Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:33:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 [837] 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 ... 937 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees  (Read 703572 times)
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 03:54:29 AM

So is the fork now 100% confirmed?

None of the factions are capitulating, so it appears the fork is still the most likely outcome.

When would it happen?

2018 November 15.

Will it be 1:1?

Well, that is the way forks work. Though depending upon how many possible forks maintain a future life, it may be 1:1, 1:1:1, 1:1:1:1, or even some greater number of forks, depending upon who uses Bitcoin Unlimited, and how each user configures that client.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 03:55:43 AM

Are users coins safe while all these shitheads argue among themselves?

What ever do you mean?

Your private keys, your coins. Not your private keys, not your coins. Same as it ever was.

There is water at the bottom of the ocean.
 - D Byrne

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 04:03:16 AM

I thought they didn't want CTOR is because buisnesses would have to change how they work, putting them slightly out of commision for a while? so now the plan is just to completely halt the network? thats not very useful for p2p cash.

None of the forks halts the network. Most exchanges seem to be halting the trading of BCH on that exchange while the churn of the fork happens. But exchanges don't engage in on-chain transactions (other than funds in or out), they engage in database record manipulations.

If you want to engage in on-chain transactions, there is no system enforced halt. Though you may want to ensure you know the consequences of spending to/from a minority/majority chain.

Bitbobb

Activity: 1134
Merit: 525

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:26:32 AM

How to easily split if somehow the Wright chain get some value

https://github.com/markblundeberg/coinsplitter_checkdatasig/releases/tag/3.3.1CS

I don't know the name Mark Blundeberg. Is he a major Electron Cash submitter? I only ask, as a forked wallet would be an excellent way to steal the coins of unsuspecting users.

Note I am not trying to malign monsieur Blundeberg. I just don't know. And this is crypto. Stay wary, my friends.

Edit: Jonald seems to have some modicum of confidence in Mr Lundeberg. From https://electroncash.org/nov2018.html :

I, Jonald Fyookball, maintainer of Electron Cash, have checked the deterministic Windows build of Mark Lundeberg's coinsplitter and can confirm the following SHA256 checksum reproduces on my setup:

b307b23f86aa8ec600d43686e3bf75d41ed423ea54290632d61466f8ab904656 Electron Cash-3.3.1CS.exe

I have not, however, reviewed the full set of code differences from the official Electron Cash.

Though note the fact that the changes have not been thoroughly reviewed.

I seem to remember that a malfeasant fork of Electrum was the way many got scammed out of their Bitcoin Gold.

actually you are perfectly correct to be concerned IMO.  As I understand the fyookball guy is not able to be proven as a real person nor can he create a legit business to take electron cash to the next level of legitimacy..  to me those are worth mention here.

handcash made statement today they are ready for the fork and are SV node based. 

what is happening

Activity: 186
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 11:09:15 AM

bch is the stuff which dreams are made of
joe1823

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:07:53 PM

Forks tend to cause price action in the past.
Get your free money.
Freaks
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:19:03 PM

Get your free money.

This is very common action what happen when this event comes near some people make profit and rest of the community start crying after filling their bags with huge amount of coins.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:41:55 PM

Again, folk on this thread have 'tried' to explain this to me before. But I'm still befuddled....so just checking...

IF you have a BTC paper wallet from 2015 with your BTC and of course 1st fork of BCH coin on that wallet from the first BCH fork.

AND you never have touched it. It still has its 'virgin' BTC and 'virgin' BCH sitting their patiently trolling you to blow it on girls and travel Sad

Do you have to move your BCH to an individual wallet BCH for this next BCH fork off of above original BTC 2015 paper wallet address chain to work?

Or will it act like all other forks of above with riginal BTC wallet with BCH on it....and you don't have to do zip...moving the BCH off of the legacy address?

Thus, does my original BTC and BCH wallet address from 2015 above act like the original 1st BCH wallet as well and no move is needed?

Hopefully, this clears up what I'm asking. I assume I can leave all this alone and this next BCH fork will be included in the 'varied attachments of many dubious

forked BTC coins' on this BTC paper wallet from 2015 Smiley

I'd think this is the case for all those BTC wallets that have yet to move off BCH off them yet from the very first BCH fork. Thus this next BCH fork

will act the same, without any action on my part. Or my 'paranoia' is justified and this next BCH forked coin off of BCH can only fork off a 'pure' BCH address..thus I'd better move off the BCH.

Probably more than 50% of folk never moving their original BCH off their original BTC...that would be a lot less of this BCH forked coin in the world if the fork is off of a generated BCH wallet address only!

Hopefully, what I'm asking makes sense...but use small words and pictures....for clarity...I seem to be getting 'dimmer' with age, dont' ya know. ...not that I'm paranoid..it is just that I'm very, very, paranoid. Smiley

(could be worse, I could work for NASA and screw up the technical communications as I did with previous posts on this thread to me on this and everyone dies.eaaaak!..best to grovel and just ask again Sad

thank you for your patience on this Smiley

I will labor to be less of an 'idiot' in the future Smiley

brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
vothuong1

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:54:29 PM

Get your free money.

This is very common action what happen when this event comes near some people make profit and rest of the community start crying after filling their bags with huge amount of coins.

thought bitcoincash forks from original bitcoin core, increase its blocksize, which means that people cannot fork from bcash?
Icutgrass205

Activity: 98
Merit: 4

Bitcoin is today what the internet was decades ago

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 11:33:19 PM

I heard from several sources that nchain/coingeek will be using their new samsung partnership to manufacture asics that will be designed to mine all POW algorithms, and from there they will begin attacking all altcoin networks that operate on POW to assimilate the value of those coins into bch. Is this true? Can someone elaborate?

Bitcoin, a peer-to-peer electronic cash system for the world. BTC tips are greatly appreciated 35BqJwcycsLDoPrBxmxuh1e4MY7bcDPvGW
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 11:58:58 PM

I heard from several sources that nchain/coingeek will be using their new samsung partnership to manufacture asics that will be designed to mine all POW algorithms, and from there they will begin attacking all altcoin networks that operate on POW to assimilate the value of those coins into bch. Is this true? Can someone elaborate?

that's one of the stupidest things I've heard this month, and I've been hearing an awful lot of stupid things.
Icutgrass205

Activity: 98
Merit: 4

Bitcoin is today what the internet was decades ago

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 01:10:27 AM

that's one of the stupidest things I've heard this month, and I've been hearing an awful lot of stupid things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYKC_k8YcIY

Bitcoin, a peer-to-peer electronic cash system for the world. BTC tips are greatly appreciated 35BqJwcycsLDoPrBxmxuh1e4MY7bcDPvGW
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 06:20:47 AM

You ve seen?

https://medium.com/@thebchboys/an-introduction-to-keyport-tv-2991f8fedc01

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
BorisTheBulletDodger

Activity: 192
Merit: 19

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 06:43:28 AM

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BCHUSD/XdWt8xMA-Bitcoin-Cash-Its-Time-To-Forkin-Grow-Up/

The Fork

The fork has provided your typical pump and dump scenario. Yet this fork may set a precedence moving forward. It was all fun and games last year, like getting a spin-off from ConocoPhillips 0.76% , but moving forward these will be faced with more scrutiny and could even harm the blockchain. Why do you ask? Well if the final purpose of crypto currencies is to replace fiat, than stability is going to be demanded by the market.

Merchants and users want continuity and consistency, not drama and insecurity. Mining pools provide security and a group of miners splitting off is simply not good for any coin. This goes right to the heart of de-centralization. Yes these are open source so anyone can copy the code and essentially fork their chain, but this is not Bitcoin -0.65% Diamond or Bitcoin -0.65% gold -0.11% , this is a divorce which is not going to go down lightly. Those encouraging these types of breakups are the problem not the solution.

I mean first you risk losing money when doing a transaction during the hard fork. Second your not sure which chain is going to be the true BCH'. Not something merchants are going to be wild about. Imagine Visa' deciding to do a split, and merchants had to stop processing payment, and ended up with two processors, not sure which one is linked to their bank, or reconfigure processing wallets to take one or both. Too much BS' in my opinion.

In my opinion BCH' just went down a notch. You do not see this type of crap with Dash' or Monero'. Even Litecoin's Charlie Lee came out against Litecoin' Cash. This is the challenge with POW' coins, little skin in the game. I will just take my mining equipment and go over here. This is making a case for Dash and other POS' type coins where miners have skin in the game. Being vested 1000 coins makes it less likely you will just turn and burn, providing incentive to keep the core together. I mean what is next Bitcoin' Cash Flash, and than Bitcoin' Mash?

If cryptos is to become mainstream, they have to act like mainstream payment processors. If I was Team Dash' this would be my marketing to merchants. "Don't know if which one is Cash? Well then maybe you need Dash'!"

In simple words it is time to grow up!

This was spot-on from goldbug1.

Craig is a fucking cancer to the space along with the other std riddled muppet Calvin Ayre.

Roll Eyes

I Dodge Bullets
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1075

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 07:54:11 AM

https://www.coindesk.com/crypto-exchange-poloniex-announces-pre-fork-trading-for-bitcoin-cash-split/
Pre-fork trading is available immediately for the following pairs: BCHSV/USDC, BCHABC/USDC, BCHSV/BTC, and BCHABC/BTC. We are also opening up a BCH/USDC market. Customers can convert Bitcoin Cash into equivalent amounts of BCHABC and BCHSV, and also convert SV and ABC back into BCH if they’d like to withdraw funds. Customers can trade immediately, but won’t be able to withdraw BCHABC and BCHSV ahead of the hard fork.

Thanks polo, interesting development..

BCH value will start being split between 3 different versions,, Shocked
I will  be avoiding both abc and sv versions on your exchange and stick to
traditional BCH the real Bitcoin

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 07:58:12 AM

https://www.coindesk.com/crypto-exchange-poloniex-announces-pre-fork-trading-for-bitcoin-cash-split/
Pre-fork trading is available immediately for the following pairs: BCHSV/USDC, BCHABC/USDC, BCHSV/BTC, and BCHABC/BTC. We are also opening up a BCH/USDC market. Customers can convert Bitcoin Cash into equivalent amounts of BCHABC and BCHSV, and also convert SV and ABC back into BCH if they’d like to withdraw funds. Customers can trade immediately, but won’t be able to withdraw BCHABC and BCHSV ahead of the hard fork.

I will  be avoiding both abc and sv versions on your exchange and stick to

I just was going to post this. I log into Poloniex and at first I assumed it was Bitfinex since they are the ones who normally do these splitting and combining of pre/post fork coins. I wonder if other exchanges like Bitfinex or Bitmex even will have something similiar, basically what happened in 2017 where we had the Bitcoin Unlimited and the Bitcoin Core split coins.

By the way, traditional BCH, I think they are referring to Bitcoin ABC. So if you think SV will fail you can split your 1 BCH into 1 ABC + 1 SV and just sell your SV right away and after Nov 15, you can withdraw your 1 BCH. I am pretty sure this is the way this will go.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 08:02:43 AM
Last edit: November 08, 2018, 09:11:27 AM by Mrpumperitis

I will  be avoiding both abc and sv versions on your exchange and stick to

I just was going to post this. I log into Poloniex and at first I assumed it was Bitfinex since they are the ones who normally do these splitting and combining of pre/post fork coins. I wonder if other exchanges like Bitfinex or Bitmex even will have something similiar, basically what happened in 2017 where we had the Bitcoin Unlimited and the Bitcoin Core split coins.

By the way, traditional BCH, I think they are referring to Bitcoin ABC. So if you think SV will fail you can split your 1 BCH into 1 ABC + 1 SV and just sell your SV right away and after Nov 15, you can withdraw your 1 BCH. I am pretty sure this is the way this will go.
on Polo under USDC, they have 3 BCH versions to buy and sell..
I think we could see 3 version co exist , some how lol
BCH as it is keeps the BCH ticker , the other two will have their own visions now with their own tickers. Smiley

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 08:53:10 AM

Lets see what happens...

This thread remains BCH

Two new threads for , one for abc followers and other for sv followers..

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5065514.new#new
Bitcoin cash BCHSV

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5065513.msg47696575#msg47696575
Bitcoin cash BCHABC

Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 12:21:39 PM

Bitcoin Cash got ranked #1 coin to watch by CryptosRUs due to the upcoming hard fork:

https://coincodex.tv/videos/303/top-5-altcoins-with-short-term-potential

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 01:29:28 PM
Merited by Kryptowerk (1)

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BCHUSD/XdWt8xMA-Bitcoin-Cash-Its-Time-To-Forkin-Grow-Up/

The Fork

The fork has provided your typical pump and dump scenario. Yet this fork may set a precedence moving forward. It was all fun and games last year, like getting a spin-off from ConocoPhillips 0.76% , but moving forward these will be faced with more scrutiny and could even harm the blockchain.

this would only matter if a chain/chains that was not the plaything of psychopaths was subjected to it.

since it's BCH we should expect nothing less. they're boxing themselves into deeper irrelevance. fine by me.

https://twitter.com/WhalePanda/status/1060522612676268032

I feel bad for the people who went into with the right intentions. the assholes with childish ones outgun them by a long way.
Pages: « 1 ... 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 [837] 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 ... 937 »
  Print  

Jump to: