Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:11:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 [407] 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
develCuy

Activity: 470
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2019, 05:19:17 PM

I can confirm that starting from block 396000 (round 99) onward, there are only 2500 new coins being generated, and they are being paid enterily to miners. Also, none of my wallets are downloading the receiver_99.csv file, yet they are still downloading blocks.

My guess is that miners are generating blocks while ignoring the latest receiver file, which should never happen. This might be due to a bug or a network attack. We should first discard the bug. Which is not an easy task because there are different versions of devcoin running the network, we should analyze each of them individually.

- develCuy

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Traxo

Activity: 568
Merit: 703

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 08:56:11 PM
Merited by Vlad2Vlad (3)

I can confirm that starting from block 396000

Price of BTC today - $9630
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2019, 08:37:13 AM
Merited by develCuy (1)

I think it is simply doing what it is designed to do in the event that "file custodians" do not put the new receiver files online in time.

Basically it got to the start of the new round, could not find enough identical receiver files, which each node would have started to look for a different random number of blocks before the end of the previous round in order not to all go looking at once and in order to ensure by the time the new round began it would alreay have the new receiver file in place; thus it had to go ahead with this round without a receiver file, and to draw even the miner's attemption to that fact it halves even the miner's payout (to give miner an incentive to keep the file custodians doing their thing, and for the miners to actually use the receiver files).

So I think it is doing exactly what it is supposed to do.

Unthinkingbit was worried it was taking so long to get the files in place, as he figured about the 17th of the month they should have been in place.

(Or maybe he meant that by the 17th I should have generated the file for others to grab, so they could all grab it in plenty of time.)

Now I guess we will have to rename the 99 file as 100 and wait for the next round, which hopefully we won't be too late getting the files in place for.

And of course since the blockchain is running this round as a no-receive-rfile round, we have to get rid of those 99 files so anyone trying to catch up to the blockchain from scratch does not crap out on round 99 due to thinking it had a reeiver file when in fact at the time it actually happened in real life it did not.

It is important to have those files in plae BEFORE the first block of the new round is mined if we actually want a receiver file to be used for the round.

Basically we just dawdled and delayed and filed to have them in place by the 17th or whenever it was that nodes started going out looking for the next round receiver file so as to be ready when the new round came along.

This is something that obviously had to be done, since no way should the blockchain stall, user's transactions failing to transact and so on, merely due to file custodians screwing up.

By affecting the income of the miners to, it ensures the miners have an incentive to try to make sure there are resposible custodians who are doing their job on time.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Traxo

Activity: 568
Merit: 703

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 09:22:21 AM
Last edit: October 28, 2019, 10:59:49 AM by Traxo

Basically we just dawdled and delayed and filed to have them in place by the 17th or whenever it was that nodes started going out looking for the next round receiver file so as to be ready when the new round came along.

This is something that obviously had to be done, since no way should the blockchain stall, user's transactions failing to transact and so on, merely due to file custodians screwing up.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dvc/block.dws?396000
> Date/Time 2019-10-26 11:07:49

Why would nodes have to look for the files more than a week (if it's time based, and not block-number based?) in advance, and then presumably for some reason just ignore looking for them at all afterwards (up to just before the beginning of the next round, i.e. block 3999 of the current round)?
I understand the need for "some" time in advance, but weeks rather seems to be an overkill as it probably takes just few seconds to jump from node to node and get the files?
Even if we are talking about time less than a week, my point still stands I think.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2019, 12:07:28 PM

I am not sure how many blocks in advance is the biggest random number of blocks in advance that a node can choose to start trying to get the files.

It keeps trying until presumably it either succeeds or the round starts without the files.

I saw endless stream of node's complaints of not enough identical files since before the round began, but when I went looking after someone pointed out that minting had changed I noiced it has stopped pringing those complaints. So it looks like once the round has begun, or shortly after it has begun, without he files, it is too late to get the files.

Each rounded evidently does or does not have a receiver file in time.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
develCuy

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2019, 03:53:28 PM

I can confirm that starting from block 396000 (round 99) onward, there are only 2500 new coins being generated, and they are being paid enterily to miners. Also, none of my wallets are downloading the receiver_99.csv file, yet they are still downloading blocks.

My guess is that miners are generating blocks while ignoring the latest receiver file, which should never happen. This might be due to a bug or a network attack. We should first discard the bug. Which is not an easy task because there are different versions of devcoin running the network, we should analyze each of them individually.

- develCuy

Now we have the issue reported in the issue queue https://github.com/devcoin/core/issues/76

So far we know that round 99 started at block 396000 on 2019-10-26 11:07:49 UTC, and that at least 4 of the 7 file custodian mirrors where well setup by  2019-10-23 17:04:45 UTC or 2 days and 18 hours in advance to round 99. Yet, we should investigate further to determine if that was enough time in advance and if not having the next receiver file prior to generating block 396000 makes the nodes to halve miners rewards and not paying shares, as proposed by Markm.

- develCuy

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
develCuy

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2019, 05:17:07 PM

- develCuy

Now we have the issue reported in the issue queue https://github.com/devcoin/core/issues/76

So far we know that round 99 started at block 396000 on 2019-10-26 11:07:49 UTC, and that at least 4 of the 7 file custodian mirrors where well setup by  2019-10-23 17:04:45 UTC or 2 days and 18 hours in advance to round 99. Yet, we should investigate further to determine if that was enough time in advance and if not having the next receiver file prior to generating block 396000 makes the nodes to halve miners rewards and not paying shares, as proposed by Markm.

- develCuy

After studying the source code a bit more, I'm more convinced that we neither have a bug or a network attack, instead we have the miner nodes doing what they are programmed to do as Mark already said. Why are they generating only 2500 DVC per block? Because miner nodes are unable to validate that the 50% + 1 of file custodians have their mirror of receiver_99.csv in sync. For that reason they aren't downloading that file, rather they apply a programmed "fallback reduction" that lowers the rewards to 2500 DVC.

There is an assumption that we had to have the file custodians in sync 2 weeks in advance to the new round, but I can't confirm it yet. So far I read in the source code that miner nodes keep trying to download the next receiver file before, during and after discovering a new block and regular nodes do it when syncing the blockchain with the network.

Long history short, we currently have a contradiction, because the file custodians doesn't seem to be hosting the exactly same copy (bit by bit) of receiver_99.csv. At least, that is what the nodes "can say". But when I compare the files, they are exactly the same. Another option is that somehow the nodes aren't able to download all copies of the receiver file, they might be getting a truncated file or even empty. This idea is reinforced by the fact we had 3 file custodians outdated or with their server offline, the remaining 4 should be enough but it doesn't seem to be the case.

I keep debugging the source code for finding a solution. All help is welcome! We have an open issue here https://github.com/devcoin/core/issues/76

- develCuy

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2019, 12:31:21 AM

My nodes stopped complaining long ago now.

Are you sure miners behave differently?

It seems reasonable that once a round begins it is "too late", to keep trying to get the files after that just makes more and more of a re-organisation (fork undo) be needed if suddenly such files did appear.

Having such files available now seems likely to confuse any new nodes that try to catch up with the blockchain.

-MarkM-

develCuy

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2019, 08:02:59 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2019, 08:38:21 AM by develCuy
Merited by Traxo (1)

- develCuy

So far we know that round 99 started at block 396000 on 2019-10-26 11:07:49 UTC, and that at least 4 of the 7 file custodian mirrors where well setup by  2019-10-23 17:04:45 UTC or 2 days and 18 hours in advance to round 99. Yet, we should investigate further to determine if that was enough time in advance and if not having the next receiver file prior to generating block 396000 makes the nodes to halve miners rewards and not paying shares, as proposed by Markm.

- develCuy

After studying the source code a bit more, I'm more convinced that we neither have a bug or a network attack, instead we have the miner nodes doing what they are programmed to do as Mark already said. Why are they generating only 2500 DVC per block? Because miner nodes are unable to validate that the 50% + 1 of file custodians have their mirror of receiver_99.csv in sync. For that reason they aren't downloading that file, rather they apply a programmed "fallback reduction" that lowers the rewards to 2500 DVC.

There is an assumption that we had to have the file custodians in sync 2 weeks in advance to the new round, but I can't confirm it yet. So far I read in the source code that miner nodes keep trying to download the next receiver file before, during and after discovering a new block and regular nodes do it when syncing the blockchain with the network.

Long history short, we currently have a contradiction, because the file custodians doesn't seem to be hosting the exactly same copy (bit by bit) of receiver_99.csv. At least, that is what the nodes "can say". But when I compare the files, they are exactly the same. Another option is that somehow the nodes aren't able to download all copies of the receiver file, they might be getting a truncated file or even empty. This idea is reinforced by the fact we had 3 file custodians outdated or with their server offline, the remaining 4 should be enough but it doesn't seem to be the case.

I keep debugging the source code for finding a solution. All help is welcome! We have an open issue here https://github.com/devcoin/core/issues/76

- develCuy

I have finally figured out what is happening and I'm working on a fix. We had a mixture of situations:

1. Two custodians have their servers not working properly, they tend to go offline for different issues with their infrastructure
2. Ctya's server was shutdown in the middle of round 98, rather than at the end, not allowing Traxo to take over smoothly
3. Another custodian has enforced HTTPS connections but most of the miners nodes don't support it
4. The custodians not were in sync early enough for round 99

For the reasons above, we had 4 of the 7 mirrors "out of sync" for the standard of Devcoin blockchain, that leaves only 3 working mirrors when we need at least 4, the nodes are then rejecting the receiver files. The consequence of is that miners apply a penalty know as "fallback reduction", as an incentive for solving the issue with file custodians.

Hopefully, we can finally fix this situation, but it requires consensus from all the file custodians and perhaps adding a couple mirrors as I anticipated since previous rounds. My proposal is to implement one or two automated receiver files mirrors, so that we can lower the chance for this situation to happen again. Also, we have to be more strict with file custodians, if they are unreliable, we can't hold them for a single round more, and that is what I'm going to do from now on. Along releasing the receiver file earlier, we should define a safe deadline soon.

People interested on the technical details of what originated this situation please check the issue queue: https://github.com/devcoin/core/issues/76

Last but not least, the latest version of Devcoin supports HTTPS, but it looks like the majority of miners never managed to update their nodes. I don't blame them because we never released any official stable version for a long time. So we should do it now!

Let's clean up all the mess!

- develCuy

kickback

Activity: 240
Merit: 62

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 07:19:57 PM

What is point of all this when you have no trading activity on the exchange and nobody willing to trade it against bitcoin or dollars?What is coin any use for??
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2019, 02:45:51 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2019, 03:52:02 PM by markm

What is point of all this when you have no trading activity on the exchange and nobody willing to trade it against bitcoin or dollars?What is coin any use for??

This coin is the "unit of account" for a massive amount of "accounts receivable" and is also a "reserve currency".

There is also a whole "DeVCoin-based economy" in the Galactic Milieu in which quite a lot of DeVCoin is tied up.

The longer you-lot keep trying to make DeVCoin appear "worthless" the easier it is for debtors to pay off the over 2900 BILLION DeVCoins they owe.

If you-lot had upheld the value of the coin enough it might not have been necessary for the creditors to have to become so willing to accept payments against those accounts-receivable in coins other than DeVCoins themselves, thus the debtors would have had to actually BUY DeVCoins with which to make their payments. But that become totally impractical years ago when Devtome authors started just dumping their coins instead of inveting them into various facets of the DeVCoin-based economy. So you've maybe only yourselves to blame for the fact all that economic activity gets to just look up the supposed value of a DeVCoin and pay "an equivalent value" in some other currency of their choosing.

Then again maybe what was really going on was the authors on Devtome were the very same people who owed billions upon billions upon billions of DeVCoin? So had a big incentive to make sure the value of DeVCoin stayed as low as they could make it so that they could pay off those debts all the faster?

There are many currencies you can convert DeVCoin into, and even now there are still some of them that are still somehow managing to continue having a spot on various web-based "crypto exchanges".

It does keep getting harder, yes, because every time we manage to build up a good solid buy-side for one of our coins on one of the "exchanges" the "exchange" claims to have been hacked and runs off with all the coins, or it de-lists the coin due to the fact we tend to trade mostly over-the-counter or on HORIZON or STELLAR networks so maybe do not provide as much "volume" to the exchanges as they would like.

Partly this is also probably due to so many folks still not recognising how much the coins tie together, so as more and more of the coins that are still on "exchanges" fall off of them they do not see that as affecting some one particular coin they happen to favour, being as how they themselves maybe had not been in the habit of trading "their" coin for various of the others that are on exchanges.

The fact is the number of "our" coins that are still on exchanges has been shrinking for years, and some of them (CoiLedCoin, GRouPcoin, GeistGeld, TeneBriX and FairBrix come to mind) never even got onto any exchanges and no one seemed to care, maybe because they could always just trade them for DeVCoin, I0Coin or IXCoin all of which were still on exchanges.

But wake up folks, I am not sure I0Coin is on any exchanges anymore, I do not think IXCoin is on many, I am trying to start building buy-sides for GPL2, KED, SCIFI and QBT on LiveCoin but would not be surprised if as soon as I build them up strongly they will claim to have been hacked and run away with all the money. That is why I keep trying to just stick to HORIZON and STELLAR, at least there I know the coins are actually present and accounted for.

-MarkM-

novacadian

Activity: 232
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2019, 04:35:54 PM

... Novacadian blocked my access to the Devcoin admin forum.

Please get your facts straight before you try to defame me, yet again, with your paranoid BS. Anyway it weren't me.

- Nova

DVC Address : 1EfsiVUECqmR5Qx7C4PkmwadDXYuSGzssL
develCuy

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2019, 05:02:44 PM

UPDATE

We should have good and bad news soon, but the most important is that Devcoin is overcoming just another obstacle in a long journey with ups and downs.

File custodians are currently working to get the blockchain back to normal operation. We also need the miners to resync the blockchain when asked for, so please stay tuned!

Now I want to take a brief time to publicly share my wonder for the internal design of Devcoin. The current situation with file custodians encouraged me to deeply study the source code for understanding what is happening. I value so much all the learning and wish to have more people willing to learn from the hidden gems of Devcoin's source code that can only come from masterminds like Unthinkingbit's. Also, I want to thank Mark for taking time to share his rich knowledge of Devcoin and other cryptocurrencies, I would find it impossible to understand anything without his guidance. The quoted text below is perfect example of what I'm saying.

Last but not least, I should also mention Emfox, which is a very accountable person that is always willing to collaborate, which is critical for keep Devcoin blockchain operational.

Now I think that everybody collaborating in the team deserves acknowledgement, and I'll make sure to make specific mentions whenever possible.

OK, back to cleaning up our mess...

Go go Devcoin!

- develCuy

I think it is simply doing what it is designed to do in the event that "file custodians" do not put the new receiver files online in time.

Basically it got to the start of the new round, could not find enough identical receiver files, which each node would have started to look for a different random number of blocks before the end of the previous round in order not to all go looking at once and in order to ensure by the time the new round began it would alreay have the new receiver file in place; thus it had to go ahead with this round without a receiver file, and to draw even the miner's attemption to that fact it halves even the miner's payout (to give miner an incentive to keep the file custodians doing their thing, and for the miners to actually use the receiver files).

So I think it is doing exactly what it is supposed to do.

Unthinkingbit was worried it was taking so long to get the files in place, as he figured about the 17th of the month they should have been in place.

(Or maybe he meant that by the 17th I should have generated the file for others to grab, so they could all grab it in plenty of time.)

Now I guess we will have to rename the 99 file as 100 and wait for the next round, which hopefully we won't be too late getting the files in place for.

And of course since the blockchain is running this round as a no-receive-rfile round, we have to get rid of those 99 files so anyone trying to catch up to the blockchain from scratch does not crap out on round 99 due to thinking it had a reeiver file when in fact at the time it actually happened in real life it did not.

It is important to have those files in plae BEFORE the first block of the new round is mined if we actually want a receiver file to be used for the round.

By affecting the income of the miners to, it ensures the miners have an incentive to try to make sure there are resposible custodians who are doing their job on time.

-MarkM-

kickback

View Profile
November 01, 2019, 09:39:13 PM

This coin is the "unit of account" for a massive amount of "accounts receivable" and is also a "reserve currency".

There is also a whole "DeVCoin-based economy" in the Galactic Milieu in which quite a lot of DeVCoin is tied up.

The longer you-lot keep trying to make DeVCoin appear "worthless" the easier it is for debtors to pay off the over 2900 BILLION DeVCoins they owe.

If you-lot had upheld the value of the coin enough it might not have been necessary for the creditors to have to become so willing to accept payments against those accounts-receivable in coins other than DeVCoins themselves, thus the debtors would have had to actually BUY DeVCoins with which to make their payments. But that become totally impractical years ago when Devtome authors started just dumping their coins instead of inveting them into various facets of the DeVCoin-based economy. So you've maybe only yourselves to blame for the fact all that economic activity gets to just look up the supposed value of a DeVCoin and pay "an equivalent value" in some other currency of their choosing.

Then again maybe what was really going on was the authors on Devtome were the very same people who owed billions upon billions upon billions of DeVCoin? So had a big incentive to make sure the value of DeVCoin stayed as low as they could make it so that they could pay off those debts all the faster?

There are many currencies you can convert DeVCoin into, and even now there are still some of them that are still somehow managing to continue having a spot on various web-based "crypto exchanges".

It does keep getting harder, yes, because every time we manage to build up a good solid buy-side for one of our coins on one of the "exchanges" the "exchange" claims to have been hacked and runs off with all the coins, or it de-lists the coin due to the fact we tend to trade mostly over-the-counter or on HORIZON or STELLAR networks so maybe do not provide as much "volume" to the exchanges as they would like.

Partly this is also probably due to so many folks still not recognising how much the coins tie together, so as more and more of the coins that are still on "exchanges" fall off of them they do not see that as affecting some one particular coin they happen to favour, being as how they themselves maybe had not been in the habit of trading "their" coin for various of the others that are on exchanges.

The fact is the number of "our" coins that are still on exchanges has been shrinking for years, and some of them (CoiLedCoin, GRouPcoin, GeistGeld, TeneBriX and FairBrix come to mind) never even got onto any exchanges and no one seemed to care, maybe because they could always just trade them for DeVCoin, I0Coin or IXCoin all of which were still on exchanges.

But wake up folks, I am not sure I0Coin is on any exchanges anymore, I do not think IXCoin is on many, I am trying to start building buy-sides for GPL2, KED, SCIFI and QBT on LiveCoin but would not be surprised if as soon as I build them up strongly they will claim to have been hacked and run away with all the money. That is why I keep trying to just stick to HORIZON and STELLAR, at least there I know the coins are actually present and accounted for.

-MarkM-

Excuse me sir but IXCOIN,i0coin and Devcoin are all on freiexchange and there is zero liquidity on any of them.You cannot even sell DVC for 1 satoshi because there is no buy wall and a stack of DVC on sell side at 1 sat.IXCOIN has NO buyers and I0coin has no buyers.I could place 10k IXC and i0c for sale right now and nobody will buy and I cannot even get 1 sat for DVC so my point is why would anyone bother with these coins because in the end NOBODY is "here for the tech" and only money talks.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2019, 01:45:33 AM

Excuse me sir but IXCOIN,i0coin and Devcoin are all on freiexchange and there is zero liquidity on any of them.You cannot even sell DVC for 1 satoshi because there is no buy wall and a stack of DVC on sell side at 1 sat.IXCOIN has NO buyers and I0coin has no buyers.I could place 10k IXC and i0c for sale right now and nobody will buy and I cannot even get 1 sat for DVC so my point is why would anyone bother with these coins because in the end NOBODY is "here for the tech" and only money talks.

Oh cool I did not know I0Coin was still on any exchanges, I could not find it on CoinMarketCap to find out.

IXCoin has buy offers every satoshi of price all the way up on Yobit, though I admit there is probably good reason to be suspicious of Yobit since for literally years now I have been periodically reminding them in support tickets that the transaction they claimed to have sent my 140,000 or so AXIOM coins in does not exist on the AXIOM blockchain nor on the forked AXIOM blockchain that I split off as AXON when the fork was so bad it did not seem to be resolvable. They do not even respond to the support tickets. So I can understand why few people seem willing to risk trying them.

I do not know about Freiexchange, is that one that was created for Freicoin way back when or some new possibly fly-by-night exchange?

I am very reluctant to start committing resources to yet another new unknown exchange when so many have run off with our money already.

It kind of makes sense that you cannot sell DeVCoin for a whole satoshi given that it had been down to about a third of a satoshi on the previous exchange it had been on, where one of its pairs was LiTeCoin.

Mind you that too was a new out of the blue fly by night "exchange" that basically ran off with all our money so it is not really surprising that no one had been willing to build a strong buy-side there.

The only reason I am bothering to work on the buy sides of FED, GPL2 etc (the sci-fi themed coins) on LiveCoin.net, which for all I know is yet another exchange just biding its time waiting for the best moment to claim to have been hacked or to simply fly by night, is I have to be on there anyway right now to sell DMD thus have been doing DMD market-making on there, so I have been sidetracking little bits of bitcoin here and there from my DMD work to start building up Sci-Fi themed coins. Maybe we can get LiveCoin to create a DMD/DVC pair or something?

However, a whole lot of these coins can be traded on HORIZON against HZ (for which reason it would be handy to get HZ back onto Poloniex or something) and they all can be traded directly against each other on STELLAR.

The more of them we can get listed on decent exchanges the better though, since if only very few of them are listed, as has been the case for years now, whichever of them IS listed tends to end up being the dumping route for all of them, so all the dumping anyone wants to do of any of them all ends up routed through whichever one of them they can find a route out to fiat through. In much the same way that having so many coins trade against bitcoin makes bitcoin bear the brunt of all the dumping anyone wants to do of an of the many many coins that are paired against bitcoin.

I am really sick of exchanges running off with all the bitcoins every time I build up a strong buy-side for a coin against bitcoin, so I am trying to focus my market-making efforts on the HORIZON and STELLAR platforms where I can feel more confident that my HZ and XLM coins, as well as all my other coins, are more secure than on some random new out of the blue previously unheard-of exchange.

Since the buy side of IXCoin on Yobit still goes all the way up to 222 satoshis, and I have a buy offer of 100 coins each satoshi all the way up, you should be able to sell almost 22200 IXCoins there. Actually I tihnk more, as likely my offers are for more than 100 coins toward the bottom of the price-range. I say almost though be cause some of the 100 buy offer I have at 222 satoshis has already been taken. As more of my sell offers are taken I will continue strengthening the buy-side, and if they re-instate I0Coin I will send some I0Coin back there again (was it there before?) likewise if they list DeVCoin, being as how I am already on that exchange.

Starting afresh on some new exchange that someone possibly created just to steal coins and/or identities/passwords seems less and less of a good idea with each one that rips us off.

You should try to bear in mind that money is basically an I.O.U, if you sell some you should be prepared to buy it back; don't dump it like some kind of fly by night ripoff artist, be a responsible coin-shop willing to buy back the coins you sell, making your money from "a small re-stocking fee on returned coins" or the gap between the sell price and buy price.

-MarkM-

ctya

Activity: 297
Merit: 30

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 03:46:02 AM

UPDATE
We also need the miners to resync the blockchain when asked for, so please stay tuned!

- develCuy

Are you forking the coin next?

That sounds like you are forking the coin.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2019, 07:24:31 AM

Hmmm yeah the blockchain is already in synch.

What needs to be re-synchronised is the receiver-files collection.

Everyone needs to install the same set of them that have all been updated to contain valid repositories of them, so even nodes starting from scratch from the very first receiver-file get the correct list of repositories all through the set so each time they go for the next one they still find it.

(As too many of the old URLs are now dead.)

We did this at least once before.

-MarkM-

kickback

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 09:47:42 AM

Oh cool I did not know I0Coin was still on any exchanges, I could not find it on CoinMarketCap to find out.

Yes unfortunately coinmarketcap needs to be updated by coin developers to let them know of any new exchanges coins are listed on from what I gather but all these coins have been listed for a long time on freiexchange  and still coins have not updated coinmarketcap so the devcoin etc developers must contact them for this to happen.

Freiexchange is ran by freicoin community and supported by fed fab (one of the blockstream founders along with Mr Timon)and VERY credible people so people should support this exchange which is hosting ancient coins for their legacy criteria although I do not see namecoin there yet for some reason.
kickback

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 09:49:14 AM

UPDATE
We also need the miners to resync the blockchain when asked for, so please stay tuned!

- develCuy

Are you forking the coin next?

That sounds like you are forking the coin.

Will our current wallets work the same after this event?
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2019, 05:42:32 PM

Yes unfortunately coinmarketcap needs to be updated by coin developers to let them know of any new exchanges coins are listed on from what I gather but all these coins have been listed for a long time on freiexchange  and still coins have not updated coinmarketcap so the devcoin etc developers must contact them for this to happen.

Freiexchange is ran by freicoin community and supported by fed fab (one of the blockstream founders along with Mr Timon)and VERY credible people so people should support this exchange which is hosting ancient coins for their legacy criteria although I do not see namecoin there yet for some reason.

I think I read something recently from someone trying to get a coin listed on CoinMarketCap, apparently the coin has to be on two exchanges both of which are themselves already listed on CoinMarketCap.

-MarkM-

Pages: « 1 ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 [407] 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: