Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:36:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Liquid Synergy Designs Inc. -ASIC mining hardware  (Read 423209 times)
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 10:37:37 PM

Hey Guys, I'm having trouble getting my K16s to even start up. I'm using a standard ATX PSU (Corsair CX430) it should be a case of plugging it in and getting it running shouldn't it? Am I missing something really obvious here?

I find it hard to believe that everyone of my miners doesn't work, so I must be setting up my PSU wrong, which I didn't think was even possible.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
RogueLeader

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 10:47:07 PM

Cycling the power and reconnecting the fans as well as doing all this after restarting cgminer doesn't work for me.

I have 7 on a machine, maybe there is a driver limit to how many I can connect?  I'm going to try and just plug up the ones that have 100% hardware errors...

I have 12 on a machine, so no.  It's more than a simple power cycle.  It's a waiting period.  I have no idea if it is temperature-related or not, but anecdotally, I once placed one of my "stuck" miners in the freezer for a few minutes and it worked afterward.

Hey Guys, I'm having trouble getting my K16s to even start up. I'm using a standard ATX PSU (Corsair CX430) it should be a case of plugging it in and getting it running shouldn't it? Am I missing something really obvious here?

I find it hard to believe that everyone of my miners doesn't work, so I must be setting up my PSU wrong, which I didn't think was even possible.

Yes, when power is supplied to the units you should see the green LED light.  It might sound like a dumb question, but are you sure your PSU is *on*?  Fan spinning, etc.?  Many ATX PSUs need to be jumped if their 20/24 pin connector is being unused.  See http://www.overclock.net/t/96712/how-to-jump-start-a-power-supply-psu-test-a-power-supply-and-components
cardcomm

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 12:06:50 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is what I've gathered from following this thread regarding the assembly / parts / shipping refunds.

Before avalon delayed their chip orders (by selling them to the Chinese instead of those who paid for them, the difficulty increase supports this theory) and crushed any potential of profits for us, steamboat was busy organizing parts in advance so that there would be minimal down time between receiving the chips and getting the miners out the door and on their way.

So all of those who didn't opt for a refund and got their k16's would have had them assembled using this stock pile of parts.

What we need to know is how many parts were prepaid in advance, how many have been used to create the shipped k16's and what is the difference, if stock has run out that's good news for those of us who have opted for a refund as the paid btc would not have been cashed in and should still remain.

So what is the best course of action from here?

I and everyone else in this group buy would like to see the numbers:

How many parts were purchased / stockpiled in anticipation of the avalon chips arriving?
How many k16's have been assembled and shipped using these parts?
Was assembly prepaid? If so, how many units were prepaid for assembly and how many have been shipped?

Whatever the remaining balance should be divided up amongst all of those who opted for a chip refund and also paid for parts / assembly / hosting / shipping.

+1

Good luck with getting that kind of transparency though. I fully expect SB et al priorities are on covering their costs and clawing out a small amount of profit for themselves. Screw the people that wanted refunds and ended up with miners. At least that's my conclusion.

I have no problem with covering their costs, and I wouldn't have minded taking a hit for all the guys that helped make this possible, until I was cut off from getting a refund. It's probably too much to expect getting anything back from this outside of what has been stated. SB could have repeatedly salvaged this, but has made some strange and downright bad decisions.

I'd love to be pleasantly surprised though.

I don't think we're gonna get anywhere near that level of transparency out of Steam Boat! We're lucky if he posts ANYTHING, much less any kind of real detail. Although I do agree that if he's still planning on keeping 75% of our funds, he's gonna need to get started justifying it, especially considering the jump in BTC prices.

BTW, With the BTC price jump, has anyone considered how much USD profit he's had the potential to make just on our assembly charges alone? Something to think about...

Speaking of profit, why is it that we ALL stand to lose money in this risky "investment", with the possible exception of Steam Boat? We all have our respective level of risk in this investment. For me, it's relatively small, so my potential gain was small.

But Steamboat's potential gain was HUGE. He didn't do this as a charity, folks. He made a business out of it. So then why are so many people on this thread so concerned about SB "making money", or "getting his costs covered" by our assembly funds? He took his risks like the rest of us, yet he's run this group buy like his only concern is mitigating his own risk.

And you know what? That would have been ok with me. Honestly. If he'd just been up front and communicated, I'd happily walk away from my assembly funds and blamed it all on Yifuk. (I'm ignoring for now the questionable decisions he made regarding dawdling around before requesting the chip refunds.)

But no! He had to get all business like, stop doing regular updates, and then post "lawyer like" updates way too infrequently.

The single ONE thing that has made this fiasco so bad is Steamboat's complete lack of respect for this community as shown by lack of any real communication. And I'm plenty pissed about it. Not to mention surprised and disappointed.

RESPECT. They even wrote a song about it. I'd like some about now, in the form of an update on assembly refunds Smiley

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
Rakessh

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 12:31:01 AM

Find the green wire on the 24pin ATX connector and use a paperclip (bare metal) and connect it to the black wire next to it to turn on your PSU.

Also, I found that 5 Klondike16's won't draw enough power at idle to make some powersupplies stay on (All non-haswell compatible PSU's for example) so adding a small load like hooking up an old harddrive to the PSU makes it stay on. Just thought I'd mention it if anybody has troubles with and old psu.

Cheers

-
Rakessh

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 12:37:40 AM

Anyone know if it's possible to adjust the voltage output of the buck regs? Was it program controlled from firmware or set by resistors on the PCB?

Any way to 'influence' it easily? like changing it by drawing with a graphite pencil on one of the resistors or some such to change resistance?

Might even be willing to change out the resistors if I could get the volt up just a tiny amount.

-
ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 12:51:23 AM

Find the green wire on the 24pin ATX connector and use a paperclip (bare metal) and connect it to the black wire next to it to turn on your PSU.

Also, I found that 5 Klondike16's won't draw enough power at idle to make some powersupplies stay on (All non-haswell compatible PSU's for example) so adding a small load like hooking up an old harddrive to the PSU makes it stay on. Just thought I'd mention it if anybody has troubles with and old psu.

Cheers

Hook up 2 or 3 of them with a molex connector, so the fan is on, and then put a couple of more fans on the power supply. Power supplies need a minimum load to stay on.
Rakessh

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 03:26:38 AM

Cheers

Hook up 2 or 3 of them with a molex connector, so the fan is on, and then put a couple of more fans on the power supply. Power supplies need a minimum load to stay on.

Some power supplies need a bigger load than others. Haswell compliant ones barely need more than a few milliAmps (next to nothing) while older ones might need upwards of half an ampere load to stay on. I have an older OCZ 600W PSU that refused to stay on even while getting all 5 fans loaded on it, so had to connect an old harddrive to get it to go PowerGood Wink

-
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 09:41:13 AM

Thank you all guys, that makes perfect sense. I just cracked out an old drive so I'll get to that tonight. Lovely tech guy at work sorted me out with some molex connectors too!

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
sprint347

Activity: 193

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:52:54 AM

Just got the tracking # for my K16
ektwr

Activity: 130

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 12:19:54 PM

Hi. I 've got my 18 chips and i want to ask if there are any KITS available, inlcuding pcb and all parts. I will do all the soldering job my self. I have BGA workstation available.
Because of dramaticaly increase bitcoin rate up to 300$, i regret not doing it earlier but due to health reasons i couldnt.

My cool bitcoin ASIC sites http://mining-bitcoins.co and http://mineasics.com and http://litecoinx.gr
My tip pot: 11bwtjmaNBFX88MParnc7xPxSHmVxjaBJ
sprint347

Activity: 193

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 12:22:20 PM

I'm sure someone here would happily sell you their K16 hardware and assembly at a 'discounted' rate
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 02:08:54 PM

I'm sure someone here would happily sell you their K16 hardware and assembly at a 'discounted' rate

When I suggested the same thing to SB as I hadn't paid for assembly, I was told they didn't have time to reasign unused assembly.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
ionstorm

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 03:02:33 PM

Cheers

thanks for pointing this out for others had to do this myself, freaked out after I plugged in a few F16's and they didnt power up, decided to plug in a dvd-rom to a molex and it powered right up, I switched PSU's to a Silverstone with 4xPCIE and dont have the issue now, I too am using the paperclip method, using a Chromebook CR-48 running archlinux to power 8 K16's
bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 05:55:02 PM

Hi. I 've got my 18 chips and i want to ask if there are any KITS available, inlcuding pcb and all parts. I will do all the soldering job my self. I have BGA workstation available.
Because of dramaticaly increase bitcoin rate up to 300$, i regret not doing it earlier but due to health reasons i couldnt.

I have nearly all parts available minus PCBs. I can make kits if anyone needs.
thejestre

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:18:13 PM

So are these things shipping yet?  I'm kind of anxious that I haven't received mine yet because this process took so long I now live at a different address than when I started.  Should I be worried I haven't received them yet?
cardcomm

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:03:09 PM

When I suggested the same thing to SB as I hadn't paid for assembly, I was told they didn't have time to reasign unused assembly.

SteamBoat doesn't seem to have time for anything but protecting his bottom line.

BTW, I still see people saying their miners just shipped. Steamboat, what happened to the promise of "3 days for assembly of an entire batch worth of chips"? By that math all the miners should have been assembled in the first 6 days. (if anyone is still waiting for the USB boot loader, stop now. It's not coming.)

Has ANYONE gotten notification yet that their miners are hashing in the hosting center? Have you considered the very high likelihood that Steamboat is already hashing for himself with your units? And if he isn't, where ARE the units?

Also, what about the > 300% profit SB has taken on our shipping fees so far? Personally, I'd like to get AT LEAST my shipping back, like NOW. In BTC, since there is no reason whatsoever for SB to have converted that to Fiat.

WTF SB? Talk to us for crying out loud! You aren't THAT damn busy, and if you are, you shouldn't have committed to that group buy.

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 07:10:08 PM

There is no good reason why this can't happen.

alfabitcoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:18:55 PM

Hear hear, cardcomm!
I am frustrated as hell. I paid 75$ for intl express shipping!
And you all forgeting that SB had sample chips and knew klondike does not work long time ago, but choosed to keep us in the dark! That was cruital information and saying nothing is cheating in my book! Yifu failed but refunded in btc what were originaly paid, what is your excuse!?
Not to mention all of BS he stated why he can not refund more then petty 25% of assambly cost. And why we who haven't purchased your costly heatsink now need to suffer and cover heatsink shipping expenses to those who purchased and cant get higher refund percentage. Also how much you have paid to BKK? Remember, you are paying with our money, not yours and need to be responsable and man of intregrity.
Do not pass all the risk on us!!!
How naive you think we are?
Keefe

Activity: 681
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:35:17 PM

So are these things shipping yet?  I'm kind of anxious that I haven't received mine yet because this process took so long I now live at a different address than when I started.  Should I be worried I haven't received them yet?

Did you request your units be shipped without bootloader?

cardcomm

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 08:11:01 PM

Did you request your units be shipped without bootloader?

Given the unlikelyhood of a USB boot loader being developed, It seems as though the process is kind of backwards. Seems like SB should tell folks he's shipping the miners as-is unless they insist on waiting.

Just in case anyone out there is still confused about if they should wait for a boot loader - my personal opinion is that it's impossible to fit the bootloader AND the firmware code in the limited PIC16 memory. If you are waiting for a USB bootloader to have your miners shipped, don't. Get them ASAP.

NOTE: as soon as i say "impossible", someone will do it. lol. Lets just say getting all the code to fit in 16k memory is VERY unlikely. As with certain other components in the K16 design, the choice of that specific component (PIC16) may have been ill-advised.

Pages: « 1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: