Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:59:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed)  (Read 274742 times)
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 07:02:26 PM

My bot just vanished from Chrome.  How do I get it back?  It's not disabled or anything, it's like it just decided to uninstall itself.

Hmmm, that's strange. I think my first suggestion would be to reinstall. Perhaps its a problem with Chrome synch settings to another device.

Can you please email me? I will be happy to help you on a one to one basis Smiley.

Pablo.

Pablo@butter-bot.com

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
PGP Key(s): Pablo@Pablo-Lema.com: http://pastebin.com/V8Z4WxUE
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 07:05:09 PM

I guess as an Idea... you can add an option "Only Sell if Profitable"

It would be an interesting option to have...

Hey Smiley,
   We've had this discussion ad nauseam on the thread; that's a very bad option to have, it assumes that the price will ALWAYS rise, even if this is true in the very long term in the short and mid term you are liable to loose your shirt on a crash.

Feel free to email me if you need more details on this, always happy to help :=).

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
za3toor

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:43:08 PM

I think that there is a bug in this platform...

When the Short EMA and Long EMA do cross, the difference should be either a positive number or a negative number. If it is positive, then you should only buy, and if it is negative, you should only sell.

Currently, it is only looking at the threshold, which is nice, but if it starts in the wrong cross, it will always buy & sell in a loss. I should be able to specify to buy/sell based on which EMA is positive and which is negative.

Hey Smiley,
  The threshold refers to the difference between EMA lines after they have crossed and sells are only triggered when the difference is negative and buys are only triggered when the difference is positive; the fact that both thresholds are expressed as positive values is a cosmetic choice to make things easier for beginner traders.

Still, I appreciate the suggestion and will look into making this more transparent on the next gen system Smiley.

Pablo.

Thank you for your reply... but bot goes in to a loss if I had my ema(1, 30) and profit if i swap them to ema(30,1) with 30 minutes frequency and buy % at (0,5) and sell % at (0,5)

Profit Screenshot:
http://i57.tinypic.com/16gfm2d.jpg

Loss Screenshot
http://i57.tinypic.com/33cqblh.jpg
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 07:24:28 PM

I setup the bot and have a trial license key.  The bot seems to be working and I even got an email that a sell order triggered, but when I look on BTC-e I don't see any trade for LTC.

Is there a log somewhere that I can check to see why the sell order was never executed?

Also, when is butter-cream coming out?  I would like to be able to enable and disable my bot from either work or home, but if it has to run in chrome as an extension I am assuming running it in both locations would cause it to actually trade in both locations?  Is that correct?  I really only want one bot running, not two.  I just want to be able to play with the settings from either location.

And one last question.  Is there any planned support for other coins or exchanges like Cryptsty and the multitude of other altcoins they offer?

Hi Zheron Smiley,
  The issue in BTC-E may have to do with the setup of trading ratio of BTC and LTC in your settings, drop me an email and I will be happy to help you one on one. I would suggest checking to see if you had a trade in that time period in either BTC and LTC even if you are only trading LTC or vice-versa. It's a common error and an easy fix Smiley.

Butter-Cream is in alpha testing and coming along rather quickly, I would say 6-8 weeks for an open Beta, if not earlier. The main thing is that Butter-Cream will be more expensive than Butter-Bot, in line with it's new features and capabilities; but current Butter-Bot subscribers will get an exclusive deal on the upgrade.

You can easily un bots with different settings from one or multiple computers, but running a single bot from multiple locations can be tricky; this is one of the core reasons Butter-Cream will be a hosted solution. You can get around this cheaply and easily by running your Butter-Bot on a Raspberry Pi or VPS for a few dollars a month for the time being.

Yes, Cryptsy is pretty much the most requested addition we have and we will look into streamlining this and other new exchange adoptions as soon as we have a little free development time.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.

Hi Pablo... I'm also new to BB and I'm having exactly the same issue. Q: What is the minimum amount in USD I can trade in (does it have to be $100 USD or above)? Secondly do I need to change any of the fields in the BTC-E settings (I'm trading LTC)? Got my Short on 3 my Long on 9 and Buy1/Sell1 on 0, Buy2/Sell2 on 5 with a frequency of an hour with a 1 minute offset.  I'm also getting the "Brain Error" Please advise...  Wink

Hey Smiley,
  We released a second update for the "Brain Error" and this should completely resolve it. If you reset your bot you should no longer see the issue. I am sorry about that inconvenience but it is now resolved Smiley.

You can trade with as little as 35 USD, there is a limitation placed on how little you can trade with placed by the exchange API's, too little currency and the API will not execute a trade signal. Keep in mind that the less funds you use, the less visible your profit/loss will be.

About modding the LTC settings, you need to change your BTC/LTC ratio to 100% for LTC if you are trading LTC only, and 0% for BTC Smiley.

I hope that helps, please let me know how I can continue to be of service Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 07:26:00 PM

I think that there is a bug in this platform...

When the Short EMA and Long EMA do cross, the difference should be either a positive number or a negative number. If it is positive, then you should only buy, and if it is negative, you should only sell.

Currently, it is only looking at the threshold, which is nice, but if it starts in the wrong cross, it will always buy & sell in a loss. I should be able to specify to buy/sell based on which EMA is positive and which is negative.

Hey Smiley,
  The threshold refers to the difference between EMA lines after they have crossed and sells are only triggered when the difference is negative and buys are only triggered when the difference is positive; the fact that both thresholds are expressed as positive values is a cosmetic choice to make things easier for beginner traders.

Still, I appreciate the suggestion and will look into making this more transparent on the next gen system Smiley.

Pablo.

Thank you for your reply... but bot goes in to a loss if I had my ema(1, 30) and profit if i swap them to ema(30,1) with 30 minutes frequency and buy % at (0,5) and sell % at (0,5)

Profit Screenshot:

Loss Screenshot

Hey Smiley,
  Please feel free to drop me an email and we can discuss your specific situation with the strategy team; you make an interesting point Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 07:32:46 PM

Update

Just want to update everyone and let you all know that Butter-Cream is currently operational in it's core features. We are implementing back testing and other tools but it all looks good on our front. I personally hope we can release closed Beta in 4-6 weeks.

Smiley

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
Grinny

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:47:11 PM

Hey Pablo,
glad to hear that butter-cream is coming along Smiley
question: what's the current version of Butterbot? I'm not quite sure if I'm still running the LTC beta or a release build.
(maybe you would like to add the version number to your signature?^^)
Are you going to develop Butterbot any further even after the release of Buttercream?

Crypto-Trade: Invest. Trade. Be free.
BTC: 16seZufhkvG92kmwjBmeknASaDEJQChmNz | LTC: LSXJFDjujJkAVgE3AmTyoU5W9yA2vzijbq
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 10:50:46 PM

Hey Pablo,
question: what's the current version of Butterbot? I'm not quite sure if I'm still running the LTC beta or a release build.
Are you going to develop Butterbot any further even after the release of Buttercream?

Hi Grinny Smiley,
  We are currently up to 3.0.2 Smiley.

About Butter-Bot, no plans to stop development, it all really depends on community feedback, we would like to migrate as many people to Butter-Cream as possible since it is just so much more complete.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
NginUS

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:11:55 PM

Hey Pablo,

Hi Grinny Smiley,

About Butter-Bot, no plans to stop development, it all really depends on community feedback, we would like to migrate as many people to Butter-Cream as possible since it is just so much more complete.

Pablo.

My subscription to Butter-Bot doesn't expire until October 2014. Unless you implement some sort of program where I can redeem my unused Butter-Bot licence time for Butter-Cream license credit, I won't be migrating until I've used up what I've already paid for. It would be nice to see migration incentivized by some sort of a program for people in my position.

EDIT:
Say for example if you were to offer half Butter-Cream time for Butter-Bot time remaining on traded in licenses.
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 11:16:38 PM

Hey Pablo,

Hi Grinny Smiley,

Pablo.

My subscription to Butter-Bot doesn't expire until October 2014. Unless you implement some sort of program where I can redeem my unused Butter-Bot licence time for Butter-Cream license credit, I won't be migrating until I've used up what I've already paid for. It would be nice to see migration incentivized by some sort of a program for people in my position.

Hi NGIN Smiley,
  Yep, I thought that was clear from our discussion a few weeks back, my bad; we will DEFINITELY have some sort of migration program for current users so that migration is incentivized and that it make sense for as well as reward early adopters. We will work the details of migration out with the community to make sure everyone is happy when the time comes Smiley.

Let me know if you have any questions Smiley.

Pablo.
Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
NginUS

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:21:13 PM

Hey Pablo,

Hi Grinny Smiley,

Pablo.

Hi NGIN Smiley,
  Yep, I thought that was clear from our discussion a few weeks back, my bad; we will DEFINITELY have some sort of migration program for current users so that migration is incentivized and that it make sense for as well as reward early adopters. We will work the details of migration out with the community to make sure everyone is happy when the time comes Smiley.

Pablo.
Pablo.

Ok, great news!  I must have missed that post.  Probably my fault, sorry for not paying attention.  Thank you for reiterating it for me.
NginUS

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:56:43 AM

Something I'd like to see in Butter-Cream, that I find myself wanting in Butter-Bot, is the ability to add additional date ranges to the backtesting. So that we're not just limited to just 1 date range. Give us a "+1" button to generate a new date range entry field so that we could in theory create a long range covering an entire year and exclude all the spikes & anomolies we had that year, because there are multiples to exclude, and we'd need several range fields to get the normal ranges inputted properly in order to exclude all the anomolies right.

So for argument's sake say we had a flash crash on Jan 1st & another on Feb 14th.
So I could input October 1 2013 - December 31 2013,
Then January 2 2014 - February 13 2014
Then February 15 2014 - Today

I would have pressed the "+1" button twice to generate the 2 additional date range entry fields so that I could create the voids I needed to exclude the anomolies from my long range test of the timeframe that I've been using the bot.

See what I mean? We could do the same with real data for a whole year, or for smaller sections of the year.
Grinny

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:13:37 AM

Hey Pablo,

Hi Grinny Smiley,

Pablo.

Hi NGIN Smiley,

Pablo.
Pablo.

Ok, great news!  I must have missed that post.  Probably my fault, sorry for not paying attention.  Thank you for reiterating it for me.

I missed that too! A-W-E-S-O-M-E! Smiley

BTC: 16seZufhkvG92kmwjBmeknASaDEJQChmNz | LTC: LSXJFDjujJkAVgE3AmTyoU5W9yA2vzijbq
dark_silverstar

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 02:10:59 PM

Hey Pablo,

Hi Grinny Smiley,

Pablo.

Hi NGIN Smiley,

Pablo.
Pablo.

yes i like this idea. since my butterbot crash in my chrome and waiting for this cloud service Cheesy
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 07:40:13 PM

Something I'd like to see in Butter-Cream, that I find myself wanting in Butter-Bot, is the ability to add additional date ranges to the backtesting. So that we're not just limited to just 1 date range. Give us a "+1" button to generate a new date range entry field so that we could in theory create a long range covering an entire year and exclude all the spikes & anomolies we had that year, because there are multiples to exclude, and we'd need several range fields to get the normal ranges inputted properly in order to exclude all the anomolies right.

So for argument's sake say we had a flash crash on Jan 1st & another on Feb 14th.

I would have pressed the "+1" button twice to generate the 2 additional date range entry fields so that I could create the voids I needed to exclude the anomolies from my long range test of the timeframe that I've been using the bot.

See what I mean? We could do the same with real data for a whole year, or for smaller sections of the year.

Hi NGIN Smiley,
  I see what you are saying. I added this to my list of things to discuss with the lead dev for BC 2.0. We'll see how it goes Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 07:41:33 PM

Hey Pablo,

Hi Grinny Smiley,

Pablo.

Hi NGIN Smiley,

Pablo.
Pablo.

yes i like this idea. since my butterbot crash in my chrome and waiting for this cloud service Cheesy

Hi Dark :=),
  Are you still experiencing that crashing issue? Drop me an email, we'll figure it out Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
Grinny

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:52:42 PM

Hi NGIN Smiley,
  I see what you are saying. I added this to my list of things to discuss with the lead dev for BC 2.0. We'll see how it goes Smiley.

Pablo.

NginUS: +1
That would be an quick and easy way to check how the bot behaves in different scenarios (bullish/bearish/sideways).

poikkeus

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 10:35:31 PM

How I can know the backtest is not faked? It would be VERY easy to code it so it will use e.g. 30 minutes later data for calculating indicators than what we really are at the moment in the test time. So it would see a little bit into the future.

As I've said multiple times; EMA alone is not enough for making profit more than loss (without very good luck) so there is something suspicious with this "butter bot". I've ran hundreds of test runs in my own software with different kind of EMA strategies with multiple different EMAs at same time or not and it never did more profit than what it would've done by just holding the coins. When using few other indicators combined, it started making profit, but configuring takes time.

This post is not just to advertise my own bot. There is something suspicious with butter bot.
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 10:59:46 PM

How I can know the backtest is not faked? It would be VERY easy to code it so it will use e.g. 30 minutes later data for calculating indicators than what we really are at the moment in the test time. So it would see a little bit into the future.

As I've said multiple times; EMA alone is not enough for making profit more than loss (without very good luck) so there is something suspicious with this "butter bot". I've ran hundreds of test runs in my own software with different kind of EMA strategies with multiple different EMAs at same time or not and it never did more profit than what it would've done by just holding the coins. When using few other indicators combined, it started making profit, but configuring takes time.

This post is not just to advertise my own bot. There is something suspicious with butter bot.

Hey Smiley,
  You can verify the back testing yourself by building a spreadsheet and using the EMA algorithm with two triggers, I know one of the guys on the thread did that a while back and I am sure that if you post a request they will likely dig it up for you if you don't want to go through the hassle of building it yourself Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
mobile4ever

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:13:34 AM

I have already talked with people who have given me the setting that make butter bot profitable.

If yours is also profitable, that is great as well.

There is no real reason to have to "make choices" if both are profitable.

The more the merrier. Bring us a million bots and lets all make a million.  Cheesy

Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 »
  Print  

Jump to: