Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:00:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148794 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
MiningHabit

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 08:53:23 PM

Hi alfaalfa, it is great to have you here and interested in DNotes!
Great questions - I will try to give you a quick answer until someone else can fill in the blanks.

This is the verifiable public information available:
DNotes Global, Inc. was incorporated in the State of Delaware on April 1, 2016, #6005128. It is a 01025 Stock Corporation ("C" Corporation). It is currently being built and great care is being taken to ensure it is done right, so there is a lot of legal work going on (the Law firm of Huck Bouma has been retained).

The 75% ownership will be held by the large investors who put up the big $$$$ to help fund this massive project. Depending on how it is structured, we may never know the identities of who has invested in it, if that information is not required to be made public (think of the 'silent partner' or ICO).

The 25% ownership held by DNotes currency will be subject to dilution. Future plans may require the company to go public with a stock offering in order to fund global growth. These investors will be expecting their money to increase the value of DNotes Global, not the currency (at least not directly). If the value of the company increases, the value of the currency also increases, and even though the % ownership may have decreased through dilution, the actual value of your stake shouldn't. It is a win/win situation and the first of its kind in cryptocurrency.

I hope this helps.  Smiley

This thing is about to become a VC-backed rocket ship. Fascinating. And awesome.

DNotes 2.0 - Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MiningHabit

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 09:06:15 PM

This means anybody can take part in DNotes Global's success, without needing to come up with minimum capital requirements that are common in the VC world.

Gosh, I love this. One of the things that I really despise about the regulatory environment around VC is that the government wildly favors the rich. In order to invest in a company like Snapchat back in the day before it was public, you have to be an accredited investor. And the SEC has 8 different definitions of how one might qualify to be one. 7 of the 8 are related to being an institutionally accredited investor (you run a hedge fund with a certain amount of assets under management, for example). The one related to people is absurd. You have to make $250,000 a year the last few years, and a reasonable expectation of the same income in the current year AND you need at least a million dollars in net worth (not including illiquid assets like your house).

Doesn't matter what I think I might know about investing, about money, about risk, about statistics....I am NOT to be trusted like the rich trust fund kid. I'm not wealthy, therefore I'm too dumb to understand investments with higher volatility and risk of ruin.

I found a loophole (if you are an executive at the company in which you are investing, you can be accredited for that single investment). But still, I'm not allowed to put money into Snapchat. There have been relaxed rules around this and crowdfunding, but they still make it impossible to investment at meaningful levels.

And this is a reason why I am, and have been for years, an acolyte in the dark proselytizing about the benefits of crypto.

I'm tired of rich gatekeepers telling me what I am and can't do. I'm tired of the government using banking as a bludgeoning tool of foreign policy. There are 2 billion unbanked people in the world. Now they can benefit without needing all the expensive infrastructure of the western economic system.

Decentralization of money is just about the biggest idea going right now (second, imo to augmented reality as controlled by networks of AI). And the idea I quoted above is just one of the myriad reasons that it's so powerful with so much potential for growth.

DNotes 2.0 - Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 03:55:51 AM

Great questions - I will try to give you a quick answer until someone else can fill in the blanks.

DNotes Global, Inc. was incorporated in the State of Delaware on April 1, 2016, #6005128. It is a 01025 Stock Corporation ("C" Corporation). It is currently being built and great care is being taken to ensure it is done right, so there is a lot of legal work going on (the Law firm of Huck Bouma has been retained).

The 75% ownership will be held by the large investors who put up the big $$$$ to help fund this massive project. Depending on how it is structured, we may never know the identities of who has invested in it, if that information is not required to be made public (think of the 'silent partner' or ICO).

The 25% ownership held by DNotes currency will be subject to dilution. Future plans may require the company to go public with a stock offering in order to fund global growth. These investors will be expecting their money to increase the value of DNotes Global, not the currency (at least not directly). If the value of the company increases, the value of the currency also increases, and even though the % ownership may have decreased through dilution, the actual value of your stake shouldn't. It is a win/win situation and the first of its kind in cryptocurrency.

This thing is about to become a VC-backed rocket ship. Fascinating. And awesome.

It will take a while for enough people to gain a good understanding that DNotes is much more than just another digital currency. We are building a tightly integrated financial and business enterprise system designed to take full advantage of the future of money as well as the under-pining blockchain technology. A lot of efforts are being made to produce a series of videos that will make it easier to gain a better understand of DNotes and the team behind it. Hopefully, the first one will be posted later this week.
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 06:49:50 AM

Huobi Adding Ethereum Trading to Exchange May 31st

https://dcebrief.com/huobi-adding-ethereum-trading-to-exchange-may-31st/
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 01:57:27 PM

This means anybody can take part in DNotes Global's success, without needing to come up with minimum capital requirements that are common in the VC world.

Gosh, I love this. One of the things that I really despise about the regulatory environment around VC is that the government wildly favors the rich. In order to invest in a company like Snapchat back in the day before it was public, you have to be an accredited investor. And the SEC has 8 different definitions of how one might qualify to be one. 7 of the 8 are related to being an institutionally accredited investor (you run a hedge fund with a certain amount of assets under management, for example). The one related to people is absurd. You have to make $250,000 a year the last few years, and a reasonable expectation of the same income in the current year AND you need at least a million dollars in net worth (not including illiquid assets like your house).

Doesn't matter what I think I might know about investing, about money, about risk, about statistics....I am NOT to be trusted like the rich trust fund kid. I'm not wealthy, therefore I'm too dumb to understand investments with higher volatility and risk of ruin.

I found a loophole (if you are an executive at the company in which you are investing, you can be accredited for that single investment). But still, I'm not allowed to put money into Snapchat. There have been relaxed rules around this and crowdfunding, but they still make it impossible to investment at meaningful levels.

And this is a reason why I am, and have been for years, an acolyte in the dark proselytizing about the benefits of crypto.

I'm tired of rich gatekeepers telling me what I am and can't do. I'm tired of the government using banking as a bludgeoning tool of foreign policy. There are 2 billion unbanked people in the world. Now they can benefit without needing all the expensive infrastructure of the western economic system.

Decentralization of money is just about the biggest idea going right now (second, imo to augmented reality as controlled by networks of AI). And the idea I quoted above is just one of the myriad reasons that it's so powerful with so much potential for growth.

You're very correct MiningHabit. The system is paid for by the wealthy, and catered for them in return. If anybody could invest, it would jack up the prices of stocks far too much, and the wealthy wouldn't be able to get the early buy in. If they're so shrewd with investing, surely they'd know how to beat the rest of us?

Getting these barriers down must be a priority to improving the opportunities of everybody, everywhere. You stated that very eloquently.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 06:02:52 PM

It will take a while for enough people to gain a good understanding that DNotes is much more than just another digital currency. We are building a tightly integrated financial and business enterprise system designed to take full advantage of the future of money as well as the under-pining blockchain technology. A lot of efforts are being made to produce a series of videos that will make it easier to gain a better understand of DNotes and the team behind it. Hopefully, the first one will be posted later this week.

We should have the first video in the series available today. May need some community feedback on what the video branding should look like. Leaning towards something along the lines of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLMOvfHV54g&feature=youtu.be

TeeGee

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 07:53:15 PM

Yes, we're working through some cool intro graphics atm. Looking forward to the first video release!

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 04:28:59 AM

DNotes Path to Mass Adoption - Ease of Use

Tim Goggin from the DNotes team describes the DNotes ecosystem and the Cornerstones of Mass Adoption:
-Equitable Distribution.
-Secure Storage / Consumer Protection
-Global Payment Network
-Ease of Use

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkf1174xltQ&feature=youtu.be

TeeGee

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 04:30:04 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2017, 11:47:16 PM by mprep

Thank you very much for editing this and posting it Joe (DNotes). And Brandon_Cheliak for the slides.

Glad to help. We will have more releases soon.

I wanted to expand on your well-made point MiningHabit.

Crypto & Greater world financial inclusion:

The inclusion for all people worldwide to participate in the financial system is now feasible with the advent of digital money. There remain today 2 billion adults without a bank account (as you pointed out); the vast majority living in developing countries. Respondents cited a lack of money as the most common reason for not acquiring banking services — a signal that the economic cost to obtain and service a bank account hinder financial network participation. Proximity to financial institutions for rural dwellings act as a further barrier to entry, with banks preferring to operate only in locations where it is economically viable to do so.

Peer-to-peer cash networks render null and void the economic barriers that prevent financial participation of low-income and remote citizens worldwide. Trade is crucial for economic development, and p2p systems require but two compatible internet-capable electronic devices to facilitate this need — and the capability for digital signed ‘offline’ payments are already possible for very remote locations.

How can the DNotes mission to fulfill this need better than the competition can not be a winner!?

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 01:15:40 PM

Tim Goggin from the DNotes team describes the DNotes ecosystem and the Cornerstones of Mass Adoption:
-Equitable Distribution.
-Global Payment Network
-Ease of Use

For most people, the process of change is always uncomfortable and challenging. It is hard to commit or bet our hard-earned dollars in investment we don’t understand. Many have missed opportunities investing in Amazon, Google, and Facebook of the likes at the initial stages because of this tendency.

For over three years, since we founded DNotes, we have been positioning DNotes differently in recognition that education and trust building are crucial to have more people understand and participate in the new investment phenomena going on today. Bitcoin, blockchain, smart contract, FinTech, ITO, and the future of money are beginning to dominate the new world of fast and furious high-risk investment today.

Thousands of man-hours have been invested in DNotes – the digital currency and its ecosystem with strong emphasis in educating investors and influencers of our industry. This is one among many videos being created. Help us to promote our cause. Please share and like at your pleasure.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 01:44:47 PM

-Equitable Distribution.
-Global Payment Network
-Ease of Use

For most people, the process of change is always uncomfortable and challenging. It is hard to commit or bet our hard-earned dollars in investment we don’t understand. Many have missed opportunities investing in Amazon, Google, and Facebook of the likes at the initial stages because of this tendency.

For over three years, since we founded DNotes, we have been positioning DNotes differently in recognition that education and trust building are crucial to have more people understand and participate in the new investment phenomena going on today. Bitcoin, blockchain, smart contract, FinTech, ITO, and the future of money are beginning to dominate the new world of fast and furious high-risk investment today.

Thousands of man-hours have been invested in DNotes – the digital currency and its ecosystem with strong emphasis in educating investors and influencers of our industry. This is one among many videos being created. Help us to promote our cause. Please share and like at your pleasure.

The video is awesome! It should be watched not only by people that are checking out DNotes, but by everyone considering investing in ANY cryptocurrency. Great job!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 03:56:03 PM

https://dcebrief.com/separating-wealth-creation-from-the-state-does-dnotes-have-the-answer/

butragenjo

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 06:37:26 PM

Hi! I am old Dnotes holder,if I sell my notes now I can getting good profit approx 1 BTC. What is your opinion,its a good idea to sell now or waiting for Dnotes2.0 release? I will not be a loser in price after Dnotes2.0 release?
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 08:46:17 PM

Hi! I am old Dnotes holder,if I sell my notes now I can getting good profit approx 1 BTC. What is your opinion,its a good idea to sell now or waiting for Dnotes2.0 release? I will not be a loser in price after Dnotes2.0 release?

What I can say is that DNotes is at the very early stage of executing its roadmap. Relative to its industry peers DNotes is significantly under-valued. However, it should be a personal decision to buy, sell, or hold. No one can predict with certainty what the price of DNotes will be at any point in the future.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 08:53:27 PM

What I can say is that DNotes is at the very early stage of executing its roadmap. Relative to its industry peers DNotes is significantly under-valued. However, it should be a personal decision to buy, sell, or hold. No one can predict with certainty what the price of DNotes will be at any point in the future.

Hi butragenjo and great job on the DNotes investing! I don't want to tell you that you should hold onto your DNotes, or when to sell them, as only you can decide what is right for your circumstances. I can give you a few things to consider before you make your decision.

From day one, DNotes has positioned itself as long term investment, and has spent the last 3 years building the infrastructure for massive scaling and global growth. This is nothing like the usual coin development, and price pumps that occur when new technology is announced. DNotes keeps almost everything under wraps until it is ready for release and always delivers (or over-delivers) on promises. What DNotes has built so far will make sense to the business world, the financial world, and the everyday person. No other coin has accomplished this yet.

Within cryptocurrency, there is a very worrisome short-term attitude, probably because most projects fail to deliver on much of anything. Many of the current market participants are going to miss out on the chance of real wealth accumulation, because they don't know how to stay on course with a few long term investments that should form the backbone of their portfolio.

Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 12:48:53 AM

Chinese Crypto Exchanges Resume Withdrawals for Customers

https://dcebrief.com/chinese-bitcoin-exchanges-resume-withdrawals-for-customers/
gres91

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 01:46:07 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2017, 02:15:48 AM by gres91

-Equitable Distribution.
-Global Payment Network
-Ease of Use

how do you get 4% proof of stake? CRISP has 2% at DNotes vault and online wallets get 2%. what do you do to get 4%?

also, can offline wallet stake to my CRISP? lots to learn here.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 02:58:46 AM

-Equitable Distribution.
-Global Payment Network
-Ease of Use

how do you get 4% proof of stake? CRISP has 2% at DNotes vault and online wallets get 2%. what do you do to get 4%?

also, can offline wallet stake to my CRISP? lots to learn here.

Welcome to DNotes, gres91. We are doing our best to reward all our stakeholders – large or small if they keep their DNotes in a wallet or in DNoteVault for thirty days or more. This earns an annual return of 2% paid every 30 days. The second 2% (on average) is paid to those who participate in staking to support the DNotes’ network, individually, using staking pool, or through DNotesVault. Again, we are working hard to make it as simple as possible, including the support of off-line wallets.

runhuayi

Activity: 41
Merit: 10

Crypto

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 05:47:28 AM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why doesn't our dnotes add www.btc38.com trading platform? China on digital currency trading is a very big market. We hope that the development team to promote in China!

Free Distribution 50,000,000 VPNCOIN  !!! (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789961.0)钱包地址:Vuq19KLsjvU21Z7MaEBj44KN5m5YcggcQG
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 12:05:04 PM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why doesn't our dnotes add www.btc38.com trading platform? China on digital currency trading is a very big market. We hope that the development team to promote in China!

Most exchanges do not view DNotes as a high volume trading crypto because of our conservative philosophy. We believe in taking our time to build a solid infrastructure with stability. However, I have personally approached them and others without success, though we never mounted an aggressive campaign. It is not a high priority to us at this time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: