Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:23:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminality and Bitcoin  (Read 31296 times)
odakorlina

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:14:44 AM

I won’t believe that bitcoin is used by criminals. However, we cannot avoid these situations because there are always things such as good and bad, right and wrong. It is only unfortunate that people have chosen to use it the wrong way. They use this technology to transfer money untraceable, we can't stop criminal from doing illegal way and any technologies could used by them. All criminal activities has been in existence and on the high level before the introduction of Bitcoin.
renggileh

Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:52:19 PM

I do not think that many criminal schemes go through bitcoins. It's also possible to calculate if the case is seriously taken by the police, I think it's just that sometimes they can take instead of the usual money.
Bounty_Hunter

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:08:23 PM

In fact, criminals don't use bitcoin to pay. They use fiat or monero for this.
tiktak89

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:29:58 PM

I think this statement is just meant to trigger a negative around bitcoin. Criminals use all currencies, not just bitcoin, and cryptocurrency development will not increase the number of criminals.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Gdra467

Activity: 137

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 10:36:00 PM

How can bitcoin be considered as a crime? Bitcoin is an online business just as any other online businesses
clarkey2013

Activity: 310

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:44:42 PM

Bitcoin is a decentralized cryptocurrency which has the ability to hide the identity of the sender and reciever that makes untraceable for every transactions. Which is a very big help for those criminals to hide their identity for any illegal transactions they do. So, it's all obvious that bitcoin can truly increased the criminality by just using it for making an untraceable transactions.
19nataliya12

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:45:52 PM

Recently, someone managed to crank the largest in the history of the theft of bitcoins, a virtual currency, which can be called an analog of "cash" on the Internet. The Sheep Marketplace - the illicit drug market as well as the Bitcoin Exchange Mt.Gox - has been looted. This could be done by hackers or someone who had access from the inside, but somehow, as a result of these actions, customers of Sheep Marketplace and Mt.Gox lost bitcoins worth 800 million dollars.

The cases of theft of bitcoins are no longer something special. In June 2011, a user with the nickname Allinvain was the victim of probably the very first major theft from all previously recorded. "I want to kill myself," he wrote then.

Since then, dozens more of these thefts have happened. A Bitcoin Savings & Trust, which was a highly profitable investment fund, in fact turned out to be a pyramid. His owner was accused of stealing the bitcoins of his clients for $ 4.5 million. Service MyBitcoin, the analogue of the bank, which provides the services of the "electronic purse" disappeared without a trace with bitcoins worth $ 1 million. A whole group of well-known and trusted bitcoins of companies, including such exchanges as Mt. Gox and the no longer existing Bitcoinica also underwent a robbery that caused a wide response.

Victims of bank card theft can block it or cancel transactions that the fraudster did with it, However, bitcoin attracts thieves to itself, and it happens precisely because transactions in its system can not be canceled. "The bitcoin is like cash," says Nicholas Christine, an associate professor at Carnegie Mellon University, which is engaged in extensive research on crypto currency. "And the only way to get this cash back is to find a thief in the real world and just beat him up."
bitvelk

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:52:35 PM

I met information in the article, which stated that the percentage of all transactions with bitcoins, crime accounts for about 5 percent. That's a small number.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
turagsoy123456

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:30:57 PM

all currency is  succeptible to crime.. just gotta keep your eyes peeled for crypto scammers.. I learned the hard way by getting into cloud mining  XD

Just my ipinion guy's,  I don't think so bitcoin is the main reason why the crime statistics blooms because of bitcoin. Crime is always their anytime and anywhere.Because of human cruelty like terrorism in order for them to become famous world wide the kill people without a valid reason. They want all people will be afraid of them that why they make some troubles like bombing. This group of people is very in humanity they are the savages.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Paopao

Activity: 110

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:33:44 AM

I still remember the first time I heard bitcoin was money used for drug transactions, I've also seen movies that use bitcoin for drug deals, and I've never seen a movie that uses bitcoin in addition to illegal transactions. Anyone who sees a movie must think that bitcoin is so close to crime. But that assumption is only for people new to bitcoin, if we dig deeper into the many benefits of using.
dipok07

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 09:43:53 AM

Bitcoin is the online currency. People use it for many needs. It may also be used in the criminal world. Bitcoin is increasing day by day as it is easier to exchange.

CRYPTAL DASH ❍ ❍ ❍ Exchange is LIVE, we're giving away4,7m$ in   trading credits
███████ Twitter   |   Facebook   |   Blog   |   Website   |   Whitepaper  ████████
███████   Telegram   |   Bounty Telegram   |   ANN Thread   |   Bounty Thread   ███████
Sapphire9

Activity: 298
Merit: 21

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:52:19 AM

Actually yes. Of course bitcoin doesn't encourage people to be criminal or increase its activity, but cryptocurrency gives more opportunities to manage money as bitcoin is anonymous

Desmo

Activity: 412

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:02:06 PM

the situation is such that the advantages that bitcoin is famous for simply play not in its favor, but in the hands of scammers who, using the anonymity and unprovability of their crimes, steal the crypt from their accounts and purses
Jake Virus

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:11:21 PM

the situation is such that the advantages that bitcoin is famous for simply play not in its favor, but in the hands of scammers who, using the anonymity and unprovability of their crimes, steal the crypt from their accounts and purses
Well we all know that bitcoin is open for everyone who wants to join, so i believe that it is really possible that bitcoin can used for bad purposes or in criminality, and we all know that it really easy to study how to use bitcoin so i believe that there are so many criminals that are using bitcoin too so my advice is always be aware for who we trust here in crypto world.

wilsonwilly1

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:35:33 AM

as a part of the real world BTC is not common. Like every new Alt Coin ANN is based on some old idea from the regular coin world, so also the scam and crimes also got to this world. Expect the worst I say. Where there is money, there is crime and where there is crime there is there is money..
Iyeman

Activity: 1183
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:39:15 AM

Anonymity and uprovability, well if that two things you mentioned is true, then FBI or any international organization that specialized in cybercrime can't reveal who's behind an address but hey they do. see silkroad, they got busted, same goes to many scammer.
Scammers who uses bitcoin to do cybercrime is definitely the stupid ones, their transaction will be saved forever in the blockchain, it's matter of time until they're revealed.

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
kinzey

Activity: 254

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 05:35:05 AM

https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/01/23/bitcoin-playing-an-increased-role-in-crime-europol-says/

Would you believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world. This is the issue that was being thrown by the EuroPol and the UK Metropolitan Police. According to them bitcoin has played a huge role on the increasing criminality in their area. They added that a huge number of cybercriminals were using bitcoins in their activities.

This just shows that as bitcoin develops both advantages and disadvantages will tag along.

For me it is not about increase in criminal activity but they have a means of transferring or laundering money easily. It is hard to trace cryptocurrencies so they are more free to do whatever they want.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
Trivelius

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 05:44:40 AM

Bitcoin is the online currency. People use it for many needs. It may also be used in the criminal world. Bitcoin is increasing day by day as it is easier to exchange.
Criminals are always present in every period and society, and the find their way at any coast to fulfill their intention, bitcoin may  helpful for them but in modern time the importance of bitcoin for fast transaction and making the world more closer to each other cannot be ignore, therefore the government responsibality is to control the criminal activities and make bitcoin free from them.

ARBITAO████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
ARBITAO - DECENTRALIZING ARBITRAGE               
T H E   N E W   W A Y   O F
A R B I T R A G E   T R A D I N G
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
         ▄
        ▄██▄
       ▄█████▄
      ▄███████▄
     ▄█████████▄
    █
███████████
  ▄███
███████████▄
 ▄████
████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▀██████████████████▀
 ▀███████
██████████▀
  ▀████
███████████
   ▀█
████████████▀
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
█████████████  ██▄
██             ████▄
██             ██ ▀██▄
██        ▄█▄  ████████
██       ▄███▄       
██      ▄█▀ ▀█▄      ██
██     ▄█▀▄██▀█▄     ██
██    ▄████▀  ▀█▄    ██
██   █████████████   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██                   ██
███████████████████████
❱❱❱ Download WHITEPAPER
FACEBOOK       TELEGRAM
────      TWITTER      ────
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
guojii

Activity: 115

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:15:50 AM

Is this a trap of thinking. Is Bitcoin-caused crime? Obviously not, but the culprit chose Bitcoin. Just like the people who sell drugs use money, is that money guilty?
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:35:08 AM

Nevertheless, although terrorists do not use bitcoins to finance their activities, and insidious businessmen like bitcoins prefer all offshore, it would be unfair to say that bitcoin is not connected with crime in any way. Numerous cases are known when the crypto currency was at the very center of criminal schemes
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: