Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:03:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148798 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
BTCWise

Activity: 267
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 09:46:55 PM

That is WAY cool! What a forward thinking idea! This what I have always known DNotes was capable of, cool, user centered tech. Nice!

I totally agree with you R-J-F
The force is strong with DNotes Smiley

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:56:45 AM

Absolutely, this will be a game changer for DNotes. There are many upgrades we are working on, but the change regarding the reward structure is certainly one of the the most significant in the near term. There is no additional requirements to receive the CRISP rewards, .1666% monthly and 4% annually, even if your wallet is offline. The 2% staking reward will require a wallet that is actively running to support the network.

So if I'm correct we can earn 8% compounding interest annually? This is great news especially with all these hyip programs popping up in every corner of the internet. This is guaranteed interest and no need to worry about loosing your hard earned money.

For the 2% staking reward. Will it also work if we store our coins in the DNotesVault wallet or will we have to install a wallet on our desktops and keep it running if we want to get this 2% reward. Could you please explain this for me. Regards,

The 2% staking reward requires you to run a full node via desktop wallet.

That is correct, and yep 8% plus compounding. We are planning on having a program where DNotesVault users can have their staking privileges deferred to another wallet. So if you have a DNotesVault account, there will be an option to fill out a form and request that your staking privileges are deferred to a desktop wallet you may be running, or to a wallet running on a cloud server for instance. In this manner you would be able to keep your DNotes safe at the DNotesVault while running a separate wallet specifically for staking, with no actual coins in the wallet you are deferring the staking privileges to.

That is WAY cool! What a forward thinking idea! This what I have always known DNotes was capable of, cool, user centered tech. Nice!

Exactly RJF. DNotes focuses on creating user-centric tech that makes things easier to accomplish, or more secure in some way. Being able to defer staking privileges from one wallet to another to earn additional interest from the security of a web-based cold-storage crypto wallet is just one of many to come. We are expanding our already excellent team in the near future to accelerate development. 2018 will see DNotes begin to rapidly scale, in line with the messaging we have espoused from day one that in order to succeed in this business, you need to take your time and do things the right way.

TimMarsh

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 04:08:11 AM

The real problem these days is that the governments want to help everybody get a tertiary education, which depletes the point in the 'elites' getting degrees in the first place (to signal competence to potential employers). It then means that elites need to spend additional time getting masters degrees to signal they are more competent than those less able, which means an additional 2 years of lost income, and fees paid to the academic institutions. And now everybody is graduating with ~50k of student debt that they are going to struggle to pay off.

Yes, signalling the people who have unique and strong skill sets is getting harder. But with current off-the-shelf technology, it should be getting easier. I have a vision for how universities should be, but unfortunately, I don't like it because of the big hole it leaves in our system.

Before information could be recorded and reproduced easily and accurately, before the printing press, education was very hands-on and apprenticeships were used to introduce new skills to a family. Then with printed books, lecturers stood in front of an audience and delivered information. Now that information can be reproduced and shared virtually for free, online courses can deliver the information at almost no cost. I believe that providing well structured information, and exercises to give it practical meaning, is sufficient to transfer skills. But I recognise that a skilled mentor, and learner collaboration, accelerate this process. And as you have indicated, personal research and reading of material that is related to but supplementary also deepens and broadens the skill. So I see the delivery of information transitioning to online, including online mentoring and group collaboration. I don't see any requirement for the delivery of information to come from a single source, or institution.

But a qualification comes in two parts.
One is the acquiring of the skills. The second part is the verification that the skills have been acquired. While online delivery has improved the transfer of information. The Internet has seriously undermined the verification process. On Upwork, a platform that connects freelancers to clients, I frequently get invited to do tasks which are clearly student assignments. I have a standard text about personalised plagarism for pasting into my response. Even completing online tests is being regularly outsourced. This is a serious problem, but the solution is a great opportunity.

I would like to see an independent commercial body established that certifies businesses running "invigilated rooms" where computers are provided, identity is verified, and behaviour is monitored. Students anywhere in the world could go to a certified invigilated room, and work on their assignments or complete assessment tasks. This functionality would then enable the delivery of information to be segregated from the verification of a skill set. Someone who has years of experience running their own travel agency, could pay for assessment of their business and travel skills, and receive a legitimate qualification in business and travel. If they fail a unit, they could go to whatever information delivery format that suited them, gain the skill, and re-sit the unit.

The system described above would enable education to be almost free, and the cost of verifying the acquired skill set to be competitive and affordable. The downside is that our society also relies heavily on universities to conduct research and further the body of human knowledge. Currently this process is partially funded by student fees and government subsidies. It is also partially funded by commercial interests. Shifting to my proposed model would push research activities into a fully commercial model. This is a problem because knowledge about what is profitable is frequently different to knowledge about what is beneficial and socially constructive.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
mmmmyah

Activity: 157

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:20:59 AM

Has Dnotes2.0 been released and what are the enhancements you foresee in the next 3.0 release?
TeeGee

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:33:26 AM

Has Dnotes2.0 been released and what are the enhancements you foresee in the next 3.0 release?

Hi mmmmyah, thanks for dropping by.

DNotes 2.0 has not been released yet, we are doing additional C# conversion to the code than we previously thought was needed. We are hoping to release as soon as possible, before the end of this year. There will be numerous modular upgrades in the works as part of our 2.0 upgrade to come in 2018 as part of our platform to allow tokenized assets to be deployed on the DNotes blockchain. We have a roadmap on the first page of this thread here that you can view:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0

You can review our progress of the 2.0 upgrade at our our Github here:

https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes-2.0

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 01:45:08 PM

Hi mmmmyah, thanks for dropping by.

DNotes 2.0 has not been released yet, we are doing additional C# conversion to the code than we previously thought was needed. We are hoping to release as soon as possible, before the end of this year. There will be numerous modular upgrades in the works as part of our 2.0 upgrade to come in 2018 as part of our platform to allow tokenized assets to be deployed on the DNotes blockchain. We have a roadmap on the first page of this thread here that you can view:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0

You can review our progress of the 2.0 upgrade at our our Github here:

https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes-2.0

Welcome mmmmyah to the DNotes forum! Our roadmap outlines the general direction we are headed in the 2018 & Beyond section. From the technology standpoint we will continue to develop sensible upgrades that support DNotes as a currency, expand on our blockchain's capabilities and usability, and upgrades that best support the needs of users. Please feel free to ask any questions.

R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 01:51:04 PM

Bittrex seems to have imploded. Does anyone have any real intel on what's going on over there?

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:26:12 PM

Bittrex seems to have imploded. Does anyone have any real intel on what's going on over there?

Bitcoin, Altcoin Exchange Bittrex Eyed With Suspicion Due to Thousands of Mysterious Account Closings

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-altcoin-exchange-bittrex-eyed-with-suspicion-due-to-thousands-of-mysterious-account-closings

I got this same message when logging into my Bittrex account... Looks like another one bites the dust...
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 03:42:34 PM

Bitcoin, Altcoin Exchange Bittrex Eyed With Suspicion Due to Thousands of Mysterious Account Closings

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-altcoin-exchange-bittrex-eyed-with-suspicion-due-to-thousands-of-mysterious-account-closings

I got this same message when logging into my Bittrex account... Looks like another one bites the dust...

Yep, the only thing I came across was the article Brandon mentioned. Are you not able to get into your account either?

DCEBrief

Merit: 102

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:50:17 PM

Bernanke: Bitcoin Won’t Replace Fiat Currency

https://dcebrief.com/bernanke-bitcoin-wont-replace-fiat-currency/
Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:03:20 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2017, 06:53:13 PM by Brandon Cheliak

Yep, the only thing I came across was the article Brandon mentioned. Are you not able to get into your account either?

To regain access to your Bittrex account they are asking for personal information to verify your identity, which I wasn't comfortable sharing with them. Seeing as how I had next to no cryptocurrency stored on there, it just wasn't worthwhile.
teko85

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 07:14:15 PM

No iam just wondering why they closing account without any reasson...
Very scary whats next...
R-J-F

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:28:05 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2017, 11:40:03 PM by R-J-F

Very scary whats next...

This is the latest and, the only, statement I can find from Bittrex:

https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002187632-Statement-on-disabled-accounts

"Statement on disabled accounts:

Ryan
Today at 12:28

We would like to address recent reports regarding Bittrex account suspensions.

We occasionally conduct compliance reviews and are working vigilantly to protect our service and our users from harm. As part of a compliance review, we have temporarily suspended certain accounts pending the completion of the review. The total number of suspended, closed, or banned accounts is very limited: less than 0.1% of the total accounts on Bittrex.  More than 99.9% of Bittrex accounts are unaffected.

Any reports that Bittrex miscalculated or misapplied its exchange fees, that there is a security problem with the exchange, that Bittrex lost any coins stored on users’ behalf, or that Bittrex is banning people trying to access Slack to discuss the status of their accounts are incorrect.  We are committed to making Bittrex a strong, safe, and compliant exchange where people can securely participate in the digital currency economy.  We ask for patience from our highly valued customers.  As for us, we plan to “keep calm, and carry on.”

So that's it huh? That's the explanation? Not enough, not at all. They could have avoided all this grief and nonsense by simply alerting us first or, at the very least, putting up a banner on the home page. Does no one consider the consequences of their actions any more? What if someone, on the edge, thought they had lost all their money and jumped out a window? This is no way to conduct business in this day and age. They should take a long hard look at themselves and make some changes in favor of the customers not the convenience of Bittrex. Communications and trust are needed for success. I see neither here.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
R-J-F

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:36:59 PM

Bernanke: Bitcoin Won’t Replace Fiat Currency

https://dcebrief.com/bernanke-bitcoin-wont-replace-fiat-currency/

Maybe not but, it will replace people like Bernanke. I wonder if he realizes that?

TimMarsh

Activity: 187

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 03:54:45 AM

To regain access to your Bittrex account they are asking for personal information to verify your identity, which I wasn't comfortable sharing with them. Seeing as how I had next to no cryptocurrency stored on there, it just wasn't worthwhile.

This seems odd, Brandon. I can understand them asking for more information that they don't currently have so that they can comply with some new regulation and avoid being shut down in some location. But new information is not a reliable way of verifying identity.

I leave a parcel with the gate keeper, and ask him to pass it on to Bob, when he comes to collect it. The gatekeeper has never met Bob. When a man turns up and says to that gatekeeper, "I'm Bob, here to pick up a parcel." The gatekeeper answers, I have to be sure you're the real Bob. What's your last name?" Bob says, "Sure, my last name is Jones." The gatekeeper nods. "That'll do, sounds good enough for me. Here's your parcel." Security doesn't work like that.

The security information must be given to the organisation first, before the organisation can use it to verify identity. Imagine logging into a website after a long absence and getting a message, "We've used our AI algorithms to crawl the web and discover your favourite food. Type your favourite food into this box to unlock your account."

I'm agreeing with R-J-F on this incident:
So that's it huh? That's the explanation? Not enough, not at all. They could have avoided all this grief and nonsense by simply alerting us first or, at the very least, putting up a banner on the home page. Does no one consider the consequences of their actions any more? What if someone, on the edge, thought they had lost all their money and jumped out a window? This is no way to conduct business in this day and age. They should take a long hard look at themselves and make some changes in favor of the customers not the convenience of Bittrex. Communications and trust are needed for success. I see neither here.

And I'd like to take this moment to compare Bittrex behaviour to what I've experienced from DNotes Global Inc. DNotes plan what they are doing and share their plans in a timely manner, with clarity. Then if the plan is changed, they provide updates. For major changes they establish a mailing list for people to be kept up to date with. And then they actively monitor their forum and respond directly until the user has no more questions. All of this comes from a single motivation. They believe that "Doing the right thing at the right time" is key to being successful. And they clearly stand by and live their ethics.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
TeeGee

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:14:12 AM

Very scary whats next...

https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002187632-Statement-on-disabled-accounts

Ryan

We occasionally conduct compliance reviews and are working vigilantly to protect our service and our users from harm. As part of a compliance review, we have temporarily suspended certain accounts pending the completion of the review. The total number of suspended, closed, or banned accounts is very limited: less than 0.1% of the total accounts on Bittrex.  More than 99.9% of Bittrex accounts are unaffected.

Any reports that Bittrex miscalculated or misapplied its exchange fees, that there is a security problem with the exchange, that Bittrex lost any coins stored on users’ behalf, or that Bittrex is banning people trying to access Slack to discuss the status of their accounts are incorrect.  We are committed to making Bittrex a strong, safe, and compliant exchange where people can securely participate in the digital currency economy.  We ask for patience from our highly valued customers.  As for us, we plan to “keep calm, and carry on.”

I have a friend in New Zealand who is also locked out of his account. Though he also said he needs to verify his account. Still makes me unsure about their 0.1% affected figure.

R-J-F

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:32:33 PM

Very scary whats next...

Ryan

I have a friend in New Zealand who is also locked out of his account. Though he also said he needs to verify his account. Still makes me unsure about their 0.1% affected figure.

Seems they may have placed the "1" on the wrong side of the decimal...  Grin

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:27:08 PM

Very scary whats next...

Ryan

Seems they may have placed the "1" on the wrong side of the decimal...  Grin

In addition to my MBA, I am grateful to have an under graduate degree in Behavioral Science. It has been extremely helpful for me to understand people and work with them – most of the time. One of my most important observations is that people are consistent in their behavior. If a kid would steal from grandma, that kid would most likely steal from anyone. Keep this in mind as an important guiding principle; it clearly applies to many human interactions.

Bittrex stated that, “The total number of suspended, closed, or banned accounts is very limited: less than 0.1% of the total accounts on Bittrex.  More than 99.9% of Bittrex accounts are unaffected.” I have two problems with this statement: The 99.9% accounts are unaffected may be a stretch and that not doing the right thing to take care of the 0.1% of the customers is a negligence in critical customer services.  With consistency – both are troubling. Thanks to RJF, as he said it best:

“So that's it huh? That's the explanation? Not enough, not at all. They could have avoided all this grief and nonsense by simply alerting us first or, at the very least, putting up a banner on the home page. Does no one consider the consequences of their actions anymore? What if someone, on the edge, thought they had lost all their money and jumped out a window? This is no way to conduct business in this day and age. They should take a long hard look at themselves and make some changes in favor of the customers not the convenience of Bittrex. Communications and trust are needed for success. I see neither here.”
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:41:50 PM

Since we are on the subject on the importance of great customers services and exchange, below is a direct quote from our OP Roadmap for 2018 and beyond:

“Full service centralized exchange where DNotes, Bitcoin, and a selection of other digital currencies and fiat currencies will be traded.” https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0

2018 will be a very exciting year for DNotes. After launching DNotes 2.0, we will continue its development with an expanded team of developers – potentially a large team. Among various other projects, including blockchain related projects, we will start working on our full service centralized exchange with a commitment to be equal to our competitors and ultimately be superior.

At a minimum, we will be superior in customer services and the protection of their assets right off the gate. We are prepared to spend up to two fully years to do things right. Like some of you, I have had my share of frustration and disappointment and sustained heavy losses because of miss-managed and collapsed exchanges like Crypto Rush, Mint Pal, and Crypsy. All those lessons learned will help us build a better exchange.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 04:28:43 PM

Since we are on the subject on the importance of great customers services and exchange, below is a direct quote from our OP Roadmap for 2018 and beyond:

“Full service centralized exchange where DNotes, Bitcoin, and a selection of other digital currencies and fiat currencies will be traded.” https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0

2018 will be a very exciting year for DNotes. After launching DNotes 2.0, we will continue its development with an expanded team of developers – potentially a large team. Among various other projects, including blockchain related projects, we will start working on our full service centralized exchange with a commitment to be equal to our competitors and ultimately be superior.

At a minimum, we will be superior in customer services and the protection of their assets right off the gate. We are prepared to spend up to two fully years to do things right. Like some of you, I have had my share of frustration and disappointment and sustained heavy losses because of miss-managed and collapsed exchanges like Crypto Rush, Mint Pal, and Crypsy. All those lessons learned will help us build a better exchange.

Agreed, these problems have resulted in issues for the entire industry and may create a lack of general trust and turn people away from cryptocurrency. This is where a DNotes created exchange can excel, doing the right things at the right time. The exchange we feel is critical to the future of DNotes and an important profit generating entity that will ultimately benefit DNotes stake holders as well, as a part of DNotes Global Inc.

Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: