Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:07:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed)  (Read 274742 times)
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 05:48:14 PM

Don't you think it's about time to change the title of the thread?
I don't think this "New" bot is being used very much to trade on MtGox.

Point taken Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
PGP Key(s): Pablo@Pablo-Lema.com: http://pastebin.com/V8Z4WxUE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mooncake

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:40:42 AM

Does this Stamp news have any impact on butterbot?
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 03:08:39 PM

Hi Smiley,
  No, not really. A similar restriction has been in place for trading through the API's for a long while now. The API's would not process trading for amounts that the manual exchange would have accepted on either BTC-E or Bitstamp, I presume to curve market manipulation bots. We still recommend starting your Butter-Bot with 30-35 USD to avoid these issues.

Please let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 06:06:46 PM

Just a quick update:

Butter-Cream is coming along great! We should start closed testing in the next few weeks and open Beta in late June.

We'll start posting some more info and screenshots as soon as we get some of the legal stuff out of the way.

Smiley

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
BenAnh

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:10:57 PM

Just a quick update:

Butter-Cream is coming along great! We should start closed testing in the next few weeks and open Beta in late June.

We'll start posting some more info and screenshots as soon as we get some of the legal stuff out of the way.

Smiley

Pablo.
Looking forward to this one;)
miless2111s

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 07:52:52 AM

Just a quick update:

Smiley

Pablo.
Really looking forwards to being able to trade other things than Bitcoin (no disloyalty but it will make the bot longer lived when bitcoin finally settles down to be a currency without the wild fluctuations).  Also looking forward to being able to use other strategies - having said that I'm a babe in the woods in that area so any primers which can be suggested to make the bot more useful to the untrained would be useful I think Smiley
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2014, 01:37:19 AM

Just a quick update:

Smiley

Pablo.
Really looking forwards to being able to trade other things than Bitcoin (no disloyalty but it will make the bot longer lived when bitcoin finally settles down to be a currency without the wild fluctuations).  Also looking forward to being able to use other strategies - having said that I'm a babe in the woods in that area so any primers which can be suggested to make the bot more useful to the untrained would be useful I think Smiley

Hey Smiley,
  I quite agree with you about adding altcoins; I would personally like to support at least the top 4.

About strategies, I also agree. We will create video seminars for the new bot because the interface has a lot more features and it will be easier for everyone for these to be explained. We will create the manuals form user feedback so I'm sure we can put together something useful. About having starter strategies, that's also part of the deal. We do want to differentiate the "Butter" brand however from the scammy "profit" bots out there. We like to look at Butter Bots as tools to generate profit and thus we try to make them as feature packed and flexible as possible which is different from what people out there who "guarantee" certain single automated systems systems (by lying to generate sales). A real trading bot is a tool that has to be modified and adjusted by the user to fit his risk profile and needs, starter strategies should be profitable but should also be only a starting point into something much larger.

I think I diverged a bit but I  hope that helps, please let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
miless2111s

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 09:11:39 AM

Just a quick update:

Smiley

Pablo.

Hey Smiley,
  I quite agree with you about adding altcoins; I would personally like to support at least the top 4.

About strategies, I also agree. We will create video seminars for the new bot because the interface has a lot more features and it will be easier for everyone for these to be explained. We will create the manuals form user feedback so I'm sure we can put together something useful. About having starter strategies, that's also part of the deal. We do want to differentiate the "Butter" brand however from the scammy "profit" bots out there. We like to look at Butter Bots as tools to generate profit and thus we try to make them as feature packed and flexible as possible which is different from what people out there who "guarantee" certain single automated systems systems (by lying to generate sales). A real trading bot is a tool that has to be modified and adjusted by the user to fit his risk profile and needs, starter strategies should be profitable but should also be only a starting point into something much larger.

I think I diverged a bit but I  hope that helps, please let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.

Do you see a way that it can support things like FOREX?

Miles
mooncake

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 02:22:45 AM

Hi Smiley,
  No, not really. A similar restriction has been in place for trading through the API's for a long while now. The API's would not process trading for amounts that the manual exchange would have accepted on either BTC-E or Bitstamp, I presume to curve market manipulation bots. We still recommend starting your Butter-Bot with 30-35 USD to avoid these issues.

Pablo.

@Pablo, I saw this message on ButterBot "Bitstamp error while buying BTC: "__all__: Minimum order size is $5". Please contact us about that.". Please advise.
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 03:20:53 PM

Just a quick update:

Smiley

Pablo.

Hey Smiley,

Pablo.

Do you see a way that it can support things like FOREX?

Miles

Hey Smiley,
   Sorry for the late answer, for some reason I didn't get the usual alert from the thread.

Yes, I think that forex and binaries are in the cards, assuming we can get some things in order on our end. But that would likely be something either very late this year to mid next year as a guesstimate: but we have already taken the first steps for those funtionalities to be available in the future.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 03:21:42 PM

Hi Smiley,

Pablo.

@Pablo, I saw this message on ButterBot "Bitstamp error while buying BTC: "__all__: Minimum order size is $5". Please contact us about that.". Please advise.

Hey Mooncake Smiley,
  Can you please tell me what version you are on? I'll get you sorted post haste after I have that info Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
mooncake

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 03:56:17 PM

Hi Smiley,

Pablo.

Hey Mooncake Smiley,
  Can you please tell me what version you are on? I'll get you sorted post haste after I have that info Smiley.

Pablo.

fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 05:18:06 PM

Hi Smiley,

Pablo.

Hey Mooncake Smiley,

Pablo.

Hey Smiley,
  I talked to the developer, this has to do with the way the orders are triggered by the bot on the API. We will adapt how this is handled in the next version but for now, feel free to ignore the warning it doesn't have an effect on your trading.

Apologies for any confusion Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
mooncake

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:02:23 AM

Hi Smiley,

Pablo.

Hey Mooncake Smiley,

Pablo.

Hey Smiley,
  I talked to the developer, this has to do with the way the orders are triggered by the bot on the API. We will adapt how this is handled in the next version but for now, feel free to ignore the warning it doesn't have an effect on your trading.

Pablo.

Actually, it does have an effect on trading. When trades are triggered, they do so multiple times. There is a large trade where most of the btc are bought/sold, followed by many small trades where the remaining btc are bought/sold. Due to the restriction from Stamp, these many small trades cannot be executed. Because ButterBot keeps on trying to execute them, emails are generated and sent. It gets pretty annoying to receive these numerous emails.
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 01:33:56 AM

Hi Smiley,

Pablo.

Hey Mooncake Smiley,

Pablo.

Hey Smiley,

Pablo.

Actually, it does have an effect on trading. When trades are triggered, they do so multiple times. There is a large trade where most of the btc are bought/sold, followed by many small trades where the remaining btc are bought/sold. Due to the restriction from Stamp, these many small trades cannot be executed. Because ButterBot keeps on trying to execute them, emails are generated and sent. It gets pretty annoying to receive these numerous emails.

Hmm, I find surprising you are getting multiple emails. The small transactions are just the way the API handles transactions, unlike the main exchange (when you trade manually) where orders are execucted at once, API trades are executed in steps for what I assume are "security" reasons to avoid API abuse.

Let me talk to the dev and see what we can do, can you please send me (pablo@butter-bot.com) the logs requested below?

1. Go into the "manage extensions" page.
2. Enable "developer" mode by checking the "developer" box in the upper tool bar.
3. Go to the extension and click on the "generated_background_page.html" link.
4. When the new window opens, choose the "console tab"
5. Copy and paste the info there to pastebin.com as close to the time of your issue as possible and send it to me.

And:

1. In the developer tools open the network tab. 
2. If it's empty, press F5 to reload the extension and wait a few minutes until there are some requests listed. 
3 Then right-click the list in the left pane and select
"Save as HAR with content".
Please scan the file and remove your API Key from the text and send it to us.
This will help us resolve your issue much more quickly. 

I am travelling tomorrow but I will get back to you on this Saturday at the latest, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
mooncake

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 02:54:02 AM

Hi Smiley,

Pablo.

Hey Mooncake Smiley,

Pablo.

Hey Smiley,

Pablo.

Hmm, I find surprising you are getting multiple emails. The small transactions are just the way the API handles transactions, unlike the main exchange (when you trade manually) where orders are execucted at once, API trades are executed in steps for what I assume are "security" reasons to avoid API abuse.

Let me talk to the dev and see what we can do, can you please send me (pablo@butter-bot.com) the logs requested below?

2. Enable "developer" mode by checking the "developer" box in the upper tool bar.
5. Copy and paste the info there to pastebin.com as close to the time of your issue as possible and send it to me.

And:

2. If it's empty, press F5 to reload the extension and wait a few minutes until there are some requests listed. 

I am travelling tomorrow but I will get back to you on this Saturday at the latest, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Pablo.

Sent.
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 07:53:05 PM

Hi Smiley,

Pablo.

Hey Mooncake Smiley,

Pablo.

Hey Smiley,

Pablo.

And:

Pablo.

Sent.

Just responded Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 09:55:26 PM

Shhhhhhh!

We have commenced super secret Alpha testing on Butter-X (formerly Butter-Cream) Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
BenAnh

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:55:43 AM

Shhhhhhh!

We have commenced super secret Alpha testing on Butter-X (formerly Butter-Cream) Smiley.

Pablo.
I'm in;)

Pablo, by the way I saw this the other day and it looks like the project is not going forward; however are you looking to get some of the features implemented to the new ones. I admit that some of the features are too cool to ignore https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=447727.0
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 04:51:00 PM

Thanks Ben, will definitely look it over Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 »
  Print  

Jump to: