Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:54:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 [404] 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
novacadian

Activity: 232
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2019, 02:23:19 AM

Who is Booner?

When registering on MarkM's BBS back in the late 80's it asked for an ALIAS. The only alias that came to mind was a nickname given to me as a child. In my pre-school childhood a popular TV program was about the frontiersman named Daniel Boone. Because of my obsession with the show someone had even given me a child's version of Daniel's Coon Tail Hat. The name "Booner" was given me and many in my extended family called me that well into adulthood.

- Nova (a.k.a Booner)

DVC Address : 1EfsiVUECqmR5Qx7C4PkmwadDXYuSGzssL

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ctya

Activity: 297
Merit: 30

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 05:41:46 PM

Just to let you all know that the Devtome project is being assigned 50 ongoing shares from round 98. This is similar to DevFund (budget for devcoin source code) on charge of the Development team, and the DevSTEEM fund managed by myself. For Devtome, the funds are on charge of the Devtome team, with the leadership of Novacadian.

The official address of Devtome Fund is: 1FQsjzmQvpETEfsR8CwyoL9HThE56mEry

We keep all these info open for public audit.

Go go Devcoin!

- develCuy

P.S: Ending: ThE-56-mEry was just pure coincidence.

What is this purpose  for this approximately 1.3 Million DVC-per-day fund?
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dvc/address.dws?1FQsjzmQvpETEfsR8CwyoL9HThE56mEry.htm

novacadian

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2019, 01:40:34 PM

Just to let you all know that the Devtome project is being assigned 50 ongoing shares from round 98. This is similar to DevFund (budget for devcoin source code) on charge of the Development team, and the DevSTEEM fund managed by myself. For Devtome, the funds are on charge of the Devtome team, with the leadership of Novacadian.

The official address of Devtome Fund is: 1FQsjzmQvpETEfsR8CwyoL9HThE56mEry

We keep all these info open for public audit.

Go go Devcoin!

- develCuy

P.S: Ending: ThE-56-mEry was just pure coincidence.

What is this purpose  for this approximately 1.3 Million DVC-per-day fund?
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dvc/address.dws?1FQsjzmQvpETEfsR8CwyoL9HThE56mEry.htm

Although there is currently a temporary moratorium on DevTome submissions, the forming consensus on the admin forum seems to be that there will be a DVC per word payment for DevTome submissions. How much in DVC is yet to be determined. There will also need to be a DVC Bounty for some changes to the scripts. At present a word count is being done, yet instead of a proportion of shares as reward a payment in DVC will be made to the appropriate wallet covering the price per word for their submission.

There will need to be a payment in a DVC salary of sorts for DevTome Admins. The general plan that is forming is that along with their normal duties of signing new users up and reviewing content they will also choose content that seems to the caliber of STEEM's Proof of Brain.  That content will then be posted through our @devcoin account on the STEEM blockchain. Using the new Beneficiaries system of STEEM, 10% of the post rewards will be assigned to the @devcoin account to aid in its growth, 10% of the post's rewards will be assigned to the admin who had chosen the content to post and 80% will go to the original DevTome content creator.

Should the DevTome budget end up being larger than needed then perhaps contests, in the style of present STEEM contests, could be arranged to assign surplus DVCs to high quality content creators.

None of this is, yet, etched in stone as the final DevTome budget has not been formalized. develCuy has simply assigned 50 shares (down from 100 if memory serves) in the meantime.

Feedback is welcome on these plans which are yet to be formalized.

- Nova

ctya

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 02:02:01 PM

How much in DVC is yet to be determined.
[/quote]

This has the potential to be very beneficial to the DVC project.  It is a good path to rewarding writers.
I understand the need for funding it.
However, I request that these shares are not included in the next round.  I think there are enough funds to get started at some as-yet-undetermined time in the near future.

Additional requests:
 * Prove the process and the budget with the funds acquired during this round.
 * Post on DevTome the wallet address, the process, how to participate, the value per word, and any other information you think will help recruit and retain participants.
 * Resume the round shares to this address after you have demonstrated the process and participants are waiting for funding.

cheers

ctya

novacadian

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2019, 07:05:17 PM

This has the potential to be very beneficial to the DVC project.  It is a good path to rewarding writers.
However, I request that these shares are not included in the next round.  I think there are enough funds to get started at some as-yet-undetermined time in the near future.

Additional requests:
 * Post on DevTome the wallet address, the process, how to participate, the value per word, and any other information you think will help recruit and retain participants.
 * Resume the round shares to this address after you have demonstrated the process and participants are waiting for funding.

cheers

ctya

Well let us all get our budgets in order before pointing out others.  It's not like the funds are being misused when sitting in a wallet. Wink

- Nova

ctya

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 07:30:23 PM

Additional requests:

cheers

ctya

Well let us all get our budgets in order before pointing out others.  It's not like the funds are being misused when sitting in a wallet. Wink

- Nova

That is an unfortuante response.

Dear Devcoin community,

For the record:
I attempted private messages to Develcuy about this matter, to no avail.  Develcuy told me that I should simply accept that the share value has been reduced by 23% as a matter of ongoing fact.

I attempted to discuss it publicly and I was immediately sent a private message from Develcuy which attempted to shame me for having a public conversation instead of discussing this on the private message board with "the admins"

Novacadian has now replied publicly "It's not like the funds are being misused", despite the fact that I never mentioned misuse. 
I have not made an accusaction at all.
Nova, I like you, please don't put words in my mouth.

I simply wanted to have some justification of the 50 share per round, which amounts to about 1.3 Million DVC per day... or remove it from the next round.

Is it possible?  If not, why not.

ctya

develCuy

Activity: 470
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2019, 10:00:55 PM

Additional requests:

cheers

ctya

- Nova

That is an unfortuante response.

Dear Devcoin community,

For the record:
I attempted private messages to Develcuy about this matter, to no avail.  Develcuy told me that I should simply accept that the share value has been reduced by 23% as a matter of ongoing fact.

I attempted to discuss it publicly and I was immediately sent a private message from Develcuy which attempted to shame me for having a public conversation instead of discussing this on the private message board with "the admins"

Novacadian has now replied publicly "It's not like the funds are being misused", despite the fact that I never mentioned misuse. 
I have not made an accusaction at all.
Nova, I like you, please don't put words in my mouth.

I simply wanted to have some justification of the 50 share per round, which amounts to about 1.3 Million DVC per day... or remove it from the next round.

Is it possible?  If not, why not.

ctya

Ctya

Here is this copy of my private message to you, the one you call an attempt to shame you:

Hi Ctya,

I always give you my feedback with gratitude to your help from the the very beginning. I won't hold the accounting duty without your support and advise. That said, I think that discussing about shares in several places at the same time is not good communication. We have already set an internal forum. Everybody is free to communicate publicly, but I just ask you to please make your proposal in the internal forum first, and give us time to debate, so that we have a chance for consensus along with all admins.

Also, rather than criticizing other admins for their assigned shares, I suggest you to help them understand why your assigned shares are a good investment for the Devcoin project. We all need the support of the majority at EOD.

Just my 2c.

I already explained both publicly and internally what I'm doing and what the funds will be used for. Not today, not yesterday, but from the very beginning. Yet, this week you seem to ignore everything. I did my best to explain myself again, asking you to please participate in the internal discussions with the admin team, so that you can get the additional funds that you need. Unfortunately nothing seems to be fast enough for you. Because now you attack Novacadian and me publicly. What do you really want?

I'm working hard to build an strong structure for the whole project, so that we can build on top of solid foundations. This all requires strategy AND consensus. If you are going to hit the table every time you dislike something or because you don't trust your team, then you have to make a decision. Long history short. If you stay, let's work side by side with the admin team. If you don't trust us, then it doesn't make sense to stay. Because I'm not staying in the Devcoin project if the team will follow your current self-destructive leadership.

- develCuy

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
ctya

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 12:02:02 AM

I am just asking you to suspend the 50 shares for the next round until you provide a plan.
It seems I have upset you by asking.
I still have no answer.  So, I will keep asking.

Who is leaving DeVCoin now?

develCuy

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2019, 02:47:49 PM

First of all, I want to tell everybody that currently I'm holding the accounting role of the Devtome project. I guess that not just Ctya but other people might be unhappy with my decisions. So, I can understand your feelings but you don't need to attack me, because you only spread the bad feelings and I can only feel sad with that situation. Please, we should realize that somebody has to make make the hard decisions. I'm making the hard decisions now, are you going to help or are you going to attack me?

That said, here is me again trying to answer Ctya:

I am just asking you to suspend the 50 shares for the next round until you provide a plan.

Actually, this round I'm asking everybody with assigned ongoing shares, not just me and Novacadian, to provide a budget (a plan for spending the money). But this is the answer I got from you:
I will need to find someone else to host a devcoin explorer, host devcoin.org, host devtome.com, and I will reduce the number of full nodes I am running from 12 to only one.  That will help me to reduce my expenses in the devcoin project.

Ctya, you have 25.8 shares = 18725795 DVC being paid to you this round (604058 DVC per day) that doesn't seem enough for all the number of things you do. I'm eager to help you sync your expenses with the budget. For that to happen, I kindly ask you (for the fifth time) to elaborate your plans for each of the roles/duties in the admins forum.

In regards to the provisioned funds for Devtome. I can't decide arbitrarily what to do with those 50 shares, since the majority supported the idea of keeping Devtome alive, and you were one those in favor. So, for the third time, please use the admin forum to make your proposal about Devtome, so that you can get consensus. And that is how you can get the answer to your question.

- develCuy

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
ctya

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 04:03:47 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2019, 05:03:36 PM by ctya

Ctya, you have 25.8 shares = 18725795 DVC being paid to you this round (604058 DVC per day)

Thanks for making that clear.

To recap
25.8 shares to me for hosting the two primary sites, hosting multiple full nodes, hosting receiver files, and much more
50 shares to yourself for a project with no activity and an idea that it might be used in the future.

I will ask again:
Can you suspend those 50 shares until you have a proof-of-concept?

https://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin&#voting

cheers,

ctya

develCuy

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2019, 05:52:49 AM

50 shares to yourself...

Can you tell me what makes you think like that?

novacadian

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2019, 01:42:03 PM

Ctya, you have 25.8 shares = 18725795 DVC being paid to you this round (604058 DVC per day)

To recap
25.8 shares to me for hosting the two primary sites, hosting multiple full nodes, hosting receiver files, and much more
50 shares to yourself for a project with no activity and an idea that it might be used in the future.

I will ask again:

cheers,

ctya

Hi ctya,

This reminded me that there is a candidate willing to unburden you of the Bounty Factorum position. Could you please outline the duties the position requires (to aid in the position's budgeting) on the thread found at:

https://trollkeep.com/smf/index.php?topic=11.0

Thanks!

- Nova

ctya

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 03:19:55 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2019, 03:40:18 PM by ctya

50 shares to yourself...

Can you tell me what makes you think like that?

I believe we already agreed that there was an assignment of 50 shares to a wallet controlled by you.

None of this is, yet, etched in stone as the final DevTome budget has not been formalized. develCuy has simply assigned 50 shares (down from 100 if memory serves) in the meantime.
Feedback is welcome on these plans which are yet to be formalized.
- Nova

Please let us all know which voting process was used.

ctya
ctya

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 03:23:18 PM

To recap

I will ask again:

cheers,

ctya

Hi ctya,

This reminded me that there is a candidate willing to unburden you of the Bounty Factorum position. Could you please outline the duties the position requires (to aid in the position's budgeting) on the thread found at:

https://trollkeep.com/smf/index.php?topic=11.0

Thanks!

- Nova

The position is described at
https://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_human_resources

If you want to expand on that description for the next person who takes the position, please edit Devtome as this is historically appropriate.

ctya

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 03:32:10 PM

...For that to happen, I kindly ask you (for the fifth time) to elaborate your plans for each of the roles/duties in the admins forum.

"admins forum" is incorrect.  That is not where we communicate about DeVCoin.  It is a place created by you and Nova and it was never necessary to have a new place to communicate.

So you can ask a sixth time, and I will still not go to your side-channel to communicate out of public view to satisfy your need to hide the communication.

We can discuss it here.

ctya

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 03:57:56 PM

Taxes on crypto are getting too complicated and dangerous:
https://www.reddit.com/r/tax/comments/9tcnu8/did_i_ruin_my_life_by_trading_crypto/

The problems are the following:

1. The tax code for crypto is ambiguous, there is no widely agreed upon way to calculate taxes.
2. When exchanges fail, the trading information is lost, so it can be impossible to calculate trading gains and losses.
3. Accounting fees can be very high for crypto trading, sometimes more than the actual money made.
4. It is possible to owe more in taxes than was actually cashed out.
5. The rules change, and some of those changes are retroactive, so even if taxes are filed correctly today, in future tax collectors can claim that the taxes were not filed correctly and impose arbitrary penalties.

Devcoin is worth very little, but the accounting fees and risks are still high. It's a lot of hassle for little gain.

Because of this, unfortunately, I am going to resign from devcoin, until taxes are simplified or there's a big tax free cryptocoin jurisdiction, which I don't expect to happen for a long time if ever.

I don't want anyone to get in trouble because of something I'm doing or developing. I'll do the accounting for round 94, after that devcoin developers can handle the receiver files however they want.

I'm sorry for leaving. I wish there was another way, but I don't see one.

UTB is right, DeVCoin is worth very little, but the accounting fees and risks are still high. It's a lot of hassle for little gain.
I am resigning from DeVCoin.
I will continue my roles until the next round.

ctya

ViqRa

Activity: 52
Merit: 36

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 01:20:10 AM

Thanks for everything you did, ctya.
develCuy

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2019, 07:20:58 AM

UTB is right, DeVCoin is worth very little, but the accounting fees and risks are still high. It's a lot of hassle for little gain.
I am resigning from DeVCoin.
I will continue my roles until the next round.

ctya

This might be the worst time to see you go Ctya, but I hope that you will cooperate to transfer your duties to the admins team. I have created a new thread in the admins forum with my proposal, under the Operations battle front (sub-forum).

That said, I'm still thankful to you for all the key contributions you did to the Devcoin Project, you are really helpful when you want it. It is unfortunate to see you go this way.

- develCuy

FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2019, 10:50:06 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2019, 11:00:13 AM by FuzzyBear

Just catching up on a bit of backlog and seen the thread and discussion going on here.

I think the problem was 50 shares was being sent to the last historic share count of devtome where the user had not written any new content. That obviously needed to stop. Perhaps as there was disagreement for these funds to be sent to a user or group with no outline clearly explaining what the funds would be used for maybe burning the devcoins would have been a better option this round? As seems this has caused ctyx to feel the need to leave the dve community, this saddens after all the hard work I have seen ctyx produce recently for dvc.  

I should add for clarity that as like bitcoin, devcoin is open source, has no "official" leader or owner, rather we are a collective of people coming together to try create and share something we believe in enough to invest our time and effort into it. That said... the lead dev usually is the one driving the particular cryptocurrency as they are the one to implement the code changes and requests etc. If there is no lead dev then how is the project to develop and progress at all? I say this as ctyx is listed as the only Devcoin Developer on https://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_human_resources

Fuzzybear

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
novacadian

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2019, 02:13:16 PM

Just catching up on a bit of backlog and seen the thread and discussion going on here.

I think the problem was 50 shares was being sent to the last historic share count of devtome where the user had not written any new content. That obviously needed to stop. Perhaps as there was disagreement for these funds to be sent to a user or group with no outline clearly explaining what the funds would be used for maybe burning the devcoins would have been a better option this round? As seems this has caused ctyx to feel the need to leave the dve community, this saddens after all the hard work I have seen ctyx produce recently for dvc.  

This is the second round which has had a moritorium placed on all and any DevTome rewards for the reasons you have stated, FuzzyBear. The DVCs were accumulating for future use in the DevTome Budget. One can only speculate, yet my guess is that without the 50 shares being assigned to DevTome (down from 100 btw) that it would mean more DVCs for ctya's 25+ shares. Just an assumption on my part and with his resignation it is somewhat moot.

- Nova

Pages: « 1 ... 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 [404] 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: