Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 09:30:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Haasonline Simple Trade Bot For BTCe and Bitstamp[Main topic]  (Read 416464 times)
CADguy

Activity: 330
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:05:53 PM

but there are 2 other things i will have a look at first before i put the new release online. I do not want to keep updating unless it is absolutely needed.

hey just a quick suggestion of something you could add in there

could you add the current interval next to the "last update" time at the bottom left Smiley
MBTY

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:47:59 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2013, 05:26:51 PM by MBTY

Stephan224
@MBTY:
Use the new last buy/sell price reset in the advanced settings. Wink

I thought that this setting resets the counters by timer. I need to reset was performed after one cycle of buying and selling. No matter how long it takes. Apparently I'm wrong translated into my language description of this function.

(i`m using google translate)
bx8389

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:10:06 PM

Could someone explain the drop-loss feature to me? When I have a drop-loss price of 24.5 why does the programm sell at 24.988?

@all:
There is a minor bug detected into the "Price Change" indicator. I do recommend NOT to use this indicator. The indicator, as it is now, will allow a buy signal to soon. So unless you use more indicators you could get to high buy prices.

The problem is fixed already for the new release, but there are 2 other things i will have a look at first before i put the new release online. I do not want to keep updating unless it is absolutely needed.

If you work at "price change" consider it split in 2 separate indicators: One for buy at and below and other to sell at and above
Is more flexible to use and people wanting whole 2 things can add both indicators.
I agree also  w/ MBTY : Timeout is a very good feture to have but should act on exceptional circunstances: reset last buy/selling  at cycle end works better but probably MBTY problem is solved directly with the indicator alone "sell at or above".

About  new things: sell an buy now are very nice things and help me solve on spot a "distracted" bot: thank you
I haven't lose too much money trying MACD-MA due this buttons. I agree w/CADGuy: Seems this BOT function vs Bitcoinwisdom MACD-MA on 3 minutes interval have differences w/ same parameters.

BTC Vinny

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:09:43 PM

It's not the bots fault you got your settings not properly set up. I got it on 450 sec., 95% and if has not failed me yet.

@Stephan; is there any update in relation to the BTCChina API-problems?

Hi Mevius,
Curious if you'd share what do you use for indicators?

Also, what is your timeout on the buy/sell reset?

Thanks,

BTC V
MBTY

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:22:34 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2013, 09:00:05 AM by MBTY

Stephan224
PPC/USD pair added on btc-e.com.

Also bugreport.

I`m settin bot to trade 30 LTC. Here is log.
http://savepic.ru/4956431.png
Bot did not bought 30.000 LTC. It`s 29.94 (0.02% fee is 0.06 LTC)
When sell trigger was allowed bot tries sell 30.000 LTC (but in my wallet was only 29.94). Ofcourse trade was stopped and i had to sell LTC manually. Please fix trade fee calculating.

And more. Bot thinks that he does well. In fact, this is not happening. (screen from benchmark)
http://savepic.ru/4942095.png

I suspect that bot calculating proffit also incorrect because the calculation does not take fee.
bitErik

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:53:20 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2013, 09:15:32 AM by bitErik

maybe it is the program, maybe I am an idiot... but I don't get a positive outcome/profit. Can someone please confirm the following.

1) trading with 0.9.0.5 is not possible anymore, bot signals do not get translated in trade signals

2) for version 0.9.0.6 : for LTC/EUR : MACD-MA on standard settings, min raise/drop safety = off: 8/9 trades are made with an "negative profit" meaning stuff get's sold lower than it is bougth. Did anyone have (on avarage) a positive outcome with this setup?

3)  For version 0.9.0.6 : for LTC/EUR : RIS on standard settings, min raise/drop safety = on. All trade result in "negative profit". Did anyone have (on avarage) a positive outcome with this setup?

Maybe LTC/EUR is currently just a realy bad coin pair for tecnical anlysis..

could you please also awnser these questions if a positive outcome was achieved.
a)What coin pair was used?
b)Where there settings used not standard?

thanks for any help!
$1vEr.$urfer

Activity: 66

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:23:39 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2013, 11:53:26 AM by $1vEr.$urfer

anybody here who is willing to answer my question is welcome to reply - this is not just directed at Stephan as there are many savvy members here who understand the bot and particularly its indicators well enough to answer my relatively simple question(s).

I am using the latest version 0.0.9.6 beta.

I am trying out the indicator called 'stochastic indicator' ...

I have some questions and hope somebody can answer them.

1. The "interval length" (default = 30) - is that supposed to be set to the same number as the "update timer" setting for the bot or is there no relation?
Perhaps the interval length of this indicator must simply be a multiple of the interval length? What is the relation between the two - if any?

2. I see it says "buy at 80 or higher" and "sell at 20 or lower" ... so I'm assuming that this indicator is the exact opposite of the traditional indicator called Stochastic RSI?  (it has buy at <= 20 and sell at >= 80)

3. If so, why not just use the standard Stoch RSI indicator that everybody loves and knows?

I also have some Q's regarding the MACD indicator:
1. It comes with two default params of SMA short length = 12 and SMA long length = 26. If I compare that to the MACD indicator shown on http://bitcoinwisdom.com : which has three MACD parameters of 26, 12 and 9. So two of the params correspond, but any idea what the extra param of 9 is for on bitcoinwisdom?
Are these two indicators the same?? Because i find this one on bitcoinwisdom seems to fit my trading requirements best - particularly when the data is collated into 1 hour intervals...

2. As you will know, bitcoinwisdom can show the data in intervals of 1m, 3m, 5m, 15m, 30m, 1h, 2h, 4h, 6h, 12h, 1d, 3d, 1w
and so my next question is what is the link between these intervals on bitcoinwisdom and the simple bot, i.e. HOW do i tell the bot to apply the data and indicators in terms of intervals of data corresponding to any of the above intervals shown in bitcoinwisdom charts?
At first I thought perhaps it was the "update timer" parameter in the bot, but this doesn't make sense as that is simply the time period between data refreshes - it has nothing to do with intervals for the purpose of collating data?

3. Some of the Bot indicators have interval type params - are those perhaps the same as the interval setting in bitcoinwisdom charts?
bx8389

Activity: 80

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:31:29 AM

maybe it is the program, maybe I am an idiot... but I don't get a positive outcome/profit. Can someone please confirm the following.

1) trading with 0.9.0.5 is not possible anymore, bot signals do not get translated in trade signals

2) for version 0.9.0.6 : for LTC/EUR : MACD-MA on standard settings, min raise/drop safety = off: 8/9 trades are made with an "negative profit" meaning stuff get's sold lower than it is bougth. Did anyone have (on avarage) a positive outcome with this setup?

3)  For version 0.9.0.6 : for LTC/EUR : RIS on standard settings, min raise/drop safety = on. All trade result in "negative profit". Did anyone have (on avarage) a positive outcome with this setup?

Maybe LTC/EUR is currently just a realy bad coin pair for tecnical anlysis..

could you please also awnser these questions if a positive outcome was achieved.
a)What coin pair was used?
b)Where there settings used not standard?

thanks for any help!

As already stated before I have bad results w/ MACD-MA: not sure yet if bot fault or market result. At this moment I am using PPO w positive outcome and plan let in more 2 or 3 days. If results are positive i will try fine tunning this function. I am Using BTC/USD on Bitstamp.
robkaandorp

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:47:40 AM

I have bought simple trade bot yesterday and am tinkering with the settings. Up to now i haven't been able to get it working properly, due to a couple of things:

(I am using Bitstamp/btcusd)

• First you have to select the market in both the trade bot tabs, or else you get a bunch of 'object reference' errors in the debug log and the currency data and graph will not be updated.
  • When the bot tries to buy the order often does not get processed at the exchange, however the bot thinks it went okay. I noticed that for the trades that did not come through the debug log states: 'Order accepted, received id: 0', where a trade that does come through the received id is a proper trade id.
    The transaction log on bitstamp does not show the trades that got an id '0' back.

Anyone else with the same problem?

Also, the column that displays your profit after a trade seems not to take the tradingfee into account. Is that intentional?

MtGox is not on the list of supported exchanges. As it is the largest btcusd and btceur exchange at the moment, I would like to be able to use it. Or is there a reason it is not supported?

Regards, Rob
Mevius

Activity: 99

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:58:53 AM

MtGox is not on the list of supported exchanges. As it is the largest btcusd and btceur exchange at the moment, I would like to be able to use it. Or is there a reason it is not supported?

I will not add MtGox. I do not support them because i do not want them to grow any bigger. To much depends on them already.

Een goeie tukker is geen motherfucker!
krach
Legendary

Activity: 1851
Merit: 1020

Get Rekt

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 11:22:50 AM

Hi,
Dont turn both tabs on in bitstamp! One api per currency pair, there is only one pair at bitstamp. You will overload the api and get banned. Yea there are issues with bitstamp sometimes, I am not 100% how to solve them. Check the "support" tab at the bottom and see what it suggests.

I think all the problems with cryptsy are on cryptsy´s end and not the bots.

" have bought simple trade bot yesterday and am tinkering with the settings. Up to now i haven't been able to get it working properly, due to a couple of things:

First you have to select the market in both the trade bot tabs, or else you get a bunch of 'object reference' errors in the debug log and the currency data and graph will not be updated.
    When the bot tries to buy the order often does not get processed at the exchange, however the bot thinks it went okay. I noticed that for the trades that did not come through the debug log states: 'Order accepted, received id: 0', where a trade that does come through the received id is a proper trade id.
    The transaction log on bitstamp does not show the trades that got an id '0' back.

Also, the column that displays your profit after a trade seems not to take the tradingfee into account. Is that intentional?

Regards, Rob"

[color=#00██ ████ ████

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000000000 REKT PLEBS
● DAILY PARLAYS, ACCAS, SINGLES AND BOASTING
● BONUS HUNTING & VIP PICKS
● 24/7 LIVE TROLL BOX
● SCAM TOUTS ROASTED LIVE

robkaandorp

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:14:46 PM

Hi,
Dont turn both tabs on in bitstamp! One api per currency pair, there is only one pair at bitstamp. You will overload the api and get banned. Yea there are issues with bitstamp sometimes, I am not 100% how to solve them. Check the "support" tab at the bottom and see what it suggests.

The bitstamp website states that one is allowed 600 requests in 10 minutes, that is 1 request per second. I don't think the trade bots ever get even near that amount.

Regards, Rob
baros008

Activity: 78

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:23:17 PM

I have bought simple trade bot yesterday and am tinkering with the settings. Up to now i haven't been able to get it working properly, due to a couple of things:

• First you have to select the market in both the trade bot tabs, or else you get a bunch of 'object reference' errors in the debug log and the currency data and graph will not be updated.
  • When the bot tries to buy the order often does not get processed at the exchange, however the bot thinks it went okay. I noticed that for the trades that did not come through the debug log states: 'Order accepted, received id: 0', where a trade that does come through the received id is a proper trade id.

Regards, Rob

I have same problems.

Only one instance of program running, Bitstamp selected in both STB tabs, only one tab with trading activated, USD and BTC available on Bitstamp, RSI indicator with default settings and trade orders are not really accepted by Bitstamp (order id:0)

There was 6 trade orders sent during night...

no one was accepted...

bitErik

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 02:46:58 PM

Does anyone have good long ctf files? with different intervals? (I already have the ones from haasonline) I am looking for some ctf files of the same period (preferebly 4 days or so) with different interval settings. something in the range of 20sec &  1 min & 2 min & 5 min. Does anyone have this kind of data?

Also I have founnd out that you can run more instanses of STB by letting it run under multiple active windows users.. maybe this helps someone. I have made some account on my pc and am currently collecting data simultaniously.

kalross

Activity: 85

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 03:31:12 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2013, 06:45:24 PM by kalross

Stephan224

....I need to reset was performed after one cycle of buying and selling.........

I think that is a good idea.  Time outs can be unpredictable maybe.  Or at least the market can be in relation to them :-)

Any chance of of knowing how the drop loss logic works?   I still can't quite make it out.  The drop loss time out is potentially useful, but I agree with including the profit and losses in the benchmark would be useful as I still don't trust the bot or benchmarks really.

Would I be right to assume the bot wont buy if the drop loss is active?  I thought it is supposed to recover after drop loss has sold?  Surely it should buy back in towards the low point and continue?  Every benchmark I do...when the drop loss activates and the bot does nothing, leaving a loss.

Love the colour indicators btw...very useful

K
$1vEr.$urfer

Activity: 66

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 05:30:10 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2013, 07:17:35 AM by $1vEr.$urfer

Not sure whether my previous comments/questions will get a reply because I can see that there many more questions than there are people able to answer at this point in time.

As somebody whose been over this entire topic once and has also gone through the bot help once I am struggling a bit and have the following general observations.

1. I am not having much success with the backbenching functionality. It would be much easier if one could move the data from right to left - in order to go back in time (and visa versa) - just as you can in bitcoinwisdom.com charts. In fact, if you (Stephan) could update the graphical parts (charts and indicator) to work just like they do in bitcoinwisdom.com's charts then that would go a very very long way in making this bot easier to use.

2. It would be amazing as well if you could get the indicators to work exactly as they do on bitcoinwisdom.com charts - even with the same defaults - and especially the same logic so that when we add an indicator to the bot, then it will behave exactly as the corresponding indicator on bitcoinwisdom.com behaves.

3. If somebody could also please explain the correlations/relationships between the following "time" parameters:

a) the bot "update timer" value
b) the "interval length" in various bot indicators
c) the "time period" in BitCoinWisdom (ranging between 1 week and 1 minute)

If I can get these questions answered then i stand a chance of getting the most out of the bot Wink
Mevius

Activity: 99

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:17:22 AM

Bot working nicely^^

Een goeie tukker is geen motherfucker!
Stephan224 (OP)

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

Software developer

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 11:05:50 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2013, 12:57:56 PM by Stephan224

@CADguy:
Your suggestion about the "current interval" next to the "last update"... what do you mean by this? The current prices?

@MBTY:
A new advanced setting is coming, this one will reset the last buy and sell price after the sell.

I will add Ppc/Usd and Trc/Btc for BTC-e too at the update, thanks for telling me this.

@bitErik:
Version 0.9.0.5 beta does not work anymore, i have set some time limits for how long the software can be used. This is to protect you from using an old version and becoming outdated.

@krach:
If you use the bot normally it is not possible to get banned by it. No matter if you select 2 bots to work at bitstamp, the software will spread the load at the exchange and it will make sure you can not get banned. The only way to get banned it to start this software more then once at one and the same exchange.

@baros008:
A return of order id of 0 does not mean it goed wrong, when you see -1 there is a problem.

@$1vEr.$urfer:
It is flood of messages the past days, but i and my partner (Lander) are reading this topic and we are trying to solve any issue we see.

@Mevius:
Thanks, i am happy to see some positive comments too.

@All:
The results produced by (for example) BitCoinWisdom should be almost equal to the values the software produces. Behind it, there is math and it is really hard to temper with that.

At the current moment i found one difference, it is a small one but is does impact the calcation. Both BitCoinWisdom and this software are reading an selected exchange, there is (of course) a difference between when the prices are read. BitCoinWisdom could for example poll an exchange while the software is still counting down to a new update. So this can result in reading at a different moment and so a different price.

----------------------------

Edit:
I have made some CTF files which you can download here: http://www.haasonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/CTFPackage2.zip

These CTF files inside this ZIP file can be used to be loaded into the Benchmark to see how your trade bot performs.

Please note: These CTF files where made based on the last prices i have collected. There stepping is 300seconds! (5 minutes), benchmark and you will understand why i sometimes trade at a interval of this range.

Lead developer of Haasonline Software Engineering and owner of Haasonline.com - Checkout my Simple Trade Bot on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0
MBTY

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 01:27:45 PM

Stephan224
Thanks a lot!
What about my bugreport?
Stephan224 (OP)

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

Software developer

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 01:55:45 PM

Stephan224
Thanks a lot!
What about my bugreport?

I thought you have solved the problem already... it is like the debug log says, the software tries to sell (or buy) the coins. However the exchange rejects your order because the trade-amount is to high. You noticed this problem already i guess.  The solution is straight forward; trade with a little less then the 30LTC, create some overhead. Drop it to 29LTC for example and make sure there is a little amount on both sides of your wallet. If you do this you should encounter no more to problems.

To understand the logic behind:
The bot tries to trade the trade-amount you have set. No matter if it is a buy or a sell. The other solution, like you are writing down, will result in a downgoing trend of the trade-amount in time... think about it, if i should correct the trade-amount each buy or sell it would only do downwards. 

I am still looking to improve this part, but it is not as easy as it might look like. :|

Lead developer of Haasonline Software Engineering and owner of Haasonline.com - Checkout my Simple Trade Bot on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: