Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:01:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 98 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC-TC] Deprived Mining Speculation (DMS)  (Read 198701 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ft73

Activity: 564
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 08:51:23 AM

The current price trend of DMS MINING is really difficult for me to understand. The price almost increases every day, when its value apparently decreases every day. This surprisingly made the buying MINING in the beginning of this round very profitable. The price increases by 20% plus around 1.6% dividend paid every day.

Apparently, people believe that its price is low because the difficulty isn't going up as much as it did last time.

I think DMS.Mining underperformed for weeks, its share value dropped way more than difficulty increases.
Finally it reached some kind of bottom and it's rebounding.

We'll see.

It either underperformed (in terms of share price development) or it was greatly overvalued and the low drop it saw was a correction. While DMS.MINING is still a better deal than other PMBs if you purely look at MH/BTC, but I'm convinced that the price still exceeds its true value.

I've done the most of my gain on  DMS.Mining, till now. More than on DMS.Selling.
Main reason being the high dividend yield (1% in average, but  recently i've bought some at about 2% yield / day).
I don't think i would consider it  'undervalued' or 'overvalued': it's risky, highly speculative and rewarding if you can handle it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hfleer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 08:53:35 AM

The current price trend of DMS MINING is really difficult for me to understand. The price almost increases every day, when its value apparently decreases every day. This surprisingly made the buying MINING in the beginning of this round very profitable. The price increases by 20% plus around 1.6% dividend paid every day.

The dividend will go down as difficulty rises.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 08:54:09 AM

Apparently, people believe that its price is low because the difficulty isn't going up as much as it did last time.

According to http://bitcoin.sipa.be/, the difficulty is already close to 700T. So even the next difficulty increase is not as big as last one, it will be close. I think I may stick to SELLING and enjoy those cheap shares due to higher MINING price.
ft73

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 08:55:37 AM

At least it will still be 1,2% daily yield next time, judging by trend.
Problem is not dividend, but share price. We'll see.

BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 08:56:42 AM

Yes, you are right. That's why I said "this round". During one round, usually 12 days, the dividend keeps the same.
Hfleer

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 09:01:59 AM

Yes, you are right. That's why I said "this round". During one round, usually 12 days, the dividend keeps the same.

Ok, i missed that.  I'm not sure how many will buy it just for a 'round' though.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
Hfleer

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 09:06:59 AM

At least it will still be 1,2% daily yield next time, judging by trend.

Yea, with these often you will see your dividend for a while, but it might not make up for how much you lose with large declines in share price.  Mining is much better valued going by the dividend that it has been in the past, with falling in price a lot up until a week ago.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 09:08:54 AM

At least it will still be 1,2% daily yield nex time, judging by trend.

Yes, I agree with you. The key is the share price. Apparently, now the share price is not closely related to the value, but mainly based on how many people are interested in mining. People will buy mining boxes even they will never break even. Similarly, they may buy MINING due to its low price. Demands push up the price, so at last even if the price is above its value, the buyer can still make profit as long as there are enough new comers. So it's risky and profitable.
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 09:10:31 AM

I think DMS.Mining underperformed for weeks, its share value dropped way more than difficulty increases.

We'll see.

It either underperformed (in terms of share price development) or it was greatly overvalued and the low drop it saw was a correction. While DMS.MINING is still a better deal than other PMBs if you purely look at MH/BTC, but I'm convinced that the price still exceeds its true value.

I've done the most of my gain on  DMS.Mining, till now. More than on DMS.Selling.
Main reason being the high dividend yield (1% in average, but  recently i've bought some at about 2% yield day).
I don't think i would consider it  'undervalued' or 'overvalued': it's risky, highly speculative and rewarding if you can handle it.

You made your profits by speculating (buying and selling at the right time) rather than investing. But in that way, you can make money with pretty much any asset, including borderline scams. Terms like 'undervalued' and 'overvalued' apply to the more long term where you invest in an asset. If you would have bought into MINING not long after the start and just held it, you would've lost most of your money by now.

I've more than doubled the amount of coins I originally put into DMS, primarily through just holding SELLING. I gained a bit by arbitrage and flipping, but that's a smaller part of my profits compared to simply holding SELLING.
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 09:12:25 AM

Ok, i missed that.  I'm not sure how many will buy it just for a 'round' though.

Yes, I believe keeping SELLING will be profitable in long run. I am just noticing sometimes holding MINING for a short period can be very profitable. I think you will agree get 30% in just 1 week cannot be a bad deal.
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 09:15:59 AM

We'll see.

Main reason being the high dividend yield (1% in average, but  recently i've bought some at about 2% yield day).
I don't think i would consider it  'undervalued' or 'overvalued': it's risky, highly speculative and rewarding if you can handle it.

You made your profits by speculating (buying and selling at the right time) rather than investing. But in that way, you can make money with pretty much any asset, including borderline scams. Terms like 'undervalued' and 'overvalued' apply to the more long term where you invest in an asset. If you would have bought into MINING not long after the start and just held it, you would've lost most of your money by now.

I've more than doubled the amount of coins I originally put into DMS, primarily through just holding SELLING. I gained a bit by arbitrage and flipping, but that's a smaller part of my profits compared to simply holding SELLING.

Exactly, you post is much better than what I want to say.

Holding SELLING is investing. Buy and sell MINING at the right time is speculating. Could be profitable but highly risky.
ft73

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 09:24:48 AM

We'll see.

Holding SELLING is investing. Buy and sell MINING at the right time is speculating. Could be profitable but highly risky.

As the outcome is the same, i fail to see differeneces other than in strategy.
Personally i owned (own) both SELLING and MINING.

Telling SELLING is "investing" sounds wrong to me, it really depends on market.
What was 'right' yesterday will not be necessarily true tomorrow (or today).
SELLING is just the opposite face of MINING.
Hfleer

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 09:35:53 AM

We'll see.

Either is an investment really.  If Mining was originally being bought for 15-20 days of dividends that would be the profitable security right now and Selling would've lost money.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
Rannasha

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 10:21:01 AM

We'll see.

Either is an investment really.  If Mining was originally being bought for 15-20 days of dividends that would be the profitable security right now and Selling would've lost money.

It may just be a matter of definition, but I think an investment is something more long term than the length of a difficulty-cycle. MINING can definitely make you money if you correctly anticipate its short-term price movements and buy/sell based on that, but until very recently, it has been a losing proposition to hold them for a longer period. And right now it may still be, but it has become less clear.
Deprived (OP)

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 04:08:58 PM

Sold   400
Swapped   0
Total   400
Price   0.02066
Total   8.264
Less Fee   8.247472
Man Fee   0.24742416

BTC Balance (BTC-TC)    1,903.24357896
10079 LTC-ATF.B1    100.79000000
Coinlenders CD 28/8   202.9453678
Coinlenders CD 12/9    100.48400322
Just-Dice Balance    243.50000000
TOTAL ASSETS    2,550.96294999

Outstanding MINING   116440
Outstanding SELLING   116440
Outstanding PURCHASE   13170
Effective Units   129610

Block reward   25
Difficulty   50810339
Hashes per MINING   5000000

Daily Dividend    0.00004949
50 days (Min Liquid)    0.00247443
100 days (Forced Close)    0.00494886
365 days (Buyback)    0.01806334
405 days (IPO)    0.02004288
400 days (Post SELLING div)    0.01979544
410 days (Pre SELLING div)    0.02029033

NAV Post MINING Div    2,544.54873244
NAV/U Post MINING Div    0.01963235
Days Dividend Post Div   396.70
SELLING Dividend    -         
NAV Post SELLING Div    2,544.54873244
NAV/U Post Selling Div    0.01963235
PURCHASE selling price    0.02061
PURCHASE buy-back price    0.01924

J-D House profit at report   5372
Rannasha

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:50:33 PM

Transfer bot broke down?
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 09:18:28 PM

Yes, I believe keeping SELLING will be profitable in long run.
This makes me skeptic about why you believe that.

SELLING price "in the longest run" is PURCHASE-"MINING total divs", if you instead treat it like a regular asset you're on your way to giving free money to other people, instead.

SELLING according to my calculations has been very profitable up until a few days ago, when it reached the right price, at which the obvious rational choice was to sell it.

Of course my calculations might be wrong, but at least they aren't a worthless and dangerous "gut feeling".

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
Franktank

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 10:46:32 PM

Yes, I believe keeping SELLING will be profitable in long run.
This makes me skeptic about why you believe that.

SELLING price "in the longest run" is PURCHASE-"MINING total divs", if you instead treat it like a regular asset you're on your way to giving free money to other people, instead.

SELLING according to my calculations has been very profitable up until a few days ago, when it reached the right price, at which the obvious rational choice was to sell it.

Of course my calculations might be wrong, but at least they aren't a worthless and dangerous "gut feeling".

Then according your calculations, difficulty will only increase linearly from here then? As long as the total network hash rate continues to increase like it has, SELLING will remain profitable.
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 10:51:10 PM

Then according your calculations, difficulty will only increase linearly from here then? As long as the total network hash rate continues to increase like it has, SELLING will remain profitable.
No.
Price is paramount, never forget that.
According to my calculations, SELLING will return as dividends its price, so there's no reason not to just sell it and get the cash now.
(I've happily made profits so far, and I really enjoyed playing with this security! gg deprived!)

Here's the link to the spreadsheet, but please notice that it is not as polished as the other one.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 04:44:24 AM

Then according to your calculations, difficulty will only increase linearly from here then? As long as the total network hash rate continues to increase like it has, SELLING will remain profitable.

If difficulty increases linearly, the mining dividends will eventually consume all the assets. SELLING is only profitable if difficulty increase s exponentially and at some minimum rate. That rate is about 30% for the current price of MINING.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 98 »
  Print  

Jump to: