Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:39:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][YAC] YACoin ongoing development  (Read 379862 times)
alenevaa

Activity: 288
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 01:50:58 PM

Thank you...

So to clarify, if i am understanding the situation:

My computer is only capable of 0.22 KH/S, or 220 hashes per second.

I think your CPU hashrate actually less than 100 h/s

You can see exact hashrate in your minerd when the share is found.
it looks like
Code:
[2015-10-13 15:51:32] thread 1: 36 hashes, 21 hash/s
[2015-10-13 15:51:32] accepted: 334/335 (99.70%), 85 hash/s (yay!!!)
[2015-10-13 15:51:50] thread 3: 430 hashes, 21 hash/s
[2015-10-13 15:51:50] accepted: 335/336 (99.70%), 84 hash/s (yay!!!)
[2015-10-13 15:52:00] thread 1: 620 hashes, 21 hash/s
[2015-10-13 15:52:00] accepted: 336/337 (99.70%), 85 hash/s (yay!!!)

The pool hashrate was around 1 KH/s
It's just speed in standby mode when all miners are waiting for new yacoin wallet release with fixes.
Not many people can mine just for the idea with tons of orphan blocks.

So we would need a hundred pools such as this one to have the same hashing power of MM?
Pool can easily handle hashrate 100-200 KH/s from miners.
We need 2-3 pools just for DDoS-protection

More pools is better than less, of course  Cheesy

██████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
|
WINGS           
Where DAO Unicorns are born
|
1st Bitcoin & Ethereum DAO for DAOs
1st Decentralized Chatbot to Smart Contracts Interaction System

|
Wings Bounties Earn Eggs
X-Blockchain DAO

Roister01

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 04:23:47 PM

Thanks for that Alenevaa,

I have noticed that on the minerd when my last block was made, it showed a hash of 23 hash/s

When my worker starts to work though, on the dashboard, it shows as 0.22KH/s...what explains the difference between the two figures?

Would other things, such as a few different qt setups running in the background, or anything else happening on my computer affect the hashrate?

Also, would it be a similar sort of process to mine other coins, such as ultracoin? How would I go about that?

Many thanks, as always...

Roister
DeliciousMiner

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 12:23:54 AM

If so, what is the net hashrate?

Also, what sort of hashrate would the MM have, do we know?

It's not so simple question.

By my rough estimation:

public miners hashrate up to 10K
 Average Network hashrate = Average MM hashrate ~ 20K
 But MM can easily increase it up to 100K if he needs it
 So he's mining at ~20K just to maximize block reward (max=100 yacs/block)

Yea buddy, I want to make money. This coin is retarded, rewards drop when difficulty increases. Price is low. No wonder nobody mines it.

So why don't you pump the price instead of yacking about it for 5 months? How do you expect to make profit on your coins anyway? Hold them until christmas, 2073?

Beave162

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 12:28:47 AM

How do you expect to make profit on your coins anyway? Hold them until christmas, 2073?

Christmas 2053

YaCoin: YL5kf54wPPXKsXd5T18xCaNkyUsS1DgY7z 
BitCoin: 14PFbLyUdTyxZg3V8hnvj5VXkx3dhthmDj
DeliciousMiner

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 12:32:56 AM

How do you expect to make profit on your coins anyway? Hold them until christmas, 2073?

Christmas 2053

So I take it the pump comes on Thanksgiving 2053?
Beave162

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:23:50 AM

Christmas 2053

So I take it the pump comes on Thanksgiving 2053?

It really depends on if my kids go against my wishes and sell my YAC after I die. Let's call it a slow 'pump'. I'll also be collecting a lot through stake!

Beave162

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:26:04 AM

I have problem with Settings for my GPUs for Nf 16.
Rig 6x R9 390 8GB Ram, windows 7, driver 14.501, 16 GB ram on rig
and
6x R7 240 4GB Ram, Linux PIMP, drier 13.12, 16GB Ram on rig.

Can someone give me config file for yacminer and cgminer?
Thx for helping me.

NF17...
For the R7 240 4gb:

./yacminer --scrypt-chacha -o stratum+tcp://yac.yacoin.club -O username:password -w 128 -g 1 --lookup-gap 11 -R 1280 --buffer-size 3776 --gpu-engine 680-1080 --gpu-memclock 1000

alenevaa

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 01:26:29 PM

Thanks for that Alenevaa,

I have noticed that on the minerd when my last block was made, it showed a hash of 23 hash/s

When my worker starts to work though, on the dashboard, it shows as 0.22KH/s...what explains the difference between the two figures?

Would other things, such as a few different qt setups running in the background, or anything else happening on my computer affect the hashrate?

Also, would it be a similar sort of process to mine other coins, such as ultracoin? How would I go about that?

Many thanks, as always...

Roister

In order not to flood this topic with general issues of mining and even with ultracoin questions, I gave a response in the topic 'Pool Support'Smiley

██████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
|
WINGS           
|

|
Wings Bounties Earn Eggs
X-Blockchain DAO

bitcodo

Activity: 509
Merit: 500

Can't upload avatar

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 03:38:41 PM

Anyone else have coins stuck on http://yac.erlog.pt/ as well?  I haven't received my payout in months and I emailed the pool owner a few time (no reply).  Who runs this pool anyway?

Name:    NineEleven
Last Active:    September 22, 2015, 03:50:29 PM

erlog.pt
Atelier Lógico - Sistemas Informáticos Lda
Rua António Sardinha, N 43, Aroeira, Charneca de Caparica 2855-411 Almada, Portugal
Tel +351 211 452 916
Fax +351 211 452 917
info@erlog.pt
Creat0r

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 04:29:38 PM

Hi!

My name is Konstantin. I'm cyber•Fund co-founder.
I'm happy to announce now YACoin is available in cyber•Fund real time portfolio tracker. So you can easy control your portfolio valuation of YACoin and other cryptoasset that you have in real time.

Look how we do it with our funds - https://cyber.fund/@satoshi_fund

If you are a developer you can easy improve YACoin main page using Chaingear on github. Stellar, Dash and NuBits have already upgraded their page.

Also  don't forget to follow YACoin on https://cyber.fund/system/YACoin.

Thank you for your attention, I will be happy if you will use our service.
Konstantin Lomashuk

senj

Activity: 118

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 11:18:44 PM

In response to Old C coder's messages.

It seems increasing PoW difficulty for more PoS blocks, is the wrong "inducement" for a "greedy/maliciu=ous miner".  It would benefit him to have no PoS blocks between his/her PoW blocks, it seems to me?

Yes and no. Increasing PoW diff after PoS block hasn't changed from peercoin. You need a way to push one type of blocks apart (PoW) in order to accommodate more blocks of a different type (PoS). And if community had enough hashpower, higher diff would not be a problem, since block mined like that would get more trust due higher difficulty.

Wouldn't it be more of an inducement to make the difficulty less, or at least not more? 

In a way, that is what one of the fixes accomplishes - but so that it does not hurt chaintrust of "community" blockchain.

And if the miner chooses to mine on the PoS block, doesn't his "time" begin when he gets that PoS block?  Isn't there a Merkle hash or some such making that time and block count the "top" on which he creates his next PoW block?  So isn't he still (in priciple) on a one minute "difficulty"?

NO NO NO.
If you have a chain with one week of mixed PoW-PoS-PoW-PoS blocks, PoW target spacing then amounts to two! minutes.
Time is later considered in equation as difference from two previous blocks of same type. If those two previous PoW blocks from example are less than 2 minutes apart, difficulty is raised.

PoS is always fixed at 1 minute so the chain wants to "become" like this :
PoS-PoS-PoS-PoS...
(by having algorithm push PoW blocks apart by raising difficulty after each new PoS block arrived)

Or is their a problem there?  Also how is the value (trust/worthiness...) of a chain rated/valued/calculated for chains with PoS blocks rated vis a vis chains with only PoW blocks? 

That is what chaintrust (sum of GetBlockTrust values of each block in a branch) is all about. This is a tricky part for any hybrid. A quick overview is here, but a lot more has been talked about on yacoin dev thread.

And if we have a limit on one PoS block in a row maximum, how do we rate/value... competeing PoS blocks for the "next" block after a PoW block?  If amount of coin favors the "wealthy", and age of coin favors the "oldest-earliest adopters" then how about a "lowest hash" type of comparison ala Pow but being random I presume, a random node's PoS block would win?

Regarding "lower hash" it's easy to compare two blocks at the tip of a chain for lower hash. But when you have two block branches of 20(or 2000) mixed blocks each you need to quantify those "differences" with some non-exploitable formula.
Then you can also have two mixed type block branches mined on lower difficulty - and you need to compare against them too somehow.
old c coder

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 05:28:25 AM

Hi Senj,

In response to Old C coder's messages.

It seems increasing PoW difficulty for more PoS blocks, is the wrong "inducement" for a "greedy/maliciu=ous miner".  It would benefit him to have no PoS blocks between his/her PoW blocks, it seems to me?

Yes and no. Increasing PoW diff after PoS block hasn't changed from peercoin. You need a way to push one type of blocks apart (PoW) in order to accommodate more blocks of a different type (PoS).
I do not understand that at all!
I thought that nodes (peers) that are mining or minting look at the "best" chain that they know about and if the top (tip) is a PoS, they can't add a PoS, at the moment.  If the tip is a PoW they can add a PoS.
I fail to see where blocks are pushed apart?  All I see is blocks being added, with I presume transactions, Merkle trees, timepstamps, etc. etc.
And if community had enough hashpower, higher diff would not be a problem, since block mined like that would get more trust due higher difficulty.
I'm lost here too!  enough hash power?  For competing PoW blocks?  What does a higher diff mean?  Block mined with more trust?  I'm stumped there too! More trust in relation to what other block?  trust as a function of difficulty?  I don't know what those terms mean either, nor where they are defined. It seems I didn't understand one thing in that sentence! (LOL)

Wouldn't it be more of an inducement to make the difficulty less, or at least not more? 

In a way, that is what one of the fixes accomplishes - but so that it does not hurt chaintrust of "community" blockchain.
I wish I knew what chaintrust was and what the community blockchain is, so I could consider what you said!
And if the miner chooses to mine on the PoS block, doesn't his "time" begin when he gets that PoS block?  Isn't there a Merkle hash or some such making that time and block count the "top" on which he creates his next PoW block?  So isn't he still (in priciple) on a one minute "difficulty"?

NO NO NO.
If you have a chain with one week of mixed PoW-PoS-PoW-PoS blocks, PoW target spacing then amounts to two! minutes.
Time is later considered in equation as difference from two previous blocks of same type. If those two previous PoW blocks from example are less than 2 minutes apart, difficulty is raised.
OK, I'm confused.  A PoS block is broadcast on top of a PoW block and no other blocks are broadcast for a while.  Doesn't (honest) mining code start mining the next block sometime after it sees the PoS block?  So shouldn't the PoW difficulty be determined by the time of the last PoW block's time delta?  By that I mean if the chain is
PoW- delta T0 - PoW - delta T1 - PoS now start mining a PoW using delta T0.
And if it is
PoS - delta T0 - PoW - delta T1 - PoS - now start mining a PoW using delta T0
Now if you find PoW block fast, the next will be more difficult, if you find it slowly (all in relation to the one minute average block period target time delta) it will be easier?

The delta T1 can be very long or short it seems and it shouldn't matter to the next PoW block.  Or am I missing something?

PoS is always fixed at 1 minute
I don't understand that either!! How is a PoS block fixed at 1 minute? One minute from what? They timestamp of the previous block?  And how is fixed exactly?  I'm sorry for being so picky, but understanding the terms is the only way I can understand what is supposed to happen, what the code does, and do the two coincide?
so the chain wants to "become" like this :
PoS-PoS-PoS-PoS...
But didn't that all go away from YACoin 043 to 044 (or earlier) when PoS-PoS- became impossible?) No PoS-PoS is allowed.
(by having algorithm push PoW blocks apart by raising difficulty after each new PoS block arrived)

Or is there a problem there?  Also how is the value (trust/worthiness...) of a chain rated/valued/calculated for chains with PoS blocks rated vis a vis chains with only PoW blocks? 

That is what chaintrust (sum of GetBlockTrust values of each block in a branch) is all about. This is a tricky part for any hybrid.
By hybrid, I presume you mean a PoW-PoS type of coin?  Or something else?
A quick overview is here
I don't see a clear definition of what trust is there and the link to page 80 brings back memories.  I just lurked since I didn't see the whole picture, but it seems that they predicted this day would come!
, but a lot more has been talked about on yacoin dev thread.

And if we have a limit on one PoS block in a row maximum, how do we rate/value... competeing PoS blocks for the "next" block after a PoW block?  If amount of coin favors the "wealthy", and age of coin favors the "oldest-earliest adopters" then how about a "lowest hash" type of comparison ala Pow but being random I presume, a random node's PoS block would win?

Regarding "lower hash" it's easy to compare two blocks at the tip of a chain for lower hash. But when you have two block branches of 20(or 2000) mixed blocks each you need to quantify those "differences" with some non-exploitable formula.
I don't think I understand?  If all or a majority of nodes(peers) runs whatever code exists, isn't that the consensus rule?  In this case being the value of the last 'n' blocks, whatever number of PoS ones the last 'n' contain.

I thought I read somewhere that the consensus code (should have?) has some arbitrary depth beyond which a chain cannot (should not?) be overturned (in the future).  In bitcoin, the insurmountable difficulty That is if one has a chain un-broadcast, in hiding as it were, if it is too long it will be ignored, irrespective of its trust or worth or difficulty?  Or is that checkpointing?
Then you can also have two mixed type block branches mined on lower difficulty - and you need to compare against them too somehow.

Ron

LTC: LUYiMVsrFQewUSPDasSKGzhyTPAkiTeSov BTC: 1DPvP6WoZzaNQ9Nxzd64hjYad1kyQzTTbx YAC: Y3ZggXDvnRJaRwtVGyGJwt6DMLN3EPQpQf 
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.  Paul Cezanne
senj

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 07:57:55 AM

It seems folks who kindly produced blockchain lately have either given up or are mining in background. Last couple of days blocks produced by community are getting excepted. Reward is high and hashrate is low. Join in if you dare.
alt19

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 08:31:12 AM

launched in 2013... the first wave of altcoins...

$2,680 trading volume over the last 30 days
http://alt19.com/19/cryptocurrency.php

estimated supply over the next 10 years?

thank you
senj

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 02:57:55 PM

estimated supply over the next 10 years?

It depends on PoW hash rate (consequently PoW reward), PoS block count (influences PoW emission rate), new features ...
I'd say from 150-350M.

http://forecast.yacoin.net

testbug

Activity: 851
Merit: 556

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 08:05:14 PM

Hi there yacoin community,

i saw that coin on release but didn't pay much attention.
I was operating some pools last year and now i have again some interest in operating some pools.

So here is my question: Does yacoin need/want a pool? If yes, i can create and post the link here.
I was clickig some pools and most of them seem to be offline.

Best regards
testbug
alenevaa

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 08:34:09 AM

So here is my question: Does yacoin need/want a pool? If yes, i can create and post the link here.

Sure, man! More pools is better!

██████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
|
WINGS           
|

|
Wings Bounties Earn Eggs
X-Blockchain DAO

Beave162

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 01:04:47 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2015, 11:14:42 AM by Beave162

YACoin Bounty Update

Bounties have increased due to PoS minting. I'm posting the new totals below. Also, I have redesignated (with full consensus from the donators) the YAC Multipool bounty into a YAC-only Exchange. AND, I am matching the funds in the old bounty!

I am also adding a NEW BOUNTY, which will simply be a donation of 200,000 YACoins for the new wallet release 0.4.5. I will release these 'development funds' to the current development team once the new wallet upgrade is available on the website. I believe there used to be an address specified for development which I can send the YAC to? Anyone, feel free to send YACs to that bounty as well

--YAC Wallet 0.4.5 development fund - 200,000 YAC
Donate to bounty here: YEDLVejqkDv1CAHJACheN4eQgp2YB619t8

--YAC-only Exchange - 214,349 YAC
Donate to bounty here: YLNhNhRVspJMZLBN4PcSjkLsVTd3TMaq7R
https://forum.yacoin.org/index.php?topic=745.0

--Built-in Wallet Miner with Autotune, Autodetect - 158,935 YAC
Donate to bounty here: YAA2QgGmKdzo31pg6iZBQNTF2xgRHmsVXw
https://forum.yacoin.org/index.php?topic=716.0

I am open to more bounties if anyone has an idea!

alenevaa

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2015, 01:27:16 PM

Thanks Alenevaa...

i take that to mean there is no point me mining UTC on my laptop anymore?

Does it still make sense to do YAC?

Cheers,

Roister

Yes, YACoin is currently on NF17. That makes it CPU-coin

More to say, Nfactor increases according to a pre-defined schedule

Code:
Nfactor increase schedule

Nfactor N Date
4 32 Wed, 08 May 2013 05:33:20 GMT
5 64 Tue, 14 May 2013 07:11:28 GMT
6 128 Fri, 17 May 2013 08:00:32 GMT
7 256 Mon, 20 May 2013 08:49:36 GMT
8 512 Wed, 29 May 2013 11:16:48 GMT
9 1024 Sat, 01 Jun 2013 12:05:52 GMT
10 2048 Tue, 25 Jun 2013 18:38:24 GMT
11 4096 Sun, 07 Jul 2013 21:54:40 GMT
12 8192 Tue, 13 Aug 2013 07:43:28 GMT
13 16384 Mon, 30 Sep 2013 20:48:32 GMT
14 32768 Mon, 18 Nov 2013 09:53:36 GMT
15 65536 Sat, 31 May 2014 14:13:52 GMT
16 131072 Fri, 05 Sep 2014 16:24:00 GMT
17 262144 Tue, 23 Jun 2015 22:54:24 GMT
18 524288 Sat, 16 Jul 2016 07:34:56 GMT
19 1048576 Tue, 08 Aug 2017 16:15:28 GMT
20 2097152 Fri, 16 Oct 2020 18:17:04 GMT
21 4194304 Tue, 09 Nov 2021 02:57:36 GMT
22 8388608 Mon, 13 May 2030 00:21:52 GMT
23 16777216 Sat, 13 Nov 2038 21:46:08 GMT
24 33554432 Fri, 17 May 2047 19:10:24 GMT
25 67108864 Tue, 22 Nov 2072 11:23:12 GMT
26 134217728 Mon, 26 May 2081 08:47:28 GMT
27 268435456 Sat, 14 Jun 2149 12:01:36 GMT
28 536870912 Tue, 24 Jun 2183 01:38:40 GMT
29 1073741824 Tue, 21 Jul 2285 18:29:52 GMT
30 2147483648 Sat, 28 Aug 2421 00:58:08 GMT

██████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
|
WINGS           
|

|
Wings Bounties Earn Eggs
X-Blockchain DAO

Roister01

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 01:38:13 PM

Thanks for that...

Why does the N factor need to change like this...what is the benefit?

Cheers,

Roister
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 »
  Print  

Jump to: