Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:41:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148795 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 11:50:45 AM

For some of them, it wasn't even about money to begin with and still isn't, it's about being an early adopter and learning something new, something that isn't written in any history book but will change the course of the future for many generations.
You put that so well felixir. And dipping that toe in the water to be part of something so fundamental to the future can be really cheap. Maybe not if they're not aware or wanting to have a fraction of a BTC. But if you want a few DNotes, you can get them cheaper than almost any other form of entertainment.

That is a good point Tim, we have setup several programs to help get people easily started in DNotes and begin learning about it. It would be great to come up with a way to get a small amount of DNotes into the hands of people that are interested in getting started and learning more. The challenge is being able to do with in such a way that cannot be exploited and also does not require a lot of manual intervention.

Finally! Something intellectually stimulating to read on BCT again!  Grin  Great to see Dnote's new forum and talk to the crew! I have missed the old forum quite a bit. It was easy to keep up with everything on a daily basis for someone with limited time. Great to see everyone here again!

PS: Did I miss the signature contest? Haven't had time to read all the new posts as of yet...

Hey there RJF! Very good to hear from you again! Things at the farm are going very well, Alan is staying in Coldwater, MI at the farm during the week. We have set up a "war room" at the farm, and built a studio and meeting area. We would love to see you agian sometime!

We are having an "Open House" on Sat. July 8th. At the farm in Coldwater, MI. Anyone that wants to meet the team at DNotes, and wants to see 70 acres of high-end registered Daylilies are welcome. The bash starts about noon or so. We have an area set up for camping, and water/power available. We will have folks there all weekend. Stop by for some beauty, great food (Alan and TeeGee are world class chefs, and we are also cooking a hog, the old fashioned midwestern way).

Again, great to hear from you again, and hope to see some other DNotes supporters also. Stop by and meet Joe, Alan, Tim (TeeGee), Brandon, Chase, Grandmama, and many others. You can contact me beforehand with any questions, or arraignments beforehand. Kevin@smokeysgardens. Com. The physical address at the farm is: 371 S. Centennial Road
Coldwater, MI, 49036.

Smokey
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 02:04:46 PM

For some of them, it wasn't even about money to begin with and still isn't, it's about being an early adopter and learning something new, something that isn't written in any history book but will change the course of the future for many generations.
You put that so well felixir. And dipping that toe in the water to be part of something so fundamental to the future can be really cheap. Maybe not if they're not aware or wanting to have a fraction of a BTC. But if you want a few DNotes, you can get them cheaper than almost any other form of entertainment.

Thanks! Glad to be back. Might want to put a link on the last page of the old forum unless, of course, you don't want people finding this one!  Grin

Excellent idea, thanks.

Thanks RJF! Updated the original thread with the 2.0 thread link.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 03:38:04 PM

That is a good point Tim, we have setup several programs to help get people easily started in DNotes and begin learning about it. It would be great to come up with a way to get a small amount of DNotes into the hands of people that are interested in getting started and learning more. The challenge is being able to do with in such a way that cannot be exploited and also does not require a lot of manual intervention.

I believe the trick is to know your customer, and really understand their process. I don't think there is any value in giving away introductory DNotes because there's no reason to believe that less than $5USD is a deterrent. I would consider the learning curve, and the time taken to get through enough of the learning curve to be confident, is the biggest deterrent for new investors.

With this in mind I would suggest a highly structured introduction with a focus on not wasting the customer's time. We've seen software 'wizards' used for more than a decade to step people through a complex process. This wizard should not stop at the investment point, but go all the way through to a withdrawal.

For example, the customer clicks the "I'm interested, but don't know enough to be confident investing" button to get into the wizard. They have summaries of the important points with hover text over industry terms and on-screen or side panel pop-ups for more detailed information. By the end of it, they use a well known and familiar payment gateway like Paypal to buy $5 worth of DNotes. Then they get an email when their $5 DNotes quantity is worth $6. This email encourages them to cash in 1$ worth of DNotes so that they get money back in their hand and see the whole process end to end.

This final 'money back out' stage could be incredibly powerful in enabling them to recognise the full power of DNotes as a financial tool. 

Then, once this has been developed, set up in a public space, hire a stall in the shopping centre, and pay some people $5 to invest $5 in DNotes. Watch over their shoulder and note down all of their question and complaints. Re-build your wizard based on what you learn and do it all again.

It is incredibly hard for someone capable of putting something like DNotes together to meaningfully relate to the thoughts and feeling of an off the street customer. The knowledge gap between the developer and the user is so incredibly vast. Experiencing this gap is the only way to bridge it.

Appreciate it Tim! Your points are well received. I can absolutely see using some of the methods you've outlined above being very effective at identifying the users needs.

To expand a bit on this conversation: As we grow and the regulations become less of an issue, we intend to streamline the entire process to the point of complete simplicity and convenience while also offering options to utilize DNotes in any way you would like. Having the tools available to buy, sell, save, and use your DNotes will be no more difficult and potentially even easier than using PayPal, or your traditional bank account.

Also having advanced features tucked away and slowly fed to the mainstream by asking customers if they have used xyz feature yet after some time of using the services, as they begin to use it, it will prompt other users to use it as well, until it becomes mainstream. It's important to recognize who the leaders are in your industry and study them. As Alan would say so that one day we can be equal to or better than them. I have been watching PayPal feed PayPal.me into the mainstream for what, 2 years now, and I believe a significant amount of people will be using it in the future. It allows people to simply send a link to someone in order to pay them. Brilliantly simple feature, very well introduced and executed, without 'forcing' it on the public.

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 04:26:22 PM

I believe the trick is to know your customer, and really understand their process. I don't think there is any value in giving away introductory DNotes because there's no reason to believe that less than $5USD is a deterrent. I would consider the learning curve, and the time taken to get through enough of the learning curve to be confident, is the biggest deterrent for new investors.

With this in mind I would suggest a highly structured introduction with a focus on not wasting the customer's time. We've seen software 'wizards' used for more than a decade to step people through a complex process. This wizard should not stop at the investment point, but go all the way through to a withdrawal.

For example, the customer clicks the "I'm interested, but don't know enough to be confident investing" button to get into the wizard. They have summaries of the important points with hover text over industry terms and on-screen or side panel pop-ups for more detailed information. By the end of it, they use a well known and familiar payment gateway like Paypal to buy $5 worth of DNotes. Then they get an email when their $5 DNotes quantity is worth $6. This email encourages them to cash in 1$ worth of DNotes so that they get money back in their hand and see the whole process end to end.

This final 'money back out' stage could be incredibly powerful in enabling them to recognise the full power of DNotes as a financial tool. 

Then, once this has been developed, set up in a public space, hire a stall in the shopping centre, and pay some people $5 to invest $5 in DNotes. Watch over their shoulder and note down all of their question and complaints. Re-build your wizard based on what you learn and do it all again.

It is incredibly hard for someone capable of putting something like DNotes together to meaningfully relate to the thoughts and feeling of an off the street customer. The knowledge gap between the developer and the user is so incredibly vast. Experiencing this gap is the only way to bridge it.

Appreciate it Tim! Your points are well received. I can absolutely see using some of the methods you've outlined above being very effective at identifying the users needs.

To expand a bit on this conversation: As we grow and the regulations become less of an issue, we intend to streamline the entire process to the point of complete simplicity and convenience while also offering options to utilize DNotes in any way you would like. Having the tools available to buy, sell, save, and use your DNotes will be no more difficult and potentially even easier than using PayPal, or your traditional bank account.

Also having advanced features tucked away and slowly fed to the mainstream by asking customers if they have used xyz feature yet after some time of using the services, as they begin to use it, it will prompt other users to use it as well, until it becomes mainstream. It's important to recognize who the leaders are in your industry and study them. As Alan would say so that one day we can be equal to or better than them. I have been watching PayPal feed PayPal.me into the mainstream for what, 2 years now, and I believe a significant amount of people will be using it in the future. It allows people to simply send a link to someone in order to pay them. Brilliantly simple feature, very well introduced and executed, without 'forcing' it on the public.

Simplicity will no doubt be the driving factor that brings forward crypto adoption by mainstream users. Nearly everything will need to be processed in the back-end of any applications we develop - like auto exchange as one such feature. Making our payment network much more advanced than traditional banking, yet every bit as simple as using traditional online banking would seem like a realistic medium term goal.

Not forcing customers to use new features, and discover it for themselves is a great way to test actual consumer opinion of a new product. If they don't use it for whatever reason, even after being made aware - it may signify that changes to that feature need to be made. Success is always in the planning.

NavySeals

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 04:32:15 PM

Centralized and decentralized combination of blockchain applications are very popular and expanding themselves in the ico market. I also watch DNotes 2.0 to have a better understanding.
MiningHabit

Activity: 207

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 05:23:53 PM

I think we collectively missed the boat here.

Rather than develop a long-term vision, and thoroughly execute on it over a number of years.....

We should have just all thrown in a little capital to get Dennis Rodman to promote us. Silly us....
 Wink Cheesy Grin

DNotes 2.0 - Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:59:12 PM

This is awesome!

From Steemit - The author is using the "Could I retire on faucets?" strategy from wiser's CryptoMoms post, to accumulate DNotes. He gives DNotes a glowing review and encourages everyone to buy. He also created a video detailing how to buy on Poloniex, using DNotes Vault, etc. The only problem is, he still thinks the retirement accounts are paying interest (??).

Week 1: Bought 52 DNOTES for my 20 Year Retirement Plan - 1% Interest per Month!

7 hours ago
bitcoinkings48 in cryptocurrency

Hi guys!

Today I wanted to share with you an awesome Crypto-currency I recently discovered called DNOTES (NOTE). I found out about this altcoin after reading an interesting thread on cryptomoms.com titled: Could I retire on faucets?

In this thread the author speaks about how (s)he collects free Bitcoin from faucets and uses that to buy DNOTES.

Moon Bitcoin: Claim your free bitcoin now
Moon Dogecoin: Claim your free dogecoin now
Moon Litecoin: Claim your free litecoin now

The author then sends all DNOTES (s)he bought into a 20 year retirement account called CRISP for Retirement with a return of 1% per month, which amounts to 12% interest annually.

You can BUY DNOTES from Poloniex and once you have your coins you can send them to your retirement plan.

I am currently registered on DNOTES Vault with a 20 year retirement plan which is earning me an interest of 1% per month. This is 12% compounding interest annually. When I started my plan I decided to buy 52.63157894 DNOTES from Poloniex at a value of 0.00099999 BTC which was around $2.03479201 when I transferred my DNOTES into my wallet.

The value of my investment is currently $10.43789687 and I have already earned 0.52542632 DNOTES interest on my original balance. I intend on buying DNOTES on a monthly basis and sending it to my retirement plan. I will keep you guys posted on the progress of my account.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF0gNXSXt30

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@bitcoinkings/week-1-bought-52-dnotes-for-my-20-year-retirement-plan-1-interest-per-month

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
MiningHabit

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 11:59:04 PM

I enjoyed reading your story MiningHabit - I was supporting Argentina in said world cup, and had 0.2 BTC on both Argentina and Germany to be winners (only bets I placed) from the start of the tournament. It was fun watching those two teams play one another in the final.

My crypto-introduction was perhaps ~2011 or 2012 after watching a video about someone that I got the impression had started up their own currency (Bitcoin), looking back, it was probably somebody running a Bitcoin outfit. Regardless, I dismissed it as monopoly money, or as some type of contra/barter exchange system between businesses for which I would have no care for. My mistake.

Come the beginning of 2014, I purchased a high end computer that I could play games on if I so desired. I equipped it with an R9 280x. A few days after purchasing, I saw a friend posting about mining "dogecoin", and the hash that he was pulling using his GPU. It interested me to know what mine could do, because I have a strange desire to know things about things I don't even care about. So I went and downloaded CGMiner, aimed it at a pool, and began mining dogecoin. I quickly decided doge was a joke, and aimed my miner at Litecoin for a few weeks. I got particularly excited when I realized I was mining 5 or so dollars worth of Litecoin daily on my machine, running it 24 hours, that I could actually trade for 'modern money'. It had a value.

Over time, my earning potential in Litecoin became nearly nil, but I was hooked. After more thinking, I realized that cryptocurrency was the answer to all the things I cared about - sound monetary systems, reduced exposure to bureaucratic over-reach, mitigated economic hardship, peer-to-peer asset exchange, and a voluntary society based on free-markets and serving one another as opposed to the top-down dictate that we currently experience. Crypto resonated with me on a personal level, I just wanted to get involved any way I could. I had spent hundreds of hours researching cryptocurrencies while on uni break, and I started watching the announcement threads. At this time there was some 30-100 new coins being released every month, and I knew most of them were complete junk. I eventually narrowed down what I viewed to be the two best "upcoming" coins that had potential to be in: Syscoin, and DNotes. Both of these coins are now entrenched in the cryptocurrency world as success stories, with much more to come.

When comparing the two head on, I noticed that DNotes had a tightly focused conversation on the forum surrounding strategy, and a business minded vision that personally resonated with me. The tone of the conversation wasn't "let's go to the moon", but instead more conservative in its approach of building a more sustainable framework that would work long-term. I trusted what I was reading, and much of the content that I was reading was by the developers themselves, and not hyped-up narrative from bagholders like I had seen elsewhere. I checked out the domains, googled who they belonged to, noticed that there was big-business experience with government contracts (up to 400m in 1991/2), and knowledge of nascent technologies (the tablet computer) on the team. That was enough for me.

I then started mining predominantly DNotes (or nearly only), until it became completely unprofitable to do so, and my GPU card's fans were making a racket from being run at near 100% for so long (about 4 months). My computer had paid itself off in crypto by the time I'd finished mining. My family generally thought I was a bit off my rocker, and I would often come back to their house after a 2 or 3 day absence to find my computer had been turned off (I was not paying the power bill)... at the time it was only a few dollars lost, but today it's now thousands.

I was the token "forum lurker" that read what was said, without ever contributing, until one day the conversation switched to general economy and its comparison to crypto-economy. That was enough for me to sign up to an account and make a post on a forum for the first time in my life, being relatively knowledgeable on general economy and sci-fi economy (what they teach you at university). The response was friendly, and in fact, I entered into an email dialogue with Alan (a co-founder). He made the effort to get to know the forum participants on a personal level, and I think my first email to him was probably 2000 words long, and it took me a couple of hours to write. Whenever he did not hear from me for a month or more, he would get in touch to ask how I was doing when student life took its toll. I can't think of many crypto-developers that get to know their community?

Soon after, I found myself doing research and other various tid bits to help out however I could, and I officially joined the project not long later at the end of 2014. Today I have foregone an unwanted career in doing whatever my study of economics, biotechnology, and information systems (business strategy and datasystem software development life cycle) would have led me to, and am instead in the USA working with the team personally, doing exactly what I wanted to do, and creating the kind of world I want to live in, while making money as I do it.

It's amazing what change can happen in just 3 and a half years in your life! It's something that everybody here has made possible.

"The essential principle of business, of occupation in the world is this: figure out a way to get paid for playing."
-Alan Watts

Such a great origin story; thanks for sharing. Would love to hear a few moar. Chase? R-J-F? Brandon? DNotesEDU? SmokeysGardens? Others?

DNotes 2.0 - Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 12:12:09 AM

This is awesome!

From Steemit - The author is using the "Could I retire on faucets?" strategy from wiser's CryptoMoms post, to accumulate DNotes. He gives DNotes a glowing review and encourages everyone to buy. He also created a video detailing how to buy on Poloniex, using DNotes Vault, etc. The only problem is, he still thinks the retirement accounts are paying interest (??).

Week 1: Bought 52 DNOTES for my 20 Year Retirement Plan - 1% Interest per Month!

7 hours ago

Hi guys!

Today I wanted to share with you an awesome Crypto-currency I recently discovered called DNOTES (NOTE). I found out about this altcoin after reading an interesting thread on cryptomoms.com titled: Could I retire on faucets?

In this thread the author speaks about how (s)he collects free Bitcoin from faucets and uses that to buy DNOTES.

The author then sends all DNOTES (s)he bought into a 20 year retirement account called CRISP for Retirement with a return of 1% per month, which amounts to 12% interest annually.

You can BUY DNOTES from Poloniex and once you have your coins you can send them to your retirement plan.

I am currently registered on DNOTES Vault with a 20 year retirement plan which is earning me an interest of 1% per month. This is 12% compounding interest annually. When I started my plan I decided to buy 52.63157894 DNOTES from Poloniex at a value of 0.00099999 BTC which was around $2.03479201 when I transferred my DNOTES into my wallet.

The value of my investment is currently $10.43789687 and I have already earned 0.52542632 DNOTES interest on my original balance. I intend on buying DNOTES on a monthly basis and sending it to my retirement plan. I will keep you guys posted on the progress of my account.

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@bitcoinkings/week-1-bought-52-dnotes-for-my-20-year-retirement-plan-1-interest-per-month

Awesome video though it needs some clarification. Of course, we love and appreciate compliments that are totally unsolicited.

DNotes is committed to building a trusted brand because we believe that trust is invaluable in every business dealing, particularly in financial services.  The next wave of investment will be coming from seasoned investors and professional fund managers. We want to ensure that everything that we do is researchable and verifiable. That is what separates DNotes from most of our industry peers. Perhaps we believe more than others that we are dealing with money, other people’s hard-earned money, no matter how it is characterized - commodity, asset of no instinct value, or property.

Now back to CRISP For Retirement. We did not want to dilute our stakeholders assets by issuing more DNotes in order to fund the retirement program, yet we felt that it would be a great incentive to provide a few selections of different terms to give people a choice that best fit their time horizon – 5, 10, 15, or 20 years.

With that I got the support of some major stakeholders who collectively purchased 1,000,000 Dnotes and contributed them for of paying the interest until the last DNotes from this pool is used up. The balance is verifiable:

CRISP for Retirement Statistics
Funded Retirement Accounts   296
Principal Deposit Value   82,479.42 USD
Total Interest Payments   951,187 NOTE
Current USD Value   1,322,245.80 USD
Current DNotes   6,601,110 NOTE
Retirement Fund Bonus Balance   100,447 NOTE

Apparently, there is still some left. The math may not add up because early withdrawal were forfeited any interest paid as stipulated.
We are committed to the benefits and success of others based on our principal belief that we will also be successful as a group by doing that. The following press release provides more details:

Yahoo Finance:

DNotes Digital Currency Retirement Savings Plans Provide Relief For Underfunded Retirement Accounts

AccesswireFebruary 16, 2015

DNotes is pleased to announce unprecedented Digital Currency Retirement Savings Plans to provide relief for underfunded retirement accounts; offering up to 12% Yearly Interest Bonus with a limit of 1,000,000 DNotes and a 100% deposit guarantee.

CHICAGO, IL / ACCESSWIRE / February 16, 2015 / DNotes, known as a stable digital currency with a solid and consistent uptrend, announced an unprecedented new savings plan to provide relief for underfunded individual retirement accounts. According to computing pioneer and DNotes Co-Founder Alan Yong, one million DNotes have been donated to CR.I.S.P. (Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plan) for Retirement to encourage savers to supplement their underfunded individual retirement accounts. With any long term DNotes deposit commitment of 5, 10, 15, or 20 year duration, individuals will receive a 100% deposit guarantee, up to 12% yearly interest bonus on their deposit with 1 million DNotes limit on the bonus interest offered. Utilizing DNotes secure online coin storage platform DnotesVault; DNotes is now offering a wide range of individualized long term savings solutions.

Mr. Yong went on to explain that not everyone has the means or ability to save for retirement, resulting in many reaching retirement age with social security as their only source of income. Even for disciplined savers who can only save a small amount regularly, because of limited means, it can take decades to build a meaningful nest egg. This is compounded by the fact that nearly one in three Americans have withdrawn funds from their accounts before reaching retirement age.
Digital currencies such as DNotes and Bitcoin, are often characterized with huge potential growth propelled by rapidly growing investment from venture capital and wealthy individuals. As a group, $314 million was invested in this space in 2014 and is likely to exceed $1 billion this year. Being still at an early stage, investment in digital currency has the potential to yield high returns, albeit at a high risk. It is, therefore, prudent to only allocate a small percentage of one's total portfolio for high risk investment, especially in early stages digital currency.

Closer to home, the seriously under funded individual retirement savings are also troubling. RJF, Director of CR.I.S.P. for Retirement expressed his concern, "In these uncertain financial times, it is becoming more and more difficult to maintain a retirement account that will actually see you through your golden years. We believe that the concept of using DNotes to augment your retirement savings is an important consideration."

RJF went on to explain that CR.I.S.P. for Retirement is an unstructured and self-directed plan, using DNotes as the investment vehicle to supplement retirement savings. Re-occurring savings, in any amount, may be added at any time. This savings plan can be started with any amount of DNotes by opening an account at DNotesVault with an expanded registration at CR.I.S.P. for Retirement landing page.
CR.I.S.P. is the brain-child of Chase, a core team member of CryptoMoms; a community with a dedicated mission to encourage and assist women to participate in the cryptocurrency world currently dominated by men. CryptoMoms.com is a currency neutral site, offering rich content on everything about cryptocurrency. It has a very helpful community ready to answer any questions promptly. CryptoMoms was created by, and is fully funded by, the DNotes team.

Read More: :  https://finance.yahoo.com/news/dnotes-digital-currency-retirement-savings-032800708.html
TeeGee

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 12:59:51 AM

Hello everybody,

Been playing around with some video content again. Today Joe and I filmed a quick clip about economic freedom and cryptocurrency, explaining some of the advantages of it in regards to freedom, and its effect on the developing world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zip5xpUlp3c&feature=youtu.be

MiningHabit

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 03:06:21 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2017, 04:16:19 AM by MiningHabit

Hello everybody,

Been playing around with some video content again. Today Joe and I filmed a quick clip about economic freedom and cryptocurrency, explaining some of the advantages of it in regards to freedom, and its effect on the developing world.

Nice video! Addy walked in to say goodnight whilst I was watching this, and she goes "Hey I know him! We had noodles together the other day."

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 05:54:08 AM

Hello everybody,

Nice video! Addy walked in to say goodnight whilst I was watching this, and she goes "Hey I know him! We had noodles together the other day."

"Hey I know him! We had noodles together the other day." That is cute. Say hi to Addy for us.

Tim is amazingly talented with a great breath of knowledge. He is the best story teller for DNotes. Now that we have a lot of projects solidly in place, we will start sharing them with the rest of the world.

DNotes has been taking a very different path since day one. Like us, we all make a copy of the "engine" and changed the name plate and call it ours. Creating DNotes, the digital currency, was the easiest part. Building the complete vehicle, roads, bridges, services stations, repair shops, dealership, and everything else are significantly more challenging that few are prepared to undertake. DNotes is about building a complete system best positioned for mass acceptance of DNotes as a supplement or replacement to fiat currency - meeting the full functions of money.
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 06:38:21 AM

Australian Politician Questions Bitcoin in Remarks About Terrorism and Encryption

https://dcebrief.com/australian-politician-questions-bitcoin-in-remarks-about-terrorism-and-encryption/
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 06:43:22 AM

With Crypto Trading Volumes Up, Coinbase Stumbles Again

https://dcebrief.com/with-crypto-trading-volumes-up-coinbase-stumbles-again/

Yes they stumbled but, they did not cause it. I basically watched the whole thing go down, what a mess.  It all started when a bunch of whales at okCoin decided to eliminate their long positions on BTC. Thousands, possibly tens of thousands, of Bitcoin were dumped over an hour or so and the rest is history. Poor CoinBase got inundated with buy orders mostly when the bottom fell out of the price and came to a screeching halt. Best I can tell there was some panic mixed in when a number of Tiawan banks stopped supporting BTC/USD markets. My wife saw the buy opportunity but could not get on. Her comment? "Figures..."  Oh well, maybe next time.

I see this as a failure to scale up quickly enough and have the reserve computing power, and big enough pipe to handle what used to be anomalies but are becoming common place. The truest saying out there is "Only the strong survive" It's time for the exchanges to bulk up!

I agree wholeheartedly that they didn't cause it, and hope that the post didn't suggest otherwise. I also agree that they have some clear scaling issues that need to be resolved. It wouldn't hurt for some of these exchanges to beef up their support capabilities as well - but they're still fairly young.

Sometimes it's hard to get kids to listen...
illuzor

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 08:37:36 AM

Friends, support the Dnotes in voting

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1948108.msg19548456#msg19548456
TimMarsh

Activity: 187

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 08:51:02 AM

Hello everybody,

Great video TeeGee. It felt really natural and unscripted. I can see that it is a topic that you are interested in and really understand.

I wonder what the critical mass for a cryptocurrency to be used in daily trade is. I suppose it would have to be broken into two sections; sellers, and buyers. But my uneducated guess would be about 35% of shop owners and 15% of customers might do it.

In Cambodia the number of small business owners is mind-blowing. It feels like nearly every adult has some sort of gig running either on their own or with their family. So while it might take a while for the big companies to analyse the risks and opportunities, these one person operations could adopt very quickly. And if you're able to please 15% more of your customer base by accepting cryptocurrency, and adopting the system is easy, safe, and free, it won't take much.

I understand what you mean when saying that the development has to come from the developed countries with the budget to get it done. But I really believe the early implementation and roll-outs would work best and have the most positive impact in the developing nations. On top of this, the poorest people will be the earliest adopters and get the financial boost which follows a successful roll-out like this.

Another benefit of rolling out in a developing nation first is that the overheads are so much less. You could hire staff to set-up and train a set number of vendors a day, giving them a poster on completion for much less money. And they'd be much happier about getting that income. Then you're less likely to have regulation issues from the government to contend with as well.

Bitcoin gained a lot of advantages by being the first. But I'm certain the market advantage of being the first for day-to-day transactions will be much more important. It reminds me of the old days where shops would display signs saying, "We accept [brand] credit cards here." So how long until the "We accept DNotes here" posters get rolled out?

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
BlackMambaPH

Activity: 1022
Merit: 509

AXIE INFINITY IS THE BEST!

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 08:52:29 AM

I will.

AXIE INFINITY IS THE BEST!
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 01:39:16 PM

This is awesome!

7 hours ago

Hi guys!

Awesome video though it needs some clarification. Of course, we love and appreciate compliments that are totally unsolicited.

DNotes is committed to building a trusted brand because we believe that trust is invaluable in every business dealing, particularly in financial services.  The next wave of investment will be coming from seasoned investors and professional fund managers. We want to ensure that everything that we do is researchable and verifiable. That is what separates DNotes from most of our industry peers. Perhaps we believe more than others that we are dealing with money, other people’s hard-earned money, no matter how it is characterized - commodity, asset of no instinct value, or property.

Now back to CRISP For Retirement. We did not want to dilute our stakeholders assets by issuing more DNotes in order to fund the retirement program, yet we felt that it would be a great incentive to provide a few selections of different terms to give people a choice that best fit their time horizon – 5, 10, 15, or 20 years.

With that I got the support of some major stakeholders who collectively purchased 1,000,000 Dnotes and contributed them for of paying the interest until the last DNotes from this pool is used up. The balance is verifiable:

CRISP for Retirement Statistics
Funded Retirement Accounts   296
Principal Deposit Value   82,479.42 USD
Total Interest Payments   951,187 NOTE
Current USD Value   1,322,245.80 USD
Current DNotes   6,601,110 NOTE
Retirement Fund Bonus Balance   100,447 NOTE

Apparently, there is still some left. The math may not add up because early withdrawal were forfeited any interest paid as stipulated.
We are committed to the benefits and success of others based on our principal belief that we will also be successful as a group by doing that. The following press release provides more details:

Yahoo Finance:

DNotes Digital Currency Retirement Savings Plans Provide Relief For Underfunded Retirement Accounts

AccesswireFebruary 16, 2015

DNotes is pleased to announce unprecedented Digital Currency Retirement Savings Plans to provide relief for underfunded retirement accounts; offering up to 12% Yearly Interest Bonus with a limit of 1,000,000 DNotes and a 100% deposit guarantee.

CHICAGO, IL / ACCESSWIRE / February 16, 2015 / DNotes, known as a stable digital currency with a solid and consistent uptrend, announced an unprecedented new savings plan to provide relief for underfunded individual retirement accounts. According to computing pioneer and DNotes Co-Founder Alan Yong, one million DNotes have been donated to CR.I.S.P. (Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plan) for Retirement to encourage savers to supplement their underfunded individual retirement accounts. With any long term DNotes deposit commitment of 5, 10, 15, or 20 year duration, individuals will receive a 100% deposit guarantee, up to 12% yearly interest bonus on their deposit with 1 million DNotes limit on the bonus interest offered. Utilizing DNotes secure online coin storage platform DnotesVault; DNotes is now offering a wide range of individualized long term savings solutions.

Mr. Yong went on to explain that not everyone has the means or ability to save for retirement, resulting in many reaching retirement age with social security as their only source of income. Even for disciplined savers who can only save a small amount regularly, because of limited means, it can take decades to build a meaningful nest egg. This is compounded by the fact that nearly one in three Americans have withdrawn funds from their accounts before reaching retirement age.
Digital currencies such as DNotes and Bitcoin, are often characterized with huge potential growth propelled by rapidly growing investment from venture capital and wealthy individuals. As a group, $314 million was invested in this space in 2014 and is likely to exceed $1 billion this year. Being still at an early stage, investment in digital currency has the potential to yield high returns, albeit at a high risk. It is, therefore, prudent to only allocate a small percentage of one's total portfolio for high risk investment, especially in early stages digital currency.

Closer to home, the seriously under funded individual retirement savings are also troubling. RJF, Director of CR.I.S.P. for Retirement expressed his concern, "In these uncertain financial times, it is becoming more and more difficult to maintain a retirement account that will actually see you through your golden years. We believe that the concept of using DNotes to augment your retirement savings is an important consideration."

RJF went on to explain that CR.I.S.P. for Retirement is an unstructured and self-directed plan, using DNotes as the investment vehicle to supplement retirement savings. Re-occurring savings, in any amount, may be added at any time. This savings plan can be started with any amount of DNotes by opening an account at DNotesVault with an expanded registration at CR.I.S.P. for Retirement landing page.
CR.I.S.P. is the brain-child of Chase, a core team member of CryptoMoms; a community with a dedicated mission to encourage and assist women to participate in the cryptocurrency world currently dominated by men. CryptoMoms.com is a currency neutral site, offering rich content on everything about cryptocurrency. It has a very helpful community ready to answer any questions promptly. CryptoMoms was created by, and is fully funded by, the DNotes team.

Read More: :  https://finance.yahoo.com/news/dnotes-digital-currency-retirement-savings-032800708.html

"...we love and appreciate compliments that are totally unsolicited."

That is what I was so impressed with! It was so refreshing to stumble across a post where someone is genuinely trying to help people, and be of service to a cryptocurrency, with nothing in it for them. Yes, the value of a cryptocurrency will rise if everyone put this much effort into it, but it will be quite some time before he gets rich off of 53 DNotes.

Thank you Gordon!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 02:57:32 PM

Centralized and decentralized combination of blockchain applications are very popular and expanding themselves in the ico market. I also watch DNotes 2.0 to have a better understanding.

Thanks NavySeals, please let us know if you have any questions. We appreciate them as it helps us identify areas that may need further clarification as well.

TeeGee

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 04:20:55 PM

Hello everybody,

Great video TeeGee. It felt really natural and unscripted. I can see that it is a topic that you are interested in and really understand.

I wonder what the critical mass for a cryptocurrency to be used in daily trade is. I suppose it would have to be broken into two sections; sellers, and buyers. But my uneducated guess would be about 35% of shop owners and 15% of customers might do it.

In Cambodia the number of small business owners is mind-blowing. It feels like nearly every adult has some sort of gig running either on their own or with their family. So while it might take a while for the big companies to analyse the risks and opportunities, these one person operations could adopt very quickly. And if you're able to please 15% more of your customer base by accepting cryptocurrency, and adopting the system is easy, safe, and free, it won't take much.

I understand what you mean when saying that the development has to come from the developed countries with the budget to get it done. But I really believe the early implementation and roll-outs would work best and have the most positive impact in the developing nations. On top of this, the poorest people will be the earliest adopters and get the financial boost which follows a successful roll-out like this.

Another benefit of rolling out in a developing nation first is that the overheads are so much less. You could hire staff to set-up and train a set number of vendors a day, giving them a poster on completion for much less money. And they'd be much happier about getting that income. Then you're less likely to have regulation issues from the government to contend with as well.

Bitcoin gained a lot of advantages by being the first. But I'm certain the market advantage of being the first for day-to-day transactions will be much more important. It reminds me of the old days where shops would display signs saying, "We accept [brand] credit cards here." So how long until the "We accept DNotes here" posters get rolled out?

I very much appreciate the kind words - you are correct, I don't script my videos. That was probably my 4th or 5th proper attempt at a run-through. I restart if I digress too far (because of the unstructured nature of what I'm discussing).

I also agree that there is a large market in developing nations that makes sense given lower development overheads. The only thing that really matters in this industry is that you're positioned best at that time when the technology, regulatory environment, and consumer preparedness for rapid expansion exists.

The throne is seldom held for long, especially absent direction and prefect execution as is the case with Bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: