Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:38:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 [406] 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ctya

Activity: 297
Merit: 30

View Profile
October 10, 2019, 06:50:54 PM

Dear DVC admins,

I understand you are struggling with website hosting for the devtome site due to your very recent discovery about the requirements.

However, I wanted to remind you that you need to move the domain registration very soon.

The devtome.com domain registration has not been moved yet.  Please move it.

cheers

ctya

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
develCuy

Activity: 470
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2019, 03:09:09 AM

Dear DVC admins,

I understand you are struggling with website hosting for the devtome site due to your very recent discovery about the requirements.

However, I wanted to remind you that you need to move the domain registration very soon.

The devtome.com domain registration has not been moved yet. Please move it.

cheers

ctya

Thanks for the heads up, there is an alternative plan awaiting for you in the admins forum.

- develCuy

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
develCuy

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2019, 07:13:55 AM

I do receive at the moment 3 ongoing shares: one as a wallet tester and two as Share administrator.  I wish to move them to the OpsFund, so we can continue funding the project.

Thank you!

Go Devcoin!

Thanks for your generosity Qtera! I'm creating an Operations Fund with those 3 shares starting from round 99.

Everybody is welcome to hand over ongoing shares in favor of any of the current funds: Development, Operations, DevSTEEM, Devtome, Exchange.

Go go Devcoin!

- develCuy

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
develCuy

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2019, 08:08:23 AM

Dear Devtome staff,

As you might already know, Devtome was assigned 50 shares for funding from round 98. Yet, your ongoing shares stayed assigned in aims of having you work along Novacadian on Devtome's renewal. Also, it allowed to fill the Devtome fund with some liquidity for the expected future expenses. I know first hand of all the efforts run by Novacadian, trying to contact you, asking for your help, proposing ideas and asking for your feedback. Unfortunately, I have only seen Nova letting me know of shares to remove, round after round. In conclusion, I have only seen Novacadian doing most of the Devtome renewal job alone. This is not good because Devtome is basically frozen, if staff is not working on the renewal, we have a red flag!

Your inactivity for the last rounds can only have one meaning: For some reason, you can't continue contributing to Devtome. In consequence, I can't hold your ongoing shares for longer and they should be reassigned.

Btw, you still have time, a little shorter because we are about to launch round 99 in ~2 weeks, but we are still having active discussions in the admins forum. If you missed it, then you aren't still subscribed, it means that you missed Novadian's invitation (again), so go ahead and contact Nova to get your account activated.

NOTE: Given that each round is prepared with one week in advance, it only allows one week from today to make decisions. So you actually have only one week left. In short, the actual deadline for preventing the reassignment of your ongoing shares is October 18th, 2019.

- develCuy

P.S: Check this page to confirm that your ongoing shares belong to a Devtome duty: https://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_human_resources

ctya

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 03:16:10 PM

Dear DVC admins,

The devtome.com domain registration has not been moved yet. Please move it.

cheers

ctya

Thanks for the heads up, there is an alternative plan awaiting for you in the admins forum.

- develCuy

develCuy now has the credentials for devtome.com and will take over hosting of the site.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 02:20:21 AM

Dear Devtome staff,

As you might already know, Devtome was assigned 50 shares for funding from round 98. Yet, your ongoing shares stayed assigned in aims of having you work along Novacadian on Devtome's renewal. Also, it allowed to fill the Devtome fund with some liquidity for the expected future expenses. I know first hand of all the efforts run by Novacadian, trying to contact you, asking for your help, proposing ideas and asking for your feedback. Unfortunately, I have only seen Nova letting me know of shares to remove, round after round. In conclusion, I have only seen Novacadian doing most of the Devtome renewal job alone. This is not good because Devtome is basically frozen, if staff is not working on the renewal, we have a red flag!

Your inactivity for the last rounds can only have one meaning: For some reason, you can't continue contributing to Devtome. In consequence, I can't hold your ongoing shares for longer and they should be reassigned.

Btw, you still have time, a little shorter because we are about to launch round 99 in ~2 weeks, but we are still having active discussions in the admins forum. If you missed it, then you aren't still subscribed, it means that you missed Novadian's invitation (again), so go ahead and contact Nova to get your account activated.

NOTE: Given that each round is prepared with one week in advance, it only allows one week from today to make decisions. So you actually have only one week left. In short, the actual deadline for preventing the reassignment of your ongoing shares is October 18th, 2019.

- develCuy

P.S: Check this page to confirm that your ongoing shares belong to a Devtome duty: https://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_human_resources

I would like to still get whatever shares I get as a file admin. I believe I also get some shares for signing up new writers. Well, I haven't signed up anyone in years, so I'm fine with forfeiting those shares for now. Should my role as a new writer signup admin become active again, then we can touch base about getting those shares back, but until then it doesn't make sense to get paid for something I'm not doing. I do put in some effort in maintaining the receiver files and there is a small cost for maintaining that server, so I definitely want to keep receiving all file admin shares that I have been receiving to date. Thanks Smiley
develCuy

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2019, 09:57:23 PM

Novacadian is the new Interim Devtome Administrator. The 2 ongoing shares from the former Devtome Administrator will be reassigned to the new one from round 99.

- develCuy

develCuy

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2019, 10:27:12 PM

We initially had 14 shares assigned to the fund, then 25 shares where assigned on round 98. For round 99, the 2 shares from the resigning Devcoin Developer will be reassigned to this fund, it means that they total 41 ongoing shares for the Devcoin Software Development Fund (DevFund).

19hM1CJzN2FYiR8CcrEe2X7SbJ69xH8nZ6 is the official address of DevFund.

- develCuy

develCuy

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2019, 10:47:48 PM

The 18 ongoing shares previously assigned to Ctya, and its corresponding 1 administrator share are now assigned to the new address of the Exchange Fund, in a similar fashion to the other funds, it can be tracked with the official address 1n58SBkjTAGfMivACgkaAkRY9Q7pjNeRB

- develCuy

develCuy

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2019, 11:33:30 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2019, 05:03:59 PM by develCuy

The Operations Fund started thanks to Qtera and it is now receiving all the ongoing shares from the expiring Devtome, Ctya's and other abandoned roles. Following the details

Article Administrator: 1 share
Category Administrator: 1 share
Cryptocoincharts Maintenance: 2/5 shares
Inspector Factotum: 1 share
Node Maintenance: 2/5 share
Share Administrator: 2 shares
Wallet Tester: 1 share
Web Factotum: 1 share
Portal Maintenance: 2/5 share
2 Signing Administrators: 4 shares

Total: 61/5 ongoing shares (12 + 1/5)

1F272RtCW9TKvYA3YUMA9AZ3xbxJjaoBEQ is the official address of OpsFund.

- develCuy

novacadian

Activity: 232
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2019, 03:48:20 PM

DevTome Update

There have been some adjustments to the plan moving forward with DevTome as first explained in a recent post on this thread found at :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=233997.msg52650234#msg52650234

After reviewing the costs associated with hosting DevTome, bandwidth-wise, it is hard to see the value it is bringing to the project at this time. That is not to mean that the content does not have potential value as we move towards #DevSTEEM. 

The big difference from the original proposal will be that DevTome will be set up behind password protection so that admins can access it to be able to pick and choose what will then be posted on the STEEM blockchain using the tag devtome, thus removing the concern over bandwidth usage. We will also pick only Ad Sense friendly content so that we can eventually run a community/team of our own on the STEEM blockchain and gain a revenue stream from DevTome's content - as was its original unfulfilled goal.

MarkM is putting together a scheme whereby the devtome.com traffic can be redirected to the STEEM blockchain so that links using DevTome urls will continue to work.

Ongoing contribution to DevTome will happen through the use of the devtome community on the STEEM Blockchain. This will likely include upvotes from our @devcoin account on approved content as well as a possible revenue split on Ad Revenue once we have our own Community STEEM Node operational and displaying banner ads while displaying DevTome content.

We are in the process of getting the content holding site online. It will be given password protection so that Administrators can begin the process of sorting through the DevTome content and begin the port to the STEEM blockchain.

More to follow, hopefully, shortly.

- Nova (DevTome Administrator)

DVC Address : 1EfsiVUECqmR5Qx7C4PkmwadDXYuSGzssL
develCuy

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2019, 12:58:36 AM

This means that all rewards from the old devtome.com are now suspended. In other words, there aren't going to be new rewards for marketing from round 99.

- develCuy

DevTome Update

There have been some adjustments to the plan moving forward with DevTome as first explained in a recent post on this thread found at :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=233997.msg52650234#msg52650234

After reviewing the costs associated with hosting DevTome, bandwidth-wise, it is hard to see the value it is bringing to the project at this time. That is not to mean that the content does not have potential value as we move towards #DevSTEEM. 

The big difference from the original proposal will be that DevTome will be set up behind password protection so that admins can access it to be able to pick and choose what will then be posted on the STEEM blockchain using the tag devtome, thus removing the concern over bandwidth usage. We will also pick only Ad Sense friendly content so that we can eventually run a community/team of our own on the STEEM blockchain and gain a revenue stream from DevTome's content - as was its original unfulfilled goal.

MarkM is putting together a scheme whereby the devtome.com traffic can be redirected to the STEEM blockchain so that links using DevTome urls will continue to work.

Ongoing contribution to DevTome will happen through the use of the devtome community on the STEEM Blockchain. This will likely include upvotes from our @devcoin account on approved content as well as a possible revenue split on Ad Revenue once we have our own Community STEEM Node operational and displaying banner ads while displaying DevTome content.

We are in the process of getting the content holding site online. It will be given password protection so that Administrators can begin the process of sorting through the DevTome content and begin the port to the STEEM blockchain.

More to follow, hopefully, shortly.

- Nova (DevTome Administrator)

novacadian

Activity: 232
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2019, 07:38:43 PM

Attention DevCoin Administrators

Now that DevTome is behind password protection while still being online acsessable to admins, it is time to think of the move from the online Wiki to the STEEM Blockchain. The first order of business should be the DevCoin related postings like the Human Resources Page, etc,, There are a great number of them from a quick look earlier. New rewards will be worked out for the new tasks of finding content in DevTome and moving it to the STEEM blockchain through postings from our STEEM @devcoin account. All admins are encouraged to join the discussion in the DevCoin Forum to have a voice in those decisions.

As time goes on the hope is to reward DVC for posts using the DevTome community/team/tag in their STEEM postings, yet that is still up the road. Running our own community/tribe node is also an aspiration which would display only DevTome content from the STEEM Blockchaian. The main objective in the near future will be to port Ad Sense acceptable Proof of Brain Admin approved content from DevTome to the STEEM blockchain using appropriate tags.

Any Admin that wishes to be part of the port please make that intention known on the DevCoin Forum. Once our present human resources are fully tapped then we will reach out to the wider community for candidates.

#DevSTEEM On!

- Nova

DVC Address : 1EfsiVUECqmR5Qx7C4PkmwadDXYuSGzssL
develCuy

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2019, 11:27:36 AM

Almost all file custodians are synced right now, except http://show-me-the-devcoin.info who's custodian I can't reach. If you know how to contact that person, please help us.

Also, we have some little -yet very important- changes to the source code. I have updated the default seed nodes, DNS seeds and receiver files mirrors in the source code, given that we had many of them not working any longer. A detail of the changes can be found here: https://github.com/devcoin/core/commits/master

All wallet testers along Windows and Linux administrators, please build the latest version of Devcoin from https://github.com/devcoin/core/ master branch, and report your findings in the issue queue: https://github.com/devcoin/core/issues/new

Go go Devcoin!

- develCuy

Qtera

Activity: 161
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2019, 06:15:43 AM

Almost all file custodians are synced right now, except http://show-me-the-devcoin.info who's custodian I can't reach. If you know how to contact that person, please help us.

Also, we have some little -yet very important- changes to the source code. I have updated the default seed nodes, DNS seeds and receiver files mirrors in the source code, given that we had many of them not working any longer. A detail of the changes can be found here: https://github.com/devcoin/core/commits/master

All wallet testers along Windows and Linux administrators, please build the latest version of Devcoin from https://github.com/devcoin/core/ master branch, and report your findings in the issue queue: https://github.com/devcoin/core/issues/new

Go go Devcoin!

- develCuy

Done compiling the wallet in Linux Mint and synchronizing it! I followed the step-by-step guide to compile it in here: https://steemit.com/busy/@cpol/how-to-compile-your-very-own-devcoin-wallet-in-ubuntu-18-04

Compiling process and wallet sync ran as expected without any problems. I didn't sync it from scratch, but it seems a little bit slower to sync than my previous compiled version.  No bugs to report in github.

• Client version: v0.8.5.1-g25a7d46-beta
  • Build date: 2019-10-23 10:01:28 -0500
  • Current number of blocks: 395966
  • Last block time: fri oct 25 23:34:58 2019
  • Last receiver: 98

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Devcoin address: 122fZgNs8jL72jbUFstnpvG6EE8GFJA2Xr
Steemit Profile Account
sawa
Legendary

Activity: 1308
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 03:44:15 PM

Go go Devcoin!

- develCuy
After starting the daemon, this message is displayed in the console:
Number of pages in getCommonOutputByText: 7
Insufficient identical pages in getCommonOutputByText.
Warning, writeFileText in receiver.h won't write the file:
/home/user/.devcoin/receiver/receiver_99.csv
because the text is blank.
This is normal?

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2019, 07:51:57 PM

Anybody else [besides myself] notice the block reward drop to 2500? 

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
orimar

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 08:22:29 PM

Go go Devcoin!

- develCuy

What about Mac OS users? The GUI wallet looks old as heck. Any updates?
ctya

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 02:21:24 AM

The reward was 50,000 until this round.
Now it is suddenly 2,500
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dvc/block.dws?396066.htm

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2019, 07:26:25 AM

The reward was 50,000 until this round.
Now it is suddenly 2,500
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dvc/block.dws?396066.htm

I know, that’s why I was asking what happened. 

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Pages: « 1 ... 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 [406] 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: