-F

That is a good point Tim, we have setup several programs to help get people easily started in DNotes and begin learning about it. It would be great to come up with a way to get a small amount of DNotes into the hands of people that are interested in getting started and learning more. The challenge is being able to do with in such a way that cannot be exploited and also does not require a lot of manual intervention.

Finally! Something intellectually stimulating to read on BCT again!  Grin  Great to see Dnote's new forum and talk to the crew! I have missed the old forum quite a bit. It was easy to keep up with everything on a daily basis for someone with limited time. Great to see everyone here again!

PS: Did I miss the signature contest? Haven't had time to read all the new posts as of yet...

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:38:05 PM

Finally! Something intellectually stimulating to read on BCT again!  Grin  Great to see Dnote's new forum and talk to the crew! I have missed the old forum quite a bit. It was easy to keep up with everything on a daily basis for someone with limited time. Great to see everyone here again!

PS: Did I miss the signature contest? Haven't had time to read all the new posts as of yet...

Welcome back RJF! Great to see more old faces returning to the forum to say hello. I am in agreement with you that intellectually stimulating discourse beyond the "price" of a coin by its adherents is difficult to come by. The signature contest is now over, but we may look into a similar contest in the future. Please post again when you've caught up with all the content in this thread.

R-J-F

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 06:54:42 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2017, 07:14:31 PM by R-J-F

Finally! Something intellectually stimulating to read on BCT again!  Grin  Great to see Dnote's new forum and talk to the crew! I have missed the old forum quite a bit. It was easy to keep up with everything on a daily basis for someone with limited time. Great to see everyone here again!

Welcome back RJF! Great to see more old faces returning to the forum to say hello. I am in agreement with you that intellectually stimulating discourse beyond the "price" of a coin by its adherents is difficult to come by. The signature contest is now over, but we may look into a similar contest in the future. Please post again when you've caught up with all the content in this thread.

There are two words that I don't mind if I never read or hear again: "pump" and "dump"!  Anyway, DNotes future looks very bright indeed. I'm so glad to see everyone is still here, Hi Alan!, hows Smokey and the farm?

PS: All caught up, wow, things are looking very good. I applaud your decision to go POS, gives you much better control of the coin and everyone gets to share in the pie, not just the miners. Nice move. I'm especially interested in the smart contract inclusion as I'm following similar efforts elsewhere. I have always felt this tech has great promise and will be very interested in DNotes implementation. How do you intend to guarantee the transactions? Escrow? If so, single or double? Will the contracts be revocable by any single party?

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:00:31 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2017, 08:10:55 PM by Dyna

Finally! Something intellectually stimulating to read on BCT again!  Grin  Great to see Dnote's new forum and talk to the crew! I have missed the old forum quite a bit. It was easy to keep up with everything on a daily basis for someone with limited time. Great to see everyone here again!

There are two words that I don't mind if I never read or hear again: "pump" and "dump"!  Anyway, DNotes future looks very bright indeed. I'm so glad to see everyone is still here, Hi Alan!, hows Smokey and the farm?

RJF, we are always very happy to see you. Kevin (Smokey) is doing very well. He is an amazing guy and an inspiration to all of us.

The farm (Smokeys Gardens: https://smokeysgardens.com/) has grown a lot since your last visit. We expanded from 38 to 70 acres with many more gorgeous daylilies. We are now by far the largest daylily grower in the world. As you may remember from our earlier conversation, we started 10 years ago with $500 with a commitment to be equal to and subsequently better than any of our competitors. It has been a long journey with relentless dedication to do whatever it takes to be the best in class. We did it and I am very proud and appreciative of our team.

DNotes is following the same business model. Our commitment is to be equal to our best competitor one day. We are totally dedicated to our vision of DNotes meeting the full functions of money and ultimately be superior to fiat currency. It is a Big Bold idea of global scale and scope but that is what it must take for digital currency to gain mass acceptance worldwide. It's a massive undertaking and that is why I spent a whole year to write a book "Improve Your Odds - The Four Pillars of Business Success" https://fourpillarsofbusinesssuccess.com/ with a chapter each dedicated to Smokeys Gardens and DNotes. We will soon have a daylily officially registered and named "DNotes"

We are doing amazing things at DNotes with a lot happening at the farm. For the last few months, continuing through much of this summer, we have been using the farm as our training, conference, strategic planning, and video production center. You are always welcome to visit us if you happen to be in the area.  

Quote from RJF:

PS: All caught up, wow, things are looking very good. I applaud your decision to go POS, gives you much better control of the coin and everyone gets to share in the pie, not just the miners. Nice move. I'm especially interested in the smart contract inclusion as I'm following similar efforts elsewhere. I have always felt this tech has great promise and will be very interested in DNotes implementation. How do you intend to guarantee the transactions? Escrow? If so, single or double? Will the contracts be revocable by any single party?

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Good to note that you like our decision to go POS. I rather not get ahead ourselves on technical details at this time. I can say that we will be a significant player in the blockchain and smart contract arena.

R-J-F

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:22:00 PM

RJF, we are always very happy to see you. Kevin (Smokey) is doing very well. He is an amazing guy and an inspiration to all of us.

The farm (Smokeys Gardens: https://smokeysgardens.com/) has grown a lot since your last visit. We expanded from 38 to 70 acres with many more gorgeous daylilies. We are now by far the largest daylily grower in the world. As you may remember from our earlier conversation, we started 10 years ago with $500 with a commitment to be equal to and subsequently better than any of our competitors. It has been a long journey with relentless dedication to do whatever it takes to be the best in class. We did it and I am very proud and appreciative of our team.

DNotes is following the same business model. Our commitment is to be equal to our best competitor one day. We are totally dedicated to our vision of DNotes meeting the full functions of money and ultimately be superior to fiat currency. It is a Big Bold idea of global scale and scope but that is what it must take for digital currency to gain mass acceptance worldwide. It's a massive undertaking and that is why I spent a whole year to write a book "Improve Your Odds - The Four Pillars of Business Success" https://fourpillarsofbusinesssuccess.com/ with a chapter each dedicated to Smokeys Gardens and DNotes. We will soon have a daylily officially registered and named "DNotes"

We are doing amazing things at DNotes with a lot happening at the farm. For the last few months, continuing through much of this summer, we have been using the farm as our training, conference, strategic planning, and video production center. You are always welcome to visit us if you happen to be in the area.  

Quote from RJF:

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Good to note that you like our decision to go POS. I rather not get ahead ourselves on technical details at this time. I can say that we will be a significant player in the blockchain and smart contract arena.

Understood about technical details, no problem, just exciting to hear! Also glad to hear everyone is doing well, perhaps I can visit again next year when I'm in Ohio, we will see. So, why be equal to your best competitor? I say, blast out in front! Although there is something to be said for being a smaller target!

Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:39:26 PM

In investing, in life, and in business there many reasons why some are more successful than others. Many of the contributors to success are obvious and grounded on common sense. But when we are over-powered by greed and fear most people tend to be reactive and just follow the crowd.

Investing in digital currencies and blockchain related situations today is challenging, and at times nerve-racking. There is no fundamental value or instinct value. It is nearly impossible to verify the “impressive road-map” beautifully represented in stunning graphics, or the people behind it. When you can, do extensive research or due diligence before investing. Knowledge will give you better judgement to pick more winners than losers.  And follow the “Buffet Rule.”

A simple rule dictates my buying: Be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful.” Warren Buffet.

Where To Get Greedy Now That Others Are Fearful
Forbes
FEB 4, 2014
Bryan Rich, Contributor

Warren Buffett wrote a famous op-ed piece in the New York Times in October 2008 in which he that said the following:
“A simple rule dictates my buying: Be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful. And most certainly, fear is now widespread, gripping even seasoned investors. To be sure, investors are right to be wary of highly leveraged entities or businesses in weak competitive positions. But fears regarding the long-term prosperity of the nation’s many sound companies make no sense. These businesses will indeed suffer earnings hiccups, as they always have. But most major companies will be setting new profit records 5, 10 and 20 years from now.”
Everyone should read this, because it shows you the mindset of a great investor and how great investors react when the stock market falls.  Instead of running in fear, great investors welcome market corrections as opportunities to buy on the cheap.

Read more: https://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspeculations/2014/02/04/where-to-get-greedy-now-that-others-are-fearful/#98166c82d460

Excellent advice, Warren Buffet is an extremely rational and conservative investor, only willing to take chances when he knows the probability of gain is significantly greater than chances of loss. The proof that this simple, highly prudent method works is reflected in his net worth and the long term success of his company. Speaking of Berkshire Hathaway, the future DNotes VC platform will slightly resemble the basic business model they use, but with some revolutionary upgrades that will make that business model more viable for the ever growing digital economy.

Delighted to see you, Brandon. Despite a sharp correction, it has been a great week for DNotes. There are good indications that DNotes has been getting a noticeable increased level of interest from professional investors. Although DNotes is still significantly under-valued, it is good to see that all the hard work we put in over the last three years is beginning to payoff. We appreciate your continued support very much. Looking forward to seeing you again at the Smokeys Gardens' open house next month when tens of thousands of daylilies will be in full bloom.

I'm looking forward to it, the people at Smokeys are very friendly, and that many acres of flowers in bloom must be an impressive sight to see.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 09:03:44 PM

Understood about technical details, no problem, just exciting to hear! Also glad to hear everyone is doing well, perhaps I can visit again next year when I'm in Ohio, we will see. So, why be equal to your best competitor? I say, blast out in front! Although there is something to be said for being a smaller target!

It will be great if you can visit us next year. We may open our conference to include more people.

I am a conservative guy who believe in taking one step at a time, in this case, a gigantic step.

Step one - aim to be equal to. Step two - be superior or better. Even if we missed, being a top 5 in our industry aren't bad. It's all about striving to be the best with the right mind-set. Cheers!
R-J-F

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 09:19:52 PM

It will be great if you can visit us next year. We may open our conference to include more people.

I am a conservative guy who believe in taking one step at a time, in this case, a gigantic step.

Step one - aim to be equal to. Step two - be superior or better. Even if we missed, being a top 5 in our industry aren't bad. It's all about striving to be the best with the right mind-set. Cheers!

I certainly see your point, one step at a time so you don't trip over yourself in the rush to success.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 09:48:12 PM

I certainly see your point, one step at a time so you don't trip over yourself in the rush to success.

Exactly. Every step that we take at DNotes is a step forward and a step closer to our goal. 80% of businesses failed because they are constantly struck in the mud unable to advance, despite lots of motion. There are plenty of them in our industry. Long-term investor should best learn to tell the difference before investing.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 11:10:06 PM

It looks like Coinbase is being blamed for the major correction we are seeing:

Bitcoin Exchange Coinbase Suffers ‘Major Outage’ Amid Trading Frenzy
Samburaj Das on 13/06/2017

Citing high customer traffic, prominent cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase is currently down ‘for maintenance’.
San Francisco-based Coinbase, one of the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges with operations in over 30 countries is, at the time of publishing, experiencing an outage due to a surge in customer traffic hitting its website.

Users accessing the homepage see a message that simply reads “Service Unavailable”.

Read more: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/108351-2/
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 02:27:34 AM

Welcome back RJF, glad to have you! I've missed reading your posts and the old forum as well.

DCEBrief

Merit: 102

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:28:04 AM

With Crypto Trading Volumes Up, Coinbase Stumbles Again

https://dcebrief.com/with-crypto-trading-volumes-up-coinbase-stumbles-again/
R-J-F

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:52:24 AM

With Crypto Trading Volumes Up, Coinbase Stumbles Again

https://dcebrief.com/with-crypto-trading-volumes-up-coinbase-stumbles-again/

Yes they stumbled but, they did not cause it. I basically watched the whole thing go down, what a mess.  It all started when a bunch of whales at okCoin decided to eliminate their long positions on BTC. Thousands, possibly tens of thousands, of Bitcoin were dumped over an hour or so and the rest is history. Poor CoinBase got inundated with buy orders mostly when the bottom fell out of the price and came to a screeching halt. Best I can tell there was some panic mixed in when a number of Tiawan banks stopped supporting BTC/USD markets. My wife saw the buy opportunity but could not get on. Her comment? "Figures..."  Oh well, maybe next time.

I see this as a failure to scale up quickly enough and have the reserve computing power, and big enough pipe to handle what used to be anomalies but are becoming common place. The truest saying out there is "Only the strong survive" It's time for the exchanges to bulk up!

R-J-F

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 04:00:10 AM

Thanks! Glad to be back. Might want to put a link on the last page of the old forum unless, of course, you don't want people finding this one!  Grin

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 04:15:16 AM

Thanks! Glad to be back. Might want to put a link on the last page of the old forum unless, of course, you don't want people finding this one!  Grin

Excellent idea, thanks.
TimMarsh

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 05:06:17 AM

I believe the trick is to know your customer, and really understand their process. I don't think there is any value in giving away introductory DNotes because there's no reason to believe that less than $5USD is a deterrent. I would consider the learning curve, and the time taken to get through enough of the learning curve to be confident, is the biggest deterrent for new investors.

With this in mind I would suggest a highly structured introduction with a focus on not wasting the customer's time. We've seen software 'wizards' used for more than a decade to step people through a complex process. This wizard should not stop at the investment point, but go all the way through to a withdrawal.

For example, the customer clicks the "I'm interested, but don't know enough to be confident investing" button to get into the wizard. They have summaries of the important points with hover text over industry terms and on-screen or side panel pop-ups for more detailed information. By the end of it, they use a well known and familiar payment gateway like Paypal to buy $5 worth of DNotes. Then they get an email when their $5 DNotes quantity is worth $6. This email encourages them to cash in 1$ worth of DNotes so that they get money back in their hand and see the whole process end to end.

This final 'money back out' stage could be incredibly powerful in enabling them to recognise the full power of DNotes as a financial tool. 

Then, once this has been developed, set up in a public space, hire a stall in the shopping centre, and pay some people $5 to invest $5 in DNotes. Watch over their shoulder and note down all of their question and complaints. Re-build your wizard based on what you learn and do it all again.

It is incredibly hard for someone capable of putting something like DNotes together to meaningfully relate to the thoughts and feeling of an off the street customer. The knowledge gap between the developer and the user is so incredibly vast. Experiencing this gap is the only way to bridge it.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: