Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:20:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631708 times)
Nasakiotoes

Activity: 116
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 05:51:57 PM

There have been lots of suggestions, schemes, and plans to help ixcoin but markm's support columns is easily helping the most. Hats off to you mark.

I believe this is the best way to help ixcoin. Forget marketing, websites, etc. Just build buy and sell columns. And build over ,as mark suggests, namecoin, devcoin, ixcoin, and iocoin. Maybe this can even be coordinated to some extent or mark could even control some sort of community fund for such purposes.

With end result being proper prices of course

That you markm with all the 100 quantity buy and sell walls on cryptsy?

Yeah unfortunately I have had to do them each 5 satoshis of price for IXCoin instead of the every satoshi of price I prefer, but hopefully I can thicken that up once the sell offers start being bought.

I am taking my time building the buys back up to 10k satoshis again as by going slow it allows time for weak hands to dump to me at these pathetically low prices before I bother going back up again and certainly before pushing back to the 16k to 18k satoshis that prevailed in the long-ago.

Ultimately of course the goal is still $1 or more per coin, but I think that will require also supporting NaMeCoin getting it back up over $1 as most likely folks are not going to support I0Coin and IXCoin at $1 and more unless they see NaMeCoin well up over $1.

Basically we will most likely have to support all the merged mined family eventually to give them all the best chances.

DeVCoin has been the best consistent money-maker though, as its periodic breakouts to 8 or more satoshis are pretty profitable when most of the coins you sell for such prices were picked up down at 3 satoshis. Even nicer on those very infrequent occassions when you can pick a few up at 2 satoshis. To think they used to hover around 30 though, hmm, will be nice to see them back up there again...

I expect most of my bitcoins for strengthening the IXCoin and I0Coin buy sides will end up coming from DeVCoin market-making profits.

I think of those piles of offers as columns rather than as walls though, as usually when folks talk about a wall it is just one huge offer, so that once it is broken through there is a massive hole on the other side of it. I prefer columns, so no matter how high or low folks want to push there is always something there waiting for them to push against. Actual depth instead of just a thin crust.

-MarkM-

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nasakiotoes

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:02:40 PM

I'd also like to commend markm for his suggestions on purpose for coins.

ie: why not trade virtual currencies for virtual goods on a virtual world.

Now i'm not very familar with the galactic system, use, setup, etc that has been mentioned but it would be great to have a barter world setup.

A place to sell virtual goods, (game items, players, etc) for ixcoins, namecoins, devcoins, iocoins.

And of course a place that could give virtual currency loans backed by virtual goods.

But i don't know why all i can think about is master blaster from barter town.

Nasakiotoes

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:54:36 PM

Thanks, i continued the conversation on that thread.

Well, you could start from here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1008100.msg10939417#msg10939417

There have been lots of suggestions, schemes, and plans to help ixcoin but markm's support columns is easily helping the most. Hats off to you mark.

I believe this is the best way to help ixcoin. Forget marketing, websites, etc. Just build buy and sell columns. And build over ,as mark suggests, namecoin, devcoin, ixcoin, and iocoin. Maybe this can even be coordinated to some extent or mark could even control some sort of community fund for such purposes.

Yeah unfortunately I have had to do them each 5 satoshis of price for IXCoin instead of the every satoshi of price I prefer, but hopefully I can thicken that up once the sell offers start being bought.

I am taking my time building the buys back up to 10k satoshis again as by going slow it allows time for weak hands to dump to me at these pathetically low prices before I bother going back up again and certainly before pushing back to the 16k to 18k satoshis that prevailed in the long-ago.

Ultimately of course the goal is still $1 or more per coin, but I think that will require also supporting NaMeCoin getting it back up over $1 as most likely folks are not going to support I0Coin and IXCoin at $1 and more unless they see NaMeCoin well up over $1.

Basically we will most likely have to support all the merged mined family eventually to give them all the best chances.

DeVCoin has been the best consistent money-maker though, as its periodic breakouts to 8 or more satoshis are pretty profitable when most of the coins you sell for such prices were picked up down at 3 satoshis. Even nicer on those very infrequent occassions when you can pick a few up at 2 satoshis. To think they used to hover around 30 though, hmm, will be nice to see them back up there again...

I expect most of my bitcoins for strengthening the IXCoin and I0Coin buy sides will end up coming from DeVCoin market-making profits.

I think of those piles of offers as columns rather than as walls though, as usually when folks talk about a wall it is just one huge offer, so that once it is broken through there is a massive hole on the other side of it. I prefer columns, so no matter how high or low folks want to push there is always something there waiting for them to push against. Actual depth instead of just a thin crust.

-MarkM-

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 10:04:52 PM

-MarkM-

Manipulating an exchange market is helping the coin ?
News flash.. the value of a coin is meaningless.. trying to prop up the value of a coin in desperation proves nothing.
I seen a guy do that for ages with IFC looong ago.. it sure helped, look at IFC now LOL
one word.. FUTURE

FUD first & ask questions later™
Nasakiotoes

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 11:03:23 PM

Id say in this case it is adding liquidity. But you are free to make up your own opinion.

-MarkM-

Manipulating an exchange market is helping the coin ?
News flash.. the value of a coin is meaningless.. trying to prop up the value of a coin in desperation proves nothing.
I seen a guy do that for ages with IFC looong ago.. it sure helped, look at IFC now LOL
one word.. FUTURE

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 11:24:51 PM

Money is like an I.O.U. - When you give someone money in return for goods and services there is generally at least to some extent an understanding that what you are giving them is valuable, that it is something you yourself would accept under similar circumstances, it is not some garbage you are dumping on a sucker but, rather, something you would happily accept back in return for other kinds of value.

Thus it seems appropriate as a seller of coins to also be willing to buy the damn things.

It is market-making, liquidity-providing, and also in a way very similar to a shop offering to allow customers to return purchased goods if they choose to, minus a small re-stocking fee (the spread).

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 11:40:57 PM

markm i think what your saying is your intentions are to acquire the coins and help it in the process right ?
what i was driving at was, intentions.
some people have had no intention other than to manipulate markets (to make money)
some have done that to help save the coin etc.
but it seems to me like a band-aid matter because if the coin is desired by people it will have value intrinsically.
and the value will be asigned based on quality of the product.. simple basics.

what i was concerned about is FAKE value.
just because some exchange says a coin is worth some arbitrary amount means nothing.

what should be done is working on things like adoption to add value etc.
Like that guy said earlier..

now that concerns me because it sounds like a we tried and failed so lets try and prop up the market as a last ditch effort..
help ixcoin ?
i suggest you boys get your ass in gear and get the coin adopted by the general public.. and fast !
if i knew a coin had a good future 100% i wouldn't even care if it was on an exchange at all.
i would be looking at the future.. not what some coin is trading for on Cryptsy right now

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 11:50:09 PM

if i knew a coin had a good future 100% i wouldn't even care if it was on an exchange at all.
i would be looking at the future.. not what some coin is trading for on Cryptsy right now

Ah well for that we have other members of the SHA256 merged mined coins family, such asGRouPcoin (GRP), which has a pool (mmpool.org) but not yet any exchange, and CoiLedCoin (CLC) and GeistGeld (XGG) which have no pools and no exchanges.

So for those looking to the long term, those are the nice sleeper coins to accumulate while accumulation is easy.

I0Coin and IXCoin though are relatively easy to accumulate right now, as people keep throwing them onto my slowly being built buy-side order-books despite my still being far away from having those order-books built up to where they were back before Vircurex stopped honouring bitcoin deposits.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Nasakiotoes

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 01:19:18 AM

@spoetnik

I don't pretend to have all the answers but wish to look for them. There is interesting things about all of these different coins, clones etc; and being that ixcoin is one of the first clones it would seem appropriate that we look for purposes for these first.

I can think of many different scenerios where it is advantageous to have many copies of bitcoin. For instance what if gavin had fucked up bitcoin. What if it is already fucked up. Isn't it advantageous to have alternatives that are readily available?

But in a sea of people acting shady i can understand how you could misinterpret my words as someone trying to pull a fast one. Being that this is a todo thread i am mearly making suggestions of purpose. And that maybe if someone out there wanted a strategy to support ixcoin they could easily help build buy/sell columns.

zebedee
Donator

Activity: 668
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 03:29:59 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but this turd lost its only block explorer?
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 04:46:26 AM

Apparently some exchanges also have explorers for the coins they handle, I don't know which ones though nor whether it includes any that trade in IXCoins.

By the way I checked my I0Coin's listtransactions and saw that Vircurex has in fact sent me my 18,000+ I0Coins.

-MarkM-

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 11:26:11 AM

I've been MIA in Europe so I'm wondering if f2pool ever pumped up the difficulty yet.

Good to see Spoetnik on here, I agree it's all about adoption. 

Zebedee, well, you know how I feel about you.  lol

Cinnamon, I can't believe you beat me to legendary - life truly is unjust.  haha.

Deadsea33, see you soon?  Wink

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 01:50:15 PM

I still have those Max coins you gave me eh.
And you don't come by enough (at least with that account name)
I just seen a guy with his avatar saying he had 52 Bitcoin domains for sale and i thought VLAD !!!
I recall you saying you had a lot and were planning on selling some like 3 years ago on Cryptsy chat.
yeah i still have a VERY good memory Wink

Crypto Life ..it's all about the transition from Pampers™ to --> Depends™

EDIT:
So what is the deal with IXCoin these days ? Status ?

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 10:48:38 PM

lol

i just noticed that

don't sweat it Vlad, everyone around here considers you legendary  Tongue

difficulty has been steady holding between 750 - 800 million

enjoy your travels and don't take any 'wooden nickels'  Cheesy

I've been MIA in Europe so I'm wondering if f2pool ever pumped up the difficulty yet.

Good to see Spoetnik on here, I agree it's all about adoption. 

Zebedee, well, you know how I feel about you.  lol

Cinnamon, I can't believe you beat me to legendary - life truly is unjust.  haha.

Deadsea33, see you soon?  Wink

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
Andrelvogue

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 08:50:58 AM

Thanks for this. And yeah everyone seem to know you so welcome back Cheesy
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2015, 07:34:01 AM

Not sure what you all are seeing

I have blockheight 285479

"time" : 1446275693,

"difficulty" : 792335032.86030364,

hash is 1b631ca367cc67477d15dd4ecc436b7828f1cebb705360f407a148ab5827104c

So I see no issue , ix still has 3-4x the difficulty of PPC and that is not even taking into account a majority of ppc blocks are produced by stake, if it was proof of work only with 10 min blocks it's difficulty would by much less ...........

The ix chain is moving,

As far as exchanges,  I hear Cryptsy does not allow withdrawal of coins now and I have not traded there in a long time so that is an issue since most iX trade volume used to be there. Maybe it still is??

Cex is a first class operation but with low trade vol. on iX last few times I checked.

I think Shapeshift io is about the best option, instant exchange for several other coins.

I have not heard anythying about the larger pools adding ix back or just adding ix to merge mining lately.

As far as i know cex io is providing a majority of the resources and hashpower and mm pool also....

Correct me if I am wrong. 

Months ago........ F2 pool did a pull request and I tested it and merged it quickly to the 9.3 source but I am guessing they are waiting for others to upgrade to the newer codebase before turning on again.... just a guess...........   

Regardless for all of those who are going to abandon iX while the chain is still moving you can just dump your iX here

xfVXye9dhgzwRGuReXNmnRHsPPWkzkkyxQ

I will watch that iX address,  my guess is not one coin will show up.........

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
Yoshi24517

Activity: 126

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 04:34:50 PM

My question is that why did Ixcoin not start with an "I" in the address instead of "x"?

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2015, 11:54:44 AM

My question is that why did Bitcoin not start with a "B" in the address instead of "1"?

Maybe cause it was the first coin ever.  Makes sense.  X instead of i doesn't make much sense to me although X is an easy letter to remember so I'm ok with it. 

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2015, 01:40:52 PM

It would have been very convenient though if all coins used the same system, so you would only need to post one address for people to send coins to regardless of which coin / which blockchain.

We did that with DeVCoin so that we could use people's existing bitcoin addresses to send devcoins to for them, so they would not need to get a devcoin wallet and create a devcoin address in order to be eligible to receive devcoins.

-MarkM-

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2015, 07:03:53 PM

It would have been very convenient though if all coins used the same system, so you would only need to post one address for people to send coins to regardless of which coin / which blockchain.

We did that with DeVCoin so that we could use people's existing bitcoin addresses to send devcoins to for them, so they would not need to get a devcoin wallet and create a devcoin address in order to be eligible to receive devcoins.

-MarkM-

I think that will happen when we go to bits. 

Pages: « 1 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: