Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:51:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148798 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 06:35:44 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2017, 07:00:30 PM by Brandon Cheliak

Russia to Block Access to Bitcoin Trading Sites

https://dcebrief.com/russia-to-block-access-to-bitcoin-trading-sites/

There is certainly a lot of mixed messaging coming out of Russia. It is highly likely that there will form a crypto-divide between those that ban use of cryptocurrency, and those who endorse their use. We will quickly see which approach is more economically beneficial, whereupon some of those countries will either reevaluate their position, or double down on it. Cryptocurrencies are made by the people, for the people, so I think there is a case to be made that if enough people want to use them, and the government should reflect the will of the people, then that should be mirrored in policy.

You're absolutely right TeeGee, that governments should enact the will of the people. I'm just struggling to find an instance where corporations wanted one thing, and the people wanted the opposite and then the government legislated in favour of the people's will. You'd think that in democracies that would happen all of the time. But apparently not.

Instead I think that we'll see the old financial sector lobbying their governments to act against cryptocurrencies and governments doing what they're asked. Some governments will recognise the economic benefits of being a technological leader in the field, I'm looking at you Tallinn, and push back against the financial sector and their lobby groups. Other governments will recognise the economic benefits of their population's increased wealth so will regulate to stop losses through fraudulent ICOs while encouraging the cryptocurrency industry in general. I'm thinking of Japan as an example of this.

But neither of these positions may have a significant effect on the industry over the long term. Where there is a will there is a way. Frequently the chip to override Sony Playstation security was available for purchase before the box with that security update was on the market. Whatever actions governments take to limit the use or accessibility of cryptocurrencies, enterprising groups will design work-arounds and solutions that welcome those citizen's trade.

I see a country banning the use of cryptocurrencies as about as effective as a country banning the uploading of images onto the Internet. And the more they squeeze the blacker the market gets. If on the other hand, governments rewarded citizens for declaring their wallet addresses, that same market would become a lot less black.

So I'm enjoying watching all of this unfold in your good company, and see some unpredictable chaos ahead like a crazy pattern on a blanket. But this blanket is settling down over a landscape of valleys well worn by history. The prohibition of alcohol, the Tulip bubble, the dotcom bubble, the introduction of bank cards and ATM machines. All of these reflect human behaviour and are good predictors of both government and public response.

"I see a country banning the use of cryptocurrencies as about as effective as a country banning the uploading of images onto the Internet. And the more they squeeze the blacker the market gets."

This is a good point. It also begs the questions, how much tax revenue would they be willing to spend enforcing a full prohibition, and how much potential tax revenue from a blossoming new global industry are they willing to miss out on before they realize their miscalculation. But there's also a high likelihood that the mixed messages from Russian officials is nothing more than showmanship intended to cause a stir.
amalgal

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 06:53:56 PM

Screenshots from DNotes 2.0:

The wallet is amazing - Great job to everyone who is working on it!  Smiley

Agreed, it looks great! I can't wait to test out the new features. Keep up the great work everyone.
I think wallet design could be better , it doesnt looks like wow. Maybe pictures are not good enough(not professional) or maybe wallet doesnt  need it at all . Just look at stratis breeze wallet it is cool .
Brandon Cheliak

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:04:38 PM

I think wallet design could be better , it doesnt looks like wow. Maybe pictures are not good enough(not professional) or maybe wallet doesnt  need it at all . Just look at stratis breeze wallet it is cool .

I think the intention of these screenshots was to give everyone an idea of what features will be included and the basic layout. If you have any suggestions for the final design, I'm sure the team behind the scenes would be very appreciative to hear them.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 07:16:45 PM

I think the intention of these screenshots was to give everyone an idea of what features will be included and the basic layout. If you have any suggestions for the final design, I'm sure the team behind the scenes would be very appreciative to hear them.

Thanks erv and amalgal! Yep that is correct, these are not professionally designed as of yet, more of just an update on the progress. We do plan to skin the wallet once we are done with the front end. We welcome any suggestions.

R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:16:08 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2017, 08:49:50 PM by R-J-F

It looks like some hedge funds have learned how to game the system. Allowing their name to be used in order to orchestrate what is basically a pump and dump, surely warrants a watchful eye from Securities regulators.

Hedge Funds Flip ICOs, Leaving Other Investors Holding the Bag - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-03/hedge-funds-flip-icos-leaving-other-investors-holding-the-bag

This article left me speechless (almost). It was written by the former Senior Communications Director and Counsel for Sen. Rand Paul. It is one of the most condescending pieces of crypto-drivel I have ever seen. grrr!

Soccer-Mom-Friendly AML Bitcoin Will Make Digital Currencies Mainstream - http://observer.com/2017/10/aml-bitcoin-will-make-digital-currencies-mainstream/

Total and complete crap and they don't have a comment section! Most likely would have deleted what I had to say about them anyway...  Grin  "crypto-drivel" I love it!  We should work to incorporate that into the lexicon!  Grin

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
R-J-F

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:31:46 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2017, 08:45:54 PM by R-J-F

The new wallet looks interesting. Have you thought about directly integrating it with the Vault? You could have a "Vault" tab with a sub menu for Vault balance and functions to easily move funds back and forth. On the surface you might not think there would be much use but, consider it like recharging a debit card or taking money out of your savings account and moving it to your checking account. All kinds of cool things you could add to the wallet if you tied it to a vault account.

Lets take it a step further, automatic payments. Include the ability to add addresses to which the user would set auto payouts at preset times. Go a step further and allow the user to make these payouts at will, or on a schedule, and get a report on demand or an email when a payment is made. Maybe in the future it could incorporate different currencies. Just a thought, look at the wallet as a money control system, a place multiple currencies and functions can be added in modular form.

I think this kind of functionality will be important as crypto is adopted mainstream as payments and online transactions with brick and mortar businesses becomes common place. Dnotes could truly be a pioneer while others add technical features most casual users will never understand, Dnotes truly becomes the "Peoples Coin" with easy to use everyday solutions to managing digital money.

Now, as this upgrade progresses, would be the perfect time to at least build in the basic code to accomplish these functions even if you are not ready to take this kind of stuff live. That way you would be ready and could add modules easily. Just some thoughts on the future...

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 11:50:27 PM

The new wallet looks interesting. Have you thought about directly integrating it with the Vault? You could have a "Vault" tab with a sub menu for Vault balance and functions to easily move funds back and forth. On the surface you might not think there would be much use but, consider it like recharging a debit card or taking money out of your savings account and moving it to your checking account. All kinds of cool things you could add to the wallet if you tied it to a vault account.

Lets take it a step further, automatic payments. Include the ability to add addresses to which the user would set auto payouts at preset times. Go a step further and allow the user to make these payouts at will, or on a schedule, and get a report on demand or an email when a payment is made. Maybe in the future it could incorporate different currencies. Just a thought, look at the wallet as a money control system, a place multiple currencies and functions can be added in modular form.

I think this kind of functionality will be important as crypto is adopted mainstream as payments and online transactions with brick and mortar businesses becomes common place. Dnotes could truly be a pioneer while others add technical features most casual users will never understand, Dnotes truly becomes the "Peoples Coin" with easy to use everyday solutions to managing digital money.

Now, as this upgrade progresses, would be the perfect time to at least build in the basic code to accomplish these functions even if you are not ready to take this kind of stuff live. That way you would be ready and could add modules easily. Just some thoughts on the future...

Thanks RJF! Great suggestions! We are definitely on the same page, we would like to make the UI of the wallet and the vault eventually mimic each other to get the same user feel and functionality as well as look into integration. DNotesVault integration as well as all of our other services integrated right into the wallet, as of this update we would like to at least have a DCE and DNotes news feed.

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:24:22 AM

Screenshots from DNotes 2.0:

The wallet is amazing - Great job to everyone who is working on it!  Smiley

Agreed, it looks great! I can't wait to test out the new features. Keep up the great work everyone.

Hey Amalgal, great to have you with us.

The screenshots are for initial testing. DNotes 2.0 wallet will be reskinned / professionally designed after we have tested its functionality. We will likely also make the wallet and the vault synergistically work together directly to have a familiar or possibly near-identical navigation process.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 01:35:10 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2017, 01:54:39 AM by DNotes

New additions to the Four Pillars membership site

The videos will be available to watch via the links below for a short period of time, after that they will only be accessible from the membership site.

Chapter 4 – Leadership and
Management

Leadership, Confidence, and
Your Team’s Empowerment

Leaders and Great
Decision-Making

Managing Expectations

The Trust Factor

TimMarsh

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 06:51:26 AM

R-J-F, your thoughts on the future are great. I really like the idea of being able to transfer from the Vault with my wallet. I also like your term, "the People's Coin" and I'm seeing that attitude reflected in the simplicity and features in the new wallet.

I designed a lot of databases for a particular company which would inevitably discover the power of the new solution and their minds would explode with ideas for added features. I was slow to learn, but eventually realised that I need to structure my data as flexibly as possible and rely on my queries to do all the work. I ended up viewing the process of building a new database like building a little beach shack, but laying the foundations for a high rise resort underneath it.

I think you see this in your recommendation that now is "the perfect time to at least build in the basic code to accomplish these functions even if you are not ready to take this kind of stuff live." And I think you are absolutely right. Getting the basics set up in a manner that enables other functions to be plugged in, other data sources to be accessed, and unimagined tools to be built would be the best approach.

I see DNotes as really thinking ahead like this by the steps they are taking to move the code into C# and it seems that they're doing a lot of tidying up along the way. If so, this should make adding new features in the future easier and more secure.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:13:27 PM

R-J-F, your thoughts on the future are great. I really like the idea of being able to transfer from the Vault with my wallet. I also like your term, "the People's Coin" and I'm seeing that attitude reflected in the simplicity and features in the new wallet.

I designed a lot of databases for a particular company which would inevitably discover the power of the new solution and their minds would explode with ideas for added features. I was slow to learn, but eventually realised that I need to structure my data as flexibly as possible and rely on my queries to do all the work. I ended up viewing the process of building a new database like building a little beach shack, but laying the foundations for a high rise resort underneath it.

I think you see this in your recommendation that now is "the perfect time to at least build in the basic code to accomplish these functions even if you are not ready to take this kind of stuff live." And I think you are absolutely right. Getting the basics set up in a manner that enables other functions to be plugged in, other data sources to be accessed, and unimagined tools to be built would be the best approach.

I see DNotes as really thinking ahead like this by the steps they are taking to move the code into C# and it seems that they're doing a lot of tidying up along the way. If so, this should make adding new features in the future easier and more secure.

Thank you all for contributing to a great discussion. Keep those awesome ideas coming in. They are well appreciated. DNotes is not just trying to be another altcoin. We are building DNotes as the “People’s Coin” as RJF put it – one that is accessible to everyone worldwide irrespective of financial standing.

To accomplish that DNotes has been building a solid foundation coupled with a trusted brand. They are all done with highly scalable building blocks; strategically linked. The next critical block we have been working on is our software development; starting with DNotes 2.0 and our commitment to 100% C# conversion. This is a large project but well worth the investment and other resources. 

We have a very long wish list but for the most part come back to a simple philosophy – make DNotes cool, secured, rewarding, useful, trustworthy, and frictionless for the common people.
Brandon Cheliak

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:45:19 PM

New additions to the Four Pillars membership site

The videos will be available to watch via the links below for a short period of time, after that they will only be accessible from the membership site.

Chapter 4 – Leadership and
Management

Leadership, Confidence, and
Your Team’s Empowerment

Leaders and Great
Decision-Making

Managing Expectations

The Trust Factor

Excellent work Alan, I've learned so much by reading your book and watching the supplementary videos.
R-J-F

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:47:35 PM

Question, is DnotesPool PROP or PPLNS?  Tried to ask on the site but the "Contact" form has a permissions issue and blows up.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 04:16:47 PM

Question, is DnotesPool PROP or PPLNS?  Tried to ask on the site but the "Contact" form has a permissions issue and blows up.

Hey RJF, it's Prop. I tested the contact form again, seems to go through for me, but I'll see if we can find a problem. Otherwise you can email the pool owner directly at info@dnotespool.com

sl-avik

Activity: 158

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:22:47 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2017, 04:34:00 PM by sl-avik

Nice to see some screens and results of the work
But I think that some things not very good:
- background images it bad (i agreee with above posts)
- label "Welcome to Dnotes wall" on blue backround with frame - it bad (look like 2px width but other frame 1px) and color not good also
- may be make fullscreen wallet?
- where import/export statistics possibilities? for example export to excel some infromation
- pages need more informative (for example quick help in right part of windows)
I think  you need develop android wallet too
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 05:16:57 PM

- label "Welcome to Dnotes wall" on blue backround with frame - it bad (look like 2px width but other frame 1px) and color not good also
- where import/export statistics possibilities? for example export to excel some infromation

Thanks sl-avik!

All great suggestions. It is pretty crude at the moment, as we build in more of the functionality. Import / Export will be a great add on as well that wasn't on my radar. Tim will be working with a designer to make a mock graphic as well.

Tim, if you would keep a list of the suggestions for the graphical end as well.

DCEBrief

Merit: 102

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:53:00 PM

Greek Court Upholds Russian Extradition Request for Accused Bitcoin Launderer

https://dcebrief.com/greek-court-upholds-russian-extradition-request-for-accused-bitcoin-launderer/
sarabanda

Activity: 835
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:02:09 PM

Hello. The new Dnotes2 wallet is available or not?
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 10:16:54 PM

Hello. The new Dnotes2 wallet is available or not?

Hi sarabanda, DNotes 2.0 is not available yet. You may be interested to follow our progress on github, https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes-2.0 or join our newsletter for updates at http://dnotescoin.com/ (newsletter sign up at the bottom). Here are some screen shots of the front end as well: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.msg22856139#msg22856139

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:38:43 AM

Thanks sl-avik!

All great suggestions. It is pretty crude at the moment, as we build in more of the functionality. Import / Export will be a great add on as well that wasn't on my radar. Tim will be working with a designer to make a mock graphic as well.

Tim, if you would keep a list of the suggestions for the graphical end as well.

I'm getting a designer to mock up a couple of screenshots of what the model skin/design could look like. I will keep these recommendations in mind for the designer.

Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: