Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:18:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed)  (Read 274742 times)
ShopemNL
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 08:04:20 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2014, 08:31:32 AM by ShopemNL

Lol i can't get this bot profitable @ BTC.. If i check last month.

Got it at 3% for last 7 days.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 04:05:44 PM

Hey Smiley,
  VERY bad idea to back test short periods of time (I.E. a week to a couple of months). The bot functions with a trend identifying algorithm (EMA) and trends become clearer over longer periods of time (we generally recommend back testing 6 months or more). The shorter the time period you back test the more likely you are to be trading on market noise, the algorithm works best when there is an accumulation of trading history to account for mean deviating markets (like the current crash) and let results more closely approach expected trading means (think: the law of large numbers).

Our next flagship release "Butter-Cream", will have multiple alternate strategies and allow you to build your own strategy (like High Frequency Trading) in case you are looking for shorter term results; we hope to have a beta of that in about 5 weeks that people can start to take a look at.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
PGP Key(s): Pablo@Pablo-Lema.com: http://pastebin.com/V8Z4WxUE
miless2111s

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:24:07 AM

Friends,
  I would like to remind all of you to please update to the latest version of Butter-Bot at Butter-Bot.com/download. All previous installs will expire on May 1, 2014. Please remember that upgrading is free of charge and grants you access to the newest features and the most up to date software Smiley.

I am here if anyone has any questions.

Pablo.
Sorry for the probably stupid question but how to do this?  I don't want to mess it up Smiley
Thanks
Miles

Hey Smiley,
   This applies only to those running pre version 3 bots. V3's upgrade automatically, the older ones you have to unfortunately delete, re-download the extension from butter-bot.com/download and set up again.

It pretty straight forward, let me know if you have any questions Smiley.

Pablo.
Now I just need to work out which version I have Smiley
Thanks
Miles
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 05:38:29 PM

Friends,
  I would like to remind all of you to please update to the latest version of Butter-Bot at Butter-Bot.com/download. All previous installs will expire on May 1, 2014. Please remember that upgrading is free of charge and grants you access to the newest features and the most up to date software Smiley.

Pablo.
Sorry for the probably stupid question but how to do this?  I don't want to mess it up Smiley
Thanks
Miles

Hey Smiley,
   This applies only to those running pre version 3 bots. V3's upgrade automatically, the older ones you have to unfortunately delete, re-download the extension from butter-bot.com/download and set up again.

Pablo.
Thanks
Miles

Enter the address below into your Chrome URL bar and you will see your version number next to your app on the extension page Smiley.

chrome://extensions/

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
miless2111s

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:15:38 PM

Friends,

Pablo.
Thanks
Miles

Hey Smiley,

Pablo.
Thanks
Miles

Enter the address below into your Chrome URL bar and you will see your version number next to your app on the extension page Smiley.

chrome://extensions/

Pablo.
Great - 3.0.3 Smiley  Thanks for that Smiley
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 04:42:44 AM

I am not responsible for what [if anything] you do wrong with these settings.

Need a discount? Get it right here:

https://www.butter-bot.com/?r=f5a17f5b
md3inaustin

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:18:13 PM

Hi,
  Thank you for this GREAT product, and especially the free trial option, great sign of faith in your product.  So far I would absolutely recommend this program to anyone for it's easy setup and ease of use.  with that in mind

I'm getting odd results from backtesting #'s and live trading vs. what I would expect.  What am I not understanding about how this bot is working vs. others?

Example: Most EMA bots I can set with the following and get an hourly small but successful BTC profit as long as there is some even minor volatility occurring:
Sell Over - 0.00001500
Buy Under - 0.00001500
Short EMA - 3
Long EMA - 20
Threshold 1 Buy - 0.0500
Threshold 1 Sell - 0.1000
Amount to Sell - 0.25 or 0.025

With these same settings on Butter Bot, or even adjusting the settings for every option in between - the back testing doesn't show a profit until I apply nearly the opposite settings I normally would, like the following.  In the example I did it over a 3 week period, but I set the dates back even 6 months and still showed the same increasing % in profits:
http://s28.postimg.org/r9lrc5t19/Butterbot_6short_2long_EMA_300per_profit_4_5.png

Of course if I apply this to live trading it doesn't have the same success, but it also doesn't start a terrible trailing loss either, only lost a couple $, it actually profited more than a couple times.  Curious what others recent experience was, bad, successful, unexpected?

Why is butter-bots back-testing showing these counter-intuitive settings as successful?  Alot of it has to do with how the trade fee is set.  Is the trade fee setting based on % or $?   I was pasting in the trade fee BTC-e was showing when I setup the same trade manually on their site.  That may have answered most of my question, but I'm still seeing some similar odd results when leaving the trade fee at default, 0.20.

Regards,
~ MD
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 06:42:35 PM

Hi,
  Thank you for this GREAT product, and especially the free trial option, great sign of faith in your product.  So far I would absolutely recommend this program to anyone for it's easy setup and ease of use.  with that in mind

I'm getting odd results from backtesting #'s and live trading vs. what I would expect.  What am I not understanding about how this bot is working vs. others?

Example: Most EMA bots I can set with the following and get an hourly small but successful BTC profit as long as there is some even minor volatility occurring:
Sell Over - 0.00001500
Buy Under - 0.00001500
Short EMA - 3
Long EMA - 20
Threshold 1 Buy - 0.0500

With these same settings on Butter Bot, or even adjusting the settings for every option in between - the back testing doesn't show a profit until I apply nearly the opposite settings I normally would, like the following.  In the example I did it over a 3 week period, but I set the dates back even 6 months and still showed the same increasing % in profits:

Of course if I apply this to live trading it doesn't have the same success, but it also doesn't start a terrible trailing loss either, only lost a couple $, it actually profited more than a couple times.  Curious what others recent experience was, bad, successful, unexpected?

Why is butter-bots back-testing showing these counter-intuitive settings as successful?  Alot of it has to do with how the trade fee is set.  Is the trade fee setting based on % or $?   I was pasting in the trade fee BTC-e was showing when I setup the same trade manually on their site.  That may have answered most of my question, but I'm still seeing some similar odd results when leaving the trade fee at default, 0.20.

Regards,
~ MD

Hi MD Smiley,
   I think that yes, the issue may have to do with back testing a no-fee environment vs. one with a fee (the fee is a percentage BTW); all exchanges currently charge a trading fee based on gross volume. I find what you are saying interesting though in terms of inverse results; I will be in touch with the strategy team and if they have any further feedback on this I will be sure to drop you a PM.

I am glad you are having a positive experience, I hope you can jump on board Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:58:08 AM

It will be interesting to see what the team says about the reverse EMA strategy.
ShopemNL
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 09:31:00 AM

Hi,

Sell Over - 0.00001500
Buy Under - 0.00001500
Short EMA - 3
Long EMA - 20
Threshold 1 Buy - 0.0500

Regards,
~ MD

If there was no trade fee it would be profitable... Unfortunly there is a trade fee so .

miless2111s

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:44:31 AM

it's all gone a bit quiet around here - has attention shifted to another thread and I didn't notice? Smiley

fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 06:53:58 PM

it's all gone a bit quiet around here - has attention shifted to another thread and I didn't notice? Smiley

Hey Smiley,
   Nope, still chugging along on this thread (though it's gotten quite thick); I've been focusing my attention on Butter-Cream and haven't had a chance to post recently. I will be prepping some stills from the new platform in a couple of weeks though and there should be some other "big" news coming as soon as we get some paperwork out of the way :=).

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
BenAnh

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 07:22:36 PM

Hey Smiley,
   Nope, still chugging along on this thread (though it's gotten quite thick); I've been focusing my attention on Butter-Cream and haven't had a chance to post recently. I will be prepping some stills from the new platform in a couple of weeks though and there should be some other "big" news coming as soon as we get some paperwork out of the way :=).

Pablo.
Go some stats to share like the profits with all people who are using the bot with the best winning strategy?
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 09:26:38 PM

Hey Smiley,

Pablo.
Go some stats to share like the profits with all people who are using the bot with the best winning strategy?

For Butter-Cream? Not yet, but it will be pretty transparent, you will be able to track your profit live very easily and people should be able to share strategies that work with others so it should all be there Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
mobile4ever

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 12:57:53 PM

Hi Pablo,

Will there be a limit to how many accounts that one person can buy with Butter-Cream?

fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 03:36:56 PM

Hi Pablo,

Will there be a limit to how many accounts that one person can buy with Butter-Cream?

Hey Smiley,
  You may only have one account associated per email address, but otherwise there will not be a limitation. If this becomes a problem for users I am sure we can find a work around.

Because you will be able to create your own strategies with multiple indicators and have as many as you like on file, the limitation will actually be on how many different strategies (bots) you can have active at any one time so as to keep server resources manageable. But we will allow users to scale up if they want to run more than say a few bots.

Hope that helps Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
mobile4ever

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 02:41:41 AM

Hi Pablo,

Hey Smiley,
  You may only have one account associated per email address, but otherwise there will not be a limitation. If this becomes a problem for users I am sure we can find a work around.

Because you will be able to create your own strategies with multiple indicators and have as many as you like on file, the limitation will actually be on how many different strategies (bots) you can have active at any one time so as to keep server resources manageable. But we will allow users to scale up if they want to run more than say a few bots.

Hope that helps Smiley.

Pablo.

Yes, that helps. That is real good news. Thanks a lot.
joehal

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 05:33:39 AM

Can I connect 2 different ButterBots to a single bitcoin trading account ?
Mainly just one bot will be connected to the account and it will run a regular trading strategy - but it will have a reserve for let's say 3 bitcoins. So it won't touch the 3 bitcoins from the account.

The second butterbot will be connected to the same account, but it will have the trading deactivated with very large threshold values (too bad we have to use workarounds like these for now) and its sole purpose will be to sell those 3 bitcoins with the trailing stop loss. Could this work ?

In this way those 3 bitcoins will be sold when the proper time will come, and at the same time the trading on that account won't be deactivated, it will continue with the first bot, because only the second bot with the TSL will be deactivated after TSL threshold met.
Vantix

Activity: 556
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 09:19:27 AM

Hi, i've a question, if i turn off the pc or google chrome the bot continue to work or not?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Grinny

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 09:23:32 AM

Hi, i've a question, if i turn off the pc or google chrome the bot continue to work or not?

nope. chrome must be kept open+online to have butterbot working.

Crypto-Trade: Invest. Trade. Be free.
BTC: 16seZufhkvG92kmwjBmeknASaDEJQChmNz | LTC: LSXJFDjujJkAVgE3AmTyoU5W9yA2vzijbq
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 »
  Print  

Jump to: