Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 07:44:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Haasonline Simple Trade Bot For BTCe and Bitstamp[Main topic]  (Read 416432 times)
dldavis007

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 06:39:32 AM

It seems to be working now (after deleting and adding another PPO indicator)

The next trade occurred when the indicator said is should have:

190   Buy   12/16/13 11:58 PM   686.5
283   Sell   12/17/13 12:31 AM      710.003

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will keep working.

Darrell

By the way, the "Copy to Clipboard" and "Save as TXT file" buttons under the Trade Log don't seem to work.  Is this something that you are aware of?
Mevius

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 06:44:41 AM

By the way, the "Copy to Clipboard" and "Save as TXT file" buttons under the Trade Log don't seem to work.  Is this something that you are aware of?

Confirmed not working, guess it will all be fixed in the upcoming big release.

Een goeie tukker is geen motherfucker!
subhead

Activity: 75

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 09:51:53 AM

Confirmed not working, guess it will all be fixed in the upcoming big release.

i hope the cryptsy api get fixed soon. Its so annoying.  Angry

EvilHumpty.com EU P2Pool LTC-DOGE-REDD-MOON
BTC: 1JJ4oUshc5KE7xZeDJXXVNHwFxrMct56Zj
LTC: LdZ85kmtnBRPWYCPgYRThQWS7GsHEn4PKn
Stephan224 (OP)

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

Software developer

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 10:02:37 AM

@edgie13 and @subhead:
Lol, no Cryptopros did not tell something disclosed. Yes it is true i will offer abilities based on the cloud but this is just a minor part of the concept i will be introducing. I will not go for a full cloud solution because i believe people rather have full control over the software and credentials.

@dldavis007:
Let me help you make better trades; First the targetprices, they will guard you will overcome the fee-costs. Hopefully this part is clear already. But now you have added a PPO indicator. This is a "long range" indicator, one that will benefit from long update intervals. This strategy is working properly when setup with a good interval. However you can improve your trade-momentums even more. The PPO "long range" indicator does not know anything about the current price on the short range. So to solve this matter you can add a Stochastic indicator or a RSI indicator too.

Give this a try in the benchmark to see what i am suggesting here. You will see the last profit you have posted will go up even more. Smiley

@Mevius:
Even better, the buttons will be gone. Something better will come in return, something more clear and modern. Wink

@subhead:
I am on it, at the current moment i have received 2 reports from users having problems. I also received 3 confirmations of people who have no problems with Cryptsy. So this is a strange situation, i do not get it yet.

Again i would like to request everybody who have problems with Crytpsy to report them to me by PM, ticket or mail. Please tell me which coin type you are missing in your wallet and which kind of problems you have encountered. I am looking for a pattern to solve this problem, there must be something to this.

Lead developer of Haasonline Software Engineering and owner of Haasonline.com - Checkout my Simple Trade Bot on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0
subhead

Activity: 75

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:10:31 PM

Stephan thank you for your reply!

EvilHumpty.com EU P2Pool LTC-DOGE-REDD-MOON
BTC: 1JJ4oUshc5KE7xZeDJXXVNHwFxrMct56Zj
LTC: LdZ85kmtnBRPWYCPgYRThQWS7GsHEn4PKn
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:36:06 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2013, 01:14:24 AM by kireinaha

Are you totally sure the setting are fully equal?
I have tested this too and compared the output to the charts bitcoinwisdom and bitcoincharts.  Undecided

I will have a look, there is no difference in the math we both use.

@Stephan
Which indicator in STB is most similar to the MACD perimeter on BitcoinWisdom?

I've tried the 12/26/9 setting on the MACD-MA indicator with EMA and SMA values, but I seem to get different results. Perhaps the time offset between my bot and their site can attribute to some of that, but often I get some very different results, ie. BitcoinWisdom's MACD will show buy, but my bot's MACD-MA will show sell and vice-versa.  Huh

Edit: I think I may have figured it out... the "difference" seems to do with the way the histogram is drawn up in the STB. I think the MACD-MA with SMA trend type is most similar to BitcoinWidsom. Seems about right... but would be happy if you can confirm for me Smiley

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
dldavis007

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 01:15:17 AM

Stephan,

Thanks for the advice.  It make sense the the PPO doesn't know about the current price since it is has a delayed reaction.  I've noticed that it tends to make trades on the falling slope of a rally.  I added the Stochastic Indicator, but I think I had the interval on the PPO indicator set too long because it seemed to want to make the trades after a rally.

Darrell
kalross

Activity: 85

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 03:28:18 PM

I'm still having issues with stuck open orders (and vice versa...bot continuing trading when order is still open).

Bot bought more NMC today before sell order was complete on BTC-E.

K
bx8389

Activity: 80

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:36:47 PM

Are you totally sure the setting are fully equal?
I have tested this too and compared the output to the charts bitcoinwisdom and bitcoincharts.  Undecided

I will have a look, there is no difference in the math we both use.

@Stephan
Which indicator in STB is most similar to the MACD perimeter on BitcoinWisdom?

I've tried the 12/26/9 setting on the MACD-MA indicator with EMA and SMA values, but I seem to get different results. Perhaps the time offset between my bot and their site can attribute to some of that, but often I get some very different results, ie. BitcoinWisdom's MACD will show buy, but my bot's MACD-MA will show sell and vice-versa.  Huh

Edit: I think I may have figured it out... the "difference" seems to do with the way the histogram is drawn up in the STB. I think the MACD-MA with SMA trend type is most similar to BitcoinWidsom. Seems about right... but would be happy if you can confirm for me Smiley

I have also one question related w/ long interval (3m,5m and 15m) : On Bitcoinwisdom they do a polling and calculate values with many samples on interval ( well is whats appears to me..) on STB you just do one sample on interval (and have a possibility to have a bad one) or do also some average and processing - I think this can help to explain some differences.

Regards
kireinaha

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:15:58 PM

Yes, I have been running the MACD-EMA indicator on 3 minute intervals for awhile, and I must say I'm not very impressed with the results. When comparing it with the MACD on BitcoinWidsom -- both on 3 minute intervals with 12/26/12 settings -- I'm getting completely different values. It almost seems that the STB values are lagging several minutes behind BitcoinWisdom.

Note that BitcoinWisdom's MACD signal line crossed but STB's MACD signal line -- on the exact same settings -- is several minutes away from crossing still. What can explain such a marked difference in output?

testik1

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:02:03 PM

and this is why there should be open source.. if not for the entire software, at least for the mathematical calculations and the main algorithms and indicators. since pretty clearly there are some errors, that could've been fixed a long time ago, had other people had a chance to look at and test the program :\
slk_wow

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:35:42 PM

Does it work under Linux ? Where can I look at user manual ?
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 02:35:32 AM

There are differences between the charts of bitcoinwisdom. I can confirm this. But that does not say the Simple Trade Bot is wrong.  Smiley

First lets scale the posted image a little bit better, just a little bit will do (i am not good at this). But this is what you will get:

Alright, now lets a look at this with 3 things in mind:

1. The lines of bitcoinwisdom are more smooth because they apply a smoothed line while the Simple Trade Bot shows you raw data points.
2. The moment of reading the prices is different for sure. So both will get a bit different prices inside there calculations. In SMA and WMA this is not really visible, but in EMA it is.
3. You can not temper with mathematics.

Like i posted before, i am looking into this but i have not yet find anything wrong with it. If i did, i would have posted it.

BTW This far only dldavis007 posted something very interesting about the MACD-MA outcomes.

Lead developer of Haasonline Software Engineering and owner of Haasonline.com - Checkout my Simple Trade Bot on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0
kireinaha

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:16:13 AM

There are differences between the charts of bitcoinwisdom. I can confirm this. But that does not say the Simple Trade Bot is wrong.  Smiley

First lets scale the posted image a little bit better, just a little bit will do (i am not good at this). But this is what you will get:

Alright, now lets a look at this with 3 things in mind:

1. The lines of bitcoinwisdom are more smooth because they apply a smoothed line while the Simple Trade Bot shows you raw data points.
2. The moment of reading the prices is different for sure. So both will get a bit different prices inside there calculations. In SMA and WMA this is not really visible, but in EMA it is.
3. You can not temper with mathematics.

Like i posted before, i am looking into this but i have not yet find anything wrong with it. If i did, i would have posted it.

BTW This far only dldavis007 posted something very interesting about the MACD-MA outcomes.

Thanks Stephan for the response. It's strange, because I've been playing around with the bot for the past few days, trying some news indicators out, and every time I use the MACD or MACD-MA, it's like my trend follows five intervals behind BitcoinWisdom's & Bitcoin Charts. So if I have my update timer on 3 minutes, I end up 15 minutes behind the trend. I'm sure that the results can vary a little depending on the polling, but this is a huge difference. I tried reinstalling the bot to see if it's a local problem on my end, but it's still doing it. And the same thing happens no matter which interval I use, short or long. So I have no idea what's going on with that, but at least the ROC indicator seems to be working fine.

Anyone else out there experiencing this, or just me?

afia

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:36:01 AM

hmm, mb u will do it for normal resolution? omg... with 1366x768 can't tap on save setting cause it was out of my screen. can look only 1 graphic at a time. and if i try both graphic they are so small that its hard see smth. think right down corner menu must be smaller. and this buttons with "add indicator" must be drop down menu like. anyway thx for your work. will test it soon.
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 10:45:51 AM

@kireinaha:
I can be related to the signal line. Of course i am not sure, but i have had some people asking the same and there problem was most of the time the length of the signal line. I hope the same is going on in your case.
If you do find something wrong i am very happy to have a look and solve it.

@afia:
The release of January will get a new interface, scaling and thing like that will be problems of the past. At the current moment i test at the resolution on a screen of 1280x1024 and up. Which is not, i agree, perfect of course.

TIP: Maybe this is usefull: but you can scale the charts, there is some hidden line between them which allows scaling up and down. Maybe this will help a bit getting better charts in your screen.

il_minatore

Activity: 292

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:28:57 PM

there is a strategy to increase btc and not $?

thanks
kireinaha

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 08:23:23 PM

there is a strategy to increase btc and not $?

thanks

Wouldn't that be mutually inclusive? Getting your bot to buy low/sell high would probably be a good starting point.

Wolftein

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 11:15:16 PM

API For Cryptsy is not working.
dldavis007

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 03:57:33 AM

Stephan,

@dldavis007:
Let me help you make better trades; First the targetprices, they will guard you will overcome the fee-costs. Hopefully this part is clear already. But now you have added a PPO indicator. This is a "long range" indicator, one that will benefit from long update intervals. This strategy is working properly when setup with a good interval. However you can improve your trade-momentums even more. The PPO "long range" indicator does not know anything about the current price on the short range. So to solve this matter you can add a Stochastic indicator or a RSI indicator too.

Give this a try in the benchmark to see what i am suggesting here. You will see the last profit you have posted will go up even more. Smiley

Can you explain how two indicators are combined to determine when a "Buy" and "Sell" are made?

For instance, the PPO Indicator "Buys" and "Sells" on the crossing (assuming that the trade is profitable).  I assume that the Stochastic Indicator "Buys" and "Sells" when it is above %80 and below %20 (and when the trade is profitable).  Since the PPO Indicator buys at a specific point (the crossing), I don't really see how adding a stochastic indicator would help to make the trades more profitable (I assume that the Stochastic Indicator would somehow make the trade occur nearer to the peak than just after the peak where the PPO itself would make the trade).

Could you please give a little more detail on how these indicators actually interact to Buy and Sell.

Thanks,

Darrell
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: