Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:06:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Liquid Synergy Designs Inc. -ASIC mining hardware  (Read 423215 times)
Rakessh

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 07:14:22 PM

Yes morris14ccm, Plug it in to the PSU and USB to Computer. Download CGMiner 3.7.0 and run it.
running 360MHz stable  Grin

Adding slub to the end of cmdline.txt has my pi back up and running like it's old self again.  It's been hashing away without any problems for the last hour or so.  I started playing around with the clock settings and 360mhz was the highest value that my K16's would actually hash at.  What is weird is that at 360mhz they only hash at about half speed.  I get around 2.5 to 2.8 gigahashes at 360mhz.  The highest I can go on mine and still have full speed is 352mhz.  If I change it to 353mhz the hash rate drops dramatically.

Chad

Since the board uses two groups of 8 chips, and each group has it's own regulator, it is possible that regulator on one side (for one group) cant keep up with the other one - so one side is without power when clocked that high and another one is hashing. That would explain why you get half of the hashrate at higher clocks.

Possible to latch the output of the two regulators together in this case as a work around?

For those who have hot air gun and a fat wire to do it with :-P

-
cardcomm

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 09:32:41 PM

I just hope to god SB tax declared it as valueless, or very low value, similar to the refund value or something... (ie paperweight of educational value only) or I have to pay another 200 bucks in VAT on import... that's gonna suck balls... I may consider just refusing to collect the shipment and let it return to Steamboat if that is the case...

It arrives tomorrow, so we'll see...

Yep, I got fucked.  245 USD in value added tax.  I'm not going to collect, so SB probably have to fork out return postage when the miners arrive back in Miami.

Sweet... I paid close to 1500 USD and got nothing to show for.

Steamboat, your goods deprecated close to 90% in value between payment and shipping the miners, why didn't the tax/export form reflect this... I can't take delivery of the miners now. Sorry.

Too bad communication with SB seems impossible. I'm sure this could have been avoided on his end had he shown the current actual value.

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
TomKeddie

Activity: 176

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 09:40:58 PM

Possible to latch the output of the two regulators together in this case as a work around?

I wouldn't recommend this.  Bridging power supplies like this is a science.   In the end this board was a compromise, I think I suggested wire bridges to segment the power supply and headers for off board supplies but this was seen as too esoteric.   If anyone does a rev 2 design it would be smart to allow for up to 4 core power supplies.
zipiju

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 09:54:08 PM

Yes morris14ccm, Plug it in to the PSU and USB to Computer. Download CGMiner 3.7.0 and run it.

Adding slub to the end of cmdline.txt has my pi back up and running like it's old self again.  It's been hashing away without any problems for the last hour or so.  I started playing around with the clock settings and 360mhz was the highest value that my K16's would actually hash at.  What is weird is that at 360mhz they only hash at about half speed.  I get around 2.5 to 2.8 gigahashes at 360mhz.  The highest I can go on mine and still have full speed is 352mhz.  If I change it to 353mhz the hash rate drops dramatically.

Chad

Since the board uses two groups of 8 chips, and each group has it's own regulator, it is possible that regulator on one side (for one group) cant keep up with the other one - so one side is without power when clocked that high and another one is hashing. That would explain why you get half of the hashrate at higher clocks.

I would definitely not advise this, since both regulators can have a slightly different output voltages. And if one is dropping off, the other one would be near its limit too, because they are identical. Anyways, you probably wouldn't get past 375, which is a 400MH/s gain per board. I think that tinkering with it for this low speed gain and with current difficulty is not worth it, especially if it is working stable and without any major problems now.

Be sure to check out http://projectklondike.org/ site
1CKscJAxjdhbJjJPJ9AzL2dWTmB6oc49UE
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 10:12:04 PM

Is anyone sinking the chips or regulators on the back of the board with useful results?

Duetschpire

Activity: 368

bitify.com - Bitcoin Marketplace & Auction site

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 01:28:28 AM

So now that the issue is the project development itself, aren't we eligible for a refund?

We bought these miners on the basis that building the miner was an easy step which will be done the next day after delivery.. Well, this is not the case and I do demand a refund, this is the BIGGEST BS in history having to wait for something that's depreciating in value by the minute for that long because the provider isn't capable of building it.

I've had enough of all the "news" which bring no news to me, I don't get how a HW engineer can't pull this shit together, I wonder what he's getting paid for?

TomKeddie

Activity: 176

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:55:08 AM

We paid in BTC, not dollars. So we should actually get more back than we paid, in theory.

I would have to agree. In my opinion, because bitcoin in itself has interest, as it constantly rises, our assembly refunds rightfully must be returned to us in the form of which we payed, in bitcoins (in denomination of cost based on the time history for which we payed for them when they were worth $80-$120 ea. per BTC).

Because for a ridiculous example, I payed $560 for Assembly in bitcoins, of which at the time they were worth ~$112 ea., be it that I sent ~5BTC for assembly, if by happenstance in the future a bitcoin increased to an extreme value (which it possibly may) such as $5,000+, that is $25,000 that I could have simply sat on--significantly more than being returned $560 assembly refund based on USD such as, I would get only .112BTC back in this extreme example, when initially it was 5 BTC i sent over (44 times that!)

Prices were quoted in usd.  If btc had gone down in value you would be complaining and wanting your refunds in usd.   The constructive, useful, interesting posts in this thread and only just enough to keep people here.  I'm desperate for the refunds to be paid out so the whining will stop.
Rakessh

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 03:15:36 PM

Chad

I would definitely not advise this, since both regulators can have a slightly different output voltages. And if one is dropping off, the other one would be near its limit too, because they are identical. Anyways, you probably wouldn't get past 375, which is a 400MH/s gain per board. I think that tinkering with it for this low speed gain and with current difficulty is not worth it, especially if it is working stable and without any major problems now.

Good point.  How about adding an external 12Amp 1.2v 600Khz switching DC-DC regulator? I see them available on the net for around 8 bucks a pop.

-
Rakessh

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 03:19:25 PM

We paid in BTC, not dollars. So we should actually get more back than we paid, in theory.

I would have to agree. In my opinion, because bitcoin in itself has interest, as it constantly rises, our assembly refunds rightfully must be returned to us in the form of which we payed, in bitcoins (in denomination of cost based on the time history for which we payed for them when they were worth $80-$120 ea. per BTC).

Because for a ridiculous example, I payed $560 for Assembly in bitcoins, of which at the time they were worth ~$112 ea., be it that I sent ~5BTC for assembly, if by happenstance in the future a bitcoin increased to an extreme value (which it possibly may) such as $5,000+, that is $25,000 that I could have simply sat on--significantly more than being returned $560 assembly refund based on USD such as, I would get only .112BTC back in this extreme example, when initially it was 5 BTC i sent over (44 times that!)

Prices were quoted in usd.  If btc had gone down in value you would be complaining and wanting your refunds in usd.   The constructive, useful, interesting posts in this thread and only just enough to keep people here.  I'm desperate for the refunds to be paid out so the whining will stop.

Like you would get even a CENT back anyway? Yifu should be behind bars, he scammed the whole DIY community.

-
LiveJay

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 03:39:30 PM

With the power connector on the bottom of the K16 I have to lay the miners I have running on their side.  I'm thinking about building a custom shelf for them so I can route power out the bottom.  How is everyone else setting up their miners?  How are the hosted miners physically configured?  And is anyone successfully stacking their miners?  Any pictures?

Thanks,

-Jay 
rtt

Activity: 48

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:09:35 PM

This is bullshit!
I demanded my full refunds months ago, when the price of Bitcoin was nearly a third of what is it today.

So either pay up in BTC or using those rates.
yamancool63

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:29:47 PM

This is bullshit!
I demanded my full refunds months ago, when the price of Bitcoin was nearly a third of what is it today.

Look, it's not bullshit. Steamboat said that Assembly prices were $USD, payable in bitcoin. You paid a USD amount in bitcoin and asking for an equal number of bitcoin (much greater $USD value, which SB paid for components/assembly/shipping costs-these are all paid in USD) is unfair to Steamboat. You knew the risks; Steamboat is human, just like all of us, and doing his best. Patience is a virtue (I'm looking at you cardcomm) and this will be sorted out eventually. I'm not pleased with how things turned out either, but it's an unfortunate reality and we were all informed and took the risks involved.
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:19:08 PM

Prices were quoted in usd.  If btc had gone down in value you would be complaining and wanting your refunds in usd.   The constructive, useful, interesting posts in this thread and only just enough to keep people here.  I'm desperate for the refunds to be paid out so the whining will stop.

This is bullshit!

Look, it's not bullshit. Steamboat said that Assembly prices were $USD, payable in bitcoin. You paid a USD amount in bitcoin and asking for an equal number of bitcoin (much greater $USD value, which SB paid for components/assembly/shipping costs-these are all paid in USD) is unfair to Steamboat. You knew the risks; Steamboat is human, just like all of us, and doing his best. Patience is a virtue (I'm looking at you cardcomm) and this will be sorted out eventually. I'm not pleased with how things turned out either, but it's an unfortunate reality and we were all informed and took the risks involved.
Well, we did not paid assambly to the human called Steamboat in the first place, but to the registered US company. What risks? I have never accounted for risk in purchasing assambly, only to the chip GB operated indeed by human called Steamboat!
That two separate issues and company need to operate within the US laws. He need to refund us now, we are lossing in the price value while we waiting for money paid months ago!!!
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:30:31 PM

The "value" of your refund isn't changing, it's the same amount of US Dollars that it always has been.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:32:26 PM

The "value" of your refund isn't changing, it's the same amount of US Dollars that it always has been.

If that is addressed to me; I meant to say if we were refunded 25% refund of usd value but refunded in bitcoin months ago and kept it, we will had now more in $ value because btc rise.
So waiting for refunds while $ value is rising sucks!
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 06:11:10 PM

With the power connector on the bottom of the K16 I have to lay the miners I have running on their side.  I'm thinking about building a custom shelf for them so I can route power out the bottom.  How is everyone else setting up their miners?  How are the hosted miners physically configured?  And is anyone successfully stacking their miners?  Any pictures?

Thanks,

-Jay 

The boards appear to have mounting holes to accept a right-angle 6-pin PCIe power connector, but my boards at least came with regular connectors.

For mine, I just used extra standoffs to mount the boards far enough apart to stack them and still have room for the power cables to attach.  It does make for a tall stack.

I may try to replace the connectors someday.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 08:53:22 PM

No one is getting a refund denominated in BTC. This was clear since your order was purchased in USD.

cardcomm

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 09:36:42 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2013, 10:17:24 PM by cardcomm

Prices were quoted in usd.  If btc had gone down in value you would be complaining and wanting your refunds in usd.   The constructive, useful, interesting posts in this thread and only just enough to keep people here.  I'm desperate for the refunds to be paid out so the whining will stop.

This is bullshit!

yamancool63 - Are you now? How special for me. As I've stated before, I'm only being impatient because of the embarrassingly long time that elapses betweens each of Steamboats "updates", and the fact that so many unanswered questions remain after each one. If he'd been keeping us in the loop in a friendly manner like he did at first, I'd be patient as hell.

Instead, he started doing "business updates" with long delays between. I don't take well that, and I believe I have the right to say so. I'll shut up once I get my assembly refund.

TomKeddie - Sorry for cluttering up "your" thread with group buy business. I, too can't wait for my refund so I can abandon this thread forever. Meanwhile, perhaps the technical discussion fit better in the original Klondike development thread. Or you could just start you're own thread and keep it all pristine.

I'll continue to voice my opinion here as politely as I can manage. If my comments have insulted anyone's delicate sensibilities, I invite you to use the ignore feature.

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
nightengale

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 10:38:12 PM

I too am disappointed by the lack of timely assembly/testing/hosting refund processing.
Rakessh

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 11:02:43 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2013, 11:42:18 PM by Rakessh

So I got good news for Steamboat. I went and collected the miners even if it takes a year to make back the VAT I had to fork out.

Anyway, back home I opened the miners and discovered a bit upseting thing, namely that two of the 5 miners had thermal goo coming out of thru holes or vias all over the PCB. These two units weren't
packaged in the pink styrofoam (pink styrofoam == non static generating) but regular white packing styro... this styro can make several Kilovolts during transportation... not good. (It may be antistatic too, but I've never seen it in white colour)

So now I got 3 miners hashing away (soon... setting up software) and 2 miners I don't dare plug into any electricals until I figure out if they'll even work... with all the goo mess and static discharges they may have been victim to.

What you guys think?

-
Pages: « 1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: